Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Charger619 View Post
    So average or a little above

And I just thought of something, if he was 13-1 when his team allowed 21 points or less, that means he was 4-19 when his D gave up 22 points or more. That's kind of a joke
    the problem with the 4-19 is that a lot of those losses were because the broncos were giving up 30, 40 or even 50 points a game...nobody would have been any better

Comment

• Originally posted by trmcmichael View Post
      to being a small piece of trade fodder dangled by the Skins to get Cutler? This despite numerous public statements to the contrary by the organization. Jim Zorn, fresh off his rookie coach campaign and not possessing any more resume than coach McD, has been supportive of his young QB but that didn't stop him and Snyder from trying to make an upgrade they felt was in the best interest of the ballclub. Had it not been for the Broncos fondness of Orton over Campbell, that deal probably would have happened.

More interesting, however, was Jason's response to the trade. He simply responded that he intends to show up, work hard and prepare every day like he will be playing. Done, end of story. It could have been that way here as well, save the classy and team oriented manner of Jason Campbell vs that of the petulant child Jay Cutler.
      Jason Campbell and Jay Cutler don't compare. It'd be like comparing Rex Grossman to Peyton Manning.

Jason is just grateful and lucky that he's been the default guy in Washington. Cutler can walk into numerous organizations in the NFL and be named the starter, even if he skipped training camp and preseason.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
        Jason Campbell and Jay Cutler don't compare. It'd be like comparing Rex Grossman to Peyton Manning.

Jason is just grateful and lucky that he's been the default guy in Washington. Cutler can walk into numerous organizations in the NFL and be named the starter, even if he skipped training camp and preseason.
        [/thread]

sigpic

Comment

• There may be McD fans but I'm not sure why, he has done absolutely nothing for this team yet except cause problems with the one side of the ball that did not need fixing.
          I give him a year and if it is not a very good year he is gone.
          I could become a fan but McD is gonna have to earn it, something he did not even give Cutler the courtesy to earn. McD you got what you wanted. Win now or you are gone.
          sigpic
          John Elway on Tebow: "I think where we are as an organization, we're going to go with Tim."

Tebow 2011

Comment

• wow, amazing how ridiculous some of these comments are

bottom line is that none of us have ever been in that locker room. we can call cutler a crybaby, spoiled, etc., but by all accounts, his teammates loved him. wonder how guys like brandon, tony, and clady respond to this.

cutler didn't care when he was playing?! we're psychoanalysts now right? when we won, everyone on here was like, "wow, isn't it awesome that he's so calm and collected under pressure?" talk about fairweather. and the idea that he wasn't clutch is way overplayed b/c of course, mistakes are remembered - @ cleveland, @ atlanta, vs. chargers this year, he pretty much single handedly won those games in the clutch. did he screw us over in the buffalo game? maybe, but i'd still rather take my chances with him.

cutler never brought a winning season to denver...ok, go play a team sport. well champ didn't pick off 10 passes last year, lets trade him too. brandon didn't get 150 catches, lets trade him. in fact, ryan clady gave up half a sack last year - he hasn't brought us a winning season either, so lets trade him.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post

Why because he's won 17 games and lost 20? And choked at the end of the only chargers game we ever won when we should have actually lost because him.

He's a great talent and I loved him on the team, but he really has never proved anything.
              Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

Comment

• Originally posted by Legendary30 View Post
                I don't know why you are trying to draw the lines and call out "McDaniels fans". I am not a McDaniels fan, but I am a Broncos fan.

When the Broncos drafted Cutler at #11 every Broncos fan I know was like "Who the hell is Jay Cutler??" The Broncos have 4 first rounders over the next 2 years. Just wait and see what happens before you unleash the negativity.

We lost Jay Cutler. He wasn't a god. He wasn't leading us into the playoffs. I remember reading posters saying we should draft a Qb in 2010 if Jay has another losing season.

I am Banking on the Broncos having an all around solid team and not just one gunslinger whos performance decides if we win or lose.
                The kid in your sig is a picture of what Jay Cutler is gonna look like when he realizes he has to face Jared Allen and Kevin Williams twice a year with absolutely no O-Line!

Comment

• Originally posted by chargers_blow View Post
                  wow, amazing how ridiculous some of these comments are

bottom line is that none of us have ever been in that locker room. we can call cutler a crybaby, spoiled, etc., but by all accounts, his teammates loved him. wonder how guys like brandon, tony, and clady respond to this.

cutler didn't care when he was playing?! we're psychoanalysts now right? when we won, everyone on here was like, "wow, isn't it awesome that he's so calm and collected under pressure?" talk about fairweather. and the idea that he wasn't clutch is way overplayed b/c of course, mistakes are remembered - @ cleveland, @ atlanta, vs. chargers this year, he pretty much single handedly won those games in the clutch. did he screw us over in the buffalo game? maybe, but i'd still rather take my chances with him.

cutler never brought a winning season to denver...ok, go play a team sport. well champ didn't pick off 10 passes last year, lets trade him too. brandon didn't get 150 catches, lets trade him. in fact, ryan clady gave up half a sack last year - he hasn't brought us a winning season either, so lets trade him.
                  Thank you ........
                  sigpic

Comment

• Thank god this is over with.

Ever since the trade took place, I've gone through a rollercoaster of emotions. On one side, I am glad this is over with and I am glad he is going to a team with a mediocre offense.
                    I am upset it came to this and I am embarrassed for our organization. This is part of the process though of going through a separation. Eventually, we will all move on and support our new coach and team. Expectations should not be high this year. Who should we thank for that? You could point the finger at anyone of the big three.
                    Its time to move on though. Some people I know have been very critical of our coach. Give him a chance and be patient.
                    2 first rd. draft picks is nothing to be ashamed of over the next two years. This is how the Eagles and Patriots have built their teams over the years.
                    I have Week 3 of the preseason circled on my calender when the Bears come to town. If Jay had his feelings hurt these past 2 months, whats his reaction going to be in August when he comes to Invesco but on the opposite sideline? Our wounds/scars will likely be reopened and this debate will continue on for years to come. Let by gones be by gones.

Comment

• Originally posted by chargers_blow View Post
                      wow, amazing how ridiculous some of these comments are

I'm curious, what you are using as by all accounts. I listened to the Dan Patrick Show just yesterday and the report was that the locker room had cliques, Jay's guys and then the rest of the team.

I don't know if this is correct or not, but that was the statement from a local reporter for the Broncos.
                      My 2011 adopted poster.........and and

Adopted by: and

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFan1088 View Post
                        Why because he's won 17 games and lost 20? And choked at the end of the only chargers game we ever won when we should have actually lost because him.

He's a great talent and I loved him on the team, but he really has never proved anything.
                        They don't compare because the problem in Denver was rooted in Cutler being lied to. Unless the Redskins lied to Campbell about their interest in trading him, the situations are not the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by trmcmichael View Post
                          to being a small piece of trade fodder dangled by the Skins to get Cutler? This despite numerous public statements to the contrary by the organization. Jim Zorn, fresh off his rookie coach campaign and not possessing any more resume than coach McD, has been supportive of his young QB but that didn't stop him and Snyder from trying to make an upgrade they felt was in the best interest of the ballclub. Had it not been for the Broncos fondness of Orton over Campbell, that deal probably would have happened.

More interesting, however, was Jason's response to the trade. He simply responded that he intends to show up, work hard and prepare every day like he will be playing. Done, end of story. It could have been that way here as well, save the classy and team oriented manner of Jason Campbell vs that of the petulant child Jay Cutler.
                          Jason Campbell is not a franchise QB nor is he a Pro Bowl QB, he expects the Redskins to try and upgrade his position every year.
                          "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJets 4 Life View Post
                            [/thread]

jets fan?

lol u gotta be po'd

http://mirknfl.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFan1088 View Post

It doesn't matter if he's 'proved' anything. He's easily a top-5 talent at his position.

Campbell is a stop-gap guy who has basically been the starter in Washington because they have no one else. The two are not comparable.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Cutler

I think people need to stand up for themselves, Cutler's right. Besides, why is it suddenly up to him to win everything. What about the rest of the team?

Doesn't look like McDaniels is going to cut it here. He seems sneaky.
                                Being honest would be nice. But he thinks he can come in and make everything perfect, have at it. Aint gonna happen.

I may be packing my Broncos gear up for awhile. It's getting embarrassing. Chris Simms can't play football for anything, he's horrid, and a jerk too. Don't expect an autograph by him either, he feels he's too good for that. I won't waste my time watching him bounce around the pocket and getting sacked every other play.

Comment

Working...
                                X