No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree Cutler needs to bite his lip a little more, but this was a big screwup on McDaniels part. If they don't hold a press conference, this will never blow over....

Originally posted by HorseStance View Post
    Yup he needs to grow up and man up and not give them the sulky silent treatment.

Air it out!
    Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)

Comment

• Idk why i refreshed the pg too see that talks have stalled i was happy cause shefter said its done but cbs4 made me sad

:cutler::cutler::cutler::cutler:

Comment

• Well, someway I can understand Jay... I would be very upset either... I mean: McDaniels comes to Denver and says "Jay is my QB"... then he goes out there and shows that Jay is not his QB, that he actually prefers another QB sooo badly that he is even willed to give away a first round pick... now all those things don't work out and suddenly Jay is supposed to come into the office and act like all of this had not happened...

I mean, I can understand that he is not feeling wanted in Denver anymore by the organization... let's hope that he knows that he is wanted by the FANS!
        sigpic

BRING BACK ORANGE!!

Comment

• god i hope he does, but i dont blame him if he doesnt, at least for a while.

Comment

• He's pissed and he has a right to be. I was fine with letting Shannahan go his defensive scheme was flawed and he seemed ok with that. I thought McDaniels was a good hire. But if he thinks Cassel is more valuable than Cutler it calls his judgement into serious question. Now Cutler will most likely leave as soon as he can, and who's to blame him. What a [email protected]#$ move by the new coach and GM. Bowlen should be saying something. Where is he on this?

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
              He was wrong because he reported the Broncos HADN'T agreed to terms with Dawkins.

And again, we've heard COUNTLESS other sources give different information in which the Broncos did indeed seriously consider the offer. How are they all wrong and Schefter is right? Because he talked to Xanders, McDaniels, and Bowlen personally? Do you think any of those three are reliable?

It was quite clear that Jay was under the impression he was on the verge of being traded. Call that a misunderstanding or whatever, but Cutler likely got that information from his agent, who the Broncos stopped talking to last night.

I just don't buy for a second that two teams made virtually the same inquiry and offered identical trades, and the Broncos were just a victim of answering the phone. And I don't understand why once the story was leaked, no one contacted Jay to assure him it wasn't true, and why they stopped talking to his agent.
              just because theres a bunch of sources saying it doesnt make it true, thats what is called a rumor when its all speculative. Yet in the same paragraph you pretty much state that you would take these "sources" information over what the big 3 say? Need I say more?
              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Jay Cutler and Bus Cook - a match made in hell

So now we know Cutler doesn't plan on meeting with the Broncos, and I'd bet dollars to donuts that was Bus Cook's advice. Let them sweat it out, he says.

Cutler's attitude and decision-making problems are becoming more and more prominent.

And don't for one minute think that Bus Cook wasn't the one who helped spread all this crap around on Friday. The Boston Globe is being given credit for it, but knowing Cook....

Comment

• UGH this sucks
                  Proud Sigma Chi at UT Chattanooga

Comment

• Cutler Has Nothing to Fix

Originally posted by DaChAmPiShErE24 View Post
                    Come on Jay get your butt in there and fix this.
                    Cutler didn't create this mess. McDaniels and Bowlen need to kiss his ass.

Comment

• Haha honestly it gets better and better. I honestly think that they have been talking but now Cutler or whoever is just saying this crap for blog hits. Cutler will be back no doubt.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                        Let's see. The Broncos fired Mike Shanahan, which Jay wasn't in support of. He asked that they at least keep Jeremy Bates, and the Broncos don't ablige. Then he meets with McDaniels and is assured that he will be the focal point of this team, only to have him (McD) turnaround and try and trade him away for a guy from his old team. Then, when his agent is trying to get to the bottom of things, the Broncos sever communication with their side.

And to boot, McDaniels again lies to the media and fans by saying they weren't trying to trade Cutler, when all reports indicate they were, and the deal fell through.

Yeah, if I were Jay I'd be royally upset too, and not dropping everything to meet with these people.
                        well said. mcdaniels is 32 yrs old, and i think hes the one being childish, treating our broncos like hes playing madden 09

Comment

• Cutler's Agent Speaks on Cutler Fiasco

Broncos coach finds himself at odds with Cutler
                          By ARNIE STAPLETON, AP Sports Writer
                          33 minutes ago

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP)—Trade talks involving Jay Cutler have strained the relationship between the Denver Broncos’ franchise quarterback and new coach Josh McDaniels.

Before Matt Cassel was traded from New England to Kansas City on Saturday, Cutler’s name came up in a proposed three-way deal with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers that would have brought Cassel to Denver and landed Cutler in South Florida.

McDaniels was the Patriots’ offensive coordinator last season when he helped guide Cassel, a career backup since high school, to an 11-5 record following Tom Brady’s season-ending knee injury on opening weekend.

Cutler, the 11th overall pick out of Vanderbilt in the 2006 draft, told The Denver Post he was angry that his name even came up in trade talks and said he still feels he’s on the trading block—something McDaniels denies.

“We don’t want to trade Jay. We never did. He’s our quarterback,” McDaniels told the newspaper.

McDaniels noted that the Broncos didn’t initiate the trade talks, only listened. Left unsaid, however, was anything about whether the Broncos nixed the proposed deal.

Cutler, the face of this franchise, isn’t convinced that the Broncos aren’t still trying to trade him.

“I’m upset. I mean, I’m really shocked at this point,” Cutler told The Post. “I could see why they want Cassel. I don’t know if they think I can’t run the system or I don’t have the skills for it. Or if they don’t think they can sign me with my next contract. I just don’t know what it is. I’ve heard I’m still on the trading block.”

Cutler’s agent, Bus Cook, said his client had every right to be upset with the Broncos for even entertaining an offer for the Pro Bowl quarterback.

“Because that’s a vote of no confidence in the guy,” Cook told The Associated Press on Sunday. “I don’t care if you’re talking about trading him for Matt Cassel, Matt Ryan or Tom Brady. That’s a vote of no confidence in him, and that’s how Jay sees it and I would, too.

“I don’t know if they were actively seeking to trade Jay, but on the other hand, I don’t know that they were turning a deaf ear to potential offers, either.”

Even if the Broncos didn’t initiate the trade talks, Cook argued that Cutler has every right to be upset.

“What led people to believe that there’s a possibility that Jay Cutler could be traded? Somewhere somebody had to give the inclination that he’s on the block,” Cook said. “Why else would you call? Nobody’s going to call the Giants and ask for Eli. Nobody’s calling the Colts asking about Peyton. Brady? Come on. So, why call Denver and ask about Jay?

“And if they do call, why not say, ‘That’s not for discussion. What else do you want?”’

A Broncos spokesman told The AP on Sunday that neither McDaniels, newly promoted general manager Brian Xanders nor team owner Pat Bowlen would have anything else to say publicly about the matter.

The organization felt it had adequately addressed the issue by talking to The Post and didn’t want to perpetuate the story, team spokesman Patrick Smyth said.

It’s certain however, to have long, long legs in this football-crazed state where John Elway won two Super Bowls in the 1990s and where Cutler raised eyebrows last season by comparing his arm strength to that of Elway in his prime.

It was all anybody wanted to debate on sports talk radio Sunday, not the free agency signing of seven-time Pro Bowl safety Brian Dawkins.

Some blamed the 25-year-old Cutler’s immaturity for the controversy, others pinned the blame on McDaniels’ naivete for not realizing his talented, young quarterback would react the way he did.

Cutler, who has three years left on his six-year deal he signed as a rookie, is by far the best player McDaniels inherited from Mike Shanahan, who had built a terrific young offense around the quarterback even while neglecting a defense that more than anything probably led to his firing.

Cutler told The Post he feels his relationship with McDaniels has “taken a few steps backward.”

“I don’t know if the relationship is irreconcilably broken,” Cook said. “But I know that as much as he’s meant to the organization and that ballclub, if there were attempts to trade him, then I think Jay Cutler is 100 percent right to be more than just a little bit miffed.”

Cutler is 17-20 with no playoff appearances since supplanting Jake Plummer late in the 2006 season, and he’s known for his petulant, moody personality in his dealings with teammates and the media alike.

“There’s an awful lot of smoke for there not to be a fire,” Cook said. “If they were in fact trying to trade Jay Cutler, then I think that’s a situation that’s going to cause a very serious problem for the organization.

“If they weren’t, maybe he forgives and forgets. But if they were, that’s going to be a very difficult situation to repair.”
                          http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Comment

• Don't blame Cutler for being upset but don't forget that this is a business bottom line! Are all of us on the board always happy with how we are treated and how things go at our jobs? Jay needs to remember that it isn't about him. It is about the Broncos. He is 1 part.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ch1ggs View Post
                              Jay Cutler can get the hell out of town if this is going to be his attitude from here on out.

Why most of you refuse to call out Jay for his childish behavior is beyond me.
                              I agree that Jay Cutler needs to man up here. But it is just as foolish not to call out the FO for their stupidity during this entire thing. I mean I still don't know if they were actively trading Cutler or not! If you take them for their word then Cutler is in the wrong. But if you listen to the numerous reports that say he was indeed being shopped then what can you expect? Management has basically been playing him from day one...

There is nothing wrong with fielding calls for players. But do deny them is very offputting!
                              http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...uff/hillis.gif

Comment

• Here's a video to view

from nfl access...just more discussion about it and what will happen.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f041dd
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X