McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MileHighPimp303 View Post
    LOL, I think it obvious that this guys opinions are not all there.
    Yeah, I think we have him pegged.

Comment

• Do you think Jay cutler will sign a bigger deal with the Bears than with Josh Mcdaniels and this organization???? Do you think Josh was ready to sign a long term deal with jay when he wanted him shipped out before he even had a chance to coach him??? That sounds like YOUR not all there is you can't connect those dots.

Think about it people. If you can't figure that out....you must live on a message board and not real life.

My point is some of you think that you guage your Bronconess by the length of time on the message board. The barrelman is a bigger fan than you all. And i don't think he is on here.
      Last edited by 86'longtime; 04-05-2009, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jester06 View Post
        What are you talking about. I thank the Denver Front office. We FINALLY have a good QB, FINALLY.
        But you Mortgaged your future to get that QB who has not proven anything yet. All we know is he has a temper and when things dont go his way he'll have his agent force a trade. Jay is a good QB but the baggage he carries might not be worth it.

Always remember to blow out the flame before drinking!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bokyong View Post
          But you Mortgaged your future to get that QB who has not proven anything yet. All we know is he has a temper and when things dont go his way he'll have his agent force a trade. Jay is a good QB but the baggage he carries might not be worth it.
          Which should make you very happy. I think we got a great 25 yr old QB with huge potential which IS our future. Not often you can find proven QB's on the market which is much more valuable to me than a couple of ? marks in the draft.

Comment

• Very classy thanks for posting.

This whole thing has turned out to be a bad deal.

Hope you enjoy jay...we built him for ya

Comment

• Originally posted by DoJo Chargerfan View Post
              I want to know why it was McD's fault for entertaining trade offers? Also, from what I've heard is that McD sat down with a lot of players and coaches and he didn't have confidence in Cutler's leadership to go much forward. That, coupled with Cutler lack of concern about his health with the drinking. McD wanted a sponge for a QB that will play by the way HE wants him to play and Cutler is too much of a freelancer.

I think Orton is a perfect fit for the Broncos but Cutler is still a HUGE question mark for the Bears. If he doesn't have an outstanding line in front of him he reminds me more of Rex Grossman and less of John Elway. Also, he relies WAY too much on his arm, giving him a gorgeous highlight film but a lot of throws will leave you scratching your heads.
              Yeah that's why Rex Grossman is still on the trash heap and more than a handful of teams were bidding on Cutler. Also, John Elway was really sad for losing another Rex Grossman LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by jester06 View Post
                Which should make you very happy. I think we got a great 25 yr old QB with huge potential which IS our future. Not often you can find proven QB's on the market which is much more valuable to me than a couple of ? marks in the draft.
                Couldn't agree with you more. There has been a LOT of QBs that fans called 'whiney babies'... one being our Very own Elway.

Just two years ago the entire NFL was laughing and pointing at Rivers and talking about how immature he was. Before winning the Super Bowl, a certain retired RB commented to the public/media how Eli wasn't a leader.... then during those playoffs and SB, he's immediately PROPELLED to just the opposite. They talkeda bout how immature Rothlesburger was when he crashed his motorcycle.

We've seen tens of players and/or QBs go through ordeals at which some of the fans and media jump on their case and insult their "maturity." Over and Over again we've seen it. Cutler has only had 3 years in the NFl... THREE years. Thats nothing. He'll move past this as the rest have, and the Bears end up the winner.

Comment

• Originally posted by da_bear-man View Post
                  I am thankful too. Hopefully trade is beneficial for both teams. I just think that maybe Cutler is not the only one who needs to get the boot in Denver :brick:
                  Maybe Cutler continues to lose and our FO looks like genius's. We got a proven winner at QB, two 1st round picks, and a 3rd pick. You got a proven loser with a great arm. Point is you maybe asking for the boot of your FO in years to come.
                  [SIGPIC]

Comment

• Originally posted by DoJo Chargerfan View Post
                    I want to know why it was McD's fault for entertaining trade offers? Also, from what I've heard is that McD sat down with a lot of players and coaches and he didn't have confidence in Cutler's leadership to go much forward. That, coupled with Cutler lack of concern about his health with the drinking. McD wanted a sponge for a QB that will play by the way HE wants him to play and Cutler is too much of a freelancer.

I think Orton is a perfect fit for the Broncos but Cutler is still a HUGE question mark for the Bears. If he doesn't have an outstanding line in front of him he reminds me more of Rex Grossman and less of John Elway. Also, he relies WAY too much on his arm, giving him a gorgeous highlight film but a lot of throws will leave you scratching your heads.
                    Dojo in 07 the Broncos O-line was utter crap.... Every D was able to get a sac on Cutler at least once a game, but somehow through that and his medical problems in 07 he somehow did really well.

In the past 2 years the Defense has been lacking where the Offense has been built up.

I am really thinking that McDaniles wants a QB he can make and doesnt want to deal with a QB thats already established, when said QB has yet to hit his prime.

Like someone said that Campbell is handling it like a man thats kinda funny when Campbell can barely stay healthy, has massive question marks on his ability to play through a whole season, weak arm and overall isnt a game breaking type QB. He's thanking his lucky stars to still have a Job as a QB because if he goes to any team I doubt he'll win the job.

Sorry but in my mind as I think about it, McDaniles and the FO are more at fault then Cutler, not because im backing the guy I mean there are some things that make me scratch my head, he does need an attitude adjustment on some aspects. He has a part of this blame but McDaniles should have never entertained the idea. He should have left it alone(the offense) and fixed the Defense.

Would have been a better use of time and money if he just came in and addressed the Defense.

McD has the workings of a horrible coach because he cannot adjust and work with egos and has a massive inferiority complex that is being compensated by him being a dilatont of a Coach.
                    McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

Maybe Cutler continues to lose and our FO looks like genius's. We got a proven winner at QB, two 1st round picks, and a 3rd pick. You got a proven loser with a great arm. Point is you maybe asking for the boot of your FO in years to come.
                      "proven winner".. please.... lets at least give a definition to that term. GIve me SOMETHING other than the team record because He also has LOST the starting job to guys like Griese and Grossman. There is a reason the GM and owner said they needed to improve and stabalize the QB position. Its not because they see THIS guy as the "winner" of the franchise.

Comment

thats kind of weird thats like saying out Defense is top 15 even thought in past 2 seasons the defense has been setting being scored on records for this franchise with 300+ points a season.

Face it if Orton can barely beat our intprone Grossman who btw made it to the SB then you have Greesie who could barely do it how can you say Orton is a proven winner.

He has a Defense that we dont have, a Special Teams we dont have and a RB we dont have.

believe what you want but Orton is not the savior and the QB that this team was suppose to be built around will be able to flurish on a team who has a good defense.
                        McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

• Originally posted by tsiguy96 View Post
                          the redskins tried to trade jason campbell, how did he respond to the situation?

like an adult, a professional football player. not a baby.
                          A few things about this... and I'm sure you are purely going to ignore them and feel as if they are nothing other than Cutler homerism, but thats alright. I don't think I could say anything that would make you see otherwise... However.

1) Campbell was talking on ESPN radio about the trade talks, how he was ON THE PHONE with his coach, and they were listening to the trade talks together and laughing about it. Hmmm.. on the phone WITH the coach? Sounds to be quite a different situation than here.

2) EVer since mid-season LAST year...everyone knew and talked about how the Redskins needed a new QB. Analyst all over the NFL were talking about just how BADLY Campbell was playing. This pre-season his name has been mentioned over and over again as a player that most probably would be available. No trade talks came out of the blue. NOTHING blindsided him. He didn't have the owner just telling the media how "Campbell was his guy."

3) Campbell HAS handled it well. But at the same time, he DID have the advantage of seeing how the media circus surrounded the Cutler situation, first. If you saw a guy say the word "red" and 100 guys come over and beat the junk out of him... would you turn around and say the word "red?" I don't think so either. Now, I'm NOT saying that Jason wouldn't have handled it differently, regardless. However, that is a big advantage to have.

4) COMPLETELY different circumstances, all around, from Denver to Washington. Also.. I FIRMLY, and STRONGLY, believe that the actual trade talks themselves were NOT the problem with Jay. It was the fact that both Bowlen and McDaniels told him HE was the guy and that McDaniels said he was excited to work with Jay. Only THEN to find out, with no warning, that they lied and tried to trade him behind his back..... only then to tell him and the media he was 'paranoid' and 'wrong' because they were only answering the phone. It was then, since Bowlen knew of the trade as well, that he felt he couldn't trust anyone. JUST as Shannon Sharpe said he couldn't feel as if he could trust Shanahan again after Mike tried to trade him without warning him. Shannon, just went to Baltimore.

Comment

• lol Jay is a proven loser and Orton is a proven winner. He of one decent season in the league, limited talent and mediocre numbers overall isa winner. You really can't make this stuff up. it seems like the media's simple mindedness on damn near everything has brainwashed most people.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                              "proven winner".. please.... lets at least give a definition to that term. GIve me SOMETHING other than the team record because He also has LOST the starting job to guys like Griese and Grossman. There is a reason the GM and owner said they needed to improve and stabalize the QB position. Its not because they see THIS guy as the "winner" of the franchise.
                              LOL, Griese and Grossman win games. Cutler hasn't had a winning season sense High school.
                              I was more making fun of the fact that you guys think you know whats going to happen. You are so set on that the broncos will have a bad season. We might pick up great players in the draft and have a top flight D. Or we could pick six more guys like Jarvis Moss Cutler might win an SB or break his arm and end his career. I don't know and neither do you. But I think we all know if you don't win you're out. Cutler has lost two crappy teams like buffalo and San Fran. I think winners win those games especially when they are for playoff spots like those were.
                              [SIGPIC]

Comment

• The only thing that shows me that Jay wasn't really trippin' after Shanny was fired was that he went with BMarsh and Scheff and started running drills in ATL...soooooo idk

Comment

Working...
                                X