Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1. dont force it, but when the deep ball is there, please try to give the reciever a chance. you have no idea how much i was tearing at my hair after cutler missed a few wide open passes the royal or marshall.
    2. josh barrett develope into an adequate starter
    3. jake williams climb to the nickel CB spot
    4. lets limit the RB injures to.....six now. baby steps.
    5. eddie royal win the league MVP......
    disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

    Comment


    • Goals-

      1) Get a defense

      2) Get a RB

      Comment


      • Ditto on the kick returns..

        Also, I'd like to see the orange jerseys again, Peyton and our other RB's bringing back the Mile High Salute and lots of takeaways and INT's also.

        Comment


        • Goals for the message board staff?

          Bigger contracts.

          Thanks, Reid!
          sigpic
          Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

          Comment


          • So what exactly is McDaniels doing to the Broncos?

            I know most of you will give instant approval of any move McDaniels makes.

            But I'm really trying to make sense of things..

            We added:

            1. Two RBs
            2. 10mil WR and another WR
            3. 5.3mil Longsnapper
            4. 36 and 30 yr old safeties
            5. Pursuing another LB.

            If i'm not mistaken, RB, WR, Longsnapper, and LB isn't exactly part of our glaring needs. With 7 RBs going down and recovering + tatum in the mix, why exactly did we need two RBs?

            WIth Bmarsh, ROyal, and Stokely, DJax barely got the ball why did we need two WRs?

            What was wrong with Mike Leach? from what I understand he did very well. to pay 5.3 mill for a LS?

            Linebackers were one of our better depth positions and new talents coming in with Larsen, Woodyard, Bailey, DJ, and Doom+Moss moving to LB.

            I don't mind safeties, but Dawkins is 36, hopefully he can perform.

            So what exactly is going on.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by AyanBronco View Post
              I know most of you will give instant approval of any move McDaniels makes.

              But I'm really trying to make sense of things..

              We added:

              1. Two RBs
              2. 10mil WR and another WR
              3. 5.3mil Longsnapper
              4. 36 and 30 yr old safeties
              5. Pursuing another LB.

              If i'm not mistaken, RB, WR, Longsnapper, and LB isn't exactly part of our glaring needs. With 7 RBs going down and recovering + tatum in the mix, why exactly did we need two RBs?

              WIth Bmarsh, ROyal, and Stokely, DJax barely got the ball why did we need two WRs?

              What was wrong with Mike Leach? from what I understand he did very well. to pay 5.3 mill for a LS?

              Linebackers were one of our better depth positions and new talents coming in with Larsen, Woodyard, Bailey, DJ, and Doom+Moss moving to LB.

              I don't mind safeties, but Dawkins is 36, hopefully he can perform.

              So what exactly is going on.
              He is trying to build a team of leaders that can teacher our young guys . we have a lot of young guys on the team now with at least 8 more draft picks this year.
              I am sorry about my spelling and grammar . Please: understand i have dyslexia , but I love my Broncos.:go:

              Comment


              • There are so many needs on this team we cannot hope to address them all through the draft.

                By addressing runningback early in FA then that can be considered done and attention can be focused on other area.

                There may be areas we have not addressed .... yet

                but we have the ability to now make efforts to get D-line and LB in the remaining FA and Draft

                Perhaps these players we have signed so far were ready to sign now and other propects want to do a series of visits. I am sure we are on the list of places to check out for available defenders looking for a place to move to....

                time will tell

                we have started well.... keep it going coach

                :go:

                Comment


                • instant approval or instant criticism

                  how about we wait and see how things pan out? but i realize this is an instant gratification society and that's just how we're programmed.....i'm more on the instant approval side until he shows he f'd things up

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
                    instant approval or instant criticism

                    how about we wait and see how things pan out? but i realize this is an instant gratification society and that's just how we're programmed.....i'm more on the instant approval side until he shows he f'd things up
                    Why don't we all just stop discussing and wait until the season is over and see how we did?

                    Sorry, but the entire purpose of a "discussion forum" is so we can *discuss."

                    At this point, I didn't see the OP whining, just pointing out some discrepancies between what we thought we needed and what our coaches/management are actually doing.

                    That's a valid subject in a *discussion forum.*
                    You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by AyanBronco View Post
                      I know most of you will give instant approval of any move McDaniels makes.

                      But I'm really trying to make sense of things..

                      We added:

                      1. Two RBs
                      2. 10mil WR and another WR
                      3. 5.3mil Longsnapper
                      4. 36 and 30 yr old safeties
                      5. Pursuing another LB.

                      If i'm not mistaken, RB, WR, Longsnapper, and LB isn't exactly part of our glaring needs. With 7 RBs going down and recovering + tatum in the mix, why exactly did we need two RBs?

                      WIth Bmarsh, ROyal, and Stokely, DJax barely got the ball why did we need two WRs?

                      What was wrong with Mike Leach? from what I understand he did very well. to pay 5.3 mill for a LS?

                      Linebackers were one of our better depth positions and new talents coming in with Larsen, Woodyard, Bailey, DJ, and Doom+Moss moving to LB.

                      I don't mind safeties, but Dawkins is 36, hopefully he can perform.

                      So what exactly is going on.
                      I think Mike shanahan is pulling MCD's strings. lol ok i kid.

                      Any person we sign on Defense is a need. LB is a need. Spencer Larsen while i think he can get the job done is not bonafide. and if he fails Davis can step in and preform. he's been in the 3-4 all along so he wont need alot of coaching up.

                      Dawkins is a team leader something we have been missing. Between him and champ they will line up the DB something we got killed last year due to the youthful mistakes. Thats even IF he signs.

                      Just about every linebacker you listed is a unknown on how he will preform. if denver doesnt sign anyone that fits the scheme and the guys we already do have dont preform we have someone that can step in.
                      The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                      While he sits by his hearth at home.
                      Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                      That he knows nothing at all.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by rogue719 View Post
                        Why don't we all just stop discussing and wait until the season is over and see how we did?

                        Sorry, but the entire purpose of a "discussion forum" is so we can *discuss."

                        At this point, I didn't see the OP whining, just pointing out some discrepancies between what we thought we needed and what our coaches/management are actually doing.

                        That's a valid subject in a *discussion forum.*
                        true....i think was pisses me off is how sure people are that something is definitely the 'wrong' way to do something...as if they're some sort of expert....but that's what makes this country great, any numbskull can say whatever they want without reprisal...until i call them a numbskull anyway

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by thehighlander View Post
                          There are so many needs on this team we cannot hope to address them all through the draft.

                          By addressing runningback early in FA then that can be considered done and attention can be focused on other area.

                          There may be areas we have not addressed .... yet

                          but we have the ability to now make efforts to get D-line and LB in the remaining FA and Draft

                          Perhaps these players we have signed so far were ready to sign now and other propects want to do a series of visits. I am sure we are on the list of places to check out for available defenders looking for a place to move to....

                          time will tell

                          we have started well.... keep it going coach

                          :go:
                          Uhhhh Buckhalter and Arrington are hardly answers to our RB issues.

                          Comment


                          • he's building through the draft the players we picked up an free agency are vets we have alot of youth on the team there for leadership

                            Comment


                            • Here is what I had fun doing yesterday when a player was announced, I went looking at stats and articles to try to find what they saw in the players (if I wasn't already familiar with). And alot of focus was for Special Teams and Depth is part of the conclusion I came up with.

                              You also have to keep in mind the process. While some call them meetings they are in all actuality Job Interviews and Physicals. So yes the Team Doctors were are a big factor in the signings. So try not to judge a player by his age but rather look at it in a way of well the Doctor cleared him so obviously he can still play.

                              But one of the RB's was a part of the NFC Champion team last year and a kick returner. The other RB was on a winning team as well in one of the toughest Divisions in the NFC. The LS is one of 9 players still left in the league that was part of the Patriots 4 SB team. The ILB was the leading tackler of his team 4 out of his 7 years in the league. One of the WR was a part of the NE team and contributed very nicely in the post season. The DT we picked up was a big time special teams leader for the Colts. (a video of what very well could be the hit of the year in 08) came from this guy. Safety we picked up from Miami is a good solid hitter as well and comes from a very well Improved team so he has seen the lows and has smelled the future of how it feels to win.

                              It is a Broader picture that is left for us fans to discuss which can make it fun on here but you have to be willing to sometimes come up with your own conclusions about things rather than read what somebody else writes and going with it. Different point of views is what makes this fun and Interesting and also makes it a great discussion. Hope this helps GOOOOO BRONCOS!!!

                              Comment


                              • Exciting

                                I think it is Exciting and refreshing that we are picking up well named players for a change. When was the last big name player we had, Champ was the last i remember and he has proven himself. We really do need veteran players that have proven themselves in the league to help these young guys along even if it is only for a couple of years, then hopefully the young guys become great Veterans themselves. Stay Positive give Mcdaniels a chance he is all we got right now.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X