No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Mcdaniels spends most of his press conference talking about how it was Jay's fault and Jay says he's ready to move on and he doesn't want to get into all this crap anymore and somehow that makes Mcdaniels look good in your eyes?

The Broncos are the ones that gave the final go ahead for Jay to be traded. They made the final decision to move on from Jay. Why would Mcdaniels then feel the need to put Jay down after the deal is done. If you're really moving on then move on.

I don't believe either one more than the other. I'm not going to just give Mcdaniels my unconditional trust just because he was named our head couch a few months ago. I'll give him trust once he has a few seasons to earn it.

The next step is the draft. We'll see how well the front office uses all the picks we have.
    2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

• you don't think his lack of protection in the probowl was an accident do you I think most of the nfl dislikes Cutler

Comment

• Originally posted by TheComeBackKid View Post
        Because it's ridiculous of him to leave Denver so callously. If what he said is true, and he plays for his "teammates and not the coaches," then he owed them at the very least, a goodbye. Everyday it becomes more and more obvious that everything that has ever been said about him is true.
        you think he's never going to talk to them again?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheComeBackKid View Post
          Because it's ridiculous of him to leave Denver so callously. If what he said is true, and he plays for his "teammates and not the coaches," then he owed them at the very least, a goodbye. Everyday it becomes more and more obvious that everything that has ever been said about him is true.
          We could interpret it as being callous. Or we could interpret it as a situation in which words don't really do much good anyway, and sometimes it's just better to move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearfan34 View Post
            Wow, so let me understand this properly. Whenever you change jobs, you talk with all of your work mates to get their opinions on whether or not you should leave, right? This is a business. It's his decision.
            Welcome to the boards Bearfan....but, that is not the issue here. It would be like you getting a new job in a different state and then just bail without even telling anyone goodbye. Any rational human being wouldn't just bounce out of town without a word to their friends. It reminds me of when my son and his friends start fighting with each other, one always blows out the door without a word and runs home.

Comment

• Originally posted by yaz96 View Post
              First of all, before you bash me, let me say I am not a Cutler hater. I wish he was still here. BUT, with that said, isn't it time, you see the reality of the situation?

Cutler was not honest. He lied. And has avoided speaking the truth.

The reason he isn't speaking now, is not because he's classy, it's because Bus told him to keep his mouth shut. He's a smart kid, he actually might have figured it out for himself, as well.

The Broncos organization was quiet during the whole fiasco, because it was appropriate, and they were still trying to work it out with Jay. No reason to air it out in public.

Now that Jay is gone, and it's over, they have the right and responsibility to explain to their angry fanbase what and why it happened. And I feel they have been very refrained, only answering direct questions, as Alastor eloquently pointed out. It wasn't the Broncos lack of trying to keep Jay that created this situation, it was the freezeout from Jay that turned this into what it was/is.

We now know that 1.)Bus and/or Jay were contacted the morning of the trade talks, 2.)that Jay asked for a trade after Bates was not rehired, 3.)that it was not possible for Josh and Jay to speak one-on-one without Bus in the room, and 4.)that after that talk there was absolutely no communication from Jay to any one in the Broncos organization.

Of course Jay doesn't want to speak about those things. It makes him look bad.

I don't hate Jay, but he's the one that created this mess, and he did get what he wanted. He has disrespected you, me, all fans, his teammates, and the organization to get what he wanted. And he succeeded.

That you can keep denying this, is really quite astounding.
              Actually it's all still hearsay just like it was during this whole thing. They didn't give any proof of that. They didn't play back the recorded phone call or show you the phone records. It's just hearsay.

Maybe Mcdaniels is telling the 100% truth. Maybe not. At this point we don't know either way.

Comment

• Wow. If Cutler is gonna be a jerk towards his ex-teammates, then I'm glad that the Broncos decided to dump him. We don't need an overrated QB who could also potentially become a clubhouse cancer on top of being an immature crybaby.

Good riddance. I hope Cutler turns the ball over frequently during the 2009 season.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncsSB#3 View Post
                  So Mcdaniels spends most of his press conference talking about how it was Jay's fault and Jay says he's ready to move on and he doesn't want to get into all this crap anymore and somehow that makes Mcdaniels look good in your eyes?

The Broncos are the ones that gave the final go ahead for Jay to be traded. They made the final decision to move on from Jay. Why would Mcdaniels then feel the need to put Jay down after the deal is done. If you're really moving on then move on.

I don't believe either one more than the other. I'm not going to just give Mcdaniels my unconditional trust just because he was named our head couch a few months ago. I'll give him trust once he has a few seasons to earn it.

The next step is the draft. We'll see how well the front office uses all the picks we have.
                  Another one in denial. We need a forum just for all you guys. We could call it the McCutler-Files. Would you guys like that?

FYI - You can spew/spin it how you like. McD answered questions and said there was no one at fault. Not once did he blame Jay.

Jay wants to move on, because he doesn't want to tell the truth. Would you?

It would be very easy for Jay to clear his name and all of this mess up.
                  Last edited by yaz96; 04-04-2009, 12:25 PM.
                  Where is this season going?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                    We could interpret it as being callous. Or we could interpret it as a situation in which words don't really do much good anyway, and sometimes it's just better to move on.
                    Sure, one could interpret his actions anyway one likes. But at some point, you have to take the collection of his actions, match them up to his words, and realistically come to a conclusion on exactly what type of person he is. I am sure a lot of people interpret Ryan Leaf's attitude differently as well. Point blank, a turd is a turd no matter how many different ways you polish it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperCaliBronco View Post
                      Wow. If Cutler is gonna be a jerk towards his ex-teammates, then I'm glad that the Broncos decided to dump him. We don't need an overrated QB who could also potentially become a clubhouse cancer on top of being an immature crybaby.

Good riddance. I hope Cutler turns the ball over frequently during the 2009 season.
                      the funny thing is that he's already talked to all his bears teammates or at least the offensive ones...the bears are going to be very good this year much to the dismay of many cutler haters

Comment

• Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                        This has nothing to do with the discussion about Cutler...

But Brandon Marshall... Wow. I just can't help but love this kid. He's got a good heart, he speaks clearly and honestly, he's clearly very sensitive but also aware... He's also made tremendous strides in terms of his professionalism recently and he's got a brain and is learning to use it more and more all the time.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that Rod Smith is in this kid's back pocket. It absolutely reeks of his mentorship, and speaks to Marshall's desire to be great on the field and off.

I cannot wait to see this kid in five years. Now this is someone we should pay attention to.

What a neat kid!

Thats what is so maddening about him, he really is one of the most likeable Broncos in terms of heart and sincerity in these interviews. But he is killing the team with his continuing off the field problems. He already cost himself millions with the latest incident. I dont know if he needs counseling or if he just needs to become a-sexual until his career is over, but this crap has to stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
                          the funny thing is that he's already talked to all his bears teammates or at least the offensive ones...
                          Funny like ironic? Spoke of his love of team and teammates here........

Comment

• Originally posted by yaz96 View Post
                            Another one in denial. We need a forum just for all you guys. We could call it the McCutler-Files. Would you guys like that?

FYI - You can spew/spin it how you like. McD answered questions and said there was no one at fault. Not once did he blame Jay.

Jay wants to move on, because he doesn't want to tell the truth. Would you?

Its PR spin, thats what this franchise is exactly doing. Now that Cutler is gone they have to deal with a huge chunk of the fanbase calling for Bowlen to sell, McD to be fired and Xanders to go bye bye.

Whats a better way to start things up pointing the blame to the said former QB. When the said former QB wants to move on and get over this whole ordeal. Its easy to keep on 'attacking' someone when that said person refuses to tell anymore then has already been told.

Its like a little kid going "I can explain, really I can, just listen to me ok" when he knows he did something wrong and ended up hurting the other kid who's walking out of the school's nurse's office with a black eye, being questioned by the Dean while he's writing up the detention slip.

Thats what McD and the Denver FO is doing. If you cant see that then your really are blind to the whole damn truth.

This reeks of a cover up PR scramble to turn everyone that for one or or two reasons hated this whole fiasco. Those who thought this team was classy and player friendly to only have that go up in smoke with the new HC who think he's BB jr, and those who thought Jay Cutler was the 2nd best thing close to Elway. I say that right now those who are on the fence are buying it and not really pay attention. this is NE cloak and dagger, I guess those who are the 'fan' of the Coach should get used to it because your favorite player may be next on the chopping block in the whole hopes of the 'betterment' of the team...
                            McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

• It's beginning more and more to appear as if Cutler just wanted to play for his boyhood team.

If so, could that be because he's still in his boyhood?

-----

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
                                Its PR spin, thats what this franchise is exactly doing. Now that Cutler is gone they have to deal with a huge chunk of the fanbase calling for Bowlen to sell, McD to be fired and Xanders to go bye bye.

Whats a better way to start things up pointing the blame to the said former QB. When the said former QB wants to move on and get over this whole ordeal. Its easy to keep on 'attacking' someone when that said person refuses to tell anymore then has already been told.

Its like a little kid going "I can explain, really I can, just listen to me ok" when he knows he did something wrong and ended up hurting the other kid who's walking out of the school's nurse's office with a black eye, being questioned by the Dean while he's writing up the detention slip.

Thats what McD and the Denver FO is doing. If you cant see that then your really are blind to the whole damn truth.

This reeks of a cover up PR scramble to turn everyone that for one or or two reasons hated this whole fiasco. Those who thought this team was classy and player friendly to only have that go up in smoke with the new HC who think he's BB jr, and those who thought Jay Cutler was the 2nd best thing close to Elway. I say that right now those who are on the fence are buying it and not really pay attention. this is NE cloak and dagger, I guess those who are the 'fan' of the Coach should get used to it because your favorite player may be next on the chopping block in the whole hopes of the 'betterment' of the team...
                                ...but they would never do that. They are kind and just. It's the evil player that lies and spins. The front office always tells the truth.

Comment

Working...
                                X