No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was getting flamed on Sat, people became more reasonable Sun, and there are only a few still blindly following Cutler now. I've been the same. Check that, I'm more annoyed at Cutler than I was before. At first it was a typical overreaction, but now it is a full on temper tantrum.

Comment

• Wow what an offseason so far!

I find the whole Jay Cutler thing pretty interesting. I think it has really been mishandled (perhaps intentionally, Bus Cook). I know everyone is after Xanders and McD, but I am not sure what they are supposed to do when they have not even been given a chance to explain the situation. Jay wont speak to them.

My perspective is this: first, Cutler was already upset because Bates left. I bet he was thinking of a trade then. Maybe X and McD, thought he wanted out so they were willing to listen to offers.

Second, Cutler is a beast of a QB, but is still making boneheaded, game altering mistakes. With all the weapons he has around him, he really needs to trust his teammates and not make the 60 yard, thread the needle pass. Let someone else make a play.

Third, any player should not feel entitled to their spot. They need to continue to prove they deserve it.

Finally, if you are a Bronco fan, you are a Bronco fan - not a Cutler fan to the exclusion of the franchise. If Jay wants to piss on all his fans because he got his feelings hurt and he is mad a management, then so be it. Its selfish. I am a Bronco fan first, so I will support whoever takes the snaps in a Broncos jersey.
      Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvw View Post
        Maybe you could tell me what his win/loss percentage is since he's been a bronco.
        Maybe you could tell me what the record might be if he had, at any point, had anything resembling an actual NFL-caliber defense backing him to stop other teams from scoring so often.

The QB can only do so much, and I really think that, to this point, Cutler's W/L record does not accurately reflect the quality of his play.

Comment

• I'm interested in a Ferrari.
          In Manning I trust.

Comment

• Originally posted by thehoot79 View Post
            Regardless, Cutler needs to quit acting like a child and go to Dove Valley and speak with McDaniels and Xanders. In the end, I don't see how anybody could argue against that. Understanding is not reached until confrontation.
            ^^^^^^^

This.

And for those who feel that we should never trade Cutler - ever - consider that the Cowboy Dynasty of Aikman, Smith, Irving, et al was built with a single trade of Herschel Walker to the Vikings.

You would be crazy not to entertain offers if you felt like they were in your team's best interest.

And if it's true that Cutler demanded a trade when Bates was let go (I haven't seen a link that confirms that), then all the more reason to entertain trade offers - or even pursue them.

It's a business, but the fact that Cutler won't come into Dove Valley now for a little man-to-man speaks volumes to his maturity level as does this quote in yesterday's paper:

"There's going to be a lot of problems if they try to trade me. Well, they've already tried to trade me, but if they trade me for sure."

Seriously? Sounds like a middle school mentality to me. Grow the F up, Jay.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvw View Post
              Maybe you could tell me what his win/loss percentage is since he's been a bronco.
              thats easy 17- 20

18-19 if the season went 9-7 + an 0-1 record in the playoffs

So you wanna split hairs or just wanna go with something else?

McStupid tried to pull the transmission out of the Offense because it started to lose slight power then to repair the transmission and not waste money on something that just needed a fluid change.

The three keys that led to where we are now other then Defense.

RB solution/QB ineptibility = QB fixed (Replacing the noodle arm Jake) no RB to speak of

O- line problems = Drafted Clady

IR RB = all out pass attack with barely any running our FB gets hurt leaves the Offense sputtering in the Red Zone when the Opposing Defense has a statistical advantage.

As I see it, We fixed 2 of the 3 problems on Offense, none of these problems were stemming from the QB position, O-line nor WR. RB is a need on Offense get a Star RB and Jay Starts looking better.

Defense is a whole another story that needs work and thus McStupid was hired to do just that. Fix the Defense.

Dont fix whats Broke (offense) or you end up with a huge problem once you start tinkering.
              McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

• Would everyone quit the high school girl chitter chatter and get back to the real discussion?

By the way, that is a very, very, bad idea Sticky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pratama View Post
                  I find the whole Jay Cutler thing pretty interesting. I think it has really been mishandled (perhaps intentionally, Bus Cook). I know everyone is after Xanders and McD, but I am not sure what they are supposed to do when they have not even been given a chance to explain the situation. Jay wont speak to them.

My perspective is this: first, Cutler was already upset because Bates left. I bet he was thinking of a trade then. Maybe X and McD, thought he wanted out so they were willing to listen to offers.

Second, Cutler is a beast of a QB, but is still making boneheaded, game altering mistakes. With all the weapons he has around him, he really needs to trust his teammates and not make the 60 yard, thread the needle pass. Let someone else make a play.

Third, any player should not feel entitled to their spot. They need to continue to prove they deserve it.

Finally, if you are a Bronco fan, you are a Bronco fan - not a Cutler fan to the exclusion of the franchise. If Jay wants to piss on all his fans because he got his feelings hurt and he is mad a management, then so be it. Its selfish. I am a Bronco fan first, so I will support whoever takes the snaps in a Broncos jersey.
                  First off, People need to stop that Cutler wont talk to them crap. Their is no meetings scheduled between Cutler and front office. Cutler is not going to be traded and their isn't anything to be said right now. It wouldn't make sense for Cutler to drop what he's doing and run to Denver. Nor would it make sense for the FO to stop looking for defensive talent to talk to Cutler.

Their will come a time but it is not now. I AM a CUTLER fan as well as a Bronco fan. Right now to me Cutler is the face of the team and for McD to come in and try to rip that face down and put his own up pisses me off.

But McD is a young coach, he will make mistakes, We need to get over it. They probably already have.

With all the offensive weapons, with out ANY running game their is no PA and all the other team has to do is play the pass. If Cutler didn't make risky throws ever we'd never win a game.
                  Last edited by SlyBronco; 03-02-2009, 04:20 PM.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

• it only been two days and people from both sides either wants Jay out or Mcd out. You guys gotta give them time to to cool off and make up
                    Please insert a sig here.

laziness isn't healthy :go:

Comment

• Originally posted by JDAcord View Post
                      I was ridin high on an Orange and Blue cloud we signed Dawkins, Davis, Buckhalter life was good. Then I heard on ESPN and almost broke the F^#&&# TV. Absolutely could not have been more shocked and pissed.

Then it just got better with the Marshall arrest.
                      Honestly, my first thought was, "I don't know this team any more." There's no continuity. I mean, I've been trying to understand, "what is the Denver Broncos"? If it's not the team, then it must be the organization right? The only continuity there is Bowlen and he's not what I would call "the team". I was having a real hard time swallowing this notion of ripping out the entire coaching staff and the entire defense. But the notion of taking away the face of the team in a Cutler trade made me just want to hang up the Orange and Blue. I just felt like my team had disappeared.
                      The clever man delivers reasonable, rational, and sometimes irrefutable arguments. The wise man understands the futility of reasonable, rational, and irrefutable arguments. I'm neither wise, nor, I suspect, very clever.

Comment

• We aren't the Patriots!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mtn_horn View Post
                          ^^^^^^^

This.

And for those who feel that we should never trade Cutler - ever - consider that the Cowboy Dynasty of Aikman, Smith, Irving, et al was built with a single trade of Herschel Walker to the Vikings.

You would be crazy not to entertain offers if you felt like they were in your team's best interest.

And if it's true that Cutler demanded a trade when Bates was let go (I haven't seen a link that confirms that), then all the more reason to entertain trade offers - or even pursue them.

It's a business, but the fact that Cutler won't come into Dove Valley now for a little man-to-man speaks volumes to his maturity level as does this quote in yesterday's paper:

"There's going to be a lot of problems if they try to trade me. Well, they've already tried to trade me, but if they trade me for sure."

Seriously? Sounds like a middle school mentality to me. Grow the F up, Jay.
                          That was a different time, Today's NFL requires a QB. While it may sound like a middle school mentality Cutler has hit the nail on the head with that one. Be it a little conceded or not.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

• Originally posted by AC1 View Post
                            I sure could, right after you tell me the where our defense ranked in terms of points allowed in his two full seasons as a starter.
                            I think I'll answer that myself -

2007: Defense ranked 28th with 25.6 points per game. Of the only other teams to give up more than 25 points per game, three ended up with the 1st, 2nd and 3rd picks of the 2008 NFL draft.

2008: Defense ranked 30th with 28 points per game. All the other teams to give up more than 27 points per game ended up with the 1st, 2nd and 3rd picks of the 2009 NFL draft.

As an interesting aside, our spectacular 2008 defense also ranked 31st in interceptions and (to show its remarkable consistency) ranked 31st in fumbles forced.
                            Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by MileHighInNY View Post
                              Why is "Team X who doesn't have a Franchise QB is interested in Cutler" news of any kind? Cutler is one of the best young QBs in the league right now; of course teams that need a QB are "interested" in him! I'm sure the Vikes are "interested" in Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees right now, too... I, myself, am interested in millions of dollars and several supermodel girlfriends--what do you think my odds of success are?

Its not news because teams are interested. Its news because teams are interested and see it as a possibility. I am pretty sure there are no serious inquiries into Tom Brady, Peyton Manning or Drew Brees trades. The reason - other teams arent going to waste their time and their breath on something they know is never gonna happen. So if teams are talking about Cutler and calling the Bronc's about Cutler, it stands to reason that somewhere down the line, even before trade talks began, they were given the impression, either by the organization or by Jay's agent, that trading him wasnt totally impossible.
                              Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by AC1 View Post
                                I think I'll answer that myself -

2007: Defense ranked 28th with 25.6 points per game. Of the only other teams to give up more than 25 points per game, three ended up with the 1st, 2nd and 3rd picks of the 2008 NFL draft.

2008: Defense ranked 30th with 28 points per game. All the other teams to give up more than 27 points per game ended up with the 1st, 2nd and 3rd picks of the 2009 NFL draft.

As an interesting aside, our spectacular 2008 defense also ranked 31st in interceptions and (to show its remarkable consistency) ranked 31st in fumbles forced.
                                Yeah, last year was clearly Jay's fault.

Comment

Working...
                                X