No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you accept coach McDaniels, then you have to understand some of his preferences. Jay Cutler does not seem to be his cup of tea. Sure he talks the lubby dubby pseudo professional lingo, that covers up any discontent. But I for one had a sneaking suspicion from the beginning, that he may like a different type of quarterback. His insistance, that Jay Cutler should fit nicely into his system, never talking about adapting the team to Jay Cutler´s idiosyncracies (right word?)...that and he never seemed totally excited or enthused when referencing Jay Cutler, you know not emotional about him.
    Ok, is Cassel the right fit? That´s debatable, and it would seem like a forced connection. But a quarterback the head coach is comfortable with, isn´t that a valid concern, for the sake of the new beginning? Like I said once, even friggin Kurt Warner is available. Rex Grossman, if you like a strong personality who´t been there.
    Brian Dawkins, big deal. A real honcho.
    Correl Buckhalter and J.J. Arrington, two running backs, who seem to have no detractors around the league, and are possibly waiting to happen in a big way. And the draft hasn´t even happened, yet. Rey Maualuga, or one of the other awesome USC linebackers, B.J. Raji, and other rightfully so hyped names could don the Broncos uniform next year.
    Don´t be discouraged. Jay Cutler is awesome, and he´s been a pet project to a lot of people around here. But to quit your allegiance over him, when there are other quarterbacks with panache out there and coming out of college? Reconsider. You´ll be sporting the jerseys of guys, that are maybe more Denverish. You´ll be yelling and screaming, and not praying for Jay to have a good day.
    mooncamping is a new Cleveland Browns fan

Comment

• So you rather have a one hit wonder who knows the system over a proven franchise QB? That makes a lot of sense.
      first you dont know if cassel IS or IS NOT a one hit wonder. Like whats going on here, thats your speculation on his future.

2nd sorry but cutler is far from proven. He's still young and makes the mistakes in game to prove it. Im not saying cassel is proven so dont twist my words. All I said was that mcd KNOWS for a fact that cassel can play in his system. Which cant be said of cutler
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• What if McD drafts a QB?

It is one thing to draft one in the late rounds but if he goes after one in the 1-3 rounds, I'd say Cutler is gone.

It is a pretty drastic situation, but if things keep going in this downward spiral, that wouldn't surprise me assuming all this chaos happens before the April draft.

It is scary days in Denver!
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

• I will cut off McDumbass's nuts, throw them into a river after placing them very neatly in my blender on the FRAPPE setting for two hours then pouring it into a fine wine and force Xanders to drink it openheartedly

Comment

• Mort on Mike and Mike in the morning... The Broncos initiated the Cutler trade.

Mort said that the Broncos did indeed shop Cutler even though McDaniels denied it.

He also mentioned that this same thing happened between Elway and Reeves... see how good that went after the fact.
            Superbowl 50 Champs!

Comment

• Mort is an idiot.

Stop Listening to him!!!!!!!!!
              sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosRockdaRockies View Post
                What kind of Qb goes straight to the press before finding out from his Boss? How much more clearer does it have to be for you to see our point of view? Sorry man but really tired of people forcing this whole Cutler is innocent when their is no proof either way.
                Exactly!! That was my point exactly. I said that I felt Cutler had a right to be hurt and angry but, I was upset by the way he handled it. Cutler played right into the media hands.. it was like they cranked him up and then watched him spin around and laughed their butts off about it. You know if Cutler was ticked off... fine and if he threw a fit and raged and screamed fine.. but, please do it behind closed doors.. you know out of the public eye. Don't give the buzzards more reasons to attack... don't allow the media to spin you. Be the bigger man!
                I almost wonder if Bill B. did all of this to stick it to McDaniels. I can see him getting word out that he would trade Cassel if McDaniels were interested in trading Cutler and then Bill probably had no intention of trading Cassel to Denver... so, McDaniels then ends up looking like a fool and Cutler is furious. Sound far fetched.. well, why on earth did he allow Cassel to go to KC for a second round pick when he could have gotten so much more... sounds fishy and Cutler freaking out was just icing on the cake for Bill. Bill is that evil.. I can see it.
                My adopted Bronco is Case Keenum

Comment

• Originally posted by KansasKrista View Post
                  I know I am going to get attacked for this... but, I just have to say it... I don't like Cutler very much right now! I am not talking about the QB Jay Cutler.. I am talking about Jay Cutler, the man. Something has always rubbed me the wrong way about this guy.. maybe it was his non-chalant attitude in press conferences or his screaming to fellow players on the field.. or maybe it was because he mumbles when he talks. He always struck me as a baby but, he was a Bronco so, I loved him anyway. Well, this weekend was a total mess and yeah, maybe he had reason to be angry with McDaniels but, he didn't just answer some questions about being traded, he had a total hissy fit. He played right into the media's hands and was a big reason this entire story blew up like it did. If he would have said "no comment" and kept his mouth shut and waited around to see how things panned out, there wouldn't have been a story and there would have been nothing for the analysts and broadcasters to talk about all weekend. I swear I saw glee in these analysts eyes.. they were loving this soapera and now Denver is the laughing stock of the league. When Cutler demands to be traded and refuses to meet with Denver officials, or take McDaniels phone calls... that comes across as very immature and childish. I am not crazy about how McDaniels handled all of this.. he made a big mistake and now he has to deal with the mess but, Cutler needs to grow the heck up and stop acting like a diva who needs his hand held. Football is a business and a ruthless one at that... when he learns to stop taking things so personally, then he will become a great QB! Somehow, I just can't see Peyton Manning acting the way Jay did this past weekend.
                  If Jay is a true competitor,.. he will get his butt back on the horse and extend a hand of forgiveness to McDaniels. He will be the bigger man and then he will set out this season to make McDaniels feel like a fool for ever considering trading him! He will prove himself on the field. Somehow though, I worry that Cutler may be a baby all season and pout and not play well because he had his feelings hurt. How Cutler handles all of this in 2009 will show what kind of heart Cutler truly has. It should be interesting.
                  So for being a normal person, You don't like him.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

• Peter King: When Bates was canned, Cutler wanted out

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...eagency/1.html

I heard one other interesting thing Sunday: Cutler asked for a trade shortly after the Broncos lost offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates -- Cutler's confidant -- to USC after the season. So maybe both sides need to go into marriage counseling here.
                    Cutler's credibility keeps slipping.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ch1ggs View Post
                      http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...eagency/1.html

Cutler's credibility keeps slipping.
                      only in irrational peoples eyes that cannot see people are looking for a story.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

• Speaking of credibility, what credibility does that rumor have? Management has been in major damage control over the past couple of days, who knows what sorts of rumors they have tried to spread to improve their image.

Comment

• Originally posted by BRINGBAKPLUMMER View Post
                          Speaking of credibility, what credibility does that rumor have? Management has been in major damage control over the past couple of days, who knows what sorts of rumors they have tried to spread to improve their image.
                          Oh please, don't even act like that's not plausible. Like, Saintly Jay is beyond that.

Comment

• At this stage, anything is possible. Cutler requesting a trade after that scenario would not surprise me.

I can say this - I'm already so f'ing sick of all this sh*t, I'm cool with sh*tcanning the entire freakin' team.

F'm.
                            Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

• Im a huge Cutler fan but in my eyes its not about Cutler being upset over almost being traded...Id be upset to he has every right to be.....but the way he is going about it is ridiculous! Instead of presenting yourself like a little kid did anyone think that maybe he should just shutup go out and prove that he can run this new offense???? Actions speak louder than words!

Comment

• This whole story is nothing more than fabrication. No one reporting any of this stuff has ANY idea what went down.

We have Mortenson out there quoting his "team officials", now we have King quoting, um...who knows?

This whole thing reeks of the supposed "insiders" wanting to make a story where one may or may not even exist.

And the beauty of it, from their standpoint, is that Cutler has bought it hook, line and sinker. And McDaniels is too green to have any idea how to handle it.

Instant headlines and page hits.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X