No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no way dude... Champ, Marshall nor anybody else was there too.... OMG! we have a bunch of classes role models

Comment

• V-v-v-v-v-vacation...ation...ation....tion...tion

Comment

• So, Jay left on Monday, December 29, 2008, at 3:00 pm because Vanderbilt was in a Bowl game for the first time in like, well, FOREVER! Ask Cutlerfan about it. So, although I was annoyed at Jay leaving but then I realized why he went and I'm still annoyed but he needed to be there.

Comment

• hell if i was a Quarterback of a team that blew its playoff chances in the final 3 games either by my own fault or by the defense being so inept... I would want to get away from it all.

Most players in any league DO NOT think about their sport until its necessary to do so. They most likely overloaded on the sport as it is, mentally they need to recharge.

Cutler of course could have had come out and said anything but on the other hand what does he say? "Oh that was a good hire." "I dont like the hiring, Bowlen should have given Shanahan one more year."

I think he's learned enough that in order to give a clear message he needs to take his emotions out of the equation. I really dont expect him to say anything, if anything his performance in 09 should speak either he's buying into the New Coaches system or refuses to change by throwing a tantrum with his playing
          McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
            hell if i was a Quarterback of a team that blew its playoff chances in the final 3 games either by my own fault or by the defense being so inept... I would want to get away from it all.

Most players in any league DO NOT think about their sport until its necessary to do so. They most likely overloaded on the sport as it is, mentally they need to recharge.

Cutler of course could have had come out and said anything but on the other hand what does he say? "Oh that was a good hire." "I dont like the hiring, Bowlen should have given Shanahan one more year."

I think he's learned enough that in order to give a clear message he needs to take his emotions out of the equation. I really dont expect him to say anything, if anything his performance in 09 should speak either he's buying into the New Coaches system or refuses to change by throwing a tantrum with his playing
            I would say that um, a lot of professional sports players think about the game they play more often than we think. Baseball players do and well, football players do too. They keep up with their strength and conditioning so that they can be in prime condition for the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by I_Only_Like_Jay View Post
              I would say that um, a lot of professional sports players think about the game they play more often than we think. Baseball players do and well, football players do too. They keep up with their strength and conditioning so that they can be in prime condition for the season.
              Actually no, the older you get the more you spend less time working on your sport.

Most older baseball players 25+ spend less time working on their sport... well cus family and everything.

Same goes with most sports player.

There are some that are hard nose dedicated but like most people, everyone needs a vacation even if its for a month or two weeks.
              McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

• Originally posted by I_Only_Like_Jay View Post
                There's a difference between staying in shape and actually talking,thinking, discussing X's and O's in the offseason. The players I know/knew were ready to escape football and get out of town and not think about X's and O's until the OTA's/Minicamps. Just what I've seen though, not applicable to all players.

Comment

• I'm still waiting for additional information regarding Cutler not returning Bowlen's phone calls...
                  sigpic

Comment

• I hear that a lot of the Rockies players play winter ball.

Comment

• Oh god....Seriously?
                      sigpic

Comment

• I don't remember seeing ANY players from ANY team at ANY of the new coach press conferences.

Didn't see Brady Quinn at Mangini's..

Didn't see Petyon Manning at Jim Caldwell's

Didn't see Matt Hasselbeck at Jim Mora's...

and doubt we will see anyone at Detroit, NY Jets, St. Louis, or KC.

It's not the norm. I actually don't remember seeing Elway at Shanny's. I could be wrong but I don't remember it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
                          It is called the OFF SEASON! Furthermore, it was also noted that several of Bowlen's calls to Cutler went unreturned. So maybe we aren't making something out of nothing.
                          Let me preface this by saying I am not calling you a liar, but where did you hear that? The reason I ask is because if this is true I am wondering why I have not heard or seen this in the local media who would use this to create controversy about the hiring, valid or unvalid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                            Let me preface this by saying I am not calling you a liar, but where did you hear that? The reason I ask is because if this is true I am wondering why I have not heard or seen this in the local media who would use this to create controversy about the hiring, valid or unvalid.
                            I made it clear in my OP-sports radio fm 104.3 the fan! For mojo, that is where they made mention of the many calls from Bowlen going unreturned.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
                              I brought this up on another board and the local sports radio touched briefly on it here tonight. I want to know how Bronco Country feels about this:

I understand that Cutler left Denver immediately after the season ended for vacation.

We also know Bowlen referred to Jay Cutler as "the man around here now." We also know that Bowlen would listen to input from certain players but most definitely Cutler.

In the past, and with other teams in situations like this, the QB or team star(s) are present for an event like this.

So I ask all of you, is there something to be taken from the fact that Cutler was not there for the press conference and the silence since the naming of Josh McDaniels?

Yes, he's pouting. My thirteen year old daughter pouts, then stopps pouting and does what she is told. He will be fine. Winning cures just about everything. Jay is a competetive guy, he likes to win, and he probably thought Shanahan gave them the best chance to do that, and probably thinks Bates gives them the best chance to do that, but he will get over it when the yards, and the points, and the wins start rolling in.
                              All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

• well if Cutler has a problem with this hiring, one of a couple things will happen.

he'll make the most of it, and carry on

he'll perform poorly and get his ass benched, and possibly traded or cut.

or he'll be replaced.

he can either fight it and go against the tide, or he can come along for the ride and see how things pan out.

personally I could care less. I like Jay, but if he's gonna be a baby about all this, then I'm sure we'll have no trouble finding a quality QB to replace him with.

I'm sure a trade for some draft picks would be feasible.

Comment

Working...
                                X