McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AmericanBronc View Post
    Interesting. Then why this team and not some other? Why this jersey?
    in 78 during SB 12 my brother was a diehard cowboy fan(staubach,dorsett,too tall jones etc.) i knew nothing about football . while he rooted for them he needed someone to antognize so he sat me dowm in front of the Tv and said go for the team in the orange jersey with the blue helmet and D on it. my brother was 15 and I was 7, I listen too him. did not know a player or what the game was about but that was my team. couldn't forget them and ever since then i have been a bronco fan, not because of player because of the jersey. it's a simple as that.
    don't get me wrong i have had my favorite players through bronco history but that was then this is now and the emotional attachment to players has been gone since the early 90's.
    Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

• I really curious to see how Cutler transitions into a run first offense than a pass first offense. He's definitly going to be getting a lot less opportunities. The more I think about this, the more I'm starting to think that Cutler will have a tough time in Chicago. For as much as he likes to throw deep, there really is no1 to throw too. Hester is a burner yes, but the guy has stone hands, and is a terrible route runner. He rarely gets open deep, and even when he does its still a good laugh to watch him try and track down a ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by crazycombo View Post
        pay no attention to anything that its said in chicago.

We are fine, orton is a good QB, and we can use those two first round.
        2009 and 2010.
        Orton is medocore at best! If Cutler is so awful, why'd they give us 2 1st rounders AND orton!??????One of the 1st's should be used on a QB!
        Haze gray and underway!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
          Well, Orton was the center of the offense as well. I'm not saying they absolutely won't change philosophies, but they might just feel Jay is good enough to make this current offense viable, and they will win with defense. They really might not sink much into upgrading the offense now that they acquired him. Their defense is eroding and they probably will focus their efforts there. Not a definite, but a possibility.
          Come on. Orton is not Jay Cutler.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by antipas View Post
            Orton is medocore at best! If Cutler is so awful, why'd they give us 2 1st rounders AND orton!??????One of the 1st's should be used on a QB!
            Orton played for a bad O-Line and mediocre receivers. I'd like to see what he can do with ours first. And we have more pressing needs than a QB in this year's 1st round I think.
            Very happy to have Tebow in orange and blue!!!

Team Tebow #16

Comment

• The feeling is mutual right now

Hey guys, give him a little bit of a break. I think were all kind of feeling a little down right now. He's got a right to an opinion and mine isn't much different right now. So we get two #1s. What is that going to do for us in the way of a franchise qb? There is certainly noone in this years draft that even comes close to the talent we just lost. We won't even have a shot at Tebo next year as our 1st round pick from the bears will more than likely be in the upper teens to low 20's. So why is everybody so exited about what we got in exchange. If you really think about it, this was truly a loss for us. The only way we have a chance at a high pick next year is to start Orton and I'm not slamming him but this guy is just useless. Why not ask for hester or Urlacher? I mean come on, Kyle Orton?

Comment

• Originally posted by DanEllis View Post
                McDaniels should care what the players think. He should care about what he has done in Dove Valley. If he doesn't he shouldn't be the head coach.
                If he didn't care what Cutler thought(McDummy), what makes you think he cares what any of the other players (who are EXPENDABLE) think?
                Haze gray and underway!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                  Yea, but I think by Training camp at the latest they will all move on and be ready for another season.
                  They're going to have to, if they want to make anything out of next season!
                  Haze gray and underway!

Comment

• Originally posted by saphire1 View Post
                    philly wasnt going to sign brian dawkins. why would he stay on a team that didnt want him?!
                    They did want him, but only wanted to give him a one year deal. Dawkins took the money and ran. I don't blame him.

Comment

• Originally Posted by AmericanBronc
                      Interesting. Then why this team and not some other? Why this jersey?

For some it is the one in there home city. For other's it was Elway, or fill in a players name. I am sorry I don't recall if you stated why you became a Broncos fan. If it was soley for the way Coach Shannahan did thinks then you have every reason to leave. But then you where never a "Broncos Fan" you where a "Coach Shannahan Fan", and you will follow him where ever he goes. Which would go back to my OP in this saying you are a Band Wagoner, that you will jump from team to team, only staying if they do what you think they should do.

I hope you are not like this in other area's of your life. You will love your wife/husband as long as they do what you want them to do. Or you will only love your childern if approve of the way they live their lives. I hope you are not the kind that does not love unconditionally.

To me, living like makes you a quitter. When the going gets tough, you hide in a shell like a turtle.
                      Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                        Come on. Orton is not Jay Cutler.
                        Exactly! Which is why they might just sit tight on offense and focus on defense. They have their 'franchise QB', so if he is as good as they think he is, he can be productive with what they have already. Just a possibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by cs dave View Post
                          This mcjaygate event has sealed McDaniels fate. He will flop as have all former bellichek assistants. I hope Cutler goes on to a great career but when this type of trade happens to a QB history shows odds are not in his favor. The only Young and Plunkett come to mind.
                          It will take us 5 years and two coaches to recover!!!

MISTAKE!!!!!!
                          HERE! HERE! Good post, and welcome to the boards!
                          Haze gray and underway!

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJets 4 Life View Post
                            This little tidbit often falls on deaf ears..
                            Only those who hate Cutler!
                            Haze gray and underway!

Comment

• Optimism

Southstander, I love your optimism especially with the run first approach. I have one question though; with the deep routes who in the hell is going to throw it to them? Orton and Simms will be lucky enough to find the reciever let a lone get the ball to them. We are just so screwed right now and have a feeling we will be for a long time. Broncos fan for 31 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by BurgessRudy View Post
                                I've been listening to ESPN radio in Chicago and they just were talking with a sports reporter who used to be in Denver and he said that he talked to a Bronco player today that said they are very angry with what has happened with the team and Jay Cutler. "Got rid of a Hall of fame coach for a young rookie and then got rid of the Franchise quarterback."

So the players :cutler:without being screened by the Coach are not happy.

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Well no crap they're mad.

I remember Correll Buckhalter was asked how he felt to be a Bronco when he got out of Denver International Airport.

He said, "I can't wait to catch some balls from Jay Cutler, this team has a heck of an offense and I can't wait to contribute" - something along those lines.

People came to WIN NOW, like Dawkins. To see the Ferrari of an offense torn apart from the head over a pissing match is disheartening to anyone, even if they don't want to speak up.

Remember people? How do you kill an entity? You cut the snake from the head. McDaniels has cut the head off the team, and has now claimed it COMPLETELY as his own... regardless of the ramifications to this teams future, or if it can actually "win now" as he told to so many signed players.

Comment

Working...
                                X