McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BurgessRudy View Post
    I've been listening to ESPN radio in Chicago and they just were talking with a sports reporter who used to be in Denver and he said that he talked to a Bronco player today that said they are very angry with what has happened with the team and Jay Cutler. "Got rid of a Hall of fame coach for a young rookie and then got rid of the Franchise quarterback."

So the players :cutler:without being screened by the Coach are not happy.

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!
    and all of the sudden you believe espn?

did adam schefter say it? if not then it's crap
    sigpic

Comment

• i dont care im glad hes out of town

the broncos got themselves a whole lot in this trade

pick up Mark Sanchez and Kyle Orton is good for now

and the defense can only get better i think we are okay

hell i know it and we will be winners in 09

Comment

• Originally posted by MICKIE View Post
        Hey guys, give him a little bit of a break. I think were all kind of feeling a little down right now. He's got a right to an opinion and mine isn't much different right now. So we get two #1s. What is that going to do for us in the way of a franchise qb? There is certainly noone in this years draft that even comes close to the talent we just lost. We won't even have a shot at Tebo next year as our 1st round pick from the bears will more than likely be in the upper teens to low 20's. So why is everybody so exited about what we got in exchange. If you really think about it, this was truly a loss for us. The only way we have a chance at a high pick next year is to start Orton and I'm not slamming him but this guy is just useless. Why not ask for hester or Urlacher? I mean come on, Kyle Orton?
        I think you are right on this. While Cutler had great talent, he also had glairing problems. Mental toughness being one, as well as not owning up to his mistakes. Third he is VERY immature, worse then Rivers. I feel these things will effect his play long term. In my eyes Cutler will be the next Journeyman QB.

I don't know much about Orton, but he does have an NFC Championship ring, and a better then .500 record. He has played in the same system the Coach McDaniels wants to run, so that would give him a leg up on any other QB. All he needs to do is manage the game, and he did that in Chitown, so we will be fine.
        Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DieHard View Post
          Many players are speaking out, and they are very unhappy about the debacle at Dove Valley
          it's hearsay till you get a direct quote

prove that they're really mad

go ahead
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
            don't be ridiculous. You think they are going to stage a mutiny and then make this team bad? They get paid to play a game. Sure they might be pissed (some). Winning cures all. If we start winning then all is solved.
            IF is the proper word here! McDummy hasn't shown nothin' yet!
            Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Southstander, I love your optimism especially with the run first approach. I have one question though; with the deep routes who in the hell is going to throw it to them? Orton and Simms will be lucky enough to find the reciever let a lone get the ball to them. We are just so screwed right now and have a feeling we will be for a long time. Broncos fan for 31 years.

I posted 34 years but actually going into my 35th year.

Times right now have a big question mark.

We won't actually see what this really does for two years. I'm sure you're with me in hopes that it is sooner.
              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• What on earth is going on??? A Vent.

Finally a few people who agree...

I have been a Denver fan for 25 years and I have never been as bummed as I am right now. I can not understand how a team, in a 6 month time period can throw so much away. Do we really believe that we are better off by moving the best Coach and one of the best QB's in the NFL out of town. We were having a great season last year up until the point when we were pulling guys out of cell phone booths to come play running back, we needed to make some small adjustments, get our backs healthy, shore up the defense and get some defensive leadership and we would have been making a SB run.

These are the biggest mistakes made in franchise history, there is no more important position to fill in any sport then a QB in the NFL and we just sent one of the best young QB's packing.

I must confess I am rather impressed and annoyed with the eternal optimism and confidence of so many Broncos fans here on this site. McDaniels has no experience as a head coach and so far has only moved the face of franchise out of town, yet Denver fans are not broken? McDaniels did a great job of grooming Matt Castle but Orton is no Castle and he doesn't have several years to sit under Brady either. I wish I could be as optimistic as the others, but I think we are in a real nasty situation. McDaniels seems to think he can make a QB out of anyone. The reality is that Castle was a one time thing not to mention that McD won't have the same ability to focus so much on the QB as he now has the responsibility of running the entire team.

I am broken, I don't know if I can stand another year of the Chargers taking the AFC West. I am holding the fort down alone out year. And I'll tell you what, Charger Fans were fearing Cutler and the Broncos but now the are loving McDaniels.

What do we do now, sit around and wait to see if McD is half the coach he thinks he is, and wait for a new franchise QB??? I wish this was an April Fools joke.

Comment

• I think unhappy players from both teams will eventually need to really keep their mouths shut and move on with how this ended or they'll be labelled crybabies too.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Ch1ggs View Post
                    Winning lotto numbers please.
                    4-13-21-65-27 power ball 6:go:
                    Haze gray and underway!

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                      it's hearsay till you get a direct quote

prove that they're really mad

go ahead
                      Why, that makes too much sense!

I enjoy reading made up posts.
                      Very happy to have Tebow in orange and blue!!!

Team Tebow #16

Comment

Southstander, I love your optimism especially with the run first approach. I have one question though; with the deep routes who in the hell is going to throw it to them? Orton and Simms will be lucky enough to find the reciever let a lone get the ball to them. We are just so screwed right now and have a feeling we will be for a long time. Broncos fan for 31 years.
                        Untill I see that either Simms, or Orton can't do it I have cause to think that they can't. There still is a chance we could trade up and get one of the big name QB's that have a last name that start with the letter S.

Why not look at the glass as half full? What does it net you or anyone for that matter to be negitive. Coach McDaniels have not coached one game yet, and people are already calling for his head. Say we where to fire him and bring back in Coach Shannahan, Cutler would still be gone. Give him at least a season before you complian and say it wont work. Honestly how many of you thought at this time last year that the Cards would go to the Super Bowl? How many of you thought that the Ravens, and Dolphins would have had as good of a season as they did?
                        Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                        sigpic

Comment

• McDaniels

DIEHARD

3 years isn't f...... soon enough! This guy is tearing this franchise and its fan base apart. Don't tell me Bowlen wasn't in on this. That is total BS and everyone knows it!

Comment

• The Bronco's will take a team approach

Originally posted by BurgessRudy View Post
                            I've been listening to ESPN radio in Chicago and they just were talking with a sports reporter who used to be in Denver and he said that he talked to a Bronco player today that said they are very angry with what has happened with the team and Jay Cutler. "Got rid of a Hall of fame coach for a young rookie and then got rid of the Franchise quarterback."

So the players :cutler:without being screened by the Coach are not happy.

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!
                            There may be players who disagree with the trade, but if they understand the game, they understand the trade. I see this team embracing Kyle Orton and getting on with off season preparations. Let's move on!

Comment

• Originally posted by antipas
                              No, McDummy will just get rid of them too! No one's job is safe!:cutler:
                              agree. he got rid of mike leach when he has no reason to. mike leach didnt even complain about a single thing before he was cut. he got rid of cutler when he has no reason to.

just bec he wants to be the !man!

who knows what he'll do to the likes of scheff and stokes, who has publicly said its been cuththroat and that theyre not happy of getting rid of jay?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                                Thats just all here say. Believe me if players were that miffed they would gone to denver press. People may be mad or what ever, but they are (or should be) professionals and will accept Orton when he comes in.
                                It's "hearsay." Spell-check is your friend.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X