McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    I have no clue what this post is trying to point out.

Cassel being a "yes man", and doing everything he was told, led to him having a Pro Bowl type season in the NFL, in his first year starting in 7 years.

Perhaps if Denver had more "yes men", they would have more than 1 playoff win in the last 10 years.
    THere have been a TON of QBs coming off the bench and had good seasons leading the team when they were nothing but a back-up. Lets not name him some kind of "leader and mesiah" of QBs based off one decent year with a team that just went 18-1 the season before. Not quite going to ahve that same surrounding cast anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutty6006 View Post
      What the hell are you talking about man? Shows how intelligent you are by turning to pointless name calling and ridiculous accusations.
      Nearly as intelligent as saying my comments are unjustified just because I don't really post of THESE forums?

Comment

• Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
        Basically the consensus is that Josh McDaniels did in fact want to get rid of Cutler for Cassel because Cassel is a yes man.

What this means is that Cassel will do exactly what he is told to the dime by McDaniels on the field. Cutler on the other hand is improvisational and makes plays out of nothing, which is something that McDaniels doesn't like. He wants players who do their exact assigned role and nothing else... essentially a roster of Robots.

All of the signings we've had thus far are high character average players, who are seen as people who will fill their role exactly and nothing more. It's basically the exact Patriot mentality and scheme.

They're saying that Cutler is probably still on the block and McDaniels does in fact want to get rid of him in favor of a QB who is like Cassel... a yes man, who plays to the dot how McDaniels wants him to. What this means is that individual skill and talent does not matter to McDaniels as much as people who obey him to the dime.

They also said Cutler looks like Elway at this stage in a ton of aspects and that Pat Bowlen will have a hard decision ahead of him on if he should step in or let things happen.

The Elway comparisons included "acting like a baby" as many of you would put it. Half the people making fun of Cutler don't remember what Elway was like at Cutler's age, which in of itself is hypocritical.

That's totally missing the point.

McDaniels doesn't want "robots to obey him" he wants to players that, as the Pats always say, DO THEIR JOB.

That's not really a bad thing for a coach to be seeking players that he is comfortable with and he knows will do their job.
        sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

• Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
          Basically the consensus is that Josh McDaniels did in fact want to get rid of Cutler for Cassel because Cassel is a yes man.

What this means is that Cassel will do exactly what he is told to the dime by McDaniels on the field. Cutler on the other hand is improvisational and makes plays out of nothing, which is something that McDaniels doesn't like. He wants players who do their exact assigned role and nothing else... essentially a roster of Robots.

All of the signings we've had thus far are high character average players, who are seen as people who will fill their role exactly and nothing more. It's basically the exact Patriot mentality and scheme.

They're saying that Cutler is probably still on the block and McDaniels does in fact want to get rid of him in favor of a QB who is like Cassel... a yes man, who plays to the dot how McDaniels wants him to. What this means is that individual skill and talent does not matter to McDaniels as much as people who obey him to the dime.

They also said Cutler looks like Elway at this stage in a ton of aspects and that Pat Bowlen will have a hard decision ahead of him on if he should step in or let things happen.

The Elway comparisons included "acting like a baby" as many of you would put it. Half the people making fun of Cutler don't remember what Elway was like at Cutler's age, which in of itself is hypocritical.
          What a big bunch of psycho-babble.

NO ONE in Denver, and certainly not a KOA jock, is qualified to talk about Matt Cassel, or what reasons McDaniels may have had in trading for him.

It's all speculation.

For me, my guess is McDaniels was, as are alot of people who have dealings with Jay Cutler, turned off by his arrogance, and sensed he was not going to be easy to work with.

I don't think McDaniels had an agenda. I just think he arrived in Denver, and was disappointed with his conversations with Jay Cutler. Jay didn't exactly endear himself to anyone on the coaching staff by not returning phone calls, and pouting about losing Jeremy Bates. That kind of thing tends to irritaqte new coaches, and rightfully so.

He certainly would not be the first to come to that realization.
          Last edited by MindField; 03-02-2009, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• God forbid they have a QB that follows what Doogies says to a "T" AND can make something out of nothing/improvise.

If Doogie cannot make do with that, then he is even more stupid than I give him credit for.......Doogie is the problem, not Jay Cutler.......

Comment

• Originally posted by stnzed View Post
              God forbid they have a QB that follows what Doogies says to a "T" AND can make something out of nothing/improvise.

If Doogie cannot make do with that, then he is even more stupid than I give him credit for.......Doogie is the problem, not Jay Cutler.......
              "clears throat"

Yes......

Comment

• Wow thats pretty naive, because two analysts share your opinion, while many others don't, that makes you correct? Give me a break man.
                Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

Comment

• I don't think at this point Cutler will be traded. I think since the Cassell dealt fell through, McD isn't going to start over with a draft pick right off the bat or bring in a guy like Donny McNab. I think they will give it this year and if we win, then jay stays. Winning will be the way to repair this relationship. I hope it turns out that we kick ass next year and jay is even better in mcd's system and proves him and X totally wrong for maybe trading him.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by MindField View Post
                    What a big bunch of psycho-babble.

No one here is qualified to talk about Matt Cassel, or what reasons McDaniels
                    had in trading for him.

It's all speculation.

For me, my guess is McDaniels was, as are alot of people who have dealings with Jay Cutler, turned off by his arrogance, and sensed he was not going to be easy to work with.

I don't think McDaniels had an agenda. I just thiunk he arrived in Denver, and was disappointed with his conversations with Jay Cutelr.

He certainly would not be the first to come to that realization.
                    When did you come to this realization? You're as bad as John Kerry, you are by far the most inconsistent poster around. I respect you a bunch, Mindfield, but it's too F'ing funny how your mood changes with the wind.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                      THere have been a TON of QBs coming off the bench and had good seasons leading the team when they were nothing but a back-up. Lets not name him some kind of "leader and mesiah" of QBs based off one decent year with a team that just went 18-1 the season before. Not quite going to ahve that same surrounding cast anymore.
                      I could believe that if it was a 4 or 5 game stretch. Considering it was a span of 15 games, and he got better as the year went on, leads me to believe different. By week 8, teams had enough film to pull out his weaknesses. And in an overall generalization, they couldn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                        Peter King never cited a source. He said he "heard" that Cutler asked for a trade.

He could have "heard" it in the bathroom while he was taking a crap. That whole article by King is nothing but "I heard", "I believe", "I think", and "I'm pretty sure" all without ever citing a source. He is just trying to get his own spin in.

Oh, and everyone wants to talk about how Jay Cutler can't keep his mouth shut, and just says what's on his mind.
                        If Jay wanted out, he would have already said so. End of discussion.

McDaniels is an idiot, and should be fired on the spot because his man-crush on a career backup caused this wildfire.

That is the EXACT same as all the information from the other side.

Cutler heard the Rumors he was trying to be traded...

newspapers found "sources in the nfl" and "people close to the situation".

Glass houses dude...
                        sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

• How can I agree with Cutler? How can I agree with McDaniels?

Cutler isn't as much pissed off about the fact that he was looked to be traded away, as he is that it was done behind his back after McDaniels told him how excited he was to work with him. Everything was hunky dorry, and then McDaniels tries to trade him away.. and EXPECT it to be kept a secret?? Welcome to the NFL McD.

Then... despite being BUSTED that he was trying to trade away the franchise QB and failed... he actually expects us to believe that MULTIBLE teams just called out of the blue, and asked to trade for our 3rd year, pro-bowl, Franchise QB that still has 3 years left on his contract???? WHO would make that call unless they KNEW he was being shopped? No one, and CERTAINLY not multible teams. McDaniels is LYING, and lying BIG TIME.

Then.. when the media catches the scent of the story, instead of killing it, he feeds it by refusing to talk with them about it. Later that same day, he and X don't talk to Jay or Jay's agent... leaving off ALL communication.

In the meantime, they are telling the press that Jay is over-reacting becaues they are only "answering phone calls." BS. EVERY source and proof has completely shown that to be wrong.

So now... now he lets it be known that Jay isn't coming to THEM to talk.. and AGAIN trying to put the spotlight and blame on Jay as if Jay is the one doing the wrong, when McDaniels hasn't been honest with ANYONE yet. He's been nothing but lying to everyone, and making it sound like others are just over-reacting.

So yeah... Jay is probably thinking.. "Oh, sure, NOWW you want to talk" after not talking to me or my agent yesterday and not TALKING to me before trying to trade me away behind my back. Yeah, hard to imagine how anyone would be pissed off about that. Not to mention seeing McDaniels completely LIE to everyone on how he was only "taking" phone calls and making it appear as if JAY is the one in the wrong. I know I wou'd be bit pissy myself with this back-stabbing move, and seeing him talk out the side of his neck.

Right now... McDaniels needs to be UPFRONT to jay.. period. I don't care anymore if he's honest to anyone else, but he needs to see Jay, and be honest with HIM about it. Tell him the truth, stand up and be a man instead of lying like your NE teacher. This is complete inexperience at the HC position and a complete lack of understanding that you can't do ANYTHING without it being found out and leaked. This blew up in McDaniels face, and he's trying to simply turn his back on it as if its everyone else's doing.

Comment

• Jay or Josh???

This thing is just going to go on and on and on, if one of these grown men don't do anything. You think they would do something or say something. I love Jay but I will admit he been acting like a kid. McDaniels should give Jay a call or meet up and settle this NOW....

I can just see Jay go in to the front office and give them this option....

Keep me or keep Josh but you can't keep both. The way thiings been going I will not be suprise if this happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            sigpicremember...."we are the BRONCOS"

Comment

• Originally posted by deanver View Post
                              Well, Dukes is an idiot, so his opinion doesn't go very far with me.
                              You're so right, Dukes is the biggest idiot in the Football Community, he also hates Matt Cassel.

Having said that, Dukes may have actually got one right, if he is indeed the one we're talking about. I thought I saw Sapp on with TD, not Dukes, but I didn't see this segment.......

Comment

• Originally posted by dluvan View Post
                                This thing is just going to go on and on and on, if one of these grown men don't do anything. You think they would do something or say something. I love Jay but I will admit he been acting like a kid. McDaniels should give Jay a call or meet up and settle this NOW....

I can just see Jay go in to the front office and give them this option....

Keep me or keep Josh but you can't keep both. The way thiings been going I will not be suprise if this happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                if that happens I'd have to keep jay

Comment

Working...
                                X