No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd be ok with it. Yes, Cutler is a good young talent, but he is not indispensable. I am getting really annoyed by his attitude. He feels he is entitled to the job as Denver's QB. McDaniels has no ties to Cutler, whereas he had a rapport with Cassell. He knows Cassell can operate his offense, so it is not unreasonable for him to think about bringing Cassell in to Denver. Now that Cassell is off the market, I think there will be no more trade talks. Unless of course Cutler keeps throwing his temper tantrum. You get paid millions of dollars to play a game, buck up. You want to get back at McDaniels for even contemplating trading you, come out with a fire lit under your a$$ and lead your team to the playoffs. This will show McD that you are a good fit for his system.

Comment

• Originally posted by shardar View Post
      I don't think that this is understandable at all! Either he IS a headcoach, which means that he is able to move to a different place and work with the people that he has there and develop a new system or he IS NOT a headcoach but an assistant that is only able to work with a system he knows and with the people he knows.
      McDaniels proofed one thing this weekend: Obviously he is not able to work with the great talent he has with Jay Cutler and is not able to adjust his system (as far as this is even 'his' system... I'm afraid it's going to be more of a bad copy of New England's system) to Denver's situation. His attempts to get Cassel by even showing the will to give up a 1st round pick, proofs that he is overstrained to develop a new system WITH his QB... and that is just pathetic!
      What kind of HC is that supposed to be?? He gets the job, he gets a team full of talented young players, a team with Jay Cutler, a Pro Bowler, a guy with a really good reputation in this league and all he does is trying to get a backup(!)-QB that played his first season since High School... what does that make you think?
      I guess that McDaniels is not able to communicate his ideas and 'his' system to the players so he decides to go the 'easy' way by just getting New England players to Denver so that he won't have any work with developing his OWN system but to play a cheap copy- version of New England's system.

So... what is understandable about this??
      Huh? I head coach can't bring in players to fit his system? When did this start?

Comment

• That article is DOBA. Cutler needs to grow up. What has he done to show that he is a winner? I don't know what QB is the answer in Denver, but Cutler has alot to do to prove to me he is the man. Tons of QBs have had strong arms but have been weak between the shoulders. Also, I think eveyone tagging Cutler with the term "franchise quarterback" is being premature. He should instead be called 'potential franchise quarterback.'

Flame away everyone, but... McDaniels>Cutler

Comment

• KOA - Perspective on the Cutler Situation

Basically the consensus is that Josh McDaniels did in fact want to get rid of Cutler for Cassel because Cassel is a yes man.

What this means is that Cassel will do exactly what he is told to the dime by McDaniels on the field. Cutler on the other hand is improvisational and makes plays out of nothing, which is something that McDaniels doesn't like. He wants players who do their exact assigned role and nothing else... essentially a roster of Robots.

All of the signings we've had thus far are high character average players, who are seen as people who will fill their role exactly and nothing more. It's basically the exact Patriot mentality and scheme.

They're saying that Cutler is probably still on the block and McDaniels does in fact want to get rid of him in favor of a QB who is like Cassel... a yes man, who plays to the dot how McDaniels wants him to. What this means is that individual skill and talent does not matter to McDaniels as much as people who obey him to the dime.

They also said Cutler looks like Elway at this stage in a ton of aspects and that Pat Bowlen will have a hard decision ahead of him on if he should step in or let things happen.

The Elway comparisons included "acting like a baby" as many of you would put it. Half the people making fun of Cutler don't remember what Elway was like at Cutler's age, which in of itself is hypocritical.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
            Cutler isn't acting like a baby.

His ego is bruised because of the proposed trade, but he eventually would have moved passed that.

The Broncos lied to Jay and they lied about the trade situation, and refuse to publicly acknowledge their lie and apologize for it. For Cutler, there's no reason for him to go to Denver and clear the air when the Broncos are lying and being disingenuous about their attempt to trade Cutler. Cutler knows the truth, as do most of us and the media, and that's why the Broncos won't talk about it any longer publicly.

So no, Jay isn't acting like a baby. He simply doesn't trust the front office right now (rightfully so) and has no reason to drop everything to be at their beck and call.

Here's a thought - why don't McDaniels and Xanders go to Jay? They're the ones that created this mess. Why should Jay have to go to them?
            EXACTLY! The coach and GM are making the whole organization look bad with their rookie mistakes. Maybe Jay should handle it better, but I know I wouldnt. If I found out my boss was being nice to my face and my at the same time trying to stab me in the back....and then lies about it. If I had any pull to get traded, I would use it.

Rookie coach + Rookie GM = crappy year for the Broncs. I cant tell you how pissed I will be if our opening day starter is garcia or leftwich.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Lilrush View Post
              Huh? I head coach can't bring in players to fit his system? When did this start?
              It started when the player that coach wanted to bring in is a starting QB, when that coach inherited Jay MF Cutler! lol :salute!:
              sigpic

:orton: ITS TIME FOR THE ORTONATER!

Comment

• Originally posted by sdsucks View Post
                I just hope by the end of the week, Jay goes to see McD and X and hash this all out. They sign him to a contract extension and everything is peachy. That's my dream at least. :

I hope to hell that happens as well. Maybe a new contract is the only thing that can mend the fences.

I heard several retired players on the radio today say they would demand to be traded if they were Jay. I just hope he doesnt do that.

Im not ready to buy my Garcia jersey.
                sigpic

Comment

• It is just as likely that Cutler and Cook orchestrated this whole thing as it is that McD and Xanders did. King's story is as unsubstantiated as anyone else's. All we know is that there were talks to trade Jay to Tampa in a 3-team deal with New England... we don't know who initiated them, we don't know who broke them off, we know that at the very least, the Broncos listened. And that is not a crime.

Now, if Cutler indeed did ask for a trade when Bates left, then whether he orchestrated this or not, he is the villain here. If Cutler did not ask for a trade, he is not the villain... but he is by no means a victim and he needs to get over himself.

EVERY PLAYER IS REPLACEABLE. Here is a list of quarterbacks that have led their team to a Super Bowl since 98:

Ben Roethlisberger x2
                  Kurt Warner x3
                  Eli Manning
                  Tom Brady x4
                  Peyton Manning
                  Rex Grossman
                  Matt Hassleback
                  Donovan McNabb
                  Jake Dehomme
                  Brad Johnson
                  Rich Gannon
                  Kerry Collins
                  Trent Dilfer
                  Steve McNair
                  John Elway
                  Chris Chandler

The ones in bold are QBs that were either selected on the 2nd day of the draft, or were available as free agents (or in the case of Grossman, on the trade block for nothing) very early in their career. 15-7 in favor of the QBs in bold. If we lose Cutler, HE WILL BE REPLACED. No one player is bigger than the team in the Salary Cap Era, and Jay needs to realize that, even if he were as good as he thinks he is.
                  Sent from my Human Cent-iPad

Comment

• That's alright, Wilbon said he would take Cassel over Cutler on PTI tonight. He wouldn't stop dropping Cutler's 17-20 record as a starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by troylightfoot View Post
                      I still have yet to see hard evidence that McDaniels was trying to trade Jay Cutler. You are being a drama queen dude just like Jay
                      LOL.

Seriously man...what more proof do you need...McDaniels to call you personally?

It's been reported by every media outlet. Cutler said he KNOWS for sure. Which means teams leaked it, and his agent likely got calls from teams as well after it all happened.

I think we should all accept that it definitely happened. It didn't go the way McD thought, and then they were to busy trying to cover their tracks instead of patching it up.

If McD would of owned up to it and spoke to Jay about it right away it would of blown over. Instead he tried to lie that it ever happened....and all that did was piss Jay off. It's just a mess.

Comment

• It is true Mojo that Jay is definitely the one being screwed here, but he needs to reconcile this for not only the sake of the team, but for the sake of the fan base who are going nuts. To me, a fair compromise is a joint press conference with a public apology by Josh first for lying and not alerting Jay to trade talks. Then they can both handshake and hug and be done with this mess.
                        http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=30412676
                        MMO Football Game

I like McDaniels, he will be a good coach. Just not for this team. Belichick needed his Cleveland stint to become the coach he is now and McDaniels is showing the same signs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bradshaw3001 View Post
                          It is just as likely that Cutler and Cook orchestrated this whole thing as it is that McD and Xanders did. King's story is as unsubstantiated as anyone else's. All we know is that there were talks to trade Jay to Tampa in a 3-team deal with New England... we don't know who initiated them, we don't know who broke them off, we know that at the very least, the Broncos listened. And that is not a crime.

Now, if Cutler indeed did ask for a trade when Bates left, then whether he orchestrated this or not, he is the villain here. If Cutler did not ask for a trade, he is not the villain... but he is by no means a victim and he needs to get over himself.

EVERY PLAYER IS REPLACEABLE. Here is a list of quarterbacks that have led their team to a Super Bowl since 98:

Ben Roethlisberger x2
                          Kurt Warner x3
                          Eli Manning
                          Tom Brady x4
                          Peyton Manning
                          Rex Grossman
                          Matt Hassleback
                          Donovan McNabb
                          Jake Dehomme
                          Brad Johnson
                          Rich Gannon
                          Kerry Collins
                          Trent Dilfer
                          Steve McNair
                          John Elway
                          Chris Chandler

The ones in bold are QBs that were either selected on the 2nd day of the draft, or were available as free agents (or in the case of Grossman, on the trade block for nothing) very early in their career. 15-7 in favor of the QBs in bold. If we lose Cutler, HE WILL BE REPLACED. No one player is bigger than the team in the Salary Cap Era, and Jay needs to realize that, even if he were as good as he thinks he is.
                          That could be ending next year

Comment

• King has got to name his sources

This is by far the most damning part of this crazy story.

The facts have got to come out.

King should name his sources, or they should come out themselves.

For King to say Jay Cutler asked to be traded after Bates left gives McDaniels every right to seek a trade for a malcontent QB that doesn't want to play for him.

I would too.

King is extremely irresponsible writing that without naming his sources imo, and it really destroys Jay Cutler's credibility.

I don't see why Jay would be pissed at all if he asked to be traded earlier.

Makes no sense. I think King's sources are lying to him.
                            sigpic

Comment

• How can you agree with Cutler?

Like by now we all know the new management were listening to offers for Cutler and he reacted by being "totally shocked" and comparing himself to Brady and the Mannings.

I love Cutler as the Broncos QB as much as the next person but he IS NOT being a team player. For all we know in the early years people were proposing trades for Eli before the run to the Super Bowl, but guess what, he didn't make it more of an issue than it was, he just rolled with the punches and then got himself a ring. You sure as hell don't hear those "Silly Giants for trading Rivers for Manning" comments anymore do you.

If he wants to be a spoilt brat about the situation, then let him, he has to turn up to camp and play the season like everyone else and lets be honest, if he kicks up a fuss and has a down year it will only make him look worse and then we can trade him for one of the more experienced (College wise like Bradford of McCoy) QB's who will be out next year.

There is no real point for trading Cutler as we would need the #1 pick for Stafford and everyone behind him is rubbish in this draft.

We all should remember one thing, winning repairs relationships, its been shown many a time in the past and we shouldn't see this situation any differently, like what do we really expect from a 'Bus' client.

He needs to see that he is a member of the Broncos, not THE Broncos in their entirety as you sure as hell can't win a Super Bowl without your teammates, but you can win one without a QB, proven by the Ravens etc.

I know alot of you won't agree what im saying as there is alot of love for Cutler and there dam right should be after what he has done for the city and the team, but he has turned into mini Farve with his OTT reactions and mouthing off to the media before talking to the organization.
                              Last edited by sntnl; 03-02-2009, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
                                Honestly I give chops and bravado to Cutler.

he's calling out McDaniles and seriously McD does need to be called out. He tried to throw a cupe and it backfired on him horribly.

Besides he was not 'angry' , '*****y' or 'winey' as most of the Idiot Brigage would love to say.

The thing is, McD is scared of the team, he's scared of Cutler and he's scared of the fan base going on a which hunt if he cannot win any games. Hense why he was desperate to get Castle a QB who's his comfort zone that he knows will play safe and do what he's told then to mold a QB who has a unique persionality and wants the best from himself and everyone. As well not afraid of telling it like it is.

If you tell it like it is I guess your called, *****y winey or angry... worse yet a permadonna.

The thing is communication could have gone both ways but Cutler was trying to figure out what the hell was going on, didnt get anything so he went to the one place where McD WOULD have to pay attention and thats the media. Who knows if Cutler didnt do what he did he could have been out of Denver without being notified until he got the call of "Hey jay guess what your gonna be playing for the Bucs now, I got castle so goodbye." from McD
                                first off no one is saying he can't be angry so relax. he's has a right to be upset and I will never knock someone for being emotional but how you handle adversity tells me something about the guy.

By going to the local media right after he find out what was going on seems childish what about laying low but still being very upset. what about letting managemnt have it a private meeting with them.

he allowed the media to dictate how this was going to be portrayed so he definitely didn't help the situation out.

Is this what he's going to do when the chips are down in a big game in the 4th qt and he doesn't get a call, he just going to cry and whine to the refs instead of getting back out thier and lead his team?

not the first time he ask for a trade so you guys that defend him like he's montana, i don't remember montana crying to the media after SF got rid of hm and he went to KC. he just led KC to two straight playoff seasons.

Right now he lacks maturity whether you like it or not. remember we cracked on rivers for lacking maturity and we got the same thing.
                                Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Working...
                                X