McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tat2matt View Post
    You mean like the identity that Shanahan created by bringing everything he knew, including several players, from the 49ers?
    I was pretty young, then. As far I knew the Broncos... it was Shanahan's way. You'll have to forgive me for thinking of his schemes as the "Bronco Way". In fact, I was stunned and very disappointed in his firing. I really felt we were finally on the verge of something great. I took the McDaniel's hiring in stride, though. If they could fix that D, I'd sign on with it. Still had the offense I could cling to. My ZBS fronting for Cutler... Marshall and Royal confounding all comers (and if they couldn't there was always Scheffler hanging out waiting for a deep one) and Hillis, Young, and Torain ready to emerge next year as an unbelievable trio. But that's not what it's looking like. They've gotten rid of the QB, gonna distance themselves from the ZBS, brought in more RBs (so much for Peyton "The 4x4" Hillis) and the Patriots offensive schemes.

I mean, I see your point... but, it's like rooting for an entirely different team, now. In a way, I don't feel like I'm leaving them, but rather, that they've left me.
    The clever man delivers reasonable, rational, and sometimes irrefutable arguments. The wise man understands the futility of reasonable, rational, and irrefutable arguments. I'm neither wise, nor, I suspect, very clever.

Comment

• Originally posted by dman444 View Post
      Dude, just freaking leave already. No one cares if you give up being a fan. Don't come here and give your farewell speech and then try to argue with people.
      Or what? You're gonna argue with me, too? Idiot.
      The clever man delivers reasonable, rational, and sometimes irrefutable arguments. The wise man understands the futility of reasonable, rational, and irrefutable arguments. I'm neither wise, nor, I suspect, very clever.

Comment

• Originally posted by AmericanBronc View Post
        That's your choice. But let me ask you: what are you rooting for? What is this team? Is it the uniform? Is it the name?

See, to me, the team is everything from the Front Office to the name to the uniform to the players to the coaches.

The FO has sold us out to Patriot philosophy (remember, we used to hate this team?).
        The coaches have been replaced.
        The players have been replaced.
        Only the name and uniform remains.

Where's the continuity?
        you really need to grow up. it's been a business since owners started packing up mayflowers trucks and moving teams in the middle of the night like the colts did baltimore or the browns did to cleveland.

ever since FA started I couldn't maintain loyalty to a player cause just when i thought this player would be here forever he would sign with the highest bidder or the team would trade or cut him.
        you get over that and just remain loyal to the jersey and the history of the team.
        too many people get overly wrapped up in names. whoever is on the team when the season starts that's who i am loyal too.
        Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Understood... I just don't like it very much. I don't understand what I'm rooting for, now.
          If you are still a fan, then it is the Broncos. As Coach Herb Brooks said in the Movie "Miracle" "The name on the front of the jersey is a whole lot more important then the name on the back". Players and coaches will come and go, but the Broncos will alway be there.

Think of it this way, I am a Red Sox fan for 86 years the team could not break through, did all those fans leave the team? I am sure some did, but the TRUFANS stayed. The ones that believe the team comes first.

As much as I hate the Raiders and their fans, You have to respect a fanbase that will stay will a team this long, with that many problems.
          Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by tat2matt View Post
            Right, that whole offensive scheme that set record touchdown numbers two years ago and the back-up QB who threw for 3,600 yards last year probably have nothing to do with the Offensive Coordinator position.
            Notice the word "Head" in there...

Charlie Weis, Romeo Crennel and Eric Mangini were all "bright", "young", head coaches and they all failed.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bklynbronco View Post
              you really need to grow up. it's been a business since owners started packing up mayflowers trucks and moving teams in the middle of the night like the colts did baltimore or the browns did to cleveland.

ever since FA started I couldn't maintain loyalty to a player cause just when i thought this player would be here forever he would sign with the highest bidder or the team would trade or cut him.
              you get over that and just remain loyal to the jersey and the history of the team.
              too many people get overly wrapped up in names. whoever is on the team when the season starts that's who i am loyal too.
              Interesting. Then why this team and not some other? Why this jersey?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJets 4 Life View Post
                This little tidbit often falls on deaf ears..
                Because it is an opinion not well presented nor backed up.

Comment

• The FO has sold us out to Patriot philosophy GOOD NEWS!
                  The coaches have been replaced.GOOD NEWS!
                  The players have been replaced.GOOD NEWS!
                  Only the name and uniform remains.GOOD NEWS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                    If you are still a fan, then it is the Broncos. As Coach Herb Brooks said in the Movie "Miracle" "The name on the front of the jersey is a whole lot more important then the name on the back". Players and coaches will come and go, but the Broncos will alway be there.

Think of it this way, I am a Red Sox fan for 86 years the team could not break through, did all those fans leave the team? I am sure some did, but the TRUFANS stayed. The ones that believe the team comes first.

As much as I hate the Raiders and their fans, You have to respect a fanbase that will stay will a team this long, with that many problems.
                    good post
                    CP!
                    Team Tebow Member #14

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post

You mean, "the Broncos business" (I'm playing Devil's advocate here... not saying you're wrong, I just don't understand)

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                        They'll make Cutler happy.

They'll give him a top coordinator, if not now then soon, and he'll be the center of the offense.
                        Well, Orton was the center of the offense as well. I'm not saying they absolutely won't change philosophies, but they might just feel Jay is good enough to make this current offense viable, and they will win with defense. They really might not sink much into upgrading the offense now that they acquired him. Their defense is eroding and they probably will focus their efforts there. Not a definite, but a possibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by SunDevil_Jake View Post
                          I'm telling you, this will all get MUCH WORSE before it gets better.

Players, and I'm referring to the few good ones we have left, won't want to play for an arrogant, immature kid they don't respect.

I see hold-outs, more demands to be traded and general discontent coming.
                          And you know this... How?

Have you TALKED to any of these players?

Didn't think so. Maybe 1 player is upset (Who btw, can only be Scheffler, because he is the only one who spoke about it, and he's getting traded too) but not the whole damn team. You're still mad about Cutler, so you're writing any negative post you can.

If the players were really upset with McDaniels, then they wouldn't have listened to his request to not talk to the media. If anything, I bet most of the team feels betrayed by Cutler. Go on espn and read the articles about how Cutler wouldn't even return his teammates calls.
                          Very happy to have Tebow in orange and blue!!!

Team Tebow #16

Comment

• To a certian point yes. Jerry Seinfield pointed out that at this point "We are cheering for Laundry".

Let me play advocate with you. What if Coach McDaniels leads us to the "Promised Land"? From what I have heard, the scheme that he wants to use alot of "Deep Routes", which will use our receivers and Tight Ends alot. I have also heard that we will be a run first, so the running backs you mentioned will get alot of carries. So the two things you where upset about seam to be covered. So then why are you mad?
                            Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                            sigpic

Comment

That's your choice. But let me ask you: what are you rooting for? What is this team? Is it the uniform? Is it the name?

See, to me, the team is everything from the Front Office to the name to the uniform to the players to the coaches.

The FO has sold us out to Patriot philosophy (remember, we used to hate this team?).
                              The coaches have been replaced.
                              The players have been replaced.
                              Only the name and uniform remains.

Where's the continuity?

Why don't you ask yourself those questions. You claim Bronco faith yet question it at the same time.
                              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Are you trying to get people to talk you out of it or something? You sound like an emo kid.

Seriously no one cares if you give up being a fan, it affects no one. If you are going to leave then do it and don't hang around here and if you are not then just accept what has happened and root for the same team you have for years.

Comment

Working...
                                X