Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoRo View Post
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,4901621.story

Was browsing through reading (putting off brunch for a moment) and found this:

McDaniels also said it wasn't true he didn't clue in Cutler to the trade talks that sparked the firestorm. He said he informed Cutler and Cook on Feb. 28 that he had received a phone call that morning asking if he would be willing to part with Cutler in a three-way deal.

"That morning, we told them that there were some people who had called about an issue with [Matt] Cassel, that we had talked to them, that we did not initiate the contact, that that's where it stood," McDaniels told the Associated Press.

Cutler declined to go into details about the matter.

"I'm not going to rehash and go down that whole road again," he said. "The bottom line is, I'm a Chicago Bear. And I'm happy to be here."
    It seems like Cutler doesn't want to talk about it while McD is still telling his side. I'm starting to side with Josh.
    sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

• Originally posted by AznBroncoFan View Post
      Did he even play in the playoffs? I recall it was rex.
      Not arguing with you about this, just saying whether he played or not(and he didn't) He's been in the playoffs and the superbowl. He knows the atmosphere of it all you know? I'd rather have cutler myself, but the team had to move on. like us fans have to. I think with all the weapons and protection denver has on offense, orton or simms will have it easy. Gives them a greater opportunity to prove themselves then they had in their previous stint/stints.

Comment

• Originally posted by I Hate SD Alot View Post
        It seems like Cutler doesn't want to talk about it while McD is still telling his side. I'm starting to side with Josh.
        That is not a good thing out of an organization and is likely something that helped fuel the fire this entire time. They should have been saying the same thing as Cutler. "I have no comment, the situation is past. No good will come from talking about it now. Both parties needed to do some things different."

If anything, Cutler has turned into the classy one since this ended.

Comment

• I disagree
          The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• My how the tides turned on Cutler. And to think I was initially upset with McDaniels for "not informing Cutler".

Oops.

Comment

Cutler doesn't want to talk about it because he knows he's the "chump" in all this.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
                That is not a good thing out of an organization and is likely something that helped fuel the fire this entire time. They should have been saying the same thing as Cutler. "I have no comment, the situation is past. No good will come from talking about it now. Both parties needed to do some things different."

If anything, Cutler has turned into the classy one since this ended.
                He did for the most part. But he did clear a few things up, like what was posted by the OP. And he also said that there was no way to meet with him one-on-one without Bus Cook during his press conference. The thing is over, yes. But as a mainly Cutler supporter throughout this, I think the Broncos were right.
                sigpic

Comment

it sucks but listening to Cutler talk in Chicago...

i got the same feelings when i heard Mark McGwire say "im not here to talk about the past..." and im a Cardinals fan in baseball..

having Culter say he doesnt wanna talk about what happened made me side a lil more with McD.. something didnt sit right with me and we probably never will find out the entire truth...

all i can say is look for the future and move on.. this story is going to be over shortly and the draft will take over the talks... :salute!:
                  sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

• The Bus Cook factor
                    - Steve McNair
                    - Brett Favre

now add:

- Jay Cutler

Comment

He did for the most part. But he did clear a few things up, like what was posted by the OP. And he also said that there was no way to meet with him one-on-one without Bus Cook during his press conference. The thing is over, yes. But as a mainly Cutler supporter throughout this, I think the Broncos were right.
                      What other organization do you know that puts out details of anything? There is no need for the organization to try validating anything it did. They run the show and are supposed to be grown up. There is no reason to go into any details about any of the situation. Cutler didn't. It is called tact. Cutler has lacked it forever and seemed to suddenly get some and our front office has completely lost it recently. It is what you get with two 30 somethings running the organization. I think our biggest problem right now is not getting an experienced GM to help run things with our young coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by DURANGO BRONCO View Post
                        Wow this surprised me. I really thought he would be the guy that would publicly side with JC. His comments and demeanor give me the impression that the players are buying McDaniels message.

His comment about wins being more important than stats was a huge jab at
                        JC.

Marshall is a bit overrated but still a pretty good WR. Just wish he could stay out of trouble, cause he won't help anyone when he is suspended.
                        Oh come on now, he was obviously quoting exactly what McD had scripted for him. Remember, he's trying to play for more than just half the year because of that recent arrest, so he'll say anything to stay employed at this point.
                        From what I saw in his reactions, he seems upset about it and would most likely give you a VERY different answer after a few beers on a night off.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
                          What other organization do you know that puts out details of anything? There is no need for the organization to try validating anything it did. They run the show and are supposed to be grown up. There is no reason to go into any details about any of the situation. Cutler didn't. It is called tact. Cutler has lacked it forever and seemed to suddenly get some and our front office has completely lost it recently. It is what you get with two 30 somethings running the organization. I think our biggest problem right now is not getting an experienced GM to help run things with our young coach.
                          If they didn't say anything, then anything Cutler would have said would have been "true" and the Broncos would be viewed as the worst franchise in the league. If they didn't say a thing, then Cutler could paint himself as the worstly treated player in NFL history. That would be a stupid move by Denver.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Thanks for the post....of course Cutler isn't saying anything because it is quite clear he has wanted out of Denver since Shanny and Bates left town. McDaniels didn't mention any of that while Jay was still a Bronco to keep the door open for possible "peace." This trade was requested and demanded by Jay and Cook, NOT McDaniels. Jay and Cook used this as an opportunity to leave without looking like he quit on the team, but that's exactly what he did. "This is a dream come true" were Jay's exact words at his press conference.
                            :usa:

"May God bless you and your family!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalen4President View Post
                              Thanks for the post....of course Cutler isn't saying anything because it is quite clear he has wanted out of Denver since Shanny and Bates left town. McDaniels didn't mention any of that while Jay was still a Bronco to keep the door open for possible "peace." This trade was requested and demanded by Jay and Cook, NOT McDaniels. Jay and Cook used this as an opportunity to leave without looking like he quit on the team, but that's exactly what he did. "This is a dream come true" were Jay's exact words at his press conference.
                              Don't twist his words. He said that because he grew up a Bears fan and always wanted to be their quarterback. In that respect it is a dream come true.
                              sigpic

Comment

If they didn't say anything, then anything Cutler would have said would have been "true" and the Broncos would be viewed as the worst franchise in the league. If they didn't say a thing, then Cutler could paint himself as the worstly treated player in NFL history. That would be a stupid move by Denver.
                                Umm, Cutler didn't say a thing about it. He obviously wants to put it in the past. This organization is the one trying to rally public support still.

Comment

Working...
                                X