McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    Well then einstein. who will play qb this year?
    In that scenario, it would be Ratliff (whose stock is very high right now), or some vet to be named later... we're not going to the playoffs next year with or without Jay, so 2009 shouldn't be our chief concern.
    Sent from my Human Cent-iPad

Comment

• McFAIL is setting himself up for an epic collapse.... and he will bring down this franchise while he's at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bradshaw3001 View Post
        In that scenario, it would be Ratliff (whose stock is very high right now), or some vet to be named later... we're not going to the playoffs next year with or without Jay, so 2009 shouldn't be our chief concern.
        Well then we better get Bradford next year.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangePain View Post
          wow, not a denver fan but these statements are unbelievable. Only thing in common those 2 had were they both wore orange. Elway was a god. Elway never showed up his receivers. Elway backed up his swagger with wins. I don't recall ever seeing elway pouting on the sideline, let alone almost every game like Cutleaf does. Hard to believe you denver fans would even mention those 2 in teh same sentence.

This is funny and shows how much you really knew about elway and how he treated his recievers. Guess we won't talk much about how he was mad at Rod smith for dropping a pass and then on the next play told the Defence hey I am throwing the ball to Rod and which he did. And Yes I liked Elway as much as any Bronco fan but he was not perfect either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
            I called you out over there, I'll call you out here.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ncy/index.html

I'm sure Belichick doesn't mind doing something good for Cassel (giving him his own promising team to pilot) and Pioli (giving him something better than Tyler Thigpen), but I believe if Denver offered Belichick its first-round pick last Thursday instead of, apparently, on Saturday, that Cassel would be a Bronco today and current Denver QB Jay Cutler a Buc or Lion. Cutler, by the way, will make peace with McDaniels, who's now coaching Denver. He has no choice, and he's a reasonable kid. I don't blame him for being ticked off at the Broncos for trying to deal for Cassel, but he's going to have to get over it and realize he's got a heck of a chance to win with McDaniels running his offense.

I heard one other interesting thing Sunday: Cutler asked for a trade shortly after the Broncos lost offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates -- Cutler's confidant -- to USC after the season. So maybe both sides need to go into marriage counseling here.
            People, please, read.

AND, by the way, PFT has removed that LOAD OF CRAP article.
            Last edited by CoryWinget81; 03-02-2009, 11:57 AM.
            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
              McFAIL is setting himself up for an epic collapse.... and he will bring down this franchise while he's at it.
              Ok we get it... you hate mcdaniels and love cutler... Obviously the blame is 100% mcdaniels fault right?

Comment

McFAIL is setting himself up for an epic collapse.... and he will bring down this franchise while he's at it.
                Maybe he and Belichek planned it.......So Mcd would get fired and then he could be Belicheks sucessor

I still support McD, but i just saying
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
                  Sounds like his agent is stirring the pot to try get some $$. Sounds like a scum bag agent.
                  That's his job idiot! He has a duty of loyalty to represent his client to the best of his ability, NOT to make you or the team or other fans happy!

If he can get a king-hell whopping FA contract for his client, great! He's done his job. And he won't care one sweet Monkey-crap if you're happy about it or not.

That doesn't make him a "scum-bag." That's what an "agent" is supposed to do for his client. That's why he's hired. To get the best possible deal for his client.
                  sigpic

Comment

• This is stupid....don't tell me they are going to trade him. No one in the draft is near Cutler. $$$$ would hit the fan if this happened along with McDaniels head
                    Don't Panic!

Comment

• What will you do if Cutler is traded?

I'd be pissed... very pissed. I bought Sunday ticket to watch Cutler progress as a young QB... I didn't buy it to watch a medicore 8 and 8 team.

But like anything else in football... results heal all wounds. If they get rid of Cutler and win the Superbowl next year we'll over forget about it. If the tank the next three seasons because we can't get a good QB McDaniels will be gone.
                      Superbowl 50 Champs!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterrooter View Post
                        How are you liking your decision to fire Shanahan now?
                        -You just paid more than $1 million for a long snapper you didn't need
                        -You just brought in a 37+-year-old-safety that's lost a step for $9 Million
                        -You just brought in a >30-year-old RB with bad knees
                        -You hired two Un-freaking-believably stupid kids who think that they can spin the Cutler mess into a "we were just picking up the phone" angle--when the deal was apparently offered to THREE separate teams;
                        He's only 35...

Comment

• Take a huge dump and give him a 7 flush salute and move along

Comment

• If you trade Cutler, you might as well trade Brandon Marshall too.
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

• I would probably get kicked off this website if they knew what I would do. It would be very stupid if they traded him:cutler:
                              Don't Panic!

Comment

At least now you've man'd up to knowing that Jay is and ALWAYS has been a franchise QB....
                                Okay, I'm going to explain this again. You presented absolutely no argument for Jay being our Franchise QB, you just kept flaming when I asked for you to clarify your posts. Then someone else presented a valid argument. Is it possible we might have differing views on what a franchise QB should be? I have been a big supporter of Jay Cutler, even through the McDaniels fiasco (redzone INTs and all)

Now as for Schefter, that's a valid reason to not believe the story, but there has to be some stories that slip by him (as good as he is). As for the rest of that, it's not evidence, it is about how we feel about the story (I believe you used the words 'smell test'). I think the best thing we can do is to just chill and see how this goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X