McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cutler=wins View Post
    As i have been saying and preaching!!! He said he HAS A BIG PROBLEM with the stunt mcdaniels pulled. That big guy also 2nd TD's comments i knew i was right anyway but it sure was nice to hear it from a true bronco himself:cutler:
    so because TD says so everything is good in denver land?

there have been many a time i didn't agree with TD and I love him to death.
    his word isn't gospel and players always stick up for other players.

Mcdaniels was wrong for not admitting what he was trying to do but Cutler going to the media to have this escalate even more shows he can't handle adversity.
    Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

• Off the phone with CBS4, about King's bombshell

And Steve Cox of the sports department said they have been talking to Cutler the last couple of days, and they asked Cutler if he had asked to be traded,

and Jay Cutler said

"I have never asked to be traded".

There is no way Cutler was King's source for that comment, it had to come from either a source with no knowledge which I doubt King would use, or the Broncos Front Office, which is the obvious reason.

This means that the Front Office is laying the groundwork to trade Jay Cutler anyway, by stating he asked to be traded when Bates left giving them ample reason.

The Broncos are "not talking" to anyone about the situation, except isn't it interesting that Peter King gets this bombshell and throws it down, and walks away from it like it is nothing.

Steve Cox said he did the same thing on Colin Cowherds show this morning.

If this is true, and the FO is trashing Jay Cutler so they can move him, I have to consider putting my beloved Broncos away until these morons running the team are put to pasture.

And then there is Pat Bowlen...

Where are you, the Owner who said Jay is the man here?
      Last edited by blue diamond; 03-02-2009, 05:19 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Duh... McDaniel's has been trying to trade Jay Cutler the whole time. And then he's lied about it, saying he never intended too.

This isn't new news to me. But thanks anyways. :thumb:

Comment

• Originally posted by in.the.game View Post
          i'm not still taking shots at him, i am defending my stance, as are you.

i have as much a right to judge him as you have a right to back him, because believe it or not, that's still passing judgment. and it's not like i'm condemning him to burn in hell or anything.

i'm sure that everything will cool down by the time camp comes around, but cutler isn't doing anything to help the situation, you know... that's my problem.
          So he's taking a few days to calm his head. It's a rational choice and one I fully understand. I have no problem with that, whatsoever.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by sntnl View Post
            It more annoys me that after the mishandling by McD, Cutler could have come out, reacted in a professional way and then there wouldn't even be a mutter of anti-Cutler comments. Because of this between the sports writers in America are blaming McD and Cutler when only one should really have the blame.
            McDaniels, for not being up front with Cutler, shutting him out from communication, initially going with a "no comment" bs answer while he could come up with a good story, and then pretending that there never was any intention to even consider a trade, when it's obvious that this is not the entire truth (although I do believe after thinking things over he decided against it, but I seriously doubt that he never entertained the offer). And now the FO for not doing a good enough job of fixing this issue. If they were serious, instead of trying to get Cutler to come back to Denver, they'd send someone out to talk to Cutler. People seem to be portraying him as a prima donna, but did you stop and consider maybe Cutler wants to cool down a bit before talking to them so he doesn't overreact (remember he said himself he just wants to lay low a while and think things over, I believe that perhaps he came to the realization that he overreacted and didn't want to make things worse). Nothing wrong with letting both sides simmer a bit before having a face-to-face. It's kind of like the saying, don't go to bed angry, but instead don't go to Denver angry lol.
            Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chidoze View Post
              What's funny is, more and more players seem to pop up and have a problem with the situation and the way it was handled.

But the fans are all butt hurt because Cutler didnt bend over and act like a good ole' boy and keep quiet about it. Please, grow some balls and learn to stand up for yourselves people. If you would let your place of employment treat you like that, you'd be pissed too, so dont gimme that, "Cutler's a baby, and a whiner!"

At least he has the balls to stand up for himself, unlike a few members of this board who would rather he lay low and not say a word.
              because it's a business, just saturday the eagles wouldn't give dawkins 3 mil dollars so that he can retire as eagle and now he's a bronco. there is no loyalty in this league and people need to stop taking everything so personal. nothing surprises me anymore so yes he needs to handle adversity cause this won't be the 1st or the last time he will see it.
              Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

• Yeah, thanks TD.

When asked who is the best QB right now in the AFC West he said as I cringe "Phillip Rivers".

Thanks alot!!!!
                sigpicThanks to Freyaka for the sick Sig pic!!

Comment

• Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                  Duh... McDaniel's has been trying to trade Jay Cutler the whole time. And then he's lied about it, saying he never intended too.

This isn't new news to me. But thanks anyways. :thumb:
                  The news is that Jay never asked to be traded...which is what Peter King said. The news is that the Broncos are leaking that to King so that can use that as reason to move him. Duh...
                  sigpic

Comment

• Jay Cutler DESERVES to be pissed off.

McDummy literally threw him under the bus and tried to trade him away for Matt friken "boy toy" Cassel!

And on top of all that, he LIED about saying he "NEVER intended to trade Jay".

Jay could have made himself look a little better by meeting up with the coach, but to say he's acting like a kid or a baby... Hell, you would too if you were thrown under the bus.

:cutler:

Comment

• Originally posted by bklynbronco View Post
                      because it's a business, just saturday the eagles wouldn't give dawkins 3 mil dollars so that he can retire as eagle and now he's a bronco. there is no loyalty in this league and people need to stop taking everything so personal. nothing surprises me anymore so yes he needs to handle adversity cause this won't be the 1st or the last time he will see it.
                      Being a QB in denver requires you to handle adversity. Hell, even playing at Vanderbilt requires you to handle as much adversity.

The problem you have with him is the way he handles it, by speaking his mind. I respect that. Could he do it anther way? Sure can. He chooses to tell it how it is and what he's feeling.

Cutler's obviously a very passionate player and did not expect these problems, and usually the first reaction is the correct one.

As far as adversity goes, believe me, Cutler's handled it, just not the way YOU want him to.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by blue diamond View Post
                        The news is that Jay never asked to be traded...which is what Peter King said. The news is that the Broncos are leaking that to King so that can use that as reason to move him. Duh...
                        CIA back office/ ex patriot spygate member.

FTL.

Comment

• Originally posted by cutler=wins View Post
                          As i have been saying and preaching!!! He said he HAS A BIG PROBLEM with the stunt mcdaniels pulled. That big guy also 2nd TD's comments i knew i was right anyway but it sure was nice to hear it from a true bronco himself:cutler:
                          ROFL, I hate to jump on this bandwagon but that is the funniest thing I have read in awhile. But it is understandable, it is not like Warren Sapp played for a division rival or anything

Comment

• Originally posted by sbutk View Post
                            Yeah, me too. I used to think he made intelligent posts.

Let's not do this, I started it and I'll end it, silk is an outstanding poster, I was just wondering when and why he's done a 180 on Cutler.......

Comment

• i wouldnt believe any of them at this point (Front office, Cutler, the Media) its all abunch of crap and its snow balled into some big steaming pile of dog dung.
                              "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by VA BroncosFan View Post
                                Yeah, thanks TD.

When asked who is the best QB right now in the AFC West he said as I cringe "Phillip Rivers".

Thanks alot!!!!
                                Don't forget he also said that Rivers deserved to be in the Probowl this year (we can assume he was implying over Cutler).

Comment

Working...
                                X