Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    But...but.. but Ryan had a running game and Flacco had the defense. They had absolutely NOTHING to do with their teams outcome.
    Absolutely nothing? Flacco was a smart game manager. Ryan was a big surprise, he had great games.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • Originally posted by DenverSpark View Post
      Yup.

      Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco were AWFUL in their rookie years. In 2 more years they'll be good.

      who was that other loser rookie QB????

      Roth.... Rothlis...... Roethlisberger, yeah that's it.....

      How bad was he again, lessee, ummmm 15-0 first season.....Super Bowl win 2nd season, just sucks!
      Where is this season going?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by cadet04wrs View Post
        Football players aren't dumb.
        This is the post of the night. And not for good reasons.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
          We might have sort of a question mark at the qb position but with all the draft picks that we received we could put ourselves in position to put together a real good team in the next 2 years
          Ive been saying this for weeks (as a chargers fan) the broncos could be a better team potentially in the long run.

          especially now considering what you got in return for cutler, the downside is your going to have at least one or two rough years ahead of you.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Looking at Ortons stats

            Well here is something, look at Ortons stats and compare them to Jay's not bad. In fact he has won more games than he has lost, all with a bad o-line. Perhaps we wont be so bad.
            Sure I wanted Jay to stay but the way he has turned out, it is the best for him and the Broncos. Now that it is over let's focus on preps for the upcoming season.
            I believe in McD and still and always believe in the Broncos. A true fan. I cannot turn on the organization I have been behind through good and bad times. I will not turn on it either especially for a 3 years running QB. Think about it has the Broncos ever been known to be shady and deceitful? No! But Jay's media feeding manipulating agent sure has turned everyone including supposed Bronco fans into believing just that. Shame on you.
            Does this mean things were done properly on each side no. But who cares anymore. Let's support our team and let them actually play a game before we make any judgements.
            Think about this too. Everyone was shocked about the firing of Shannahan and po'd about the Cutler debacle.
            This claim of him making the Bears instant contenders is just plain crazy if you think about it. The Bears do not have a great or even good o-line. Defense is pretty good however. Now think of it like this instant contenders huh?
            Broncos had a great o-line defense (nevermind on that) and Jay did not make the playoffs and we actually went 7-9 (blown call remember?)
            He had help with a team here that gave him the chance to succeed.
            Defense shorted us mostly but Jay made mistakes too as well.
            The Bears bad o-line no help really. Tell me that one again about the contender thing?
            Jay will have a good career no doubt providing he keeps his head on straight. But the Broncos will and very definately prevail. We will get back to respectability and in the top ranks. McD is going to show us what he is made of and this team is going to be a TEAM not a T.O like egotistical individual who seems to have forgotten the idea of TEAM. Best wishes to Jay but better wishes and belief in our TEAM The Broncos. Fans where are you?
            Broncos ALL THE WAY!!
            Always in support of my team. No matter what!:go:

            Comment


            • Originally posted by #1broncofan4evr View Post
              Well here is something, look at Ortons stats and compare them to Jay's not bad. In fact he has won more games than he has lost, all with a bad o-line. Perhaps we wont be so bad.
              Sure I wanted Jay to stay but the way he has turned out, it is the best for him and the Broncos. Now that it is over let's focus on preps for the upcoming season.
              I believe in McD and still and always believe in the Broncos. A true fan. I cannot turn on the organization I have been behind through good and bad times. I will not turn on it either especially for a 3 years running QB. Think about it has the Broncos ever been known to be shady and deceitful? No! But Jay's media feeding manipulating agent sure has turned everyone including supposed Bronco fans into believing just that. Shame on you.
              Does this mean things were done properly on each side no. But who cares anymore. Let's support our team and let them actually play a game before we make any judgements.
              Think about this too. Everyone was shocked about the firing of Shannahan and po'd about the Cutler debacle.
              This claim of him making the Bears instant contenders is just plain crazy if you think about it. The Bears do not have a great or even good o-line. Defense is pretty good however. Now think of it like this instant contenders huh?
              Broncos had a great o-line defense (nevermind on that) and Jay did not make the playoffs and we actually went 7-9 (blown call remember?)
              He had help with a team here that gave him the chance to succeed.
              Defense shorted us mostly but Jay made mistakes too as well.
              The Bears bad o-line no help really. Tell me that one again about the contender thing?
              Jay will have a good career no doubt providing he keeps his head on straight. But the Broncos will and very definately prevail. We will get back to respectability and in the top ranks. McD is going to show us what he is made of and this team is going to be a TEAM not a T.O like egotistical individual who seems to have forgotten the idea of TEAM. Best wishes to Jay but better wishes and belief in our TEAM The Broncos. Fans where are you?
              Broncos ALL THE WAY!!
              Excellent post.
              Very happy to have Tebow in orange and blue!!!

              Team Tebow #16

              Comment


              • Originally posted by MICKIE View Post
                Southstander, I love your optimism especially with the run first approach. I have one question though; with the deep routes who in the hell is going to throw it to them?
                I don't understand all of this deep route stuff about Jay, he was 13th in the league for 40+ and had more pass attempts than anyone else who beat him including at least one rookie.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by #28 View Post
                  THE TRADING OF CUTLER is the entire issue. Its nothing like when Shanahan took over in Denver; he kept the bedrock players. McDaniels is casting them off.
                  Which bedrock players has he cast off? A petulant quarterback, a corner who's best performance was in the locker room after the game?

                  Comment


                  • FYI Tony Seffler said he was mad, and FYI Players aren't the only people pissed.
                    sigpic
                    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                      Ive been saying this for weeks (as a chargers fan) the broncos could be a better team potentially in the long run.

                      especially now considering what you got in return for cutler, the downside is your going to have at least one or two rough years ahead of you.
                      so i ask this question how will it help a coach who wont even be here to coach the fruits of his labor?

                      I mean the Broncos could end up like you guys.

                      All talent but cant seem to get over the hump for some reason.

                      To the Chargers its the coaching

                      To the Broncos it could be the Quarterback AGAIN.

                      so honestly tell me how this trade works out in the long run for us Bronco fans? I kinda want to see them win a SB before I get married and have kids...

                      Right now I dont see it, mainly because we got 2 chuckle heads that have never drafted a player in their lives... So i dont put much stock in our ability to draft well this year or next year.

                      Hopefully the nightmare will end in the Josh McDaniles era will be short lived and we'll actually get a actual coach who doesnt think he's Bill Belecheck jr. as well as a new QB who may even be half the QB we had or even 3/4ths...

                      Dark day in bronco land... we were ready for a run but we wont be for another 4-8 years.
                      McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

                      Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JayButNotCutler View Post
                        FYI Tony Seffler said he was mad, and FYI Players aren't the only people pissed.
                        Mad that Cutler demanded a trade, and the team gave it to him. Yeah, I'm mad Cutler acted that way, too! :go:
                        Where is this season going?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by trevairdasnair View Post
                          Finally a few people who agree...

                          I have been a Denver fan for 25 years and I have never been as bummed as I am right now. I can not understand how a team, in a 6 month time period can throw so much away. Do we really believe that we are better off by moving the best Coach and one of the best QB's in the NFL out of town. We were having a great season last year up until the point when we were pulling guys out of cell phone booths to come play running back, we needed to make some small adjustments, get our backs healthy, shore up the defense and get some defensive leadership and we would have been making a SB run.

                          These are the biggest mistakes made in franchise history, there is no more important position to fill in any sport then a QB in the NFL and we just sent one of the best young QB's packing.

                          I must confess I am rather impressed and annoyed with the eternal optimism and confidence of so many Broncos fans here on this site. McDaniels has no experience as a head coach and so far has only moved the face of franchise out of town, yet Denver fans are not broken? McDaniels did a great job of grooming Matt Castle but Orton is no Castle and he doesn't have several years to sit under Brady either. I wish I could be as optimistic as the others, but I think we are in a real nasty situation. McDaniels seems to think he can make a QB out of anyone. The reality is that Castle was a one time thing not to mention that McD won't have the same ability to focus so much on the QB as he now has the responsibility of running the entire team.

                          I am broken, I don't know if I can stand another year of the Chargers taking the AFC West. I am holding the fort down alone out year. And I'll tell you what, Charger Fans were fearing Cutler and the Broncos but now the are loving McDaniels.

                          What do we do now, sit around and wait to see if McD is half the coach he thinks he is, and wait for a new franchise QB??? I wish this was an April Fools joke.
                          That's not entirely true.

                          Here's a list of SB winning QB's who were not "franchise" QB's:

                          Plunkett
                          Theisman
                          Williams
                          Rypien
                          Simms
                          Hostetler *
                          Dilfer
                          Johnson

                          Don't get me wrong. I don't mean to diminish the importance of a quality QB. Heheh, they always help. Given we're about to head towards SB 44 and my list is relatively short, that would suggest quality QB's do matter.

                          My point is, there is no evidence to date that suggests that Cutler is in fact a quality QB and that the Broncos have made the wrong decision. The only thing that's clear is that the Broncos are now playing with a loaded deck of cards.

                          Think about it.

                          As long as SD remains relatively healthy this season, the Broncos would not win the division with Cutler.

                          Comment


                          • Am I the only Broncos fan...

                            ...that never was that impressed with Cutler? What is it about a strong arm that instantly overrates a guy? Did any of you watch the games for crying out loud? Was I the only one disgusted with how often he forced throws to Marshall and how often he over- and under-threw his guys? Then when his receivers dropped a pass he was all up in their face. What a leader.

                            The kid has potential, but many Broncos fans act like he has already achieved Elway status. Wake up!!! I'll take a chance with an average QB in a new & exciting system than a hot-headed QB in a stagnant system with a washed up coach that continually produces mediocre results.

                            Comment


                            • You are absolutely not alone.

                              Comment


                              • hehe I'm sure you guys will enjoy failure for the next few years with bums to average qbs.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X