McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroncsSB#3 View Post
    ...but they would never do that. They are kind and just. It's the evil player that lies and spins. The front office always tells the truth.
    Like the line from the few good men

"I want the truth"

"the truth you cant handle the truth!!!"

just by them doing this makes Jay look a whole lot better because these kind of things should have been said BEFORE the trade. If they were said before Im sure popular opinion would sway back to Denver.

Right now this is spin, its to get those on the fence to side with the FO as well to sell the trade to the rest that believe that McDaniles and Xander are way over their heads.

Good Coaches manage ego's, Great Coaches adapt, Coaches that fail to do either are doomed to fail and so far McD is 0-2 he loses this season he's 0-3. In any job after firing your best seller after taking over the sales part of the firm that would gain you an automatic Firing.
    McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
      That is not a good thing out of an organization and is likely something that helped fuel the fire this entire time. They should have been saying the same thing as Cutler. "I have no comment, the situation is past. No good will come from talking about it now. Both parties needed to do some things different."

If anything, Cutler has turned into the classy one since this ended.
      No way. McDaniels and Bowlen were demoralized by the player, they need to explain what happened more than anything. The player has anything but class, he won't tell his side simply because it stinks.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
        No way. McDaniels and Bowlen were demoralized by the player, they need to explain what happened more than anything. The player has anything but class, he won't tell his side simply because it stinks.
        When Cutler spoke out before, he was the bad guy. Now that he's not speaking about it and wants to move on, he's the bad guy. We get it.
        2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

• Originally posted by Brody Epic View Post
          Thats what is so maddening about him, he really is one of the most likeable Broncos in terms of heart and sincerity in these interviews. But he is killing the team with his continuing off the field problems. He already cost himself millions with the latest incident. I dont know if he needs counseling or if he just needs to become a-sexual until his career is over, but this crap has to stop.
          Completely fair statement, Brody. I totally agree. He's on one hand, someone I love, and on the other someone I just want to scream at.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
            Its PR spin, thats what this franchise is exactly doing. Now that Cutler is gone they have to deal with a huge chunk of the fanbase calling for Bowlen to sell, McD to be fired and Xanders to go bye bye.

Whats a better way to start things up pointing the blame to the said former QB. When the said former QB wants to move on and get over this whole ordeal. Its easy to keep on 'attacking' someone when that said person refuses to tell anymore then has already been told.

Its like a little kid going "I can explain, really I can, just listen to me ok" when he knows he did something wrong and ended up hurting the other kid who's walking out of the school's nurse's office with a black eye, being questioned by the Dean while he's writing up the detention slip.

Thats what McD and the Denver FO is doing. If you cant see that then your really are blind to the whole damn truth.

This reeks of a cover up PR scramble to turn everyone that for one or or two reasons hated this whole fiasco. Those who thought this team was classy and player friendly to only have that go up in smoke with the new HC who think he's BB jr, and those who thought Jay Cutler was the 2nd best thing close to Elway. I say that right now those who are on the fence are buying it and not really pay attention. this is NE cloak and dagger, I guess those who are the 'fan' of the Coach should get used to it because your favorite player may be next on the chopping block in the whole hopes of the 'betterment' of the team...
            For you -

It would be very easy for Jay to clear his name and all of this mess up.
            Where is this season going?

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncsSB#3 View Post
              ...but they would never do that. They are kind and just. It's the evil player that lies and spins. The front office always tells the truth.
              And you -

Where is this season going?

Comment

• What's done is done.

The Broncos lost out on a 25 year old Pro Bowl/Franchise QB to the Bears (who has better years ahead of him since he's so young), while the Bears lose out on some draft picks that COULD turn out.

And why does McD come out with this NOW?

He should have came out with his side of the story MUCH earlier.

Comment

• Originally posted by topscribe View Post
                  It's beginning more and more to appear as if Cutler just wanted to play for his boyhood team.

If so, could that be because he's still in his boyhood?

-----
                  Probably a very accurate statement, Top.

But let's be reasonable here. Let's say I, for whatever reason, had been born with the talents to be a world class QB and knew I could play anywhere in the league. I went to college and had a great career. Then I went to the pros and got on a great team. Then my coach, my coordinator and my QB coach all got shipped out and a new system that was going to require a lot of work in ways I wasn't a fan of and have never done before was being installed.

Or, I could come home to Denver, who needs a quarterback.

Do you think I'd be on that plane?

You bet I would.

Comment

• Originally posted by yaz96 View Post
                    And you -

He doesn't need to clear his name up. The people that dislike him are either disgruntled Bronco fans or people that think of him as a crybaby anyway and didn't like him to begin with.

Who does he need to clear his name with?
                    2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

• I'm not saying Jay is the best but enough with the INT's he through 614 passes last year have 16 of those as interceptions is only 3 % of the time, if you think those numbers are bad then you much not know about foot ball.
                      sigpic
                      2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

• Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                        That's preposterous.

He didn't have to give the interview at all. He could have simply declined to comment. He's not being gagged.

Wow.
                        No but he did come across as very carful with his words. I mean your right he could have declined the interview and imo thats what he should be doing. Why take an interview that you know your going to get Cutler questions when you can't even keep yourself inline? Give me 16 games Brandon and 10 tds or more and you can take any interview you want.

Comment

• McDaniels can say anything he wants right now and anyone who wants to can believe him, but I personally believe that he has not accepted his share of the blame for this whole fiasco....they all acted poorly at one time or another and unfortunately things got out of hand and here we are.

Time to move on, what's done is done and how it will all turn out, remains to be seen. I hope that Jay does well in Chicago, as I have always been a fan, but I remain a loyal and loving Bronco fan, forever! And I think anyone with a big heart can wish the best for one of our loved but departed players, just as those of us whom love and miss Mike Shanahan wish him the best.

Enough negativity! Go Broncos!

Comment

• Here's what I don't get... whether you like Cutler or not it is what it is.
                            I feel sorry for Jay, the Bears O-Line is geared for run blocking not pass blocking. Jay had the luxury of being protected here in Denver.

Let's see what happens when the current Offensive cast has a new pass-happy system and what if...what if... Kyle has a great year because he is a pretty bright,likeable, team-oriented dude that moves the ball and our defense plays better.

New passion, new coaches, and a new attitude. I like what I'm seeing. Thanks Chicago for giving us the foundation to become even better for the future!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco Timcat View Post
                              No but he did come across as very carful with his words. I mean your right he could have declined the interview and imo thats what he should be doing. Why take an interview that you know your going to get Cutler questions when you can't even keep yourself inline? Give me 16 games Brandon and 10 tds or more and you can take any interview you want.
                              I think - and this goes back to my first post in the thread and my inkling that Rod Smith has been spending time with the kid - that he's learning how to be a professional. I caught a couple of moments of hesitation in his speech where it seemed to me he was searching for the "right way" to answer a question - not because he was trying to remember what to say, but trying to remember to speak as a professional should, rather than just shooting from the hip.

His vocabulary, demeanor, even his sentence structure has changed a lot recently. That's why I think he's being coached by someone to show his more professional side.

I do think his answers were thoughtful, not because he was trying to figure out "the right thing to say" but rather to try to find "the right way to say it."

I'd say again, it looks to me like he and Rod are spending time together, and kudos to both of them for doing so. It speaks to both of their characters, and can do nothing but good things for them down the road.

I was pleased with Marshall's interview, and I felt he answered honestly. I also felt he worked hard to be professional in that interview, and did so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                                I think - and this goes back to my first post in the thread and my inkling that Rod Smith has been spending time with the kid - that he's learning how to be a professional. I caught a couple of moments of hesitation in his speech where it seemed to me he was searching for the "right way" to answer a question - not because he was trying to remember what to say, but trying to remember to speak as a professional should, rather than just shooting from the hip.

His vocabulary, demeanor, even his sentence structure has changed a lot recently. That's why I think he's being coached by someone to show his more professional side.

I do think his answers were thoughtful, not because he was trying to figure out "the right thing to say" but rather to try to find "the right way to say it."

I'd say again, it looks to me like he and Rod are spending time together, and kudos to both of them for doing so. It speaks to both of their characters, and can do nothing but good things for them down the road.

I was pleased with Marshall's interview, and I felt he answered honestly. I also felt he worked hard to be professional in that interview, and did so.
                                Ok I'll go with you on this, I mean I want to see the kid succeed as well.

I only poke holes in his game because I think he can be SO much better than he is (and that there are still holes to poke at). If what you say is true (and after watching the interview again I can completly see where you are coming from) and this is his first steps into becoming accountable for himself and being a professional then I definetly give him props. If Rod is helping him along then thats about as much as one could ask for.

Its funny I got a compleatly different vibe the first time I watched it but now I do agree that maybe he is working on himself.

Maybe Rod could find him a nice gal to settle down with? I mean it took the rowdy out of me lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X