McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOH! OHH!

THE GUY FROM ESPN SAYS CUTLER SUCKS, SO HE MUST REALLY SUCK!

This is what the media wants you to do. Instead of saying something sane, they wanna twist it even further to generate conversation.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chidoze View Post
      You're right, Cutler hasnt accomplished anything, yet.

On the other hand, neither has Matt Cassel. I dont even view Matt Cassel at the same talent level than Cutler, still a good player, but he'll never amount to more than that.

As far as you trying to spew this crap that Cutler as conducting himself wrong (even if he did, it's not hurting you or the Broncos), why dont you ask him about all the charity events and community services that he does for Denver....then come back here and tell me he carries himself wrong. You are dead wrong on that. Personally I have a problem with the way a lot of people on this board conduct themselves, but guess what, I dont judge them because others might have a problem with the way I conduct myself.

Could Cutler have discussed this differently or gone about a different way of it? Sure, I agree he couldve. But I also have respect for Cutler for having the balls to speak his mind, regardless if you call it whining and want to criticize him for his freedom of speech. I prefer to call it passionate. But that's the difference between me and you. It was a mistake for McD to try and trade him for Cassel, IMO.

I'm not sure what Brian Dawkins even has to do with this conversation, but since you randomly bring him up, I am excited about his signing. And FYI, the Eagles did actively try to bring him back, Denver was just willing to pay 2 million more than the Eagles wouldve liked, so dont gimme that tale.

Basically, I have the god given right to like Cutler, just as you have the right to not like him as a person.

So, no I dont have to get over anything. So here's to disagreeing with you whole heartedly!
      it's not about Cassel, it's about Cutler and his reaction to adversity.
      Though cassel has only one season, McDaniels can coach him, ever since McDaniels was hired Cutler demanded a trade and again voice his opinion about his displeasure with the hire.

that right there show you he can't handle change. mcdaniels notice that and didn't feel he was his guy, subconsciencely.
      I didn't like how mcdaniels handle it either but hes the coach and runs the show not jay. when jay becomes elway then he can do to McD what john did to reeves.
      Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

• Originally posted by megirb444 View Post
        It's really pissing me off how after ONE season of getting to the playoffs with one of the best teams ever in history, Cassell is seen as amazing. Yet Jay has increasingly better #'s and great playing with a mediocre team for the past three seasons and getting to the Pro Bowl last year, he is still questioned by the east coast, mainstream NFL analysts

Whatever, I just heard Jason Taylor is released by Miami...we do need a DE...just sayin...
        Pats didn't make playoffs last season :go:

Comment

• So you would rather have a QB who might just throw the season and play badly to prove a point?

Either give Cutler his pat on the back with a contract extension so he can get his mind on learning one of the hardest play books in the NFL or get rid of him and get someone in to do it.

In no way am I saying we can find someone of his caliber in the draft or any trade, but how does he plan on competing with the other top AFC teams when he refuses to talk to the coach.

This is business, stuff happens, you can't just ignore the people you work for, its just bloody counter productive. If your mad with your boss you still turn up to work, you don't stay home and pout about it.

Comment

• I'm sure we'd have heard about it by now if Cutler or Cook were behind it.

When 15 different sources are all saying the same thing.....where there's smoke, there's fire.
            sigpic

Comment

• Peter King never cited a source. He said he "heard" that Cutler asked for a trade.

He could have "heard" it in the bathroom while he was taking a crap. That whole article by King is nothing but "I heard", "I believe", "I think", and "I'm pretty sure" all without ever citing a source. He is just trying to get his own spin in.

Oh, and everyone wants to talk about how Jay Cutler can't keep his mouth shut, and just says what's on his mind.
              If Jay wanted out, he would have already said so. End of discussion.

McDaniels is an idiot, and should be fired on the spot because his man-crush on a career backup caused this wildfire.
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• It more annoys me that after the mishandling by McD, Cutler could have come out, reacted in a professional way and then there wouldn't even be a mutter of anti-Cutler comments. Because of this between the sports writers in America are blaming McD and Cutler when only one should really have the blame.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheComeBackKid View Post
                  That's true..they didn't even make the playoffs! Just an 11-5 season...which was better than our .500 season but still Cutler has no D on his side
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TheComeBackKid View Post
                    I love denver but we didn't either and we had it easier then the pats. They had a back up almost win them the division at 11-5 let not say who didn't make the playoffs .
                    Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

• Originally posted by bklynbronco View Post
                      it's not about Cassel, it's about Cutler and his reaction to adversity.
                      Though cassel has only one season, McDaniels can coach him, ever since McDaniels was hired Cutler demanded a trade and again voice his opinion about his displeasure with the hire.

that right there show you he can't handle change. mcdaniels notice that and didn't feel he was his guy, subconsciencely.
                      I didn't like how mcdaniels handle it either but hes the coach and runs the show not jay. when jay becomes elway then he can do to McD what john did to reeves.
                      I agree Cutler wasnt happy about the Shanahan firing, but no where, ever, did I see reports that Cutler was UNHAPPY about the McDaniels hiring. So I'm going to assume you are speculating here. In fact, every interview or story I read had Cutler stating that he was excited about the opportunity and had already started preparing for the new offensive scheme and was developing a relationship with McDaniels.

So in short, I have heard a completely different story than you have, and I disagree with that assumption that he has been dissatisfied from day 1.
                      sigpic

Comment

• The only ones who aren't speculating is Cutler and Cook, clearly what they know about what happened goes beyond the Broncos taking inquires.

The one thing I can't get over is Doogie wanting to trade Cutler for Cassel, that's inexcusable.......Monumentally stupid.......This is the idiot that's in complete control of the Denver Broncos.

I thought it was supposed to be different this time, but it's out with the old Egomaniac/Control Freak, in with the new. Yet the new one has proven only that he can implode a franchise.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Chidoze View Post
                          Yet you still take shots at him.....why do you do that? Why do you insist?

You have absolutely no right to judge him, yet you sit there and tell him to grow up.

I'd like to see you're life on display so that everytime you make a mistake, I can sit there and call you a baby or a whiner and to grow up.

Did you ever think that his team mates probably support him in this?

I dont think that the chemistry or cohesiveness is in question with the coaches, it's the trust and respect. Give everyone ample enough time to cool off and let cooler heads prevail, trust and respect can be rebuilt.
                          i'm not still taking shots at him, i am defending my stance, as are you.

i have as much a right to judge him as you have a right to back him, because believe it or not, that's still passing judgment. and it's not like i'm condemning him to burn in hell or anything.

i'm sure that everything will cool down by the time camp comes around, but cutler isn't doing anything to help the situation, you know... that's my problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by sntnl View Post
                            So you would rather have a QB who might just throw the season and play badly to prove a point?

Either give Cutler his pat on the back with a contract extension so he can get his mind on learning one of the hardest play books in the NFL or get rid of him and get someone in to do it.

In no way am I saying we can find someone of his caliber in the draft or any trade, but how does he plan on competing with the other top AFC teams when he refuses to talk to the coach.

This is business, stuff happens, you can't just ignore the people you work for, its just bloody counter productive. If your mad with your boss you still turn up to work, you don't stay home and pout about it.
                            Actually, he'd be more likely to have a killer season and then demand a trade or wait for the end of his contract and then refuse to sign with Denver. If he tanked a season, no one would touch him with a ten foot pole. Think these things out before you put it into words
                            Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• Come on enough is enough ----

There is noway Jay would throw the Season or a Single Game, this kid has worked his whole life for this and will get over it or leave Town but to say he
                              would throw a game or play bad on purpose is a very **** Comment.

At the End of the Day he must suck it up and call it what it was, A very Bad Mistake by the Denver Front Office
                              We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post

However, if we are to believe Peter King, then Cutler asked for a trade. And if he asked for a trade, it makes no logical sense for him to be as upset and 'shocked' that a trade almost happened this weekend.
                                I have been wrestling with since this morning. I DO NOT LIKE PETER KING ONE BIT but the guy tends to have his stories straight before going to press.

We know Jay doesn't like Denver-the city, some of the fans, and the media. There was an entire thread discussing it just over a month ago. Cutlerfan posted a few items to clear the air a bit.

I don't think we will ever know the details of what has transpired. I do know that when this all broke I was in Jay's corner. As time passes though, I find myself in the team's corner or disgusted with both!

Comment

Working...
                                X