McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trenchwar08 View Post
    That's BS. It was Tampa that wanted Cutler. New England just wanted the best deal they could get. If the were offered a 1st rounder or multiple high picks that had more value than KC's #34 overall, they would entertain the 3-way deal - which is what they did. Belichick isn't messing with anyone.
    Riiiiiiiiight, and if the Pats are telling Tampa that Denver wants Cassel... see how those puzzle pieces come together?

Tampa calls Denver to see what's up, what they're doing with Cutler. Thinking that they have a line on Cassel, knowing that McD and Cassel were successful in New England, they make the call, offering Cassel for Cutler. The "what if" conversation begins.

I find it VERY strange that the news of the whole Cutler to anyone else rumor didn't come out until well after it was announced that the Chiefs were getting Cassel. I was up at 8am, and they were announcing it on NFL N. So... it could very easily be someone making **** up.

Of course, you'd have to believe your head coach and leader of your team when he states, publicly, that he doesn't want to trade Cutler. For some folks, that's just too much to ask.

For me, I'm going to wait until someone more reliable than Mortenson announces anything.
    In Manning I trust.

Comment

• Originally posted by rojo1289 View Post
      from profootball talk
      A source with knowledge of the situation tells Profootballtalk.com that Jay Cutler was at one point as good as "gone" during three-team trade talks that ultimately fell through Saturday.
      It appears Josh McDaniels wanted Matt Cassel bad and either the Lions or Bucs were ready to fork over a first-round pick plus for Cutler. Cutler's agent, Bus Cook, says the Broncos "just told me that only inquiries were being made." "Jay Cutler is pissed, no doubt about it," Cook added. "I wouldn't blame him. Cutler is the best young quarterback in the entire league

I too could easily write a news article myself and tag it to a website.

I'm also pretty sure that may be known as fraud.

Comment

• Just in on NFL Network

Culter has asked permission to be traded, But then the sores of that info is John Clayton and you know how that goes. What he say you can take with a grain of salt.

Comment

• Originally posted by dbsoldier View Post
          huh ok! you win the NFL is full of guys with good intensions and always give the home team discount and take less money to show some loyalty! we have seen it over and over again!

WHATEVER! besides that B marsh will get tagged anyway, so he aint going anywhere! well unless we trade his butt!!
          No no , You win. There is NO ONE in the NFL with good intenions, Not Cutler or BMarsh or anybody. They always screw their fans and teammates.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

• Old news, but yet you had to make another thread regarding this drama. CP to you! not.
            Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

Comment

• Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
              It wouldn't be... Just think about it:

First of all, it's 3 draft picks. That means you'll have THREE first round salaries to fill out for the next 6 years each.

The QB that we would draft would be no where NEAR the playmaking abilities that Cutler has now. They would not be as good. McDaniels said he wants to win NOW, so why would you bring in a rookie QB???
              First off I just want to reiterate that I am a Cutler fan and I don't want him to leave. Having said that, nobody knew what Cutler was capable of when we drafted him. The general consensus was that Lienart was going to be the one with the most success. I'm not going to sit here and convince myself or others that Stafford will be any worse or better than Cutler at this point and stage because nobody knows. For all we know him or Sanchez could be future hall of famers. Do we really want to make it happen and go through another 2-3 years of growing pains just to get to where we are now. I don't, but i'm trying to think like Josh and wander if the extra early round picks would give this team a boost now instead of 1 or 2 years away.

Having 3 first round picks would be somthing that would turn this team around in a short period of time. One of them would almost have to be spent on a QB because there are no free agents out there that could be a long term solution. The other two would be spent on LB? or DT? or CB? Rounds 1 through 4 could add some very valuable depth to the defense, not saying they can't now but having the 2 extra 1st rounders would add play makers that wouldn't have been there if the trade never went through.

Comment

• since you've released dre bly i thought you were brilliant....

since dre bly left town i considered this organization to be absolutely brilliant!! ever since then i thought to myself..."man, we finally have some leadership that knows what needs to get done to win our division!" then i see that you get BRIAN DAWKINS! how could anyone argue with the thought of you guys being just absolute genius's!!!! then i read that Jay Cutler was involved in trade rumors....HOW STUPID CAN YOU GET! seriously...i dont give half a **** about matt cassell...who is going to suck anyways by the way....you just have this bill bilicheck mindset that no matter who you throw into a certain spot...they can play just as good as the next person....well i think your full of **** personally! how can you want to trade Cutler??? he's not a problem in the locker room, and he really wants to be a bronco...WHAT MORE CAN YOU ASK FOR NOWDAYS IN A PLAYER???!! he has all the right reasons to bash this organization...because i guarantee that PAT BOWLEN had NOTHING to do with this....all i want to know is what the hell were you thinking?????? i would be fine if ANYONE ELSE was released but dude, JAY CUTLER IS A BRONCO FOR LIFE!!! HE LOVES US AS FANS AND US FANS LOVE HIM AS "OUR QUARTERBACK" UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET ALL TORE UP...YOU WILL KEEP CUTLER AND YOU WILL RESIGN HIM FOR 7 YEARS!!!! AND YOU HAD BEST GIVE HIM MORE MONEY THAN WHAT HE ACTUALLY WANTS! KEEP THAT KID HAPPY, AND IM NOT JOKING!!!! i would say your life depends on it....because were ****ing crazy!!!!! we dont give a **** about jail when it comes to the WRONG PEOPLE being traded ignorantly...im just telling you guys.....dont do it....EVER! im not joking.:cutler:

Comment

• This is old news. from like yesterday. We said he can't go see any teams.

He's staying in Denver:cutler:
                  sigpic

Comment

• if Jay Cutler is traded I am going to make some popcorn and watch this board EXPLODE.

Comment

• Jay Cutler : Draft day trade

Now that the trade fell through cutler will most likely stay in denver but i wouldnt be so sure of that yet..

The lions could draft the player we want with their first overall and ship him to us in exchange for jay cutler and a few more draft picks ...so come draft day its gonna be real crazy

And if this is true about bill belichik leaking out the trade then what an immature man this guy is..That was a d**k move on his part lol

Comment

• Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
                        if Jay Cutler is traded I am going to make some popcorn and watch this board EXPLODE.
                        Dont hold your breath
                        sigpic Adopted By:

Comment

• I'm assuming that this PFT is pretty much Hockeybuzz.com for football? If so, then I would say this article runs a line of about 10% chance of being correct..........
                          Any coach who listens to fans is going to be sitting with them pretty soon. - Bobby Bowden

Comment

• And who will be our QB? Eddie Royal?
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by dbsoldier View Post
                              umm brother Cutler couldnt get us into the playoffs with a 4 game lead with 4 games remaining?? or was that another team I watched??
                              And Cassel could have won those games for us?

If all you seen was Jay Cutler out there and no one else, then yes you were not watching the Broncos. See the Broncos have 53 players on their team, 11 on the field at any given time during a play.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

• Clayton works for ESPN, Not NFLN. Adam Shefter has to confirm things before it goes on NFLN, and since he says everything is okay, which I believe him, I highly doubt this was on NFLN.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X