No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree he's no necessarily a cry baby, but he DOES need to talk to these people face to face to know what the heck went through their heads about him these past few days.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
      Belicheck caught wind that Cassel could end up in Denver. The word is NE voided the deal.

Denver with Cassel would be a bigger threat to NE quicker than KC with Cassel. Not to mention the chaos of the failed trade going public would be damaging enough. Also, NE is cash strapped and may not be able to afford the higher, additional 1st round pick!

See above!

We don't know that for sure. Cutler does seem to have some issues especially with maturity. We wont know until a couple more years if he got it right.

I dont think Bus was the source in any way

Scheffler is oft injured and it is a new system and offense. TE's in McD's system are completely different than in Shanny's.

I agree here. If you have the trade in place, you make it go down right then and there! There was no reason it couldn't go down right away. If it fails, you make sure it doesnt go public!

WHY IS McD acting in a GM capacity. I THOUGHT BOWLEN RAN THE SHOW????? McD is already as powerful as Shanny was but without the official title!
      Interesting post, but the one thing that stuck out to me was your comment about Scheffler. It is true that the tight end in New England's system is used differently but the injury thing should really be an issue. Ben Watson has never played an entire season.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• Originally posted by JayCutler06 View Post
        hell i just want a winning season from jay. jay hasnt had a winning season since HS

im sorry but what has jay proved that he cant when games. hes only won 28 game in 7 years as a starter. that he wines like Jeff George
        Elway wasn't the big thing when he behaved even worse than Cutler now. I think that was the point. And we already know Cutler unlike McDaniels.
        sigpic

Comment

• Please don't compare the 2, the situations are completely different!

I have not heard 1 good thing out of Cutler's mouth in the media. John Elway embraced the city of Denver and took it all on his shoulders, he could have gotten out but decided to stay.

Cutler is whiny brat with no pull what-so-ever!

Comment

• Most of these kiddies on this board have no clue about pre super bowl 97,98 Elway anyways. Why bother reasoning with a 10 year olds?
            Last edited by rst08tierney; 03-02-2009, 09:15 AM.

Comment

• I agree. No player is un tradeable. Two first rounds for cutler? Heck yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1ManDreamTeam View Post
                Well now two seasons later, we see Jay Cutler who went 2 years in a row at 8-8 who (this year) blew a 3-game lead into the playoffs(not 2 mention he blew the Pro Bowl this year for the AFC which is kind of hard to do considering your roster.)
                The fact that you even wrote that down kind of discredits this post. Jay blew the 3 game lead and went 8-8..........really? Did you even watch any Denver games this season. Cutler was the bright spot.

Comment

• let me add that MOST of bronco nation was extremely happy with McDaniels when he signed Dawkins..but hours later they all turned on him..lol idk what he's thinking but i know his intentions arent to "F" us over..

Comment

• It has to be tough for Jay. Without Shanahan and Bates here, who's going to hold his hand though all this?

Comment

• You do make some decent points, but if you watched Bronco games and Ravens games your post lacks common knowledge. Flacco did nothing special last year, infact give him the Bronco's defense and that team maybe wins 4 games. Cutler with half a defense had a Super Bowl caliber offense last year, but anyone can be traded.
                      Wesley Woodyard needs to be on the field

Clemson Tigers-Brian Dawkins, ooooo grrrrr
                      Philip Rivers know your place Broncos-2 super bowls Chargers-zero (is that good?) You have won nothing

Comment

• Originally posted by TXBRONC View Post
                        Interesting post, but the one thing that stuck out to me was your comment about Scheffler. It is true that the tight end in New England's system is used differently but the injury thing should really be an issue. Ben Watson has never played an entire season.
                        But Dan Graham did and they havent been the same since. Furthermore, Watson physically is a different TE than Scheffler. Troupe was too. That was the beauty, NE had a truckload of talented TE's. We don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by neume1mb View Post
                          The fact that you even wrote that down kind of discredits this post. Jay blew the 3 game lead and went 8-8..........really? Did you even watch any Denver games this season. Cutler was the bright spot.
                          Seriously. I don't think Cutler was alone on the field in any game.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Wrong or right isn't the issue with me. McDaniels came to a team ready to be turned around on DEFENSE. There were leadership issues with the head coach, player personnel struggles and talent deficiencies with the defense. SO WHY STIR THE POT with the one aspect of the team that was fine and getting better!!!

In the entire process that happened this weekend McDaniels seemed to be trying to establish a message to the team that every player is expendable and he has the say so. Well that's fine and all but at the expense of your franchise QB?

IMO that's not a good way to start things out. However, what's done is done and Jay AND McD (that little **tch) need to get over it and move on.

Comment

• 2 First rounders sound good, but look how many first rounders the Lions drafted and look at them today. Getting Cutler in our draft position was great luck for this organization, if we lost him and went back to the draft we could easily get an Alex Smith or a Ki-Jana Carter. I'd stay with Cutler because he gives this town swagger and something to brag about because our defense and special teams has been a joke for years, if we lose our offense we are Detroit.
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco_Mike View Post
                                Amen, thank you for educating those that don't know Elway history, or those that have forgotten.

Like you, I'm not saying Cutler will be as great as Elway, but I see similar character, and physical traits.
                                Agreed. If McDumbass ****s this up I'll never get behind him.

Comment

Working...
                                X