McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tat2matt View Post
    You mean like the identity that Shanahan created by bringing everything he knew, including several players, from the 49ers?

THE TRADING OF CUTLER is the entire issue. Its nothing like when Shanahan took over in Denver; he kept the bedrock players. McDaniels is casting them off.
    sigpic

TZ

Comment

• Originally posted by trevairdasnair View Post
      Finally a few people who agree...

I have been a Denver fan for 25 years and I have never been as bummed as I am right now. I can not understand how a team, in a 6 month time period can throw so much away. Do we really believe that we are better off by moving the best Coach and one of the best QB's in the NFL out of town. We were having a great season last year up until the point when we were pulling guys out of cell phone booths to come play running back, we needed to make some small adjustments, get our backs healthy, shore up the defense and get some defensive leadership and we would have been making a SB run.

These are the biggest mistakes made in franchise history, there is no more important position to fill in any sport then a QB in the NFL and we just sent one of the best young QB's packing.

I must confess I am rather impressed and annoyed with the eternal optimism and confidence of so many Broncos fans here on this site. McDaniels has no experience as a head coach and so far has only moved the face of franchise out of town, yet Denver fans are not broken? McDaniels did a great job of grooming Matt Castle but Orton is no Castle and he doesn't have several years to sit under Brady either. I wish I could be as optimistic as the others, but I think we are in a real nasty situation. McDaniels seems to think he can make a QB out of anyone. The reality is that Castle was a one time thing not to mention that McD won't have the same ability to focus so much on the QB as he now has the responsibility of running the entire team.

I am broken, I don't know if I can stand another year of the Chargers taking the AFC West. I am holding the fort down alone out year. And I'll tell you what, Charger Fans were fearing Cutler and the Broncos but now the are loving McDaniels.

What do we do now, sit around and wait to see if McD is half the coach he thinks he is, and wait for a new franchise QB??? I wish this was an April Fools joke.
      Man I have never read a better first post!!!

on that post and welcome to the threads!!
      I mean SERIOUSLY?!?!

GOGO:cutler:

Comment

• Cutler really won't regret if they re-up on his contract. Bus Cook may not regret it either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
          Untill I see that either Simms, or Orton can't do it I have cause to think that they can't. There still is a chance we could trade up and get one of the big name QB's that have a last name that start with the letter S.

Why not look at the glass as half full? What does it net you or anyone for that matter to be negitive. Coach McDaniels have not coached one game yet, and people are already calling for his head. Say we where to fire him and bring back in Coach Shannahan, Cutler would still be gone. Give him at least a season before you complian and say it wont work. Honestly how many of you thought at this time last year that the Cards would go to the Super Bowl? How many of you thought that the Ravens, and Dolphins would have had as good of a season as they did?
          AWESOME POST. i have been trying to stress this to the negative bronco fans on here.
          too many here are so quick to hate and not take a deep breath.
          Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

I have been a Denver fan for 25 years and I have never been as bummed as I am right now. I can not understand how a team, in a 6 month time period can throw so much away. Do we really believe that we are better off by moving the best Coach and one of the best QB's in the NFL out of town. We were having a great season last year up until the point when we were pulling guys out of cell phone booths to come play running back, we needed to make some small adjustments, get our backs healthy, shore up the defense and get some defensive leadership and we would have been making a SB run.

These are the biggest mistakes made in franchise history, there is no more important position to fill in any sport then a QB in the NFL and we just sent one of the best young QB's packing.

I must confess I am rather impressed and annoyed with the eternal optimism and confidence of so many Broncos fans here on this site. McDaniels has no experience as a head coach and so far has only moved the face of franchise out of town, yet Denver fans are not broken? McDaniels did a great job of grooming Matt Castle but Orton is no Castle and he doesn't have several years to sit under Brady either. I wish I could be as optimistic as the others, but I think we are in a real nasty situation. McDaniels seems to think he can make a QB out of anyone. The reality is that Castle was a one time thing not to mention that McD won't have the same ability to focus so much on the QB as he now has the responsibility of running the entire team.

I am broken, I don't know if I can stand another year of the Chargers taking the AFC West. I am holding the fort down alone out year. And I'll tell you what, Charger Fans were fearing Cutler and the Broncos but now the are loving McDaniels.

What do we do now, sit around and wait to see if McD is half the coach he thinks he is, and wait for a new franchise QB??? I wish this was an April Fools joke.
            The thing that really depresses me is that it takes 3 years to groom an new QB. That means that if the Broncos somehow find a franchise QB rigt now, then they will be ready to compete for the division title in 2011.

All that McDaniels had to do was come into town draft a few good defensive players, make a couple of FA moves that worked out so that the defense was at least MEDIOCRE!

That's all. Not great, not Steelers/Ravens defense, just average!

With an average defense and Denver's offense from last year, and without 8 Rbs on IR this team would have won the division and had a home playoff game!

They weren't that far off.

Now, they're a million miles away from even being competitive.

I HATE Josh McDaniels. Flat hate. Nothing subtle about it. I just despise him and can't wait to see him fired.

I've never rooted for a Broncos loss, and I've been a fan since 1977.

But, I'm rooting for the team to lose 15 games this season so that two things happen:

1. They run McDaniels out of town.
            2. The Broncos will get the #1 overall draft pick next year and can pick up a great franchise QB for the new head-coach.

To have that kind of attitude is appalling! Now I know exactly how Lions fans feel! They wanted their team to lose so that FINALLY Matt Millen would be shipped out and the team would at least have a CHANCE to be good with a new head coach and GM.

Same thing here.

I say, call a mulligan on the McDaniels era and start over with someone who won't totally screw everything up.

McDaniels right now sits there like a duck that's been stunned by hitting it on the head and every single move makes things worse than they already were!

Kyle Orton as the starting QB? OMG! :hammer:
            sigpic

Comment

• Football players aren't dumb. They will be watching McD.
              I for one think he is a liar and cannot be trusted.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverSpark View Post
                Orton played for a bad O-Line and mediocre receivers. I'd like to see what he can do with ours first. And we have more pressing needs than a QB in this year's 1st round I think.
                Forgive me if this has been posted, but I didn't read to the end before firing back...

We HAD more pressing needs in the first round, until today. Now the talk is that "we" need to package the 12 and 18 to move up to get Sanchez.

Way to fix the D in the first round. Maybe they'll do that in 2010.

Bottom line, Orton is no reason not to take a QB with your top pick and that did not need to be a priority. Raji and his weed could have been waiting at 12, but instead the team is going to be praying the next franchise QB is still there.

I'm not one to run for sharp objects in such a hurry...I'll wait until draft day.

Comment

yup- very well said
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by SunDevil_Jake View Post
                    I'm telling you, this will all get MUCH WORSE before it gets better.

Players, and I'm referring to the few good ones we have left, won't want to play for an arrogant, immature kid they don't respect.

I see hold-outs, more demands to be traded and general discontent coming.
                    But we already got rid of Cutler! You did hear that, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cugel View Post
                      The thing that really depresses me is that it takes 3 years to groom an new QB.
                      Yup.

Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco were AWFUL in their rookie years. In 2 more years they'll be good.

Very happy to have Tebow in orange and blue!!!

Team Tebow #16

Comment

Yup.

Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco were AWFUL in their rookie years. In 2 more years they'll be good.

Comment

• who cares who's mad. football is a job, guys lose there job or get transferred (traded) all the time. They're big boys....they'll get over it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pats_fan View Post
                            You guys are getting love in Boston media for the trade.

They compared that New England only got a second rounder for Cassel and still had to throw in Vrabel.

You guys basically could end up getting 3-4 starters just in the first 3 rounds this year.

They thought Cutler is a cry baby but all we know is the Patriot way and you guys could see another side.
                            NEWSFLASH: IF every player McDaniels drafts over the next two season turns out to be as good as the 1974 Steelers draft (Joe Green, John Stallworth, etc., etc.) It will STILL be 2011 before this team is ready to compete.

Oh, except for the starting QB part!
                            sigpic

Comment

Yup.

But...but.. but Ryan had a running game and Flacco had the defense. They had absolutely NOTHING to do with their teams outcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanEllis View Post
                                McDaniels should care what the players think. He should care about what he has done in Dove Valley. If he doesn't he shouldn't be the head coach.
                                Of course he should care but that's really not the point or the objective.

McD must be able to run the team as he sees fit. It can not be about leadership by committee. Especially a committee of players.

I'd be happy McD understands that if I were a Broncos fan. He's no Wade Phillips and in the end I'm guessing that should bode well for the Broncos in the upcoming years.

With regard to the trade, the onus has now fallen squarely on McD and I'm sure he's keenly aware of this. This trade will boil down to what the Broncos get out of these 4 1st round picks that they now have in hand over the next 2 drafts.

I think the Broncos got the far better end of the deal but only time will tell.

If the Broncos don't start winning soon, meaning next season not this season, then the pressure will start to build and McD's 3rd season will probably be a bit of a litmus test.

Bottom line it's gonna take time to properly evaluate the impact of this deal.

I'm asking myself if the same scenario played out with Rivers, and SD got 2 1st round picks and a 3rd out of the deal, would I cry?

Of course it's unlikely this exact scenario could play out with SD and Rivers but if push came to shove and SD had to deal him?

I'd be pissed for a minute but I would get over it and I would definitely be excited with the prospect of 4 1st round picks and 3 3rd round picks over the next 2 drafts.

That's big time wheel and deal country. It's definitely on McD and the org now.

Comment

Working...
                                X