• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
    Good idea!

Everytime I get out, they pull me back in!
    LOL!

It's like a "bloodsport" rush......you know it's bad for you, but you just find yourself going back!

Leave a comment:

• McSmashie
    replied
    Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I'm not interested in venturing too far into this debate
    Good idea!

Everytime I get out, they pull me back in!

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Originally posted by broncobruj View Post
    Link please...
    I'm not interested in venturing too far into this debate, but he did refer to Cassell as "the player" when he was asked about the alleged trade deal with the Patriots for him. It's common language with McDaniels.

Leave a comment:

• broncobruj
    replied
    Originally posted by KO8pectate View Post
    He referred to Cassel as "the player" often as well and hes known him for years .

Just another over exaggerated media soundbite .
    Link please...

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    He referred to Cassel as "the player" often as well and hes known him for years .

Agreed!

Now folks are into "grasping".........

Anyway......I am going out now, and again realize that this interaction on old stuff is bad for your health. It's a waste of time.

This thread needs to go peacefully into the night....

Leave a comment:

• McSmashie
    replied

I did not know that one. Thanks for the info.

Leave a comment:

• broncobruj
    replied
    Did anyone in the Broncos organization slaughter Cutler when he made rookie mistakes? No.

Why couldnt Cutler extend that same understanding to McD?

Ok, on this whole Pro Bowl QB thing. Im sorry, if the voting was concluded AFTER the regular season, Cutler would not have been a PBer. Both Chad Pennington and (as much as it hurts me to say this) Philip Rivers should have been there over him.

So many of the Cutler-fanatics quote this Pro Bowl thing. He was by far and away the least deserving of the Pro Bowl QBs. Yeh, he had gaudy passing yards, but they didnt translate to what we really needs, points and wins.
    Here we go again...when you have one of the worst defenses in the league not doing you any favors and giving you the worst starting field position in the league, it's kinda hard to put up as many points as we did. I bet I can count on one hand the offenses and QB's that could have done what we did offensively with what was given to us by our defense and special teams...you can't rest our failures last year solely at the feet of Cutler. You can mostly blame our defense and special teams, and you can also lay a lot of blame on the coaching for not calling more runs. Then again, I can't blame the coaching too much for being gun shy about calling running plays when we were dropping RB's like flies...hell, we even had to pull one out of a Denver mall kiosk for the last game...

Leave a comment:

• KO8pectate
    replied
    Wasn't it damage control when McDaniels finally started Cutler by his actual name instead of just "the player"?

Leave a comment:

• McSmashie
    replied
    It's really too bad we had to lose our PB stud QB so that McDaniels could learn a lesson on how to handle the media...inexcusable...
    Did anyone in the Broncos organization slaughter Cutler when he made rookie mistakes? No.

Why couldnt Cutler extend that same understanding to McD?

Ok, on this whole Pro Bowl QB thing. Im sorry, if the voting was concluded AFTER the regular season, Cutler would not have been a PBer. Both Chad Pennington and (as much as it hurts me to say this) Philip Rivers should have been there over him.

So many of the Cutler-fanatics quote this Pro Bowl thing. He was by far and away the least deserving of the Pro Bowl QBs. Yeh, he had gaudy passing yards, but they didnt translate to what we really needs, points and wins.

Leave a comment:

• broncobruj
    replied
    Bill is a master of what he does. He has had YEARS of experience inside the locker room and in front of the media. Never forget that everything Bill does is calculated to the nth degree.

McD is learning as he goes. He is young and new to being a HC. He is going to make mistakes. Yes, even at this level. All new coaches have to learn media savvy. It will take time. I think that if you watch his pressers and interviews at OTAs, he seems to be making progress as we speak.
    It's really too bad we had to lose our PB stud QB so that McDaniels could learn a lesson on how to handle the media...inexcusable...

Leave a comment:

• McSmashie
    replied
    I don't know, I've heard Belicheck refer to Brady as either Tom or Brady, never "the player"...
    Bill is a master of what he does. He has had YEARS of experience inside the locker room and in front of the media. Never forget that everything Bill does is calculated to the nth degree.

McD is learning as he goes. He is young and new to being a HC. He is going to make mistakes. Yes, even at this level. All new coaches have to learn media savvy. It will take time. I think that if you watch his pressers and interviews at OTAs, he seems to be making progress as we speak.

Leave a comment:

• broncobruj
    replied
    Remember where McD comes from. In NE, Brady is on the same level as everyone else. They have a culture where no one is higher than anyone else. That is where "the player" thing comes from.
    I don't know, I've heard Belicheck refer to Brady as either Tom or Brady, never "the player"...

Leave a comment:

• McSmashie
    replied
    Wasn't it damage control when McDaniels finally started Cutler by his actual name instead of just "the player"?
    Remember where McD comes from. In NE, Brady is on the same level as everyone else. They have a culture where no one is higher than anyone else. That is where "the player" thing comes from.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Was he also working the media when he shipped his stuff back to Denver so that he could report to camp?
    Seeing as this is to Smash and not me......I'm making a comment.....

Some of these details are inconsequential in light of the bigger picture stuff.....and the things none of us were privy to.

I will end on this......imo, there were several things that I wouldn't have said/done if I were in Jay's camp. That's it.

Leave a comment:

• broncobruj
    replied
    After he was going to be traded? To me, that screams "damage control."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X