McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I'm still waiting for additional information regarding Cutler not returning Bowlen's phone calls...
    Bowlen said that on the news when asked if he had already talked to Cutler. He said he left a bunch of messages but no calls back...
    He also acknowledged that Cutler was on vacation....
    sigpic
    I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

• Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
      I brought this up on another board and the local sports radio touched briefly on it here tonight. I want to know how Bronco Country feels about this:

I understand that Cutler left Denver immediately after the season ended for vacation.

We also know Bowlen referred to Jay Cutler as "the man around here now." We also know that Bowlen would listen to input from certain players but most definitely Cutler.

In the past, and with other teams in situations like this, the QB or team star(s) are present for an event like this.

So I ask all of you, is there something to be taken from the fact that Cutler was not there for the press conference and the silence since the naming of Josh McDaniels?
      I hate speculating and assuming. He hasn't said anything, let's not make a mountain out of a molehill here.
      Jay Cutler is always put in a lose-lose situation isn't he? If he speaks...he says "the wrong things" if he doesn't speak it's "omg he hasn't said anything...."
      Originally posted by armybroncofan
      ...Remember one thing, the paper tiger is always right ...
      Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. -Tyler Durden [Fight Club]

Comment

• Maybe Cutler read the message board and was too busy getting his helmet refitted to return the phone calls...

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueDamsel View Post
          Maybe Cutler read the message board and was too busy getting his helmet refitted to return the phone calls...
          ****, you nailed it!
          Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. -Tyler Durden [Fight Club]

Comment

• Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
            It is called the OFF SEASON! Furthermore, it was also noted that several of Bowlen's calls to Cutler went unreturned. So maybe we aren't making something out of nothing.
            Last time I heard about Cutler, he was at Vandy's Bowl game, haha. Don't know why he wouldn't respond to Bowlen's calls though.

Comment

• Originally posted by AtwaterHITS27 View Post
              Last time I heard about Cutler, he was at Vandy's Bowl game, haha. Don't know why he wouldn't respond to Bowlen's calls though.
              I don't think he responds to anyones calls or texts. I remember Marshall said he texted Cutler after the Buffalo game and Cutler never replied to him.
              LOL.

Comment

• :hammer:
                Originally posted by Overtime View Post
                well if Cutler has a problem with this hiring, one of a couple things will happen.

he'll make the most of it, and carry on

he'll perform poorly and get his ass benched, and possibly traded or cut.

or he'll be replaced.

he can either fight it and go against the tide, or he can come along for the ride and see how things pan out.

personally I could care less. I like Jay, but if he's gonna be a baby about all this, then I'm sure we'll have no trouble finding a quality QB to replace him with.

I'm sure a trade for some draft picks would be feasible.
                Bowlen fires a HoF coach and then possibly alienates the franchise QB and you want to make it sound like Cutler is the moron.

The phone call thing may have come from the press conf where Bowlen announced Shanahan was fired. Iirc he said he could not get through to Cutler the day it happened or something to that effect but he did eventually talk to him and it sounded like Cutler gave Bowlen no feedback.

Bowlen is older and should understand this means Cutler is pissed off but who is going to tell the guy who hires you and can fire you this? Maybe a more established vetern QB would be expected to voice his opinion but not only is Cutler young but he really has not done anything feel he has the right to speak out.

Jay did say he could not believe Shanahan was fired. Has has said many a times he is fond of Bates who may be leaving.

Who knows how Cutler is taking all of this but I hope it all works out or I will be calling for the head of Bowlen
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by paper tiger View Post
                  I don't think he responds to anyones calls or texts. I remember Marshall said he texted Cutler after the Buffalo game and Cutler never replied to him.
                  LOL.
                  Oh no, is there a rift between Cutler and Marshall? Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, this should have a whole other thread just for this news...

Comment

• Originally posted by I_Only_Like_Jay View Post
                    Oh no, is there a rift between Cutler and Marshall? Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, this should have a whole other thread just for this news...

lol
                    Marshall just popped over to his house to see how he was doing since he didn't get a response.
                    Marshall and Cutler are BFFF's..nothing could tear them apart.

Comment

• Originally posted by paper tiger View Post
                      lol
                      Marshall just popped over to his house to see how he was doing since he didn't get a response.
                      Marshall and Cutler are BFFF's..nothing could tear them apart.
                      I could write a bit of fiction and change that... Just kidding.

Comment

• Vacation
                        All I ever wanted
                        Vacation
                        Had to get away
                        Vacation
                        Meant to be spent alone.......

Comment

• Do you think the moron knowing it's Pat Bowlen that he would want to return the call?
                          What a numbskull that guy is!
                          sigpic
                          I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

• Cutler was probably out banging some Charger Cheerleaders
                            sigpic
                            In the 13 games Orton started, the Broncos scored touchdowns inside the red zone on 17 of 104 trips (one on a Tebow run). With Tebow as the starter, the Broncos scored touchdowns 6-of-8 times inside the 20.

Comment

• Would you come back from vacation to see your new manager?

Comment

• Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
                                Would you come back from vacation to see your new manager?
                                No. I would just wait until I get home to meet them.

Comment

Working...
                                X