McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AC1 View Post
    To be honest, I was a little surprised by the records of teams that had defenses as bad as ours. Cutler was truly the difference between us being a 3 or 4 win team and being a .500 team. Imagine if we could have even a respectable defense. Imagine if we hired Rex Ryan instead of McDaniels.
    Combine a bad D with lack of running game, and manage 8 wins... What the hell is wrong with people that want to get rid of Cutler.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

• Originally posted by AC1 View Post
      I think I'll answer that myself -

2007: Defense ranked 28th with 25.6 points per game. Of the only other teams to give up more than 25 points per game, three ended up with the 1st, 2nd and 3rd picks of the 2008 NFL draft.

2008: Defense ranked 30th with 28 points per game. All the other teams to give up more than 27 points per game ended up with the 1st, 2nd and 3rd picks of the 2009 NFL draft.

As an interesting aside, our spectacular 2008 defense also ranked 31st in interceptions and (to show its remarkable consistency) ranked 31st in fumbles forced.
      Those are amazing statistics. Just amazing. I can't remember when the Broncos had a top 10 draft pick.

Comment

• I would cry.
        Then drink.
        Then start a fight.
        Get my ass kicked.
        Cry again.
        Drink more.
        Then i would start the healing.

Comment

• People needs to give them more than two freaking days to make mends!! and stop going off on them.... you guys got to stop listen to trash like ESPN, who has nothing to do but blow this misunderstanding out of proportion because they're bored of writing about who landed who in free agency and what kind of impact that person will bring
          Please insert a sig here.

laziness isn't healthy :go:

Comment

• Originally posted by broncobuckeyes View Post
            lmao that big guy is Warren Sapp I see Jaime Dukes on there as well
            Wait... who? Is he the big black guy or the big black guy?? LMAO!!
            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• Well he also said "we never did" in terms of wanting to trade Jay, which appears to be an absolute lie. If they had come to the patriots sooner Cassel would most likely be a bronco right now.
              http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=30412676
              MMO Football Game

I like McDaniels, he will be a good coach. Just not for this team. Belichick needed his Cleveland stint to become the coach he is now and McDaniels is showing the same signs.

Comment

• Originally posted by 32n33 View Post
                No it was the defenses fault that Cutler threw some of the dumbest INT's I have ever seen. You people are sheep, this kid can't stay out of his own way. Marshall either. They could both have the world if they would shut UP and stay out of the news.
                The news is defending Cutler big time. You DO NOT go behind a pro bowl corner like Cutler and try to trade him.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

• ya dukes thats his name thanks lol

Comment

• Originally posted by cutler=wins View Post
                    As i have been saying and preaching!!! He said he HAS A BIG PROBLEM with the stunt mcdaniels pulled. That big guy also 2nd TD's comments i knew i was right anyway but it sure was nice to hear it from a true bronco himself:cutler:
                    Both sides have a point! I just really really hope that the Broncos,Jay Cutler and the MEDIA can let it go....A.S.A.P and focus on the offseason and the draft.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7 View Post
                      McDaniels is our coach. If he wants to move on to another QB I'll fully learn to accept it.

A coach and QB need a great friendship to succeed. McDaniels and Cutler will never have that.

As far as I'm concerned, we'll be better off without Cutler.
                      I dont think that's necessarily true. Trust and respect is needed, but they dont have to be friends.

I also believe that they can build trust and respect back up from this.
                      sigpic

Comment

• After the smoke clears, I still see Jay in Denver.

At this point, I don't think this is even an issue about the attempted trade. It obviously bruised Cutler's ego, but I think eventually he would have understood the business side of it and moved forward.

What I think the issue is, is that Cutler, his agent, the media, and all of us knows that McDaniels and Xanders lied about the situation (or at the very least, twisted and bent the truth), and that's a bigger issue. It's one thing if the FO would come out and explain the truth and their reasonings behind it, assuring Jay they will do what they can to mend the situation. But their outright denial about it is making the situation worse, and now they refuse to talk to anyone publicly about it.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                          Better yet, whoever wins at Madden stays, and the other goes!
                          I hope Jay knows how to rocket catch
                          sigpic

Check out my NFL Draft website!

Comment

• Now where yet that I see.

I don't blame Josh at all if the story is true.

cassel or cutler? I pick Cutler easy.

But if Josh knew there may be problems with the season or potentially losing a stud QB for nothing the team would be better off long term bring in Cassel than having Cutler short term.

My advice to jay put your big boy pants on, let the fans know you are willing to work with Josh everyday, we know you miss shanny, and a lot of fans do as well but this is a what have you done for me lately league as many have pointed out.

And lately, Jay has not shown allegiance to Josh, the captain of the ship.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
                              Bates was hired before the pro bowl correct???? i do belive so...if cutler wanted out so bad, why would he talk MCD up at the pro bowl and spend all that free time blogging for us denver fans on denverbroncos.com

that doesnt sound to me like a person that wants out....that sounds like someone started a rumor to either shift blame or stir up controversey and lower media outlets are running with it.....
                              I don't believe this for a second! If Cutler wanted out he would have said the to the media.. We all know he isn't afraid of saying what he feels..

I am begginng to believe this was spread by the FO to make cutler look bad and soften the blow for trading him.. They are throwing him under the bus, big time! Pat knows what is going on, he knows they were trying to trade him. Now their making cutler look bad by lying about it.

He better do the right thing here... If he lets this go on I will have lost all respect for him..
                              _
                              Card by broncos_mtnman Sig by MasterShake America: Freedom to Fascism Watch this!
                              All you need to know about Yellow & White Bars, CPs, and Levels

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                                After the smoke clears, I still see Jay in Denver.

At this point, I don't think this is even an issue about the attempted trade. It obviously bruised Cutler's ego, but I think eventually he would have understood the business side of it and moved forward.

What I think the issue is, is that Cutler, his agent, the media, and all of us knows that McDaniels and Xanders lied about the situation (or at the very least, twisted and bent the truth), and that's a bigger issue. It's one thing if the FO would come out and explain the truth and their reasonings behind it, assuring Jay they will do what they can to mend the situation. But their outright denial about it is making the situation worse, and now they refuse to talk to anyone publicly about it.
                                I agree. Nice post mojo.

I HOPE to god that Jay is a Bronco.

I HOPE to god that McDaniels and Jay can swallow some pride and work things out.

Comment

Working...
                                X