Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncoinseattle View Post
    Which means what?
    It means that QB pryotechnics are not needed, or even the most common way, to get a SB win. What wins superbowls is a good team. Sometimes that team also has a good quarterback, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they have a good QB coming off a mediocre year or a guy losing a step at the end of his career. Don't forget that's how we won our two SBs.

Excessive focus on the QB position is not the road to playoff success.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
      The city of Denver will have a few years of world tissue supplies sent to them by the end of this season. There is no need to give me one. I have gotten pleanty already. You need to save yours for when you realize what just happened to this team.
      You sound so sure.

McDaniels has yet to coach a single game, Orton has yet to throw a single pass from scrimmage (that counts anyway), and our defense hasn't played a single down yet, and you already have the grave dug for our team.

Is the sky falling chicken little?

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
        You sound so sure.

McDaniels has yet to coach a single game, Orton has yet to throw a single pass from scrimmage (that counts anyway), and our defense hasn't played a single down yet, and you already have the grave dug for our team.

Is the sky falling chicken little?
        If the broncos suck this year, will you say that McD is an idiot, crazy8?
        I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
        I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
        I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
        "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
        God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
        Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewmlb View Post
          If the broncos suck this year, will you say that McD is an idiot, crazy8?
          That's what I want to know, if Broncos have a worse season than last, who are people going to blame?

Comment

• Originally posted by nea View Post
            That's what I want to know, if Broncos have a worse season than last, who are people going to blame?
            I have a whole list of people that I am anxious to here from if the broncos suck. A lot of rah rah fans who think we're the best. I for one will admit my stupidity and will hail McD the best coach ever if we have a better record than last year
            "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1

Comment

I have a whole list of people that I am anxious to here from if the broncos suck. A lot of rah rah fans who think we're the best. I for one will admit my stupidity and will hail McD the best coach ever if we have a better record than last year
              Me too, but I will bet most on that hailed Orton the next coming, that they will make excuses for him, unlike they do with Cutler same with McDaniels. they will still blame Cutler LOL!!!!!!

Comment

So, who thinks the Broncos are the best?

And so what if fans are "rah-rah"? Is that not allowed? Why does this annoy you?

It's like you and people like you are not happy unless everyone is as miserable as you are.

Comment

So, who thinks the Broncos are the best?

And so what if fans are "rah-rah"? Is that not allowed? Why does this annoy you?

It's like you and people like you are not happy unless everyone is as miserable as you are.
                  ***? Who said anything about miserable? Why because so far we disagree with the coach and what's been done? We just do not wear rose colored glasses. I am full of JOY JOY, I am just not in denial.

Comment

***? Who said anything about miserable? Why because so far we disagree with the coach and what's been done? We just do not wear rose colored glasses. I am full of JOY JOY, I am just not delusional.
                    I second that sentiment.

Comment

***? Who said anything about miserable? Why because so far we disagree with the coach and what's been done? We just do not wear rose colored glasses. I am full of JOY JOY, I am just not in denial.
                      *nods head in agreement*

Comment

So you're happy? Good!

So why not let people have their opinions? If you feel they're in denial, then how is it your problem?

Comment

So you're happy? Good!

So why not let people have their opinions? If you feel they're in denial, then how is it your problem?
                          The same could be said to you, as I recall you compared me to "miserable".

Comment

So you're happy? Good!

Where have I not let people have there opinion? Opinions are like aholes everyone has one, nothing I can do about it!! I feel some are in denial and like to call us realists non true fans or whatever. So I am curious as to what they will say if ( and I hope not) the Broncos tank this year.

Comment

• And another thing, know this, I LOVE MY TEAM!! no matter what, win, lose whatever. That doesn't mean I have to like or agree with what's been done or what will be done.

Comment

Where have I not let people have there opinion? Opinions are like aholes everyone has one, nothing I can do about it!! I feel some are in denial and like to call us realists non true fans or whatever. So I am curious as to what they will say if ( and I hope not) the Broncos tank this year.
                                I get that, but I don't see why your self-proclaimed "realist" outlook is superior above someone who thinks we'll be good this year? Nobody knows.

My particular opinion is that I don't think it's unrealistic for us to be a 7 to 9 win team this year. I'm basing this on a few things such as our O-line, our receivers, and our secondary. I don't think Kyle Orton is great by any means. But, I also don't think we need Kyle Orton to be great. It's my opinion that all we need from Kyle Orton is for him to be efficient. We simply need him to be patient, move the chains, and avoid making mistakes. I believe he's capable of that.

As far as our defense. Scheme can only take you so far, but it helps. We have some unrealized potential in the front 7. I don't think we're going to be stellar in the front 7, but I don't think we need to be. I think we simply need to be adequate and don't give up big plays. I believe we have potential to generate a few more turnovers based on our secondary alone. Another thing that can't be ignored is the potential improvement of our special teams coverage.

I honestly don't know what we'll be this season, but I see potential for the Broncos to be decent. Not great, but decent. I don't see it as a huge step back.

The only way I see it as a huge step back is if we try to win like we won last year. If we put everything on Orton's shoulders, then I agree that we'll be very disappointed. But, if things are called right, and we have a good offensive balance that leans a little more to the run. If we focus on time of possession, and we don't make stupid mistakes, I think we'll be alright. I think Orton can make some plays and help us win, but we can't put it all on Orton.
                                Last edited by Crazy8; 06-01-2009, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X