McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ??????

Cutler got dangled and teams where tripping over themselves to get him. A big bidding war happened and he landed 2 first round pics, a third round pick, AND that teams starting QB. Campell has been dangled and nobody seems to care.

You really want to compare the situations? LOL?

Also, as the poster above me pointed out, it isn't like the Redskins handled this near as bad as this team.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
      ??????

Cutler got dangled and teams where tripping over themselves to get him. A big bidding war happened and he landed 2 first round pics, a third round pick, AND that teams starting QB. Campell has been dangled and nobody seems to care.

Also, as the poster above me pointed out, it isn't like the Redskins handled this near as bad as this team.
      I honestly think there are lots of fans out there that simply underestimate Cutler's talents and abilities. I've heard so many people state Orton is an upgrade.

It's a joke, and proves that there are many fans out there that don't really understand the game.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolverine83 View Post
        So we got the 18th pick this year, a 3rd rounder this year, and a late-first next year, plus a backup QB.

And for that we lost the QB who won us 8 games in spite of his defense.

So, what is the endgame here for McDaniels, you tell me?

I don't expect he has more than 2 seasons to get us to a winning season.

Do you honestly expect whoever we may draft the next 2 seasons to have enough of an immediate impact to MORE THAN offset the loss of Cutler?

Are you/McDaniels banking on him being a "QB guru" that is going to turn Simms/Orton into something great in less than 2 years?

I think our defense is about 6-7 players away from being solid, as in TOP 10.

It's quite clear that Bronco fans are far smarter than John Elway, the Bronco players, or hell....anyone else that disagree's with these alcoholics.

GO PUNKO'S!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
          ??????

Acutally yes both were told by there coach you're the man, both coaches publicly said that they were the qb of the present and future, and both coaches dangled them for trades. It doesn't matter who was slobering over them or what was offered a trade is a trade, and equal perspective value to both sides.

The mcdaniels situation resulted in you hating him, and the zorn situation is business as usual.

Drop the blinding man crush for 15 seconds and open your eyes. They are IDENTICAL situations, that you choose to see as Different becuase one of them was......ohhh.....ahhhh......Jay "what if" Cutler

Comment

• "In an attempt at damage control, Redskins coach Jim Zorn got in touch with Campbell on Thursday. Redskins owner Daniel Snyder and General Manager Vinny Cerrato are expected to meet with Campbell soon to repair the relationship and may issue a statement of confidence in Campbell as soon as today.

From Campbell’s standpoint, though, he’s handling the situation as best as he can despite the public nature of the team being willing to part ways with him."
            -PFT

I really do not see how that makes any difference, regardless of whether he was told or not, they tried to trade him and only told him Thursday, AFTER they failed at getting Cutler. He is handling this much better than Cutler did because Cutler did not want to be a Bronco. You Cutler fans are crazy if you think he wanted to stay here, he does not like the Broncos and he never will, he got his wish and he is a bear, which was his favorite nfl team growing up. So everyone comes out of this ok and if we end up picking up 2 pro bowl caliber guys with the picks from chicago and kyle orton plays well now that he is surrounded by the talent we have at WR and on our offenensive line, well then you will know we got the better end of that deal.
            Last edited by BroncoFan1088; 04-03-2009, 08:53 AM.
            Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

Comment

• Originally posted by owninit View Post
              Acutally yes both were told by there coach you're the man, both coaches publicly said that they were the qb of the present and future, and both coaches dangled them for trades. It doesn't matter who was slobering over them or what was offered a trade is a trade, and equal perspective value to both sides.

The mcdaniels situation resulted in you hating him, and the zorn situation is business as usual.

Drop the blinding man crush for 15 seconds and open your eyes. They are IDENTICAL situations, that you choose to see as Different becuase one of them was......ohhh.....ahhhh......Jay "what if" Cutler
              The biggest difference is that Jay Cutler is a talented NFL Pro Bowl quarterback who had many teams bidding on him, while Campbell isn't.

The two don't compare. Campbell is simply grateful to have a job in the NFL. Cutler is an NFL star, whether fans here choose to accept that or not.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFan1088 View Post
                "In an attempt at damage control, Redskins coach Jim Zorn got in touch with Campbell on Thursday. Redskins owner Daniel Snyder and General Manager Vinny Cerrato are expected to meet with Campbell soon to repair the relationship and may issue a statement of confidence in Campbell as soon as today.

From Campbell’s standpoint, though, he’s handling the situation as best as he can despite the public nature of the team being willing to part ways with him."
                -PFT

I really do not see how that makes any difference, regardless of whether he was told or not, they tried to trade him and only told him Thursday, AFTER they failed at getting Cutler. He is handling this much better than Cutler did because Cutler did not want to be a Bronco. You Cutler fans are crazy if you think he wanted to stay here, he does not like the Broncos and he never will, he got his wish and he is a bear, which was his favorite nfl team growing up. So everyone comes out of this ok and if we end up picking up to pro bowl caliber guys with the picks from chicago and kyle orton plays well now that he is surrounded by the talent we have at WR and on our offenensive line, well then you will know we got the better end of that deal.
                Well, if this is true, then it seems to me that the Redskins top brass are doing a heck of a lot more to repair the relationship with a quarterback the Broncos deemed less talented that Kyle Orton, than the Broncos top brass did with Cutler.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                  I honestly think there are lots of fans out there that simply underestimate Cutler's talents and abilities. I've heard so many people state Orton is an upgrade.

It's a joke, and proves that there are many fans out there that don't really understand the game.
                  I for one don't doubt cutler tallent, and don't think that orton is "better". That being said, we aren't going to fall into the abyss of not moving the football and scoring, and may even cut down some of the idiodic interceptions in the red zone.

Orton = servicable
                  net gain of 2 picks to contribute to the team = better TEAM and product on the field.

As i have stated 100 times it is going to be great because all of these "DEBATES" will be settled come next season, and we will see if both cutler and Orton were products of tallent or enviroment.

Unitl then it will be the case of Chicken little vs the optimist, which will not be settled until SEPTEMBER

Comment

• I'm going to say this again . Yes Cutler has all the tools except the all important one and thats the one between the ears. sure the guy threw for 4500 yds but the team was 16th in scoring, he also had 25tds but threw it 616 times. Soall this states is that he can throw between the 20's but strugles in the red zone.

In this new sytem it is expected that the quarterback be the hardest worker on the team if he is not Mcd will not want him. By the way very few coaches today want gunslingers. what they want is smart qb's who can take care of the ball

Comment

Umm, if the team had told Cutler he was the man of the future, he would still be here. Did you not follow this at all? The line was "No player is untradable and that includes you, Jay Cutler". They didn't even say he was the QB until very late into the ordeal. They also did not come out about the trade talks until much after they had been busted out by Cutler.

What a joke.

What does Zorn have to do with this?

It does matter who was slobbering over them. It shows that you are completely wrong about Cutler and people that actually work in the NFL are the ones saying it. I know you are smarter than all the NFL GM's, that isn't even in question right now.

You know why it makes me mad? What teams have won SB's in the last 15 years without top notch QB's? The ones that had some of the best defenses to EVER hit the league. Funny how people seem to forget the importance of the QB position. Oh, and the fact that those teams did not stay competitive long. The teams with good QB's stay competitive far longer and win far more games. AND, on top of all of that, we aren't going to be close to a top defense in the near future.

Yeah, I see so many reasons to be thrilled with this trade.... Not.

Comment

I for one don't doubt cutler tallent, and don't think that orton is "better". That being said, we aren't going to fall into the abyss of not moving the football and scoring, and may even cut down some of the idiodic interceptions in the red zone.

Orton = servicable
                        net gain of 2 picks to contribute to the team = better TEAM and product on the field.

As i have stated 100 times it is going to be great because all of these "DEBATES" will be settled come next season, and we will see if both cutler and Orton were products of tallent or enviroment.

Unitl then it will be the case of Chicken little vs the optimist, which will not be settled until SEPTEMBER
                        If that's really how you feel then why even post here now?
                        sigpic

Comment

The biggest difference is that Jay Cutler is a talented NFL Pro Bowl quarterback who had many teams bidding on him, while Campbell isn't.

The two don't compare. Campbell is simply grateful to have a job in the NFL. Cutler is an NFL star, whether fans here choose to accept that or not.
                          That only matters to people in CUTLERS pocket.

What the trade and who all were going to be traded DOESN'T MATTER, why would it.

Campel could look at the stats and say "you need to trade me, AND 2 first round picks for him?????

The situation is that both cases unfolded the EXACT same way, yet McDaniels is evil, and Zorn is bussiness as ususal. Cutler was picked on, and is right to act the way he did, yet campbel need to shut his mouth and go back to work, because he sucks

homerisim at it's finest.

Comment

That only matters to people in CUTLERS pocket.

What the trade and who all were going to be traded DOESN'T MATTER, why would it.

Campel could look at the stats and say "you need to trade me, AND 2 first round picks for him?????

The situation is that both cases unfolded the EXACT same way, yet McDaniels is evil, and Zorn is bussiness as ususal. Cutler was picked on, and is right to act the way he did, yet campbel need to shut his mouth and go back to work, because he sucks

homerisim at it's finest.
                            Lol!

Says you, and with all due respect, your opinon has been flawed and weak from the get-go, so I don't take your assessment to heart.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, if this is true, then it seems to me that the Redskins top brass are doing a heck of a lot more to repair the relationship with a quarterback the Broncos deemed less talented that Kyle Orton, than the Broncos top brass did with Cutler.
                              Is that right? What did Campbell's agent have to say about it? Did he block access to the player and force the skins to speak through him?

Yes, the situation is different, but you're daffy if you think the Skins spoke to Campbell prior to making their attempt. Zorn either walked down the hallway to speak to his QB or picked up the phone and had him on the line after 3-4 rings....

Comment

• He has fans??????? Why?????

Originally posted by Wolverine83 View Post
                                So we got the 18th pick this year, a 3rd rounder this year, and a late-first next year, plus a backup QB.

And for that we lost the QB who won us 8 games in spite of his defense.

So, what is the endgame here for McDaniels, you tell me?

I don't expect he has more than 2 seasons to get us to a winning season.

Do you honestly expect whoever we may draft the next 2 seasons to have enough of an immediate impact to MORE THAN offset the loss of Cutler?

Are you/McDaniels banking on him being a "QB guru" that is going to turn Simms/Orton into something great in less than 2 years?

I think our defense is about 6-7 players away from being solid, as in TOP 10.
                                Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)

Comment

Working...
                                X