McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutler/McDaniels

Cutler has to prove to McDaniel that he can be a trusted QB. QB rating is overrated, the wins and losses is what counts in the Nfl, it's a buisness Josh is trying to win, Elway and Brady have Superbowls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
      I would not rule out Pat being very much front and center in everything going on this offseason. He most likely OK'd Cutler being traded.

I do not think this fan base in general realizes how pissed Bowlen is with his team. I am sure he wanted to puke watching SD score 50+ points on us in a game that could have sent us to the playoffs...if he hadn't already watching us blow a three game lead.

The man fired a good friend he highly respected, you really think he wouldn't deal a QB that is gaining more and more notoriety as a cry baby?

Does no one else find it strange that he has not commented on it once? But, but he said, "Jay is the man around here". Ha, he also said Shanny was coach for life, he said he was confident in the Goodmans.

My theory is the collective and Pat sat down weeks ago and Jay's mental toughness and maturity was brought into question and two factions arose. One, Jay Cutler is expendable, the other NO way do we trade Jay...shortly after the Goodmans were fired.

Which faction do you think Bowlen sided with?

IMO Cutler may be thinking he has a right to pout on principle, my guess he is proving his doubters correct. Now is not the best time to be on Bowlens bad side.

BRO mcdaniels was quoted as saying he couldnt wait for him and cutler to work together....he even said himself its not everyday you get a chance to work with a guy like cutler....

he endorses cutler and then goes behind his back....cutler is not the problem with this team.....mcdaniels is. he was a bad hire....you dont trade a talent like cutler for a 1 year wonder in a spread offense that has shown only how to lose to a defense in the superbowl and not even make the playoffs last year.

he lied and is trying to cover his tracks now....if i was cutler i would be pissed to...regardless of how people thought my attitude was. if any of you were in the same situation..... anger would be tops on the list of emotions.....

Comment

• Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
        BRO mcdaniels was quoted as saying he couldnt wait for him and cutler to work together....he even said himself its not everyday you get a chance to work with a guy like cutler....
        Maybe he couldn't wait to work with Cutler, but something changed. Maybe Cutler couldn't shut up about the things he liked to do with Bates, how this was better or that was better...

Have you ever taken a job that you were super excited about and then after a week felt it was complete hell? Being excited to work with a guy does not mean it will end up being a good fit.

The point being, that PAT BOWLEN himself most likely is front and center in this and for fans to think that he is going to swoop in and take Cutler's hand and sooth his ego...they may be disappointed.

I think we have a very pissed off owner that wants to see more heart and soul on this team, leadership; and if that aspect of Jay was being questioned, he is not doing any favors for himself by spurning an invitation to iron things out.
        Last edited by Cutler2007; 03-02-2009, 05:13 AM.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
        J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
        R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoholic666 View Post
          Although I'm not a native, I have declared myself a Bronco 'fan for life' since I moved here in 1987 - I have grown up in Denver, and have ALWAYS sworn my allegiance to the Orange and Blue...

When we fired Shanny I was heartbroken, but understood the need for change and my loyalty remained strong.

When we hired Josh McDaniels, although a bit skeptical, I became very excited for the things to come - I LOVED the moves he made as far as putting together a coaching staff, and even in the short time the free agency period has been in full swing I have really liked the FA moves we've made.

But trading the face of our franchise - the guy who's FINALLY filled the shoes of a certain Hall of Famer who we've been trying to replace for almost a decade - makes absolutely NO sense to me at all and that leads me to this: if the Broncos trade Jay Cutler (or if they've damaged their relationship with him to the point where he doesn't want to be in Denver anymore), I am OFFICIALLY through with the Broncos.

Now all of you can question my loyalty, call me a 'fair-weather' or 'bandwagon' fan, whatever you want...but let me assure you, that is and has never been the case - I have never loved a sports team more, and in fact, there's actually few things in life I love more than my Broncos.

But this is INEXCUSABLE.

This very well could be one of the saddest days in recent memory for me...not only could we see the face of our great franchise go, but I may be forced to find a new favorite team.
          See Ya

Comment

Maybe he couldn't wait to work with Cutler, but something changed. Maybe Cutler couldn't shut up about the things he liked to do with Bates, how this was better or that was better...

Have you ever taken a job that you were super excited about and then after a week felt it was complete hell? Being excited to work with a guy does not mean it will end up being a good fit.

The point being, that PAT BOWLEN himself most likely is front and center in this and for fans to think that he is going to swoop in and take Cutler's hand and sooth his ego...they may be disappointed.

I think we have a very pissed off owner that wants to see more heart and soul on this team, leadership; and if that aspect of Jay was being questioned, he is not doing any favors for himself by spurning an invitation to iron things out.

fair enough and we may not know the whole story....but the fact of the matter is, we hired a coach who tried to trade our franchise Qb, for a 1 year wonder who played in a system that hasnt been proven superbowl worthy....and last year wasnt even playoff worthy without brady.....i mean im sorry but the spread has been proven ineffective. they werent even a great offense last year even with cassel. brady makes the patriots.....period....

you wanna trade cutler for brady so be it, but not for a 1 year wonder and a 3rd rd pick.....

Comment

• Originally posted by BulldogRed View Post
              You root for the name of the FRONT of the Jersey, not the back.
              Awesome post

Comment

• Originally posted by Zanders76 View Post
                This is the best spin I've heard as of yet. If this turns out to be true and Cutler believes it then the future is promising. Just wish Cutler talked to MCD face to face first before making an opinion. Too much youth on both sides.
                Management inexperience on one side and immaturity on the other.

Suck it up Jay and go and talk to them, god knows we are screwed enough with Brandon getting arrested and probably out for 8 games of the season....... way to go buddy!!

What a crazy mess this is!

B-Dawk is probably thinking what the hell have i gotten myself into!!

No other free agents are gonna see this as an ideal situation to step into.

But, as Nuggets coach George Karl said: "Jay's got to understand there have been a lot greater players than him that have been talked about in trades. When the contracts are so big, every player is probably discussed."

Grow a set and go back and sort this out for the sake of your team, and put aside your rather large ego just for a second!

Comment

• Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
                  They did contact him about a meeting mid-day today... but till then they were mum, and thus treating him with no respect.
                  word, i knew something was going on in regards to a meeting, anyway.

no respect, huh?

let me ask you this. what has cutler done thus far in his career to deserve the type of respect and blind loyalty that you guys display for him? granted, them notifying him if they were indeed looking to trade him would have been a courtesy.

but, honestly, what has this cat done? we can all see that he is a monster and has all of the potential in the world to be great... but potential is like an unfulfilled promise.

so them treating him with no respect justifies his behavior? to just shun any and all attempt to reconcile?

is it a tit for tat type of thing, cause that is very mature of him.

is this good for the team?

do you think this is conducive to winning?

is this how leaders act?

nope.

it's funny cause you have a picture of dawkins in your sig, and his situation draws similarities in some senses. of course, he wasn't being fished as trade bait, but then again the team that he had been apart of for 13 years did not show very much interest in retaining him. but the differences between the two are what really make me wonder...

here are the two main differences.

1. dawkins made contributions to that team and community over a period of 13 years that are pretty much legendary in philly, more or less a john elway figure out there, i would think. not only that, but he is still playing at a VERY high level. don't believe me? i think you can find plenty of philly fans around here right about now, ask them. but why didn't he get ANY respect out of the front office in philly? i'm talking about the respect and consideration you guys expect our FO to give to cutler.

2. dawkins is a professional and a leader, and has certainly had time to develop into who he is. this is reflected by the way that he has conducted him self in light of that situation. in the many interviews i'm sure he has done and questions he has fielded he maintained a very respectful tone and was tactful in everything i've heard and read. he could have just as easily been a d*** and went off of those cats in philly. he, however, chose to be the bigger man, stay humble and continue about his way. and now, he is with another team and i am sure that he will prove his worth when we travel to philly next season...

i've said it before and i'll say it again. the problem IS NOT cutler being mad, anyone would be mad, the problem is the way that he conducts himself.

you guys put this cat on a pedestal, and justify his every wrong move with some sort of blind ignorant allegiance - the type that is afforded deities - because he has a big arm. i mean shanahan didn't even get that kind of love.. lol

was the FO right? no, probably not, if they really shopped him, it was a bonehead move that can be attributed to youth and inexperience.

was cutler mad? obviously. should he have handled the publicity differently? definitely, why? he could have angled this into his favor with a little bit of creative verbiage... but what did he do? he took a spoon fed interview and still made himself sound like he had pissy diapers.

you guys need to get over him, and he needs to get over himself.

THIS IS BIGGER THAN NINO BROWN!!!!!!
                  most of you probably won't be able to appreciate that....

Comment

• Bottom Line is this......

I don't like how McD and Xanders and Bowlen are doing things so far,

If you think Bowlen wasn't in on this your crazy! they just got caught doing a bad deal that fell through, hence the reason it took them so long to set up a meeting with Jay.

But for real Cutler needs to suck it up, be quiet and let his play do the talking for him, then after the season when you make yet another Pro Bowl, then you start talking contract and get your full worth.

If not hell, ask for a trade then.

GO BRONCOS!

Comment

• Harbinger...
                      Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoholic666 View Post
                        Although I'm not a native, I have declared myself a Bronco 'fan for life' since I moved here in 1987 - I have grown up in Denver, and have ALWAYS sworn my allegiance to the Orange and Blue...

When we fired Shanny I was heartbroken, but understood the need for change and my loyalty remained strong.

When we hired Josh McDaniels, although a bit skeptical, I became very excited for the things to come - I LOVED the moves he made as far as putting together a coaching staff, and even in the short time the free agency period has been in full swing I have really liked the FA moves we've made.

But trading the face of our franchise - the guy who's FINALLY filled the shoes of a certain Hall of Famer who we've been trying to replace for almost a decade - makes absolutely NO sense to me at all and that leads me to this: if the Broncos trade Jay Cutler (or if they've damaged their relationship with him to the point where he doesn't want to be in Denver anymore), I am OFFICIALLY through with the Broncos.

Now all of you can question my loyalty, call me a 'fair-weather' or 'bandwagon' fan, whatever you want...but let me assure you, that is and has never been the case - I have never loved a sports team more, and in fact, there's actually few things in life I love more than my Broncos.

But this is INEXCUSABLE.

This very well could be one of the saddest days in recent memory for me...not only could we see the face of our great franchise go, but I may be forced to find a new favorite team.
                        Man love it's so so so disgusting
                        Those Indians could prove troublesome...General George Armstrong Custer

Comment

• I worry more about his agent (Cook) poisoning the situation, creating a bigger rift than there should be.

Comment

I worry more about his agent (Cook) poisoning the situation, creating a bigger rift than there should be.
                            I might be wrong, but isn't Cutler's agent the same guy who represents Favre?
                            Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Originally posted by pikman View Post
                              I might be wrong, but isn't Cutler's agent the same guy who represents Favre?
                              Yep...the guy likes drama. Gets his name out there.

Comment

• I won't be gone... but I will cancel my NFL Sunday Ticket for at least a year.
                                Superbowl 50 Champs!

Comment

Working...
                                X