Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by kdawggydawg View Post
    ...that never was that impressed with Cutler? What is it about a strong arm that instantly overrates a guy? Did any of you watch the games for crying out loud? Was I the only one disgusted with how often he forced throws to Marshall and how often he over- and under-threw his guys? Then when his receivers dropped a pass he was all up in their face. What a leader.

    The kid has potential, but many Broncos fans act like he has already achieved Elway status. Wake up!!! I'll take a chance with an average QB in a new & exciting system than a hot-headed QB in a stagnant system with a washed up coach that continually produces mediocre results.
    I remember when he had that nasty 3-4 game streak where he locked onto Marshall and only Marshall.

    It drove me nuts. I also remember that Miami game. Ewww.
    Very happy to have Tebow in orange and blue!!!

    Team Tebow #16

    Comment


    • Originally posted by kdawggydawg View Post
      ...that never was that impressed with Cutler? What is it about a strong arm that instantly overrates a guy? Did any of you watch the games for crying out loud? Was I the only one disgusted with how often he forced throws to Marshall and how often he over- and under-threw his guys? Then when his receivers dropped a pass he was all up in their face. What a leader.

      The kid has potential, but many Broncos fans act like he has already achieved Elway status. Wake up!!! I'll take a chance with an average QB in a new & exciting system than a hot-headed QB in a stagnant system with a washed up coach that continually produces mediocre results.
      If Cutler couldn't meet your standards, I'm sure that Orton and Simms will blow your socks off.

      Comment


      • I was always stoked about having Cutler, on the field. Yes, he made some passes that were a risky and flat out dum but he made some miracle plays. He moves well and he definitely did well considering a poor D. He did make it to the Pro Bowl and, I think, deserved to be there considering how many yards he threw. Ultimately, though, I never liked his attitude off the field. I just heard an interview with Shannon Sharpe and he said the same thing. There was something about the way he carried himself and seemed to pout when we lost, instead of keeping his guys motivated. Maybe it's just me, but I would rather have a QB that is on good terms with our coach and has potential and most of all will play for his team no matter what.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Stiffy View Post
          If Cutler couldn't meet your standards, I'm sure that Orton and Simms will blow your socks off.
          My standards? What are your standards for QB? To be able to throw an inaccurate deep ball? To turn the ball over consistently in the red zone? To mope around the field like a bored frat boy?

          Winning is my standard, and I don't care who QB's my Broncos if they win.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by megirb444 View Post
            I was always stoked about having Cutler, on the field. Yes, he made some passes that were a risky and flat out dum but he made some miracle plays. He moves well and he definitely did well considering a poor D. He did make it to the Pro Bowl and, I think, deserved to be there considering how many yards he threw. Ultimately, though, I never liked his attitude off the field. I just heard an interview with Shannon Sharpe and he said the same thing. There was something about the way he carried himself and seemed to pout when we lost, instead of keeping his guys motivated. Maybe it's just me, but I would rather have a QB that is on good terms with our coach and has potential and most of all will play for his team no matter what.
            Great comments, and I agree. It was always exciting to watch Jay...which is exactly my point: he consistently disappointed.

            By the way, we'll see how well he likes taking shots from the blind side without a certain STUD LT.

            Comment


            • You're not the only, plenty of other people couldn't see talent when it landed on their lap.....
              sigpic
              2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

              Comment


              • Originally posted by BoltsFan27 View Post
                That's not entirely true.

                Here's a list of SB winning QB's who were not "franchise" QB's:

                Plunkett
                Theisman
                Williams
                Rypien
                Simms
                Hostetler *
                Dilfer
                Johnson

                Don't get me wrong. I don't mean to diminish the importance of a quality QB. Heheh, they always help. Given we're about to head towards SB 44 and my list is relatively short, that would suggest quality QB's do matter.

                My point is, there is no evidence to date that suggests that Cutler is in fact a quality QB and that the Broncos have made the wrong decision. The only thing that's clear is that the Broncos are now playing with a loaded deck of cards.

                Think about it.

                As long as SD remains relatively healthy this season, the Broncos would not win the division with Cutler.
                You are assuming we are still going to have a Shanahan defense. I'm looking forward to a much improved D. That is the huge thing that separates the Chargers and the Broncos. The broncos simply could not stop the chargers from scoring under Shanny. If we can field a somewhat capable defense we can compete with you guys for the division title, IMO. Obviously we'd still be an underdog, but hey you never know, there's still a lot of talent on this offense, Cutler or no Cutler.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by kdawggydawg View Post
                  Great comments, and I agree. It was always exciting to watch Jay...which is exactly my point: he consistently disappointed.

                  By the way, we'll see how well he likes taking shots from the blind side without a certain STUD LT.
                  I know right?! I think Jay got what he asked for and time will only tell what happens and who got the better deal...I"m happy in the long run though.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • It amazes me how spoiled and unappreciative people can be...
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by trevairdasnair View Post
                      Finally a few people who agree...

                      I have been a Denver fan for 25 years and I have never been as bummed as I am right now. I can not understand how a team, in a 6 month time period can throw so much away. Do we really believe that we are better off by moving the best Coach and one of the best QB's in the NFL out of town. We were having a great season last year up until the point when we were pulling guys out of cell phone booths to come play running back, we needed to make some small adjustments, get our backs healthy, shore up the defense and get some defensive leadership and we would have been making a SB run.

                      These are the biggest mistakes made in franchise history, there is no more important position to fill in any sport then a QB in the NFL and we just sent one of the best young QB's packing.

                      I must confess I am rather impressed and annoyed with the eternal optimism and confidence of so many Broncos fans here on this site. McDaniels has no experience as a head coach and so far has only moved the face of franchise out of town, yet Denver fans are not broken? McDaniels did a great job of grooming Matt Castle but Orton is no Castle and he doesn't have several years to sit under Brady either. I wish I could be as optimistic as the others, but I think we are in a real nasty situation. McDaniels seems to think he can make a QB out of anyone. The reality is that Castle was a one time thing not to mention that McD won't have the same ability to focus so much on the QB as he now has the responsibility of running the entire team.

                      I am broken, I don't know if I can stand another year of the Chargers taking the AFC West. I am holding the fort down alone out year. And I'll tell you what, Charger Fans were fearing Cutler and the Broncos but now the are loving McDaniels.

                      What do we do now, sit around and wait to see if McD is half the coach he thinks he is, and wait for a new franchise QB??? I wish this was an April Fools joke.


                      I for one will miss Jay Cutler under center for Denver...he may have a gun, but like many other strong armed but undisciplined QBs who have littered the NFL's landscape, he cannot often control where his zip passes go. My beloved Bolts were 5-1 against the Broncos with Jay calling the snaps, and that “1” was the infamous “Ed Hochuli” game that everyone knows we had won. The undeniable fact is that Cutler has yet to achieve a winning season since high school, and eventually folks have to quit making excuses for his incompetence. Like with Eli Manning in New York, the high price tag surrendered to acquire this crybaby will make the Chicago faithful expect an instant return on their hefty investment, and if he fails to get it done, then the residents of the “Windy City” will surely hold him accountable with the quickness!

                      Both Chris Simms & Kyle Orton are solid, capable veterans who should do well with your current offensive weapons and either one would be a strong #2 option to whomever wins their expected QB competition. The rest of the AFC West may miss those constant red zone turnovers that Cutler could be counted on to give away.

                      As for your “experience” argument, exactly how much of that did our current President bring to the table?
                      “I’m your huckleberry!”

                      Comment


                      • I'm with you

                        yes, yes and yes....Shanny's time was up in Denver. Did not produce "AE" After Elway.

                        And Jay Cutler's body language, facial expressions and general lackadaisical appearance, particularly when the chips were down showed hints he was not cut of Leadership cloth.

                        I like the new, fresh approach. Good luck Cutler and Go broncs.:go:

                        Comment


                        • Props to Jason Campbell....a.ka. Note To Jay!..........

                          Ahh, anybody notice besides me how Jason Campbell has handled his trade rumors??
                          He has handled it like a MAN..................Jay.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by NYJets 4 Life View Post
                            It amazes me how spoiled and unappreciative people can be...
                            Very true, but he had every chance to patch things up and still be Denver's QB.

                            OH!!!! I think you were talking about me now that I see your Cutler banner. My bad. Hmmm....let me ponder your remark.........................................



                            Ok, I'm back. I thought back on the season and have grown an appreciation for the ill-advised passing, interceptions, poor decisions, forcing passes, throwing off the back foot, yelling at teammates, hiring Bus Cook, throwing that 60 yard bomb that happened to be 30 yards past his wide open receiver that my 11 year old niece could have completed, .................................

                            Comment


                            • he handled it like a guy who knows his spot isn't secure because his play didn't back it up at all. he handled it like a good loser. And everyone knows a good loser is only a loser.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by kdawggydawg View Post
                                Very true, but he had every chance to patch things up and still be Denver's QB.

                                OH!!!! I think you were talking about me now that I see your Cutler banner. My bad. Hmmm....let me ponder your remark.........................................



                                Ok, I'm back. I thought back on the season and have grown an appreciation for the ill-advised passing, interceptions, poor decisions, forcing passes, throwing off the back foot, yelling at teammates, hiring Bus Cook, throwing that 60 yard bomb that happened to be 30 yards past his wide open receiver that my 11 year old niece could have completed, .................................
                                You're right, he stinks... I guess I have an appreciation for good QBs after having to sit through the likes of sh1t Qbs Brooks Bollinger, Kilff Kingsbury, Chad Pennington, Vinny Testaverde the sequel...

                                But yes you're right cutler has never done anything right and is awful.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X