No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we videotape opponets practices for Jay to use too?

Comment

• It is a turbulent time to be alive, much moreso if you are a broncos fan.

Shanahan being fired.

The Goodman's shown the door.

Cutler being shopped.

Marshall arrested, again.

Culter, the Front Office, and HC McDaniels have handled this situation so poorly that it has become a fiasco. These guys are supposed to be taking us boldly into a new era. Yikes!
      Last edited by AzDenFan; 03-01-2009, 11:49 PM.

Comment

• I totally support what McD is doing, I think to send the messade that nobody is safe and nobody is imprescindible in denver is the right message, if cutler prefers to go instead of staying and proving McD wrong then he doesnt deserve to be a bronco

wake up people there is not such a thing as a franchise player anymore, give the right price and you have a deal
        sigpicI am from BRONCOLOMBIA

Comment

• Originally posted by rusty_thomson View Post
          Theres no way I'm going to desert Cutler like the rest of you. I'm with him the whole way

How would you feel if you just got into a career, you had the best year of your LIFE, you made your company millions and you thought everything was great and you had a chance to really move up in the company and become even more successful and then your Boss suddenly behind your back was talking about swapping you with his old buddy from high school who hasn't done anything like you....That is basically how Jay feels

I'm not saying that Josh McDaniels actually went behind Jay's back but all Jay is hearing is that that is what happened. I will agree Jay hasn't really helped by going to the Media but I will say that his actions are justified. And also jay DIDNT ASK FOR A TRADE!!!! He was told he was being shopped by sources and he asked to talk to those teams about a deal etc.

Jay is great and said he LOVES denver and would LOVE to stay in denver and he himself has already started to get over this whole issue saying he is "looking forward to this season, working with the guys and getting to the playoffs and the superbowl".

:cutler: = THE MAN
          QUOTED FOR TRUTH!!!! of course all these mealy mouthed cutler detractors will never admit they would have reacted as any human being would have, apparently they are the complete impeccable, professional, human beings we've all heard so much about.

Comment

Theres no way I'm going to desert Cutler like the rest of you. I'm with him the whole way

How would you feel if you just got into a career, you had the best year of your LIFE, you made your company millions and you thought everything was great and you had a chance to really move up in the company and become even more successful and then your Boss suddenly behind your back was talking about swapping you with his old buddy from high school who hasn't done anything like you....That is basically how Jay feels

I'm not saying that Josh McDaniels actually went behind Jay's back but all Jay is hearing is that that is what happened. I will agree Jay hasn't really helped by going to the Media but I will say that his actions are justified. And also jay DIDNT ASK FOR A TRADE!!!! He was told he was being shopped by sources and he asked to talk to those teams about a deal etc.

Jay is great and said he LOVES denver and would LOVE to stay in denver and he himself has already started to get over this whole issue saying he is "looking forward to this season, working with the guys and getting to the playoffs and the superbowl".

:cutler: = THE MAN

Hey man alot of us understand what has happened to cause this. The problem people have is the fact that there are reports all over as well of McDaniel's and Co. Wanting to sit down with Jay and get to the bottom of this. And his agent says well Jay isn't available he isn't even in Denver. So you tell me who are we supposed to believe?

To many spins to the story but when you break it down the way everyone is trying to spin it It just doesn't Jive. I mean if this were the way it went down don't you honestly think Bowlen wouldv'e stepped in? I mean everything I have understood up to this point was Xanders reported straight to Bowlen and McDaniel's rep[orts straight to Bowlen on any decisions right?

Ok where is Pat Bowlen in all these Convos? No where mentoned in the rumors, Nope i have come to the conclusion this is a Guy who is pissed because the Coach that drafted him got fired and his former QB coach got fired. Oh yeah and it is a huge coincedence that this all happened the first 2 days of the Free Agency? I am not buying it, this kid is mad at the Shanny firing and he is making a big deal trying to twist it around to turn Denver. I don't have my Blinders on!
            Last edited by BroncosRockdaRockies; 03-01-2009, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• Bill Blogs on Chiefs trading Cassel for Cutler

Here's an idea:

How about a Jay Cutler-for-Matt Cassel trade?

By now, the football world knows that the Broncos were involved in talks about getting Matt Cassel from New England before the Patriots traded Tom Brady's injury replacement to Kansas City. The Broncos' motivation was to reunite former New England offensive coordinator and new Denver head coach Josh McDaniels and Cassel.

Then, Denver, as ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports, may have sent Cutler to Tampa Bay.
              The Broncos are now in a bind. Cassel is out of the picture and Cutler is upset that the Broncos entertained the thought of dealing him. Cutler would like Denver to deal him.

The Broncos can do one of two things: Try to mend the issue with Cutler or deal him. The problem is, Denver has no other quarterback options if it trades Cutler.

So maybe the Broncos go back to the root of the issue and offer Cutler to Kansas City for Cassel if McDaniels really would prefer Cassel. In most NFL circles, the younger, more experienced Cutler is considered a better player than Cassel.

Yes, Cassel fits the Patriots Way that McDaniels appears to be so consumed by and he runs the same system as McDaniels, but Cutler is the better player. Perhaps Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli, another Patriot disciple who also lives the Patriot Way, would see a bargain and make the swap.

After all, talents like Cutler don't get shopped every day. Then, everyone would be happy. McDaniels gets to be back with Cassel and the Chiefs would get a very good player from one of their rivals.

Makes sense, right? But, of course, this likely won't happen because it all so absurd.

But then, this whole saga has been absurd.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0...talk-swap.html

On a side note if this happens I won't watch the NFL until McTard is fired.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenyeti View Post
                I totally support what McD is doing, I think to send the messade that nobody is safe and nobody is imprescindible in denver is the right message, if cutler prefers to go instead of staying and proving McD wrong then he doesnt deserve to be a bronco

wake up people there is not such a thing as a franchise player anymore, give the right price and you have a deal

At the cost of what? The team backing you? If you cant win over the QB you cant win over the team....

McD to his CREDIT has done ZERO NADA ZIP NOTHING as a Head Coach. If lets say he was a 5 Time SB winning HC then maybe i'll take the talk of the trade with a grain of salt but he was nothing more then a OC and a DC coach at NE. He's not amounted to anything and all he's doing is crying for his security blanket in Castle
                McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

• hmm Trade Cutler HOF potential for a 6th round system QB of a SCRUB HELL NO id be so effin pissed if it ever happend
                  Proud Member of: Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #35

Comment

• What's even funnier is the hypocrisy of this fanbase, the people that are calling Jay Cutler the whiner....are the biggest whiner's on the board.

Not sure how explaining to a news paper that youre shocked and disappointed and a little angry that people who told you a few days ago that you were their guy are trying to shove you out the door.....is whining anyways. But whatever floats your boats.

Then you turn around and say he's being a baby for refusing to have his meeting with Broncos officials. Kinda hard to refuse to meet with them when there was no meeting to begin with and still isnt.....dont cha think? Whatever.

It's your opinion, but I happen to think it's foolish, whining, and babyish the way most of you are acting. Wait, kinda sounds like Cutler.....right?

Please. Calm down, before you make me laugh even harder.
                    Last edited by Chidoze; 03-01-2009, 11:53 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• if this were to ever happen I would pull a nancy carrigan on josh mcdaniels

Comment

• man, even i wouldn't do that, not for cassell lol

NE players fail outside of NE
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chidoze View Post
                          What's even funnier is the hypocrisy of this fanbase, the people that are calling Jay Cutler the whiner....are the biggest whiner's on the board.

Not sure how explaining to a news paper that youre shocked and disappointed and a little angry that people who told you a few days ago that you were their guy are trying to shove you out the door.....is whining anyways. But whatever floats your boats.

Then you turn around and say he's being a baby for refusing to have his meeting with Broncos officials. Kinda hard to refuse to meet with them when there was no meeting to begin with and still isnt.....dont cha think? Whatever.

It's your opinion, but I happen to think it's foolish, whining, and babyish the way most of you are acting. Wait, kinda sounds like Cutler.....right?

Please. Calm down, before you make me laugh even harder.
                          Love your pic of Dawkins, can't wait to see him in a broncos introduction.. which may take a while though because they don't show dam intros in New Zealand....dam sky sport....
                          Dumervil's Biggest Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
                            It is rather sad isn't it. I know exactly what Cutler is going through, and I fully endorse him being pissed at McDaniels and company. Everyone forgets Cutler is the guy who has been with us for 3 years, the guy who has been doing diabetes foundations for the community, the guy who is the leader in the locker room... etc. How would you all feel if a young John Elway (who had FAR worse playing stats, way more int's etc) was almost traded by Dan Reeves for a QB he used to coach. Stop the hypocrisy. Josh has shown he's just like Mangini etc, and a typical power hungry former Patriot wonderkin. Cutler is the biggest bright spot we've had at QB since Elway and has all the physical tools to replicate it. Do any of you actually REMEMBER what Elway was like when he was young. Same damn attitude Cutler has. Stop turning on the face of the franchise for some spoiled brat who got a promotion to Head Coach far to early.
                            Exactly, these people need to realize, you cant just cut or trade Cutler for draft picks.

Replacing a QB is harder than anything in the NFL. Ask San Francisco how they've fared since replacing Young. Ask Miami how they've fared since replacing Marino. Ask Denver how they've fared since replacing ELWAY!

Denver has a shot at that now with Cutler, people dont get that.

Ignorance is bliss though, so trade him. :cutler:
                            sigpic

Comment

• Wow! I couldn't have said it better.

Comment

Love your pic of Dawkins, can't wait to see him in a broncos introduction.. which may take a while though because they don't show dam intros in New Zealand....dam sky sport....
                                That's why youtube was invented.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X