McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Good post Rock. Takes guts to make that kind of assessment when all hell is breaking loose. I see it most of it the way you do. It's time to build the right infrastructure . . .

. . . Bottom line is that big trades are discussed often in sports. The famous "blockbuster" type. The ones that make sports so interesting and exciting. Sometimes discussions are held just to set the table. In any case, it's the prerogative of management to do so . . .
    Agree, agree.

Think about it this way:

Imagine your are the Coach and GM, and a call comes in inquiring about your star QB. OK. DO YOU TAKE THE CALL OR DO YOU NOT TAKE THE CALL AND TELL THEM TO #*[email protected]# without even speaking to them?????

And then you phone up the OWNER OF THE TEAM and you tell him WHAT???? That you got a call from the Patriots and Tampa about Jay Cutler but you don't know what they wanted because YOU DIDN'T TALK TO THEM AND YOU EVEN HUNG UP ON THEM??

Why . . . you would have to be out of your dad blamed mind. What do you think the owner would say???? He would say, YOU #**[email protected]#!! IDIOT!! You don't even know what they were proposing? I want to know this stuff - if for nothing else, I want to be entertained. I'm the owner!! I'm in this business because its FUN!! CALLS LIKE THIS ARE FUN!!! I want to know EVERTHING!!

Don't let it happen again!! says the owner.

But that scenario didn't happen because McDaniels and Xanders aren't stupid. They take all the calls. Especially from McDaniels' former organization.
    Last edited by trenchwar08; 03-01-2009, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dbsoldier View Post
      You really think if Cutler gets traded BMarsh is gonna take less money to play somewhere else?? You are kidding yourself and you know it!!
      Yes, I think after watching a good friend get stabbed in the back here he'd take less money ( if he even would have to) to play somewhere else. As much as it's all about the numbers, its not really all about the numbers. Brandon is a good guy with a good heart, he's not JUST going to follow his wallet.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoInHeaven View Post
        I have read almost all of the posts on this site. This is without question the best post I have read yet. No more drama please. Rock - The Denver Post needs you.:go:

Wow the Denver post? I am Jobless and moving to Denver in 2 days hmmmm But ty for the wonderful comment!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolverine83 View Post
          It is all very petty - petty enough that most FANS wouldn't put every little "incident" in a list and claim they are examples of why he should grow up. Its not just petty, it is very subjective. Plenty of people see Jay as being himself in spite of being an NFL QB, and think that is actually refreshing. You always do this. Write some thread where you go waaaaaay in one direction and as everyone tears apart your argument you tone everything down and try to "rephrase" it all in a way that makes you still right.

"I don't care how talented he is if he is a primadonna, because the Broncos won't win anything with him anyway....as his record as a starting QB (17-20) is already starting to indicate." - You

So Shanny is gone so now Cutler is the one you will be doing this with? I genuinely think you are the worst poster on this board.
          Wow, this might have hurt my feelings if I thought you had half a brain in your head.

But I don't, so it didn't.

I also think you are about the biggest idiot on the board, so you see, it works both ways.

If it's not rah, rah Broncos, posters like you and Ravage cannot comprehend.

Comment

• Mcdaniels has played this beautifully.

He tries to unload cutler for cassel. The deal falls through and cutler wants out because he feels the HC stabbed him in the back. We could be seeing our franchise qb in detroit next year? Spin it anyway you want, this is a blunder of monumental proportions.

Comment

• I read that somewhere it was the Patriots who leaked the trade to mess with the Broncos.

Makes sense, why else would they not want a first round pick? The Patriots wanted to create controversy for Denver and Josh, who was a big loss to them.

I mean the Patriots did have Spygate, so who says they wouldn't steep this low? Now I really hate the Patriots more than I already did.

Comment

• Originally posted by dbsoldier View Post
                No No, Bottom line, Super Bowl.

Comment

• PFT is not reliable. It's as reliable as this message board is. They copy & paste info from other websites & blogs.

There is no more news until we actually hear from the people involved. Please, no more threads of the same old same old.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by #28 View Post
                    So mindfield, who spent months saying how Shanahan should be fired, who got all wet when this rook was brought in, who has never liked Jay Cutler anyway, chooses to see this situation as "Cutler is immature" instead of what it actually is: an inexperienced "coach" who allowed failed trade talks to go public and has alienated both the starting QB and the fans, not to mention make the Broncos the laughingstock of the NFL today.

nice work...
                    http://timtebowtime.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by RazR View Post
                      PFT is not reliable. It's as reliable as this message board is. They copy & paste info from other websites & blogs.

There is no more news until we actually hear from the people involved. Please, no more threads of the same old same old.
                      REALLY well said. We can guess all we want, but we need to realize that all it is is guesswork.
                      In Manning I trust.

Comment

• Agreed!! that's basically how I have felt and keep trying to say in those other posts but the message gets lost among the drama. It's funny how media makes people go ape sh*t over stuff they have no concrete evidence about. WE don't know what happened but my feeling is that other teams are trying to mess with McD and the staff and make them look like fools while they sign key-players for our D-fense. I am concerned about Jay saying he hasn't talked to them and feels betrayed but I think he''ll get over it, he's a passionate guy.
                        I think this is a sign of the passion this team needs to finally be in the elite sector of the NFL and be acknowledged as such.

Did we for sure sign Andra Davis????
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBalla2k5 View Post
                          HAHA wow, mcdaniels clearly stated he had no intentions of trading Cutler. This was cleary subject from other teams but people are jumpin ship? What happens when we come out guns blazin next yr with Cutler at helm, what you gon do? Jump back on the bandwagon?? hahahah
                          Problem is, If Cutler is not here, I see us comming out blazin alright. Going down in a big ball of fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBalla2k5 View Post
                            HAHA wow, mcdaniels clearly stated he had no intentions of trading Cutler. This was cleary subject from other teams but people are jumpin ship? What happens when we come out guns blazin next yr with Cutler at helm, what you gon do? Jump back on the bandwagon?? hahahah
                            Rumors are to blame, nobody knows what the hells going!!

Just sit back and watch this hurricane pass.

At least there are some people willing to give McDaniels the benefit of the doubt.

It seems like everyone here was just waiting for the slightest slip up before jumping at his throat.

Obviously this is more than a slight slip up but it's not anything that can't be fixed with time and communication.

The orange maned horse will rise from these ashes stronger that ever!

Comment

• Thanks Seattle

Good post Seattle. Thanks for the info. Another good post to read is by BroncosRockDaRockies - Hear Me Out. Check it out.
                              I WAS A BRONCO FAN BEFORE I WAS BORN

Comment

• Just because PFT is saying what you don't like, doesn't mean they aren't credible. THey usually hit the nail right on the head a majority of the time. Also, the reason they don't name sources is because the source probably works for the team and would be FIRED if they were found out. There is a reason that many people in the football world (players, coaches, and executives) follow PFT.
                                http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=30412676
                                MMO Football Game

I like McDaniels, he will be a good coach. Just not for this team. Belichick needed his Cleveland stint to become the coach he is now and McDaniels is showing the same signs.

Comment

Working...
                                X