Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shadow7ax View Post
    Dukes wasn't on that table.
    i think it was dukes it didn't sound like sapp i was listening from the bathroom lol so i wasnt exactly looking at the tv

Comment

• Dukes was not there and he is not an idiot at all.
      sigpic

Comment

• I just hope by the end of the week, Jay goes to see McD and X and hash this all out. They sign him to a contract extension and everything is peachy. That's my dream at least. Jay needs to realize something, even if its true that McD tried to trade him, he is our starting QB. He is not going anywhere because there are no viable QB's out there to take over for him. And if he wants to be upset and not get over this it will affect his next contract. Let's patch this up guys!!!!:go:
        WELCOME TO DENVER TIM

Comment

• The idiot on WFAN NY Sports talk radio...

Mike Francesa had the nerve to say that Cassel has more mobility than our main man Cutler. What a joke!
          Last edited by 203KillinSpree; 03-02-2009, 04:58 PM.
          sigpic
          "Made by White Dragon - 8/26/10"
          Great Job & thanks, WD!

"He had a better career than [Hall of Famer Gale] Sayers did, but he is not held in the same regard. Is that fair to Davis?"--Dan Patrick, ESPN

“A great shot is when you pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it.” --Phil Mickelson, 2010 Masters champion

Comment

• Originally posted by cutler=wins View Post
            i think it was dukes it didn't sound like sapp i was listening from the bathroom lol so i wasnt exactly looking at the tv
            No, it was TD, Shefter, Sapp and this other dude whose name escapes me. But Jamie Dukes wasn't there.
            sigpic

Comment

• Jay really needs to give a little ground here. It appears the GM and coach are trying to extend the olive branch because they realize that this is no way to enter the season and that they need the face of the franchise to be happy. Yes Jay was wronged, but if he decides to reject management's offer of reconciliation, he better prepare for gigantic public backlash.
              http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=30412676
              MMO Football Game

I like McDaniels, he will be a good coach. Just not for this team. Belichick needed his Cleveland stint to become the coach he is now and McDaniels is showing the same signs.

Comment

• Originally posted by MJA View Post
                Jay really needs to give a little ground here. It appears the GM and coach are trying to extend the olive branch because they realize that this is no way to enter the season and that they need the face of the franchise to be happy. Yes Jay was wronged, but if he decides to reject management's offer of reconciliation, he better prepare for gigantic public backlash.
                How are they extending a branch when they continue to lie about the situation?

Why not publicly admit the truth and go to where Jay is to mend the fences?
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DoJo Chargerfan View Post
                  ...and has proven to be a not so good person on and off the field.
                  Proven to who? You?

Off the field? He's a bad person?

How many hundreds of thousands of dollars have you dontated to charity?? How much community service time have you put in?
                  How many people's lives were bettered by your kindness and caring, not only monitarily, but emotionally?

Go read up on Jay and his charitible contributions, both of money and personal time, and you explain to me how he is a bad person off the field.
                  sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by 203KillinSpree View Post
                    Mike Francesa had the nreve to say that Cassel has more mobility than our main man Cutler. What a joke!
                    Cassel mobile?

Cassel was so immobile that our crap defensive line got 6 sacks on him in a LOSING effort.

What a joke.
                    sigpic

Comment

• McDaniels handling of this issue has left me wondering about this guys ability to lead our team. He has alienated the franchise qb and angered half of the locker room. The fan base is in an uproar, he is at odds with Xanders, and this mess has turned into a spectacle worthy of the national spotlight. Two months into the job!

Why come to denver to move cutler? I wonder if Mcdaniels mentioned this plan in his interview with Bowlen in the first place.

"Hey pat, like what you have done with the place, but it needs a little more red, white, and blue and less orange. That Cutler kid, he has to go, by the way."

The front office has done a miserable job of damage control here. Bunch of ametuers. I feel like a browns fan.

But now the onus is on Cutler. You won't meet with your HC? or team officials? What planet is this guy from? While most were sympathetic toward Cutler to start, I think many have had it with his crap. When you here terms like "Crybaby" describing your elite player in the national and local media, you know you have problems.

Cutler, I know you don't play by our rules, but it is time to come to the table and get this behind you. Your career is at stake. Want to be playing in Detroit next season?

Comment

• Originally posted by in.the.game View Post
                        word, i knew something was going on in regards to a meeting, anyway.

no respect, huh?

let me ask you this. what has cutler done thus far in his career to deserve the type of respect and blind loyalty that you guys display for him? granted, them notifying him if they were indeed looking to trade him would have been a courtesy.

but, honestly, what has this cat done? we can all see that he is a monster and has all of the potential in the world to be great... but potential is like an unfulfilled promise.

so them treating him with no respect justifies his behavior? to just shun any and all attempt to reconcile?

is it a tit for tat type of thing, cause that is very mature of him.

is this good for the team?

do you think this is conducive to winning?

is this how leaders act?

nope.

it's funny cause you have a picture of dawkins in your sig, and his situation draws similarities in some senses. of course, he wasn't being fished as trade bait, but then again the team that he had been apart of for 13 years did not show very much interest in retaining him. but the differences between the two are what really make me wonder...

here are the two main differences.

1. dawkins made contributions to that team and community over a period of 13 years that are pretty much legendary in philly, more or less a john elway figure out there, i would think. not only that, but he is still playing at a VERY high level. don't believe me? i think you can find plenty of philly fans around here right about now, ask them. but why didn't he get ANY respect out of the front office in philly? i'm talking about the respect and consideration you guys expect our FO to give to cutler.

2. dawkins is a professional and a leader, and has certainly had time to develop into who he is. this is reflected by the way that he has conducted him self in light of that situation. in the many interviews i'm sure he has done and questions he has fielded he maintained a very respectful tone and was tactful in everything i've heard and read. he could have just as easily been a d*** and went off of those cats in philly. he, however, chose to be the bigger man, stay humble and continue about his way. and now, he is with another team and i am sure that he will prove his worth when we travel to philly next season...

i've said it before and i'll say it again. the problem IS NOT cutler being mad, anyone would be mad, the problem is the way that he conducts himself.

you guys put this cat on a pedestal, and justify his every wrong move with some sort of blind ignorant allegiance - the type that is afforded deities - because he has a big arm. i mean shanahan didn't even get that kind of love.. lol

was the FO right? no, probably not, if they really shopped him, it was a bonehead move that can be attributed to youth and inexperience.

was cutler mad? obviously. should he have handled the publicity differently? definitely, why? he could have angled this into his favor with a little bit of creative verbiage... but what did he do? he took a spoon fed interview and still made himself sound like he had pissy diapers.

you guys need to get over him, and he needs to get over himself.

THIS IS BIGGER THAN NINO BROWN!!!!!!
                        most of you probably won't be able to appreciate that....
                        You're right, Cutler hasnt accomplished anything, yet.

On the other hand, neither has Matt Cassel. I dont even view Matt Cassel at the same talent level than Cutler, still a good player, but he'll never amount to more than that.

As far as you trying to spew this crap that Cutler as conducting himself wrong (even if he did, it's not hurting you or the Broncos), why dont you ask him about all the charity events and community services that he does for Denver....then come back here and tell me he carries himself wrong. You are dead wrong on that. Personally I have a problem with the way a lot of people on this board conduct themselves, but guess what, I dont judge them because others might have a problem with the way I conduct myself.

Could Cutler have discussed this differently or gone about a different way of it? Sure, I agree he couldve. But I also have respect for Cutler for having the balls to speak his mind, regardless if you call it whining and want to criticize him for his freedom of speech. I prefer to call it passionate. But that's the difference between me and you. It was a mistake for McD to try and trade him for Cassel, IMO.

I'm not sure what Brian Dawkins even has to do with this conversation, but since you randomly bring him up, I am excited about his signing. And FYI, the Eagles did actively try to bring him back, Denver was just willing to pay 2 million more than the Eagles wouldve liked, so dont gimme that tale.

Basically, I have the god given right to like Cutler, just as you have the right to not like him as a person.

So, no I dont have to get over anything. So here's to disagreeing with you whole heartedly!
                        Last edited by Chidoze; 03-02-2009, 04:50 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

welcome to east coast media.

LT and Rivers will show you around.
                          I love it. east coast bias. i do believe that NFL network is based in LA. isn't that where this whole media circus started? Isn't that where they have former players who always take the side of the players?

You make your own news, and LT and rivers created there own media bias stop using the east coast media as excuse.

The denver organization created this mess and Cutler didn't help by crying to the LOCAL media first so stop the BS.

maybe if there wasn't any west coast bias we wouldn't be heaing about manny and the dodgers every freakin day.
                          Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

• It's possible that they don't want to play this out in the media any longer and want to settle it behind closed doors.
                            http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=30412676
                            MMO Football Game

I like McDaniels, he will be a good coach. Just not for this team. Belichick needed his Cleveland stint to become the coach he is now and McDaniels is showing the same signs.

Comment

• Originally posted by MJA View Post
                              It's possible that they don't want to play this out in the media any longer and want to settle it behind closed doors.
                              But that's not fair to Jay. Jay did nothing wrong here. It was the front office and McDaniels who have been lying to Jay and us. There's no reason why Jay should tuck his tail in and fly all the way out to Denver to do a meeting just so the brass can come out and say 'all is well' without admitting any fault.
                              sigpic

Comment

Well, maybe not a bad person but doesn't know how to handle himself professionally. He's thrown teammates under the bus and, even though the world jumped on Rivers for taunting Cutler, he grabbed his crotch and yelled "suck it" on the 50 yard line. This was reported by Steven A Smith on NFL Live after the incident. That shows a lot because he's playing a game that thousands and thousands of children watch weekly and he's grabbing crotches.
                                Now, he demands a trade and gets all butt hurt when they try to comply with his demands.
                                There's a reason why he's a mental midget on the field

Let me tell a little story. This is a true story, and it fits the conversation of what Jay does or does not do on the field.

Last year my daughter and I were watching basketball. We were watching the Lakers and the Nuggets.

Kobe drives, passes out, goes baseline, gets the pass, and shoots.

He says loud enough for everyone, including the TV cameras to hear "GET UP [email protected]#$!"
                                My daughter instantly looked at me and said "daddy what does "get up b#[email protected]# mean?"

Players cuss on the field/court. They talk crap. They make innapropriate gestures to one another, and sometimes, lol, the crowd.

Just because you didn't see it in your living room doesn't mean it didn't happen.
                                Boom.
                                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Working...
                                X