McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mbw4688 View Post
    dropping the EFF bomb on national tv to his WR? i can think about 15 ways to better handle it

EDIT: fixed quote
    Marino did this all the time. Just like Marino, Cutler this year has earned the right to call out his receivers. It's called leadership.

Comment

• If Cutler can't handle this, then I have no respect for the guy and he has no business being Quarterback of the team - or any team in the NFL for that matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadow7ax View Post
        You make it sound like he's Forest Gump or something. I'm pretty sure he'll be allright, just like the rest of the team.
        Forest Gump=Jay Cutler?? I can see it!

Comment

• Originally posted by StokleyFan4ever View Post
          I'm sorry but I think that Jay Cutler had the right to say what he has said about Rivers. Rivers has got to be one of the nastiest players I have ever seen. I have seen him mouth off to other players, his own players and to many fans. So the more bad things we can say about Rivers the better!
          Seriously, he needs to shut up about Rivers.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickensoup View Post
            Forest Gump=Jay Cutler?? I can see it!

You going back to san diego message boards? I can see it!

Comment

• All this talk about how well Jay Cutler can handle getting all new coaches and the media tells me you forgot he already handled a much worse problem and is being very mature about that. If you think getting a new coaching staff is not good at all, you need to think about what Cutler does several times each day. This change is nothing compared to pricing a finger with a needle all day long, giving yourself a shot every time you eat anything, counting carbohydrates in each serving, and changing both what and when you eat. Getting a new head coach, offensive coordinator, and quarterback coach is not changing lifestyles like the team doctor told him to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by nbaballer913 View Post
                Well, according to Bowlen and Shanny, Jay understands fully and will be okay.
                Why does this make it sound like Jay is the child in the middle of a divorce? "Mommy and Daddy talked to Jay to help him understand that it's not his fault and that Mommy and Daddy love each other very much, but Daddy has to get the heck out."
                But that's good. What I don't understand is why Bowlen couldn't tell Jay personally though.

Originally posted by paper tiger View Post
                about the first part of your comment...
                Yea the media blew it up, for sure...they even had a segment on NFL Network dedicated to all of Jay's quotes regarding Rivers and the Chargers. Jay simply answered the questions...as we know Jay doesn't shy away from head-on questions. The media loved it, and had a field day w/ it.
                Jay should know better by now, you'd think.

about the second part of your comment...
                I agree 100%.
                I love that Jay is so honest. He does need a dealing with the media class though.

Originally posted by chickensoup View Post
                Seriously, he needs to shut up about Rivers.
                Seriously, we ALL need to shut up about Rivers and Jay. Going with the whole divorce thing, Rivers would be the one to blame for the divorce between Bowlen and Shanahan. With Slowik in the middle.

Originally posted by DarrentCB27 View Post
                All this talk about how well Jay Cutler can handle getting all new coaches and the media tells me you forgot he already handled a much worse problem and is being very mature about that. If you think getting a new coaching staff is not good at all, you need to think about what Cutler does several times each day. This change is nothing compared to pricing a finger with a needle all day long, giving yourself a shot every time you eat anything, counting carbohydrates in each serving, and changing both what and when you eat. Getting a new head coach, offensive coordinator, and quarterback coach is not changing lifestyles like the team doctor told him to do.
                Great point!

Comment

• I think Jay will be fine.

Elway went through 3 head coaches.

Favre 5.

Marino 2.

Manning 2.

Aikman 4.

Montana 3.

Young 5, including his USFL stint.

I know Jay was close to Shanahan and was shocked and even upset by the move. But some of the greatest quarterbacks of all-time went through multiple head coaches. If Jay is resilient, he'll be just fine.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by pikman View Post
                    I don't think I'm being over dramatic and I do not think he is 12. Based on what we have observed as his behavior it will be interesting to see how he reacts to the situation. This should only help his development having to deal with an adverse situation, but it remains to be seen if he will handle it with the maturity expected of a grownup pro athlete.
                    Handle Adversity? One needs to learn more of the history of Vanderbilt football. He's handled more adversity than virtually any QB that has played in the NFL.
                    As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

Comment

• Originally posted by I_Only_Like_Jay View Post
                      Why does this make it sound like Jay is the child in the middle of a divorce? "Mommy and Daddy talked to Jay to help him understand that it's not his fault and that Mommy and Daddy love each other very much, but Daddy has to get the heck out."
                      But that's good. What I don't understand is why Bowlen couldn't tell Jay personally though.

I love that Jay is so honest. He does need a dealing with the media class though.

Seriously, we ALL need to shut up about Rivers and Jay. Going with the whole divorce thing, Rivers would be the one to blame for the divorce between Bowlen and Shanahan. With Slowik in the middle.

Great point!
                      Couldn't agree w/ you more!
                      Originally posted by armybroncofan
                      ...Remember one thing, the paper tiger is always right ...
                      Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. -Tyler Durden [Fight Club]

Comment

• Cutler not at Press Conference

I brought this up on another board and the local sports radio touched briefly on it here tonight. I want to know how Bronco Country feels about this:

I understand that Cutler left Denver immediately after the season ended for vacation.

We also know Bowlen referred to Jay Cutler as "the man around here now." We also know that Bowlen would listen to input from certain players but most definitely Cutler.

In the past, and with other teams in situations like this, the QB or team star(s) are present for an event like this. At the least, you get some sort of quote from the QB, a show of support of sorts!

So I ask all of you, is there something to be taken from the fact that Cutler was not there for the press conference and the silence since the naming of Josh McDaniels?

(edit: I think we had an indication)
                        Last edited by jhildebrand; 03-10-2009, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• ya hes on vaca . . thats it

why must we make something out of nothing here
                          sigpic
                          -------

Comment

• Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
                            I brought this up on another board and the local sports radio touched briefly on it here tonight. I want to know how Bronco Country feels about this:

I understand that Cutler left Denver immediately after the season ended for vacation.

We also know Bowlen referred to Jay Cutler as "the man around here now." We also know that Bowlen would listen to input from certain players but most definitely Cutler.

In the past, and with other teams in situations like this, the QB or team star(s) are present for an event like this.

So I ask all of you, is there something to be taken from the fact that Cutler was not there for the press conference and the silence since the naming of Josh McDaniels?
                            Unless there were other players who WERE at the press conference, then no I take nothing from it.

Look, Cutler is a professional NFL quarterback. I can rattle off numerous quarterbacks - many of them in the HoF - who went through several head coaching changes during their career. The most important thing to Cutler should be winning, and if he's having a tantrum because of this change and will adversely effect this team as a result, then adios. I think Jay has huge potential but he's not an owner he's a player and he's paid to go out and perform.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                              ya hes on vaca . . thats it

why must we make something out of nothing here
                              It is called the OFF SEASON! Furthermore, it was also noted that several of Bowlen's calls to Cutler went unreturned. So maybe we aren't making something out of nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
                                It is called the OFF SEASON! Furthermore, it was also noted that several of Bowlen's calls to Cutler went unreturned. So maybe we aren't making something out of nothing.
                                Where was this noted?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X