Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rivers declined going to the pro bowl, it simply wasn't important

    let's all remember, even vince young made the pro bowl


    rivers has been voted in by fans/players once, his 1st year starting, and he was injured so he didn't go

    in 08 he was 1st alternate when favre bowed out, and he decided it just wasn't important.


    as much as i think jay's a dumbass, i thought he deserved his pro bowl slot, over favre

    favre was far worse this year than cutler IMO

    i would have been happy with peyton cutler and rivers being voted in and rivers declining, cause favre got there on name alone.



    so to sum it up, being snubbed is gay, but actually going, seems just gayer lately
    sigpic

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Bronco Timcat View Post
      No Cutler did deserve to be there. Just because of what happened lets not start crapping all over what a great season he had statistic wise. Brett Farve did not deserve to be there. He is the guy that the AFC got wrong. Its not the "most upstading did everything the right way saved babies from a burning building bowl". Its the Pro Bowl and it has been skewed for years.
      this ^ ...........
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by stargazer View Post
        You haven't been around this board much, have you.
        QFT.

        Seriously now, Bears fans - Good luck with that slightly damaged goods, but from what I've gathered, since this was a uniform "get out then" scenario with the FO, we got the better of the deal. If we turn these draft picks into success stories, this could go down as one of the most one-sided trades in NFL history.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Bronco Timcat View Post
          I've watched every game and never got that feeling. Its cool though we all see things differently. I thought he was progressing nicely for a 25 year old starting QB. Now Rivers on the other hand.....
          you think rivers isn't progressing nicely? lol wow......
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
            you think rivers isn't progressing nicely? lol wow......
            Rivers is everything that Broncos fans wish they had. Some will say not, but they'd be stupid not to accept him if the oppurtunity was there.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
              you think rivers isn't progressing nicely? lol wow......
              No actually thats not what I ment. I seem to remember the Pats beating SD in the playoffs and Rivers looking like a wuss bag on the sidelines. I really dont like Rivers but Im not going to say he sucks because he dosn't. I dont like his jarring at another teams QB from the sideline and I dont like his throwing motion at all but he is getting the job done at this point. That is if the job is losing in the playoffs.:go:

              Comment


              • rivers is technically the best qb in the game. he had the best qb rating. i mean thats why the stat exists right?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by njyz View Post
                  QFT.

                  Seriously now, Bears fans - Good luck with that slightly damaged goods, but from what I've gathered, since this was a uniform "get out then" scenario with the FO, we got the better of the deal. If we turn these draft picks into success stories, this could go down as one of the most one-sided trades in NFL history.
                  that is a big if

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                    rivers declined going to the pro bowl, it simply wasn't important

                    let's all remember, even vince young made the pro bowl


                    rivers has been voted in by fans/players once, his 1st year starting, and he was injured so he didn't go

                    in 08 he was 1st alternate when favre bowed out, and he decided it just wasn't important.


                    as much as i think jay's a dumbass, i thought he deserved his pro bowl slot, over favre


                    favre was far worse this year than cutler IMO

                    i would have been happy with peyton cutler and rivers being voted in and rivers declining, cause favre got there on name alone.



                    so to sum it up, being snubbed is gay, but actually going, seems just gayer lately
                    Wow I actually agree with a chargers fan. Great points lol.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by joeguy11 View Post
                      rivers is technically the best qb in the game. he had the best qb rating. i mean thats why the stat exists right?
                      Actually the best is ...who has the most rings (and played in those games) ...PERIOD!

                      Comment


                      • IMO Brandon looked like he was about to cry in the beginning of the interview. I think he only said what the Broncos wanted to hear. If he really said what was on his mind...he'd get a bus ticket out of town soon.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Hardbodyaz View Post
                          Actually the best is ...who has the most rings (and played in those games) ...PERIOD!
                          lol so big ben is the 2nd best qb in the league?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Bronco Timcat View Post
                            No Cutler did deserve to be there. Just because of what happened lets not start crapping all over what a great season he had statistic wise. Brett Farve did not deserve to be there. He is the guy that the AFC got wrong. Its not the "most upstading did everything the right way saved babies from a burning building bowl". Its the Pro Bowl and it has been skewed for years.
                            I agree with both your points…with the stats that Cutler put up, he deserved to go but not over guys like Rivers or Big Ben but Brett Favre went based solely on reputation, and the season he had in his final year in Green Bay.

                            Pro Bowl selections are decided way too early, they should not be announced until Week 17 at the earliest, or maybe even Wild Card Weekend!
                            “I’m your huckleberry!”

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by AznBroncoFan View Post
                              IMO Brandon looked like he was about to cry in the beginning of the interview. I think he only said what the Broncos wanted to hear. If he really said what was on his mind...he'd get a bus ticket out of town soon.
                              Well that a fine point. What else could he say? Everyone needs to move forward. May as well start with the players right?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by CHIBEARS Cutler View Post
                                that is a big if
                                That's where I (fearfully, haha) say both of our franchises are now. Waiting to see how a single trade impacts us.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X