No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Elway would have went to the Redskins back in the 90's would you have switched? Or would you have caved and said, good move Pat! No, we the fans let Pat know thru the general feel of the the fan base that it would be a bad move. I am a blind follower of the broncos.

You have to apply pressure to get results. Pat knew we wanted more out our time. Because WE put pressure on him to make the team perform.

I think he made the wrong move. I still want results. NOT the traded of best QB we have had since #7.
    Last edited by 86'longtime; 04-05-2009, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• Confidence

How can Josh be confident in him when he throws a fit and hides behind his agent? He didn't go to McDaniels immediately after the trade rumors and let him know that he was the QB and leader of the team and that he would be the guy. He threw a fit and whined about it. Come on, now.

Comment

• Originally posted by 86'longtime View Post
        Broncos loose.
        No, Broncos Tight.
        sigpic

Comment

Not a pony up, i have been on the internet longer than you BS.
          This I highly doubt!

How did Cutler come out better? There are a thousand posts explaining how bad Chicago's offense is, and how the defense isn't what it used to be. The offensive coordinator there doens't seem to run a very good offense.

They now don't have the money or draft picks to improve their offense. Giving up 2 number one picks for one player is foolish. It makes them have to work that much harder to find a sleeper player in the later rounds.
          Watching the Mile High Magic from a mile high.

Comment

• It was time for a change anyway you slice it. This "Broncos Football" you talk about involved too many 8-8 seasons and consistent mediocrity.

Jay Cutler got what he wanted and we got what we wanted. Jay will fail miserably in Chicago and McDaniels will begin to build a legit Super Bowl contender.

Stay aboard if you like, but do not question Pat Bowlen and his motives. He has never done us wrong before. Shanahan and his regime were getting stale in Denver.

This is not your dad's Broncos no, but it is an exciting and interesting time in Broncos history. I have full confidence in McD and co. to make the right decisions. Even if he fails so what, we start over from scratch in 3 years and look for a new coach and a new franchise QB.

Jay Cutler is not worth all of the negativity and angst on these boards. He is a very talented young QB yes, but he does not, and I repeat does not, have the mental make-up of a champion.

I am very thrilled that our Broncos will finally have a TEAM-FIRST attitude instead of a bunch of pre-madonnas.!

Comment

• I am going with gut on a lot of this, as should we all, not having been in on any of the conversations, or witnessing any of the events.

Jay was whining before Josh arrived. Matter of fact, Jay has been whining a bit for some time.

Jay lacks class.

Jay is stubborn. He will try to throw a tiny ball through a tiny hoop all day long.

Jay hasn't won anything.

If Jay knew anything about the Cassel thing first hand, then he is not worth talking about.....and he may have.

Even so, everything he did since the initial "issue" has been totally immature, irresponsible and in some ways, misleading to his organization, team, and fans.

I am sticking with Josh. Obviously Bowlen is.

My gut tells me that Jay showed his true colours and management had no way out of this but to let him go. Reminds me of when Jeff George spoke out at the coach during a game.....the comment was something like, they had to get rid of him as he left no choice in the matter.

I don't care who you are, if you don't return calls to your boss and owner, you should be disciplined, and to a high level. It's insubordination.

My gut also tells me that Bus Cook can turn a saint into a demon. I no longer respect Favre, and that now applies to Jay. They are listening to the wrong guy, and I back any management group that goes toe to toe with Cook and players. Green Bay management looked like the bad guys for awhile, but they weren't.

I love the Broncos, and I look forward to the draft, the preseason and the regular season.......and don't count us out of the playoffs....and watch put for this squad in 2010, when some of those trade picks start to pay off big time.

Comment

Josh mcdaniels.....huge faliure.
                Bit early to call him a huge failure dont you think? What are you going to do if his way ends up working? Wait until week 8 or so before passing judgment to see what he has to offer.

Comment

• McDaniels was hired to coach this team. If he wanted to bring in his own offensive coordinator he should be entitled. He shouldn't have to worry about his QB's feelings in the matter. The QB should have been the first one at Dove Valley trying to learn the new system. Cutler requested a trade when Bates was let go. That's when we looked at Cassel. Don't let Bus Cook's account of what happened fool you.

Comment

If Elway would have went to the Redskins back in the 90's would you have switched? Or would you have caved and said, good move Pat! No, we the fans let Pat know thru the general feel of the the fan base that it would be a bad move. I am a blind follower of the broncos.

You have to apply pressure to get results. Pat knew we wanted more out our time. Because WE put pressure on him to make the team perform.

I think he made the wrong move. I still want results. NOT the traded of best QB we have had since #7.
                    The trade was orchestrated by Cutler and Bus Cook. He was unwilling to even try with McDaniels. It's not McDaniels' fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                      It was time for a change anyway you slice it. This "Broncos Football" you talk about involved too many 8-8 seasons and consistent mediocrity.
                      I know you know none of that was cutlers fault right? I know you probably know the stats which are cutler is 13-1 when giving up less than 21 pts and 3-16 when the defense gives up more than 21 pts. So that is all defense right there...if you give up 21 pts a game, you shouldnt even be anywhere close to the playoffs anyway. Cutler wasnt the problem, mcd should have seen that. He gave up a real big piece that he could have used building his super bowl contender.

Comment

If Elway would have went to the Redskins back in the 90's would you have switched? Or would you have caved and said, good move Pat! No, we the fans let Pat know thru the general feel of the the fan base that it would be a bad move. I am a blind follower of the broncos.

Elway wasn't asking to be traded to the redskins. Big difference. We had a cry-baby immature punk that DIDN'T want to play here in Denver. That's a HUGE difference right there, and please, DO NOT put Cutler's name in the same sentence with John Elway...
                        sigpic
                        I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

• Originally posted by da_bear-man View Post
                          Being a Bear fan, i am excited that we picked up Cutler but also know that is something that shouldnt have occured.

There is no way, that the relationship between FO and QB deteriorate to the point where the Pro Bowl Qb had to be traded.

As an NFL fan that respects the Denver franchise, i understand the bad feeling of having the fan favorite offensive captain shipped off.

Much respect to Denver fans and players. Front Office and rookie coach....not so much. :salute!:
                          Any viewpoint on this entire situation is simply opinion.

Josh McDaniles has not used the draft choices or coached a game yet.

Until he does those things, anything else is just speculation.

Comment

• Originally posted by zbad2000 View Post
                            I know you know none of that was cutlers fault right? I know you probably know the stats which are cutler is 13-1 when giving up less than 21 pts and 3-16 when the defense gives up more than 21 pts. So that is all defense right there...if you give up 21 pts a game, you shouldnt even be anywhere close to the playoffs anyway. Cutler wasnt the problem, mcd should have seen that. He gave up a real big piece that he could have used building his super bowl contender.

Who said Cutler was the problem?

Screw those stats, I saw with my own eyes Cutler losing games for us with interceptions thrown at the worst possible situations during the game. We could've made the play-offs but he lost a few games for us , so blame Cutler for Shanahan being fired!
                            And no, McDaniels DID NOT give up a real big piece of whatever, Cutler wanted out, he's got it, he's out....
                            sigpic
                            I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

• Di Shanahan or any other coach (even Phillips!) make this bad a of a move. Did Shanny in ALL those years make this made of a move. Josh has made PR bad moves, Administration bad moves, and a general feel of sneakyness about him. Josh IS a faliure right now! Till he wins a playoff game and then a bowl. Once you fail, like you have you need to disprove it.

i will get a Cutler jersey with the Bears. Proudly. It tells Pat I am not a sheep. I don't agree with this hire. He corrects it. I sell the jersey.

You can look at Cutler being a whiner. Exceprt he got what he wanted. Jumped on Josh's mistakes. A whiner?? Or using a weakness to get out of dodge and a adminstration that doesn't really want you??? I would have. You would have.

Team-first attitude huh. I wish we would have had that when Pat threw the dynamite in the building. Throwing a built "team" by shanny that Mayock called a Ferrari and something that resembles the Colts model....hmmm. Pat needs to be team-first. Not coach first.

You can't judge Cutlers new tam to be bad. He has more money and a team that is committed to build around the QB. How can that be bad if your in Cutlers shoes???

"ive noticed that too, its pathetic really. shanahan did an identical thing back in the 90s, going from reeves run first to let elway" Good thing Shanny didn't look to trade Elway. Looks like he valued the Qb some. I mean Elway was Old then. End of the career for him....trade him. Good thing we didn't!

Comment

Elway had already made it too the Super Bowl on multiple occasions when Reeves thought about trading him. Much different story. What has Jay Cutler accomplished besides one Pro Bowl berth where Phillip Rivers should have ultimately been the choice anyways?

Comment

Working...
                                X