No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's funny is, more and more players seem to pop up and have a problem with the situation and the way it was handled.

But the fans are all butt hurt because Cutler didnt bend over and act like a good ole' boy and keep quiet about it. Please, grow some balls and learn to stand up for yourselves people. If you would let your place of employment treat you like that, you'd be pissed too, so dont gimme that, "Cutler's a baby, and a whiner!"

At least he has the balls to stand up for himself, unlike a few members of this board who would rather he lay low and not say a word.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chidoze View Post
      You're right, Cutler hasnt accomplished anything, yet.

On the other hand, neither has Matt Cassel. I dont even view Matt Cassel at the same talent level than Cutler, still a good player, but he'll never amount to more than that.

As far as you trying to spin Cutler as detrimental, why dont you ask him about all the charity events and community services that he does for Denver....then come back here and tell me he carries himself wrong. You are dead wrong on that.

Could Cutler have discussed this differently or gone about a different way of it? Sure, I agree he couldve. But I also have respect for Cutler for having the balls to speak his mind, regardless if you call it whining. I prefer to call it passionate. But that's the difference between me and you. It was a mistake for McD to try and trade him for Cassel, IMO.

I'm not sure what Brian Dawkins even has to this conversation, but since you randomly bring him up, I am excited about his signing. And FYI, the Eagles did actively try to bring him back, Denver was just willing to pay 2 million more than the Eagles wouldve liked, so dont gimme that tale.

Basically, I have the god given right to like Cutler, just as you have the right to not like him as a person.

So, no I dont have to get over anything. So here's to disagreeing with you whole heartedly!
      i'm not disagreeing that it was a mistake to shop dude! lol.... but cutler should have taken the high road. period.

i'm not knocking the dude for what he does in the community or lack there of. i think we all are very aware of the work he does in denver and nationally specifically with diabetes.

the way he is acting in the arena of professional football shouldn't take away from his charitable efforts, and i don't think it does.

it is, however, detrimental in regards to team chemistry and cohesiveness... especially when we talk about player/coach relationships. him saying that if he leaves there are going to be big problems... that sort of carries some pretty bold connotations as far as how he expects his teammates to treat the new staff.

and cutler having balls? i think that there is a distinct difference between being ballsy and being callous.

whining - passionate... lol, you say potayto i say pototto, i guess.

maybe he'll grow up one day...

Comment

• Originally posted by TheComeBackKid View Post
        That's alright, Wilbon said he would take Cassel over Cutler on PTI tonight. He wouldn't stop dropping Cutler's 17-20 record as a starter.
        He would probably have taken Phil Simms over Elway in 1990 also, and probably Terry Bradshaw too.

I bet he thinks Joe Namath is an all-time great QB also.
        sigpic

Comment

• Everyone does need to calm down. Don't be like the media and make this thing bigger than it is. You just got to give them both time to make mends and stop bashing both of them!

And for BMarsh. i don't know whats up with the guy but i won't say anything about him until we know the facts about the incident
          Please insert a sig here.

laziness isn't healthy :go:

Comment

• Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
            Basically the consensus is that Josh McDaniels did in fact want to get rid of Cutler for Cassel because Cassel is a yes man.

What this means is that Cassel will do exactly what he is told to the dime by McDaniels on the field. Cutler on the other hand is improvisational and makes plays out of nothing, which is something that McDaniels doesn't like. He wants players who do their exact assigned role and nothing else... essentially a roster of Robots.

All of the signings we've had thus far are high character average players, who are seen as people who will fill their role exactly and nothing more. It's basically the exact Patriot mentality and scheme.

They're saying that Cutler is probably still on the block and McDaniels does in fact want to get rid of him in favor of a QB who is like Cassel... a yes man, who plays to the dot how McDaniels wants him to. What this means is that individual skill and talent does not matter to McDaniels as much as people who obey him to the dime.

They also said Cutler looks like Elway at this stage in a ton of aspects and that Pat Bowlen will have a hard decision ahead of him on if he should step in or let things happen.

The Elway comparisons included "acting like a baby" as many of you would put it. Half the people making fun of Cutler don't remember what Elway was like at Cutler's age, which in of itself is hypocritical.
            Good post. I think it is all on Pats shoulders. Pat needs to tell McDaniels to cool down.
            Go Broncos!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBill027 View Post
              No he said there will be problems if we trade him... meaning the players he's developed a relationship with over his 3 years here will be upset... Not saying he is the franchise... he's saying he's the franchise QB..
              Not impressed with this quote.

Originally posted by BroncoBill027 View Post
              Yes I am upset just like EVERYONE, whether they be pissed at the FO, McDumbass, or Cutler... I need to calm down before posting? What? I come here to express my feelings about the Broncos... whether those feelings are calm or not shouldn't make any difference...
              Is this serious? Of course you should be calm.

Comment

• I agree with Jay. I would be mad if I heard my team wanted to trade me. I don't care if I play like Van Pelt. It would still piss me off.

Comment

• Dude, shut up
                  sigpic
                  "Made by White Dragon - 8/26/10"
                  Great Job & thanks, WD!

"He had a better career than [Hall of Famer Gale] Sayers did, but he is not held in the same regard. Is that fair to Davis?"--Dan Patrick, ESPN

“A great shot is when you pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it.” --Phil Mickelson, 2010 Masters champion

Comment

• Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                    When did you fall out of the Intelligent Tree? I'm somewhat surprised, silk.......

Yeah, me too. I used to think he made intelligent posts.

sigpic
                    They're your teammates, now.
                    Best of luck, TT!
                    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

• Originally posted by porkadachop View Post
                      That article is DOBA. Cutler needs to grow up. What has he done to show that he is a winner? I don't know what QB is the answer in Denver, but Cutler has alot to do to prove to me he is the man. Tons of QBs have had strong arms but have been weak between the shoulders. Also, I think eveyone tagging Cutler with the term "franchise quarterback" is being premature. He should instead be called 'potential franchise quarterback.'

Flame away everyone, but... McDaniels>Cutler
                      First of all, Woj is an idiot. He is a Steelers beat reporter on ESPN's payroll. He never has ANYTHING good to say about anyone except the Steelers.
                      http://search.espn.go.com/gene-wojciechowski/stories/5
                      Go take a look.

Second of all...McDaniels>Cutler...how do you figure?

How many wins does McDaniels have as compared to Cutler? Last I checked they don't keep track of O-Coordinators wins and losses.

McDaniels is an idiot and should be fired on the spot, and media hacks like Wojciechowski should never be taken seriously. He is just trying to generate page hits and keep his job, like every other idiot in the media who thought it was a good idea to take every little rumor they hear and run with it.
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by sntnl View Post
                        Like by now we all know the new management were listening to offers for Cutler and he reacted by being "totally shocked" and comparing himself to Brady and the Mannings.

I love Cutler as the Broncos QB as much as the next person but he IS NOT being a team player. For all we know in the early years people were proposing trades for Eli before the run to the Super Bowl, but guess what, he didn't make it more of an issue than it was, he just rolled with the punches and then got himself a ring. You sure as hell don't hear those "Silly Giants for trading Rivers for Manning" comments anymore do you.

If he wants to be a spoilt brat about the situation, then let him, he has to turn up to camp and play the season like everyone else and lets be honest, if he kicks up a fuss and has a down year it will only make him look worse and then we can trade him for one of the more experienced (College wise like Bradford of McCoy) QB's who will be out next year.

There is no real point for trading Cutler as we would need the #1 pick for Stafford and everyone behind him is rubbish in this draft.

We all should remember one thing, winning repairs relationships, its been shown many a time in the past and we shouldn't see this situation any differently, like what do we really expect from a 'Bus' client.

He needs to see that he is a member of the Broncos, not THE Broncos in their entirety as you sure as hell can't win a Super Bowl without your teammates, but you can win one without a QB, proven by the Ravens etc.

I know alot of you won't agree what im saying as there is alot of love for Cutler and there dam right should be after what he has done for the city and the team, but he has turned into mini Farve with his OTT reactions and mouthing off to the media before talking to the organization.

Dude,

Shut up!
                        sigpic
                        "Made by White Dragon - 8/26/10"
                        Great Job & thanks, WD!

"He had a better career than [Hall of Famer Gale] Sayers did, but he is not held in the same regard. Is that fair to Davis?"--Dan Patrick, ESPN

“A great shot is when you pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it.” --Phil Mickelson, 2010 Masters champion

Comment

• Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
                          Basically the consensus is that Josh McDaniels did in fact want to get rid of Cutler for Cassel because Cassel is a yes man.

What this means is that Cassel will do exactly what he is told to the dime by McDaniels on the field. Cutler on the other hand is improvisational and makes plays out of nothing, which is something that McDaniels doesn't like. He wants players who do their exact assigned role and nothing else... essentially a roster of Robots.

All of the signings we've had thus far are high character average players, who are seen as people who will fill their role exactly and nothing more. It's basically the exact Patriot mentality and scheme.

They're saying that Cutler is probably still on the block and McDaniels does in fact want to get rid of him in favor of a QB who is like Cassel... a yes man, who plays to the dot how McDaniels wants him to. What this means is that individual skill and talent does not matter to McDaniels as much as people who obey him to the dime.

They also said Cutler looks like Elway at this stage in a ton of aspects and that Pat Bowlen will have a hard decision ahead of him on if he should step in or let things happen.

The Elway comparisons included "acting like a baby" as many of you would put it. Half the people making fun of Cutler don't remember what Elway was like at Cutler's age, which in of itself is hypocritical.

I'm not one that has made fum of Cutler, and I am old enough to remember Elway...The difference is, Elway kept it in the lockerroom.

One the other hand, Elway could confide in Shanny...Bates was Cutler's Shanny, leaving Jay with no one to confide in.

I see Cutler being traded, Doogie McLovin struggling for a season or two, only to be fired then,and starting over again, next time without Cutler.

People here wanted "change", hope they're happy. I'm not.

Comment

• Originally posted by 203KillinSpree View Post
                            Mike Francesa had the nerve to say that Cassel has more mobility than our main man Cutler. What a joke!
                            It's really pissing me off how after ONE season of getting to the playoffs with one of the best teams ever in history, Cassell is seen as amazing. Yet Jay has increasingly better #'s and great playing with a mediocre team for the past three seasons and getting to the Pro Bowl last year, he is still questioned by the east coast, mainstream NFL analysts

Whatever, I just heard Jason Taylor is released by Miami...we do need a DE...just sayin...
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by in.the.game View Post
                              i'm not disagreeing that it was a mistake to shop dude! lol.... but cutler should have taken the high road. period.

i'm not knocking the dude for what he does in the community or lack there of. i think we all are very aware of the work he does in denver and nationally specifically with diabetes.

the way he is acting in the arena of professional football shouldn't take away from his charitable efforts, and i don't think it does.

it is, however, detrimental in regards to team chemistry and cohesiveness... especially when we talk about player/coach relationships. him saying that if he leaves there are going to be big problems... that sort of carries some pretty bold connotations as far as how he expects his teammates to treat the new staff.

and cutler having balls? i think that there is a distinct difference between being ballsy and being callous.

whining - passionate... lol, you say potayto i say pototto, i guess.

maybe he'll grow up one day...
                              Yet you still take shots at him.....why do you do that? Why do you insist?

You have absolutely no right to judge him, yet you sit there and tell him to grow up.

I'd like to see you're life on display so that everytime you make a mistake, I can sit there and call you a baby or a whiner and to grow up.

Did you ever think that his team mates probably support him in this?

I dont think that the chemistry or cohesiveness is in question with the coaches, it's the trust and respect. Give everyone ample enough time to cool off and let cooler heads prevail, trust and respect can be rebuilt.
                              sigpic

Comment

• it just been 2 days! and he's just blowing off steam at that moment.
                                he just need some time off
                                Please insert a sig here.

laziness isn't healthy :go:

Comment

Working...
                                X