McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by andrewmlb View Post
    You can listen, but they wanted Cassel, they would've accepted the trade if the other teams did. They didn't decline it. They tried to get it done
    Cassell got traded for a 2nd round pick. The Broncos could have gotten him if they really wanted him. McD could have tossed out a 2nd rounder, gotten Cassell and STILL made the Cutler trade and gotten 2 first rounders out of him.
    sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

I WANT WAFFLES! GO BRONCOS
      You can have waffles. You are debating and not insulting. That will always get you waffles!
      sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncobruj View Post
        I completely agree, it's a business...what has upset me about this whole situation are the fans that keep calling Cutler a cry baby for having gotten upset by the trade talks. Here is the thing, once things started going south, I saw Cutler as just trying to take care of his own business. The argument can be made both ways. The team was protecting its interests, and Cutler was protecting his. Both sides screwed the pooch on this one. What makes me angry though is how quickly fans turn on a player when he was just taking care of "business"...
        I can understand to a degree, but many of us did not appreciate the "public tactics" going on in Jay's camp. Bringing in the media and making comments that were obviously one-sided did not help the course of this thing. If anything Jay should thank Denver for sending him to a team he wanted to play for.

Comment

I WANT WAFFLES! GO BRONCOS
          No....you are not "Order" worthy..............

Comment

Cutler was the reason we even had a chance to win. You have no idea what players think or what they want from an organization. They want respect, cutler didn't receive his due respect. Also, if Marino had the worst D in the league, he wouldn't have made the playoffs once
            So the rest of the team sucks ? what about the line ? the receivers ? hilarity because that sucky defense got us to 8-5 and a 3 game lead .

Thats that the problem you already have a huge dose of 8-8 kool aid where as McDaniels is coming from some place where the SB is the beginning and the end of all expectations.

Cutler didnt receiver respect how ? He heard a rumor and spoke publicly about it before he spoke to his immediate boss or the owner with whom he had a much longer relationship and claimed to know what went on before even talking to them .

If anything Jay didnt show the organization the respect it deserved as he read with a rumor and 3rd party info . Its a maturity issue for someone that was supposed to be the face of the franchise. I think the organization understood this up to a point but in the end when a 3rd party can change your mind about your team so easily then as the coach or owner Ive got to question your dedication to the organization to begin with.
            "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton Army member #83 :logo: :smug:

Comment

• Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
              Cassell got traded for a 2nd round pick. The Broncos could have gotten him if they really wanted him. McD could have tossed out a 2nd rounder, gotten Cassell and STILL made the Cutler trade and gotten 2 first rounders out of him.
              1) The second rounder that NE got in return was the 34th overall pick. I think Denver's pick would have been the 48th pick. A pretty big difference.

2) Something about the Cassel trade to KC seemed suspicious. Many have speculated that it was because of Bellichick and Pioli's good relationship.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                I can understand to a degree, but many of us did not appreciate the "public tactics" going on in Jay's camp. Bringing in the media and making comments that were obviously one-sided did not help the course of this thing. If anything Jay should thank Denver for sending him to a team he wanted to play for.
                How many comments did he make? During the month long ordeal, I saw maybe two, three? The Broncos FO played the media much more than Cutler did...Besides, I thought everything was fair in "business"...wouldn't the media just be another tool used to leverage the other side to get what it is that you want? Seems like a solid "business" practice to me. I just get so confused by all of the folks hating on Cutler...being open about the Broncos just taking care of "business" but then being upset when a player takes care of his own "business"...seems kinda hypocritical don't ya think?

Do me a favor, read "A Few Seconds of Panic" by Stefan Fatsis...the mind games and tactics that players are subjected to in the NFL are incredible...that book made me empathize with players a whole lot more...

Comment

• http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0...r-Cassel-.html

The Broncos were willing to offer their own first-round pick (12th overall) to the Patriots for Cassel. Obviously, it was conditional upon Cutler being traded and Tampa Bay was the most likely destination, the Bucs willing to part with their first- and third-round picks.
                  The part in bold was also repeated often by WEEI (who closely cover the Patriots) when there was a huge debate over whether Belichick should have kept his word to Pioli and taken the second-round pick from his as he did or ditched him for McDaniels' offer of our first-round pick (which came after Belichick and Pioli had a verbal agreement in place).
                  Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

How many comments did he make? During the month long ordeal, I saw maybe two, three? The Broncos FO played the media much more than Cutler did...
                    That's your opinion........

Comment

• Originally posted by the-shuffler View Post
                      2) Something about the Cassel trade to KC seemed suspicious. Many have speculated that it was because of Bellichick and Pioli's good relationship.
                      I dont think Bellichik would do a favor for his own mother if she was a GM in the NFL. When it comes to football, he has a heart of solid ice.
                      sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        That's your opinion........
                        Wait, it's my opinion that Cutler only made 2-3 comments? No, either he made 2-3 comments, or he made more or he made less, I don't think this is up for interpretation, either he did or he didn't...LOL

As far as the FO using the media more...well, that can be substantially proven...how many comments did McDaniels make during the whole thing compared to Cutler? Twice as much, three times as much? How many interviews for each side during the ordeal?

Comment

Wait, it's my opinion that Cutler only made 2-3 comments? No, either he made 2-3 comments, or he made more or he made less, I don't think this is up for interpretation, either he did or he didn't...LOL

As far as the FO using the media more...well, that can be substantially proven...how many comments did McDaniels make during the whole thing compared to Cutler? Twice as much, three times as much? How many interviews for each side during the ordeal?
                          I think Can was talking about your statement that the Broncos FO worked the media more.

While, yes, the Broncos did talk more, NOT TALKING says just as much. Besides, the whole houses-for-sale thing, going into hiding, going back to TN....that is working the media as well. Just not vocally.
                          sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

• Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
                            I think Can was talking about your statement that the Broncos FO worked the media more.

While, yes, the Broncos did talk more, NOT TALKING says just as much. Besides, the whole houses-for-sale thing, going into hiding, going back to TN....that is working the media as well. Just not vocally.
                            Was he also working the media when he shipped his stuff back to Denver so that he could report to camp?

Comment

Relax........it's not the number I was referring to......

Please don't go "detail" on me. It has nothing to do with the number. It has to do with the intent.

I've already made the mistake of discussing this matter again......as I say so often, "have the last say"........

Comment

Was he also working the media when he shipped his stuff back to Denver so that he could report to camp?
                                After he was going to be traded? To me, that screams "damage control."
                                sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Working...
                                X