Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by andrewmlb View Post
    My point of the thread was if the broncos really wanted to keep him they could've. I'm not saying Cutler didn't hurt the situation but ultimately the FO had the say so. So that means they didn't want him. If you have the final say and trade someone, you didn't want him, because you had the power to keep him. So in the end, Cutler was traded because the broncos didn't want him.
    Why did the Broncos not want Cutler? Is it because they thought there was someone else that was better? Was it because he became a cry baby over them taking phone calls from teams that inquired about him? All indications are that it is the latter.

    You compared Cutler's situation to Anquan Boldin's. Boldin doesn't get crucified because he's not whining about the Cardinals accepting phone calls from teams that want to trade for him. He was promised something and the Cardinals didn't follow through. He wants out but he still played last year and did very well. I don't know if he has the same intentions this year. His agent is Drew Rosenhaus. There's no telling how things will go this year, if he doesn't get a new contract or traded to a team that will give him a new contract.

    The Cardinals would have traded Boldin if they had received an offer they liked. They didn't so he's still a Cardinal. The Broncos received two first round picks, a third round pick, and a quarterback with starting experience for Cutler and a fifth round pick. The Broncos received an offer they liked and the Cardinals didn't. That's why Cutler is no longer a Bronco and Boldin is still a Cardinal.

    Cutler got what he wanted. He wanted to be traded. I think it's clear that Pat Bowlen doesn't like the idea of his head coach and franchise quarterback butting heads. He had to decide between Dan Reeves and John Elway. He chose Elway, because Elway had already proved he can put a team on his back and give the organization a chance at a Super Bowl. He also had an idea about with whom to replace Dan Reeves. Shanahan could have been the head coach in 1993, if he had agreed to keep Wade Phillips as the defensive coordinator. Because he didn't, Phillips was given the job and after two years of mediocrity and apparently little faith that things would get better, Shanahan was given the job along with all the power he wanted. This time Bowlen had to choose between Cutler and McDaniels. Neither one has proved that he can lead a team to the Super Bowl. In this case, he had no choice but to side with his coach. At least McDaniels has helped get a team to the Super Bowl by producing the best offense in the history of the league. He also is still paying Shanahan. Why would he want to pay Shanahan, McDaniels, and whoever he would have hired to replace McDaniels, if he had fired him?(that's a rhetorical question since you didn't bring up that issue) The point is, someone had to go and it had to be Cutler.

    Why did it have to be Cutler to go? Because he was the one that wanted out. He was the one that refused to return phone calls. On the moral basis of right vs wrong, Cutler was in the wrong and therefore he had to be the one to go. Financially and in matters of public relations, it had to be Cutler to go. It was cheaper to get rid of Cutler and it would have been too expensive to fix the PR situation if it had been McDaniels to go.

    If it had been McDaniels to go, who would have taken over? Nolan? How would that be explained to a fan base that is aware of his failure as a head coach? It's one thing to accept him as a DC, he proved he can succeed at that position. It's another thing to accept him as a head coach after his stint in San Francisco. You don't fire Mike Shanahan, replace him with McDaniels, only to fire McDaniels and replace him with a guy who just failed as a head coach. Who else could it have been? Wouldn't Bowlen have been forced, from a PR stand point, to get a proven head coach? Would he have had to go to Marty ball? Would he have gone after Gruden? Would Bowlen have been able to lure Cowher out of retirement? Whatever the options for replacing McDaniels were that would have gone a long way to address the PR problem, it would have been expensive, more expensive than getting rid of Cutler.

    I also think that Bowlen wants to institute the Patriots' principles in Denver. Why wouldn't he? People can rail about how assistants from New England haven't done well outside of New England, but there's one thing those people don't take into consideration. McDaniels' only NFL experience is with New England. His NFL experience isn't polluted with what he learned from another NFL team. It could be like when you have a group of people who are learning to drive a bus. Those who have driven large vehicles, such as tractor trailers, might have trouble adjusting to driving a bus because they have habits that don't go well with driving a bus full of people. Those who have never driven a large vehicle before don't have those bad habits to overcome. They're a clean slate. As long as they remain confident about driving a bus, they have a good chance of being able to learn how to do so safely, without having to overcome bad habits that could get in their way. From an NFL stand point, all McDaniels knows is the Patriot way. He has no personal point of reference to any other way in the NFL. The Patriot way has been successful for quite some time now. Bowlen wants to institute it in Denver and McDaniels is the best one to do that.

    Prior to the trade, the Broncos were publicly stating that Cutler was their quarterback and that they weren't trading him. It wasn't until he made it clear that he didn't want to be a Bronco by refusing to return phone calls and having his agent make it clear to Xanders that he wanted to be traded, that it was decided that he would be traded. The fact that Cutler is no longer a Bronco is all his fault. The Broncos can not be faulted for trading a player that made it clear that he didn't want to be a part of the team any longer. It's not the first time a star player has been traded after requesting a trade and it won't be the last time.
    Last edited by broncolee; 05-22-2009, 03:22 PM.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl
    Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by nea View Post
      That is probably the conversation that turned Jay off," yes I tried to trade you and I am not done, you are not the man" maybe not those words, but you get the drift.
      But, why? What does McD gain from it?

      What I'm trying to get at is that you don't do something like that for no reason. There's reasoning behind it. A lot of people seem to act as if it is a random occurrence. McD got up one morning and said "I feel like ruining the Broncos and killing any chance I have of being a successful coach in the NFL". Of course that reasoning doesn't make sense, and that's why I don't buy it.

      To me, it's a fact that McD was not enamored with Cutler. There's a reason for this. I simply wish people would look at it for what it is. I have a few ideas as to what the reason would be. But I'm asking you and anyone else, what could be some reasons for McD liking Cassel, who isn't near the stud that Cutler is, and not liking Cutler.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by CanadianBroncoFan View Post
        I think that the FO made more public displays to try and reach out to Cutler than any other established coach/gm pair would have. The interview by josh McD, that wasnt unprecedented it was definately not something he had to do, the cutler jersey at the heritage game announcements ( let alone the hours of questions McD did to try and placate the media and reach out to Cutler) and refering to Cutler as his QB the entire time they were ringing his phone off the hook and Cutler wasnt responding.

        Montanas job was on the line. When young came in and started playing well Montana was forced to look over his shoulder for those couple years, remember the reason they brought in Young was because people were saying that Montana was injury prone and couldnt get the job done anymore.

        I am pretty sure the poor play of the broncos in the early 90's helped to getting Reeves fired, and that it wasnt only Elways doing. The team was a mess when Shanahan inherited it in 1995.

        he did play with diabetes, but looking at that year he didnt play well. The other players not only played injured, but they made large impacts and helped there team win. Many players play hurt, but few can play hurt and still dominate the game. Those are the ones that will be remembered. Cutler hasnt done anything close to that yet. he does have the potential that he COULD do it, he just hasnt done it yet
        Wow, so he gets no credit for playing his first full season with diabetes becuase he didn't play good enough for you? Who is talking about Cutler being remembered? You were talking about players that are willing to try overcomeing adversity. Cutler did it the same as those you mentioned.

        Reeves was directly fired because Elway said it was him or me. That is well known.

        The team didn't try getting rid of Montana. They gave him a chance to stay with the team. This team wanted Cutler gone before he had that chance. Big difference.

        Again, the jersey had nothing to do with McDaniels. The NFL brought the jerseys and handed them to the coaches and made them hold the ones they brought. McDaniels had no choice but to hold up that jersey. He also didn't refer to Cutler as his QB. He refered to him as "the player".

        Comment


        • Originally posted by broncolee View Post
          Why did the Broncos not want Cutler? Is it because they thought there was someone else that was better? Was it because he became a cry baby over them taking phone calls from teams that inquired about him? All indications are that it is the latter.

          You compared Cutler's situation to Anquan Boldin's. Boldin doesn't get crucified because he's not whining about the Cardinals accepting phone calls from teams that want to trade for him. He was promised something and the Cardinals didn't follow through. He wants out but he still played last year and did very well. I don't know if he has the same intentions this year. His agent is Drew Rosenhaus. There's no telling how things will go this year, if he doesn't get a new contract or traded to a team that will give him a new contract.

          The Cardinals would have traded Boldin if they had received an offer they liked. They didn't so he's still a Cardinal. The Broncos received two first round picks, a third round pick, and a quarterback with starting experience for Cutler and a fifth round pick. The Broncos received an offer they liked and the Cardinals didn't. That's why Cutler is no longer a Bronco and Boldin is still a Cardinal.

          Cutler got what he wanted. He wanted to be traded. I think it's clear that Pat Bowlen doesn't like the idea of his head coach and franchise quarterback butting heads. He had to decide between Dan Reeves and John Elway. He chose Elway, because Elway had already proved he can put a team on his back and give the organization a chance at a Super Bowl. He also had an idea about with whom to replace Dan Reeves. Shanahan could have been the head coach on 1993, if he had agreed to keep Wade Phillips as the defensive coordinator. Because he didn't, Phillips was given the job and after two years of mediocrity and apparently little faith that things would get better, Shanahan was given the job along with all the power he wanted. This time Bowlen had to choose between Cutler and McDaniels. Neither one has proved that he can lead a team to the Super Bowl. In this case, he had no choice but to side with his coach. At least McDaniels has helped get a team to the Super Bowl by producing the best offense in the history of the league. He also is still paying Shanahan. Why would he want to pay Shanahan, McDaniels, and whoever he would have hired to replace McDaniels, if he had fired him?(that's a rhetorical question since you didn't bring up that issue) The point is, someone had to go and it had to be Cutler.

          Why did it have to be Cutler to go? Because he was the one that wanted out. He was the one that refused to return phone calls. On the moral basis of right vs wrong, Cutler was in the wrong and therefore he had to be the one to go. Financially and in matters of public relations, it had to be Cutler to go. It was cheaper to get rid of Cutler and it would have been too expensive to fix the PR situation if it had been McDaniels to go.

          If it had been McDaniels to go, who would have taken over? Nolan? How would that be explained to a fan base that is aware of his failure as a head coach? It's one thing to accept him as a DC, he proved he can succeed at that position. It's another thing to accept him as a head coach after his stint in San Francisco. You don't fire Mike Shanahan, replace him with McDaniels, only to fire McDaniels and replace him with a guy who just failed as a head coach. Who else could it have been? Wouldn't Bowlen have been forced, from a PR stand point, to get a proven head coach? Would he have had to go to Marty ball? Would he have gone after Gruden? Would Bowlen have been able to lure Cowher out of retirement? Whatever the options for replacing McDaniels were that would have gone a long way to address the PR problem, it would have been expensive, more expensive than getting rid of Cutler.

          I also think that Bowlen wants to institute the Patriots' principles in Denver. Why wouldn't he? People can rail about how assistants from New England haven't done well outside of New England, but there's one thing those people don't take into consideration. McDaniels' only NFL experience is with New England. His NFL experience isn't polluted with what he learned from another NFL team. It could be like when you have a group of people who are learning to drive a bus. Those who have driven large vehicles, such as tractor trailers, might have trouble adjusting to driving a bus because they have habits that don't go well with driving a bus full of people. Those who have never driven a large vehicle before don't have those bad habits to overcome. They're a clean slate. As long as they remain confident about driving a bus, they have a good chance of being able to learn how to do so safely, without having to overcome bad habits that could get in their way. From an NFL stand point, all McDaniels knows is the Patriot way. He has no personal point of reference to any other way in the NFL. The Patriot way has been successful for quite some time now. Bowlen wants to institute it in Denver and McDaniels is the best one to do that.

          Prior to the trade, the Broncos were publicly stating that Cutler was their quarterback and that they weren't trading him. It wasn't until he made it clear that he didn't want to be a Bronco by refusing to return phone calls and having his agent make it clear to Xanders that he wanted to be traded, that he it was decided that he would be traded. The fact that Cutler is no longer a Bronco is all his fault. The Broncos can not be faulted for trading a player that made it clear that he didn't want to be a part of the team any longer. It's not the first time a star player has been traded after requesting a trade and it won't be the last time.
          Cutler was almost traded, thus not wanted, THEN he got upset. Get the time line right
          I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
          I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
          I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
          "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
          God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
          Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jhns View Post
            Wow, so he gets no credit for playing his first full season with diabetes becuase he didn't play good enough for you? Who is talking about Cutler being remembered? You were talking about players that are willing to try overcomeing adversity. Cutler did it the same as those you mentioned.

            Reeves was directly fired because Elway said it was him or me. That is well known.

            The team didn't try getting rid of Montana. They gave him a chance to stay with the team. This team wanted Cutler gone before he had that chance. Big difference.

            Again, the jersey had nothing to do with McDaniels. The NFL brought the jerseys and handed them to the coaches and made them hold the ones they brought. McDaniels had no choice but to hold up that jersey. He also didn't refer to Cutler as his QB. He refered to him as "the player".
            its not about getting credit for playing injured, its about thriving through it. Cutler didnt. thats what i was saying, you tried to lump cutlers performances in with Lotts, and Smiths that I mentioned earlier by saying he did just as much as them. those were memorbale performances that are remembered, Cutlers were not. That is the difference between them, going through the motions and stepping on the field is not the same as still making a difference when you are hurt. Cutler never did that, the others I mentioned before did.

            With the PR nightmare that was the broncos during that meeting I am pretty sure that they could have had the jersey changed at anytime before the meeting. I dont think they would spring any jersey on a team, without talking to the teams PR department before the meeting.

            and it is well documented that after the talks, McDaniels was calling Cutler his QB, over and over and over again. Just go back and watch his interview.
            Thanks Shanahan for the 2 SB's, but its time to move on. With McDaniels I hope to see at least one more, bringing back solid, fundamental football to Denver.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by AC1 View Post
              Originally Posted by dizzolve
              What players
              Marshall Faulk, Terrell Davis, Warren Sapp, Troy Aikman are the few that come to mind immediately. There's a lot more that were mentioned when the fiasco was going on.
              Funny how you mention players that never played for McDaniels. Meanwhile, the reason Denver was Lamont Jordan's second choice to re-signing with New England is because McDaniels is in Denver.

              Jabar Gaffney and Lonie Paxton weren't turned off by the idea of playing for McDaniels either.

              The point is, it's easy for former players who never played for McDaniels to say they wouldn't play for him for whatever reason. The fact is, there's at least one player, who's reason for wanting to go to Denver is because McDaniels is there. He could have talked to other teams first. He didn't settle for Denver because that was his only choice at the time. He wanted to go there because McDaniels is there, instituting the Patriot way.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl
              Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                Why did the Broncos not want Cutler? Is it because they thought there was someone else that was better? Was it because he became a cry baby over them taking phone calls from teams that inquired about him? All indications are that it is the latter.

                You compared Cutler's situation to Anquan Boldin's. Boldin doesn't get crucified because he's not whining about the Cardinals accepting phone calls from teams that want to trade for him. He was promised something and the Cardinals didn't follow through. He wants out but he still played last year and did very well. I don't know if he has the same intentions this year. His agent is Drew Rosenhaus. There's no telling how things will go this year, if he doesn't get a new contract or traded to a team that will give him a new contract.

                The Cardinals would have traded Boldin if they had received an offer they liked. They didn't so he's still a Cardinal. The Broncos received two first round picks, a third round pick, and a quarterback with starting experience for Cutler and a fifth round pick. The Broncos received an offer they liked and the Cardinals didn't. That's why Cutler is no longer a Bronco and Boldin is still a Cardinal.

                Cutler got what he wanted. He wanted to be traded. I think it's clear that Pat Bowlen doesn't like the idea of his head coach and franchise quarterback butting heads. He had to decide between Dan Reeves and John Elway. He chose Elway, because Elway had already proved he can put a team on his back and give the organization a chance at a Super Bowl. He also had an idea about with whom to replace Dan Reeves. Shanahan could have been the head coach on 1993, if he had agreed to keep Wade Phillips as the defensive coordinator. Because he didn't, Phillips was given the job and after two years of mediocrity and apparently little faith that things would get better, Shanahan was given the job along with all the power he wanted. This time Bowlen had to choose between Cutler and McDaniels. Neither one has proved that he can lead a team to the Super Bowl. In this case, he had no choice but to side with his coach. At least McDaniels has helped get a team to the Super Bowl by producing the best offense in the history of the league. He also is still paying Shanahan. Why would he want to pay Shanahan, McDaniels, and whoever he would have hired to replace McDaniels, if he had fired him?(that's a rhetorical question since you didn't bring up that issue) The point is, someone had to go and it had to be Cutler.

                Why did it have to be Cutler to go? Because he was the one that wanted out. He was the one that refused to return phone calls. On the moral basis of right vs wrong, Cutler was in the wrong and therefore he had to be the one to go. Financially and in matters of public relations, it had to be Cutler to go. It was cheaper to get rid of Cutler and it would have been too expensive to fix the PR situation if it had been McDaniels to go.

                If it had been McDaniels to go, who would have taken over? Nolan? How would that be explained to a fan base that is aware of his failure as a head coach? It's one thing to accept him as a DC, he proved he can succeed at that position. It's another thing to accept him as a head coach after his stint in San Francisco. You don't fire Mike Shanahan, replace him with McDaniels, only to fire McDaniels and replace him with a guy who just failed as a head coach. Who else could it have been? Wouldn't Bowlen have been forced, from a PR stand point, to get a proven head coach? Would he have had to go to Marty ball? Would he have gone after Gruden? Would Bowlen have been able to lure Cowher out of retirement? Whatever the options for replacing McDaniels were that would have gone a long way to address the PR problem, it would have been expensive, more expensive than getting rid of Cutler.

                I also think that Bowlen wants to institute the Patriots' principles in Denver. Why wouldn't he? People can rail about how assistants from New England haven't done well outside of New England, but there's one thing those people don't take into consideration. McDaniels' only NFL experience is with New England. His NFL experience isn't polluted with what he learned from another NFL team. It could be like when you have a group of people who are learning to drive a bus. Those who have driven large vehicles, such as tractor trailers, might have trouble adjusting to driving a bus because they have habits that don't go well with driving a bus full of people. Those who have never driven a large vehicle before don't have those bad habits to overcome. They're a clean slate. As long as they remain confident about driving a bus, they have a good chance of being able to learn how to do so safely, without having to overcome bad habits that could get in their way. From an NFL stand point, all McDaniels knows is the Patriot way. He has no personal point of reference to any other way in the NFL. The Patriot way has been successful for quite some time now. Bowlen wants to institute it in Denver and McDaniels is the best one to do that.

                Prior to the trade, the Broncos were publicly stating that Cutler was their quarterback and that they weren't trading him. It wasn't until he made it clear that he didn't want to be a Bronco by refusing to return phone calls and having his agent make it clear to Xanders that he wanted to be traded, that he it was decided that he would be traded. The fact that Cutler is no longer a Bronco is all his fault. The Broncos can not be faulted for trading a player that made it clear that he didn't want to be a part of the team any longer. It's not the first time a star player has been traded after requesting a trade and it won't be the last time.
                Great explanation complete with logic and objectivity. A post like this should put the issue to bed, but we know that won't happen haha :thumb:
                The beatings will continue until morale improves....

                Comment


                • Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                  Funny how you mention players that never played for McDaniels. Meanwhile, the reason Denver was Lamont Jordan's second choice to re-signing with New England is because McDaniels is in Denver.

                  Jabar Gaffney and Lonie Paxton weren't turned off by the idea of playing for McDaniels either.

                  The point is, it's easy for former players who never played for McDaniels to say they wouldn't play for him for whatever reason. The fact is, there's at least one player, who's reason for wanting to go to Denver is because McDaniels is there. He could have talked to other teams first. He didn't settle for Denver because that was his only choice at the time. He wanted to go there because McDaniels is there, instituting the Patriot way.
                  Probably because they know the system, also, as evident with our longsnapper, he is willing to pay you above your skill level. No you is say that all the players don't like him. But for me, the stuff he's pulled so far will lose you the respect of your Vets, and they are the ones you need in your back pocket, because they control the locker room
                  I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
                  I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
                  I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
                  "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
                  God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
                  Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by CanadianBroncoFan View Post
                    its not about getting credit for playing injured, its about thriving through it. Cutler didnt. thats what i was saying, you tried to lump cutlers performances in with Lotts, and Smiths that I mentioned earlier by saying he did just as much as them. those were memorbale performances that are remembered, Cutlers were not. That is the difference between them, going through the motions and stepping on the field is not the same as still making a difference when you are hurt. Cutler never did that, the others I mentioned before did.

                    With the PR nightmare that was the broncos during that meeting I am pretty sure that they could have had the jersey changed at anytime before the meeting. I dont think they would spring any jersey on a team, without talking to the teams PR department before the meeting.

                    and it is well documented that after the talks, McDaniels was calling Cutler his QB, over and over and over again. Just go back and watch his interview.
                    I pointed out that Cutler played through adversity and now you are just trying to discredit him. He played very well for a young player. He also rose above adversity, as you were claiming is needed. I fail to see how this is any different of a situation. I fail to see why he shouldn't be respected for it. Those players didn't win on their own. They did the same thing as Jay but had good TEAMS to help win.

                    They couldn't have that jersey changed. There was an article out right after that which talked about it. The jerseys were handed out right then and the picture was taken. McDaniels had no say. It is the reason he has that stupid smirk on his face....................

                    It is well documented that McDaniels only refered to him as "the player".... He never once said, "Culter is our guy", "Cutler is our QB", "Cutler has a job here".... Nothing to that affect.
                    Last edited by jhns; 05-22-2009, 11:54 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by andrewmlb View Post
                      Cutler was almost traded, thus not wanted, THEN he got upset. Get the time line right
                      Cutler was not almost traded. This near trade that you Cutlerettes like to cry about never happened. When it comes to the supposed trade attempt that would have sent Cassel to Denver and Cutler to either Detroit or Tampa Bay, nothing was ever presented to Bowlen and no offer was made to Belichick, unless you think Belichick would lie to help a former assistant. That isn't likely since he got caught cheating against another one.

                      The time line is: Cutler gets butt hurt because the Broncos take calls from at least one team that inquired about him. After two attempts to reconcile failed, Cutler requests a trade. After further attempts by the organization to reconcile fail, Cutler gets traded.

                      You get your time line straight. I got it right.
                      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                      You Mad Bro?
                      Don’t Be A Mean Girl
                      Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

                      Comment


                      • What if...

                        Here's the point I was getting at earlier. There's a reason why McD wanted to trade Cutler. As far as any of us know, this could be the source of everything.

                        http://gridironfans.com/forums/lates...-drinking.html


                        FOX31's Josina Anderson reports that a source told her Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels was intent on trading Jay Cutler for Matt Cassel because of concerns about Cutler's alcohol consumption (given his diabetes) and "that's he not that (football) sharp." "That scared the crap out of McDaniels," the source said. The source expanded their perspective of their concerns of Cutler learning and working in the Broncos' new offensive scheme. "This is a very complex situation. You have to be so smart to play his [McDaniels'] offense. [Tom] Brady and [Matt] Cassel are exceedingly smart quarterbacks. They are not the best athletes in the world but they both make really intelligent decisions. Cutler has a cannon for an arm, but he doesn't manage the game like those guys in critical situations. Brady and Cassel are workaholics. They have the stature, and they have the ability," said the source.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                          Cutler was not almost traded. This near trade that you Cutlerettes like to cry about never happened. When it comes to the supposed trade attempt that would have sent Cassel to Denver and Cutler to either Detroit or Tampa Bay, nothing was ever presented to Bowlen and no offer was made to Belichick, unless you think Belichick would lie to help a former assistant. That isn't likely since he got caught cheating against another one.

                          The time line is: Cutler gets butt hurt because the Broncos take calls from at least one team that inquired about him. After two attempts to reconcile failed, Cutler requests a trade. After further attempts by the organization to reconcile fail, Cutler gets traded.

                          You get your time line straight. I got it right.
                          They tried to trade him. That means they didn't want him. No matter how close it got, they tried to trade him
                          I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
                          I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
                          I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
                          "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
                          God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
                          Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
                            Here's the point I was getting at earlier. There's a reason why McD wanted to trade Cutler. As far as any of us know, this could be the source of everything.

                            http://gridironfans.com/forums/lates...-drinking.html
                            Wasn't this taken off their site for not having actually done any research and just speculating? This article has no merit...I said this before in a previous thread...The start of the rumor may have been related to his diabetes and not to drinking at all...I'm a paramedic, and do you happen to know what a sign of hypoglycemia is? Well, hypoglycemia will mimic being drunk. It is more conceivable that Cutler was having a sugar issue and some bonehead mistook that as him being drunk...this is just silly.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by broncolee View Post

                              The time line is: Cutler gets butt hurt because the Broncos take calls from at least one team that inquired about him. After two attempts to reconcile failed, Cutler requests a trade. After further attempts by the organization to reconcile fail, Cutler gets traded.

                              You get your time line straight. I got it right.
                              Ran across this, interesting.

                              http://www.denverpost.com/jaycutler/ci_12074331

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                                This near trade that you Cutlerettes like to cry about never happened.
                                At least us "Cutlerettes" don't need to act like 2nd graders because people don't agree with us. So, at least we have that going for us.

                                I would say it shows who the more rational ones are.

                                BTW, I'm not talking to everyone, just making a point.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X