Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by BroncsSB#3 View Post
    QB rating alone, like the ring argument, doesn't hold any weight.

    A guy can throw for 2500 yards 15 tds and have a better qb rating than a guy that throws for 4,500 yards and 30 tds.
    Hmmm so your saying the QB's with the most rings dont deserve to be considered the best??
    Like:
    Bradshaw 4 rings
    Joe Montana 4 rings
    Troy Aikman 3 rings
    Tom Brady 3 rings
    John Elway 5 appearances 2 rings
    Rodger Starbach 2 rings
    Bart Star 2 rings

    All belong in top 5



    To your defense:
    QBs without a ring:
    Warren Moon
    Dan Marino
    Jim Kelly
    Fran Tarkenton
    Dan Fouts
    Top 5??

    Comment


    • This is the order by QB rating. It is not at all close to the order of how good QB's where or how important they where to their teams. Certain systems are far more friendly for QB ratings and frankly, most QB's aren't asked to do what a few in the league are. I just hate when people try basing anything on this.

      1 Philip Rivers
      2 Chad Pennington
      3 Kurt Warner
      4 Drew Brees
      5 Peyton Manning
      6 Aaron Rodgers
      7 Matt Schaub
      8 Tony Romo
      9 Jeff Garcia
      10 Matt Cassel
      11 Matt Ryan
      12 Shaun Hill
      13 Seneca Wallace
      14 Eli Manning
      14 Donovan McNabb
      16 Jay Cutler
      17 Trent Edwards
      18 Jake Delhomme
      19 Jason Campbell
      20 David Garrard
      21 Brett Favre
      22 Joe Flacco
      23 Kerry Collins
      24 Ben Roethlisberger
      25 Kyle Orton
      26 JaMarcus Russell
      27 Tyler Thigpen
      28 Gus Frerotte
      29 Dan Orlovsky
      30 Marc Bulger
      31 Ryan Fitzpatrick
      32 Derek Anderson

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Tnapp View Post
        What has McD proven.........Nothing.
        Quick question, How many of the supposed geniuses under Bellicheat actually excelled at the next level??
        yep... Charlie Weiss........... epic fail
        Mangenius............ fail
        Romeo C............. fail

        It is amazing how coaches who "do not have" Brady, Vrable, Teddy, Moss, ect, ect....... seeem to "fail".......... system or roster? Oh and there is only 1 Bill B!

        Everyone keeps jabbering about the "system"... hmmmmmm....

        Time will tell....

        Comment


        • Originally posted by SoCal Dominance View Post
          I'll miss his red zone turnovers...they were quite appreciated!
          If i remember correctly, Jay is pretty damn good in the red zone.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by SoCal Dominance View Post
            Silly me…maybe I’m just impressed more by results than statistics
            I had given you the result on statistics why Big Ben shouldn't haven't been in the pro bowl over Cutler, But, since you're amazed by results maybe you should look at the defense of both Pitt and Denver? Don't ya think?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by stargazer View Post
              If i remember correctly, Jay is pretty damn good in the red zone.

              Actually mediocre, the Broncos were 16th in red zone offense, insult to injury Oakland was the only AFC West team worse than us and even Detroit was better. Ironically our sometimes maligned new QB was also better in the red zone.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by oldster View Post
                Actually mediocre, the Broncos were 16th in red zone offense, insult to injury Oakland was the only AFC West team worse than us and even Detroit was better. Ironically our sometimes maligned new QB was also better in the red zone.
                I will look it up again. I thought he did well in red zone from what I read.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jhns View Post
                  This is the order by QB rating. It is not at all close to the order of how good QB's where or how important they where to their teams. Certain systems are far more friendly for QB ratings and frankly, most QB's aren't asked to do what a few in the league are. I just hate when people try basing anything on this.

                  1 Philip Rivers
                  2 Chad Pennington
                  3 Kurt Warner
                  4 Drew Brees
                  5 Peyton Manning
                  6 Aaron Rodgers
                  7 Matt Schaub
                  8 Tony Romo
                  9 Jeff Garcia
                  10 Matt Cassel
                  11 Matt Ryan
                  12 Shaun Hill
                  13 Seneca Wallace
                  14 Eli Manning
                  14 Donovan McNabb
                  16 Jay Cutler
                  17 Trent Edwards
                  18 Jake Delhomme
                  19 Jason Campbell
                  20 David Garrard
                  21 Brett Favre
                  22 Joe Flacco
                  23 Kerry Collins
                  24 Ben Roethlisberger
                  25 Kyle Orton
                  26 JaMarcus Russell
                  27 Tyler Thigpen
                  28 Gus Frerotte
                  29 Dan Orlovsky
                  30 Marc Bulger
                  31 Ryan Fitzpatrick
                  32 Derek Anderson
                  you cant say it doesnt give a realistic perspective on a quarterback's efficiency.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jhns View Post

                    2 Chad Pennington
                    Got ripped apart by the Ravens defense in the playoffs. Noodle arm bombed, which I am not surprised. His crappy throws flat out stunk. He got exposed.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by SoCal Dominance View Post
                      I’d imagine that most of you didn’t have a problem when it was Jay Cutler talking the trash, insulting our defensive players even as the Bolts were winning decisively during that Christmas Eve game last season, or the disrespect that he voiced towards the Chargers while being interviewed after the Bolts humiliated the Broncos in that primetime Week 17 game this season, claiming that we weren’t that good and that Indy would beat us easily in our Wild Card game the following weekend….
                      Straight up I dont care what Cutler said or did. I was taking about Rivers. Not Cutler. Just because Cutler said all those things or whatever is some excuse for rivers stepping out on the field and screaming at another teams QB? Cmon I know its your QB but seriously there is no need of that garbage in this game.

                      Insult Cutler all you want but it dosn't change the fact Rivers is a punk.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by stargazer View Post
                        I will look it up again. I thought he did well in red zone from what I read.
                        http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...finalredzn.htm

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Hardbodyaz View Post
                          Wrong! Farve has proved over a career that he IS a Pro Bowl QB
                          LOL! i don't think you even know what the probowl is, it has nothing to do with careers, its only for that season.

                          i don't know what is worse, favre being voted in after that garbage of a season or Rivers getting snubbed after having arguably the best season out of all the QB's in the league (statistically).
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Good post.

                            I went from damn good to middle of the pack.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by stargazer View Post
                              If i remember correctly, Jay is pretty damn good in the red zone.
                              If I recall correctly, he committed red zone turnovers in consecutive late 4th Quarter drives against SD in Week 2, but thanks to Cro Magnon Ref only the interception was counted, not the fumble.

                              During that public beatdown in Week 17, the 1st of Cutler’s two interceptions occured in the red zone as well, the line of scrimmage was the SD 14 yard line, and the pass was picked of at the 5…there are plenty of other examples among his 20 turnovers committed this season….
                              “I’m your huckleberry!”

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by SoCal Dominance View Post
                                If I recall correctly, he committed red zone turnovers in consecutive late 4th Quarter drives against SD in Week 2, but thanks to Cro Magnon Ref only the interception was counted, not the fumble.

                                During that public beatdown in Week 17, the 1st of Cutler’s two interceptions occured in the red zone as well, the line of scrimmage was the SD 14 yard line, and the pass was picked of at the 5…there are plenty of other examples among his 20 turnovers committed this season….
                                Hmmm, we already established that a few post ago but thanks for bringing us up to speed.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X