McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    How can I agree with Cutler? How can I agree with McDaniels?

Cutler isn't as much pissed off about the fact that he was looked to be traded away, as he is that it was done behind his back after McDaniels told him how excited he was to work with him. Everything was hunky dorry, and then McDaniels tries to trade him away.. and EXPECT it to be kept a secret?? Welcome to the NFL McD.

Then... despite being BUSTED that he was trying to trade away the franchise QB and failed... he actually expects us to believe that MULTIBLE teams just called out of the blue, and asked to trade for our 3rd year, pro-bowl, Franchise QB that still has 3 years left on his contract???? WHO would make that call unless they KNEW he was being shopped? No one, and CERTAINLY not multible teams. McDaniels is LYING, and lying BIG TIME.

Then.. when the media catches the scent of the story, instead of killing it, he feeds it by refusing to talk with them about it. Later that same day, he and X don't talk to Jay or Jay's agent... leaving off ALL communication.

In the meantime, they are telling the press that Jay is over-reacting becaues they are only "answering phone calls." BS. EVERY source and proof has completely shown that to be wrong.

So now... now he lets it be known that Jay isn't coming to THEM to talk.. and AGAIN trying to put the spotlight and blame on Jay as if Jay is the one doing the wrong, when McDaniels hasn't been honest with ANYONE yet. He's been nothing but lying to everyone, and making it sound like others are just over-reacting.

So yeah... Jay is probably thinking.. "Oh, sure, NOWW you want to talk" after not talking to me or my agent yesterday and not TALKING to me before trying to trade me away behind my back. Yeah, hard to imagine how anyone would be pissed off about that. Not to mention seeing McDaniels completely LIE to everyone on how he was only "taking" phone calls and making it appear as if JAY is the one in the wrong. I know I wou'd be bit pissy myself with this back-stabbing move, and seeing him talk out the side of his neck.

Right now... McDaniels needs to be UPFRONT to jay.. period. I don't care anymore if he's honest to anyone else, but he needs to see Jay, and be honest with HIM about it. Tell him the truth, stand up and be a man instead of lying like your NE teacher. This is complete inexperience at the HC position and a complete lack of understanding that you can't do ANYTHING without it being found out and leaked. This blew up in McDaniels face, and he's trying to simply turn his back on it as if its everyone else's doing.
    "it doesn't matter... McDumbass is still the coach. What he says goes. Jay Cutler is still a big baby who sucks his thumb"

:doh:

Comment

• Originally posted by Lilrush View Post
      Not impressed with this quote.

Is this serious? Of course you should be calm.
      Im not asking you to be impressed...

"Im super serial you guyyyyss why is everyone making fun of meeee!!!" lmao

Calm is a weak adjective for this situation or antonym per say... I'd rather say I'm frustrated and you tell me to relax

Why does everyone care if I'm calm or not

:cutler:
      sigpic

:orton: ITS TIME FOR THE ORTONATER!

Comment

• Can someone please explain to me how one of the two is right?

They sre both wrong in this whole ordeal. Why are people taking sides, I just don't understand.

First thing any great leader has done is build a winning team (in any business). If you have someone that won't buy in, you dump that person and get someone who will. HOWEVER, you handle it with class and respect, which neither have displayed.

Cutler=wrong.

McDaniels=wrong

If and only if the storyline stays the way it is right now. Otherwise, incomplete information = uninformed decisions.

Let's all just hope the 2 kiss and make up.
        My 2011 adopted poster.........and and

Adopted by: and

Comment

• Some of you just make me scratch my head. How can you be so hung up on Jay when he hasn't done a damn thing? How can you call yourself a Bronco fan but have loyalty to a player before the team? I'm reading all of these threads and it makes me sick to see so many fellow Bronco fans who are so narrow minded. I usually enjoy reading what people have to say about our team but it's getting a little ridiculous. Reading posts that say "if jay leaves, i'm leaving" is just ignorant. I kinda hope he does leave, then we can get rid of all you fake a** fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by stnzed View Post
            When did you come to this realization? You're as bad as John Kerry, you are by far the most inconsistent poster around. I respect you a bunch, Mindfield, but it's too F'ing funny how your mood changes with the wind.......
            What a bunch of crap, Stnzd.

I have been extremely consistent on Jay Cutler. The posts are there, dig them up for yourself, as I have taken more than my share of heat for criticizing Jay Cutler, and my criticisms of him date back to his rookie season. I have never been thrilled with his personality, or (lack of) professionalism.

We were all excited about his physical abilities, and I personally thought he would simply grow up, just as Elway did when he had his own shortcomings early in his career...but if anything, Cutler has gotten worse.

I think it is clear McDaniels and Cutler have a severe personality conflict.

How else can you explain it? Two months on the job, and this comes from out of nowhere?

It just does not make sense.

I think of it as a divorce that simply has to happen. Bowlen is not going to fire McDaniels after staking his reputation on him, and they can try to co-exist, but it will be just like a distant replay of Reeves/Elway; it's not going to work.

I am sick to death of Jay Cutler and have been for some time. I hoped with age would come maturity, but it just has not happened.

McDaniels is an unknown. I wanted Shanahan gone, but I clearly stated his dismissal was only as good as the replacement hire, and who knew Bowlen was going to sh*t can the Goodman's, and hire Brian Xanders as GM?

It all comes down to taking sides, because in the end, that is all that will be
            left to decide. Sadly, I don't sense there is an amicable resolution here to be had.
            Last edited by MindField; 03-02-2009, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chidoze View Post
              Being a QB in denver requires you to handle adversity. Hell, even playing at Vanderbilt requires you to handle as much adversity.

The problem you have with him is the way he handles it, by speaking his mind. I respect that. Could he do it anther way? Sure can. He chooses to tell it how it is and what he's feeling.

Cutler's obviously a very passionate player and did not expect these problems, and usually the first reaction is the correct one.

As far as adversity goes, believe me, Cutler's handled it, just not the way YOU want him to.
              how it is and how it should be is the difference from being mature and level headed and taking a couple of days to sit back and rethink instead of shooting from the hip.
              have you ever said something that you were thinking about out loud? i have also and though the thought was in the right place and it should have been kept to myself or to a close friend or family member.

wearing your emotion on your sleeves is one thing, being a ticking emotional time bomb with no self control is another.
              the latter is wearing thin with alot of bronco fans.
              Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

• Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                I could believe that if it was a 4 or 5 game stretch. Considering it was a span of 15 games, and he got better as the year went on, leads me to believe different. By week 8, teams had enough film to pull out his weaknesses. And in an overall generalization, they couldn't.
                Still.. I understand what you are saying, but he isnt' the first QB to do it. HEll, even Damon Huard played well enough for the entire season for the Chiefs a few years ago, they named HIM the starter.

There have been a TON of back-ups that perform fantastically when the pressure on them isn't the same presssure. When the back-up... no matter WHAT you do, its gravy. No one EXPECTED Cassel to win going in. What he did was good, and what he didn't do people would blow off because everythign he already did EXEEDED expectations. Thats how it always is as the back-up. The fans are easier on you, the expectations aren't as high, and the media becomes your best friend.

Then the day changes when YOU are named the starter. Expectations rise, the fans aren't as tolerant, and the media isn't your friend anymore. Your pay check goes up, the expectations go through the ceiling, and those tiny mistakes you make are no longer over-looked. Wins aren't congradulated, they are expected.

Not to mention, he no longer has a football team that just went 18-1 behind him. He no longer has a coaching staff that was considered the best in football, and no longer has that "confidence" of having a good defense to keep you in the game. NOW... now he is playing for a team that is pretty low on talent (at the moment).. a defense that is actually ranked WORSE than ours, and very few weapons. The KC fans are HUGE fans.... but even they get tired of bad play. The KC area doesn' thave the redsox and the celtics to take away from the spotlight. KC has football ONLY (because the Royals blow)... and the city REVOLVES around their Chiefs.

This is going to be a WORLD of difference for him, and for every Kurt Warner... I can name ten Scott Mitchell's.

Comment

• Originally posted by MindField View Post
                  What a bunch of crap, Stnzd.

I have been extremely consistent on Jay Cutler.

I think it is clear McDaniels and Cutler have a severe personality conflict.

How else can you explain it?

I think of it as a divorce that simply has to happen. Bowlen is not going to fire mcDaniles after staking his reputation on him, and they can try to co-exist, but ti will be just like an distant replay of Reeves/Elway; it's not going to work.

I am sick to death of Jay Cutler and have been some time.

McDaniels is an unknown. I wanted Shanahan gone, but I clearly stated his dismissal was only as good as the replacement hire, and who knew Bowlen was going to sh*tcan the Goodman's and hire Brian Xanders?

It all comes down to taking sides, because in the end, that is all that will be
                  left to decide, because I don't sense there is an amicable resolution here to be had.
                  No offense intended.

You now say your sick to death of Cutler, that's fine, so be it.......

Comment

• Originally posted by bklynbronco View Post
                    how it is and how it should be is the difference from being mature and level headed and taking a couple of days to sit back and rethink instead of shooting from the hip.
                    have you ever said something that you were thinking about out loud? i have also and though the thought was in the right place and it should have been kept to myself or to a close friend or family member.

wearing your emotion on your sleeves is one thing, being a ticking emotional time bomb with no self control is another.
                    the latter is wearing thin with alot of bronco fans.
                    So you think Cutler is a ticking emotional time bomb with no self control......because he shows anger, feels betrayed, and disappointment?

Wow, honestly man, wow.
                    Last edited by Chidoze; 03-02-2009, 07:30 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Bronco Lover

Football players play as a team, not robots. In order to win games and reach the Super Bowl, you play as a team as well.

If this is true, Pat needs to put Josh in his place, and he has to do it now.
                      D.E

Comment

• Half Right/ Hafl B.S.!

Originally posted by MindField View Post
                        What a big bunch of psycho-babble.

NO ONE in Denver, and certainly not a KOA jock, is qualified to talk about Matt Cassel, or what reasons McDaniels may have had in trading for him.

It's all speculation.
                        So far so good. Essentially quite correct.
                        For me, my guess is McDaniels was, as are alot of people who have dealings with Jay Cutler, turned off by his arrogance, and sensed he was not going to be easy to work with.

I don't think McDaniels had an agenda. I just think he arrived in Denver, and was disappointed with his conversations with Jay Cutler. Jay didn't exactly endear himself to anyone on the coaching staff by not returning phone calls, and pouting about losing Jeremy Bates. That kind of thing tends to irritaqte new coaches, and rightfully so.

He certainly would not be the first to come to that realization.
                        Blah, blah, blah. Then you go on to ridiculous speculation.

McDaniels had a relationship with Cassel in NE. He knows him and knows that Cassel already understood the system that he wants. He was comfortable with Cassel.

He tried to trade for Cassels and unload Cutler.

That was insanely stupid in my view, but he was confident Cassel could come in and be a franchise QB.

But, the deal blew up. Now he's totally screwed. If Pat Bowlen lets McDaniels ship Cutler out, then that condemns the Broncos to start rebuilding their offense from scratch without a franchise QB -- and needing massive help on defense because a bunch of over 30 FAs are not going to be core of a long-term solution.

They are a patchwork job intended to get you through 2009 until players you draft start to produce.

But, that master plan goes right in the toilet without Jay Cutler.

Suddenly, this team is the Detroit Lions -- a couple of good players on offense like Calvin Johnson. But NO QB worth mentioning, plus a CRAP defense = 0-16. Maybe the Broncos would win 4 to 6 games.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                          Still.. I understand what you are saying, but he isnt' the first QB to do it. HEll, even Damon Huard played well enough for the entire season for the Chiefs a few years ago, they named HIM the starter.
                          True. Then again, Kurt Warner and Tom Brady came from that exact same situation.

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                          There have been a TON of back-ups that perform fantastically when the pressure on them isn't the same presssure. When the back-up... no matter WHAT you do, its gravy. No one EXPECTED Cassel to win going in. What he did was good, and what he didn't do people would blow off because everythign he already did EXEEDED expectations. Thats how it always is as the back-up. The fans are easier on you, the expectations aren't as high, and the media becomes your best friend.

Then the day changes when YOU are named the starter. Expectations rise, the fans aren't as tolerant, and the media isn't your friend anymore. Your pay check goes up, the expectations go through the ceiling, and those tiny mistakes you make are no longer over-looked. Wins aren't congradulated, they are expected.

Not to mention, he no longer has a football team that just went 18-1 behind him. He no longer has a coaching staff that was considered the best in football, and no longer has that "confidence" of having a good defense to keep you in the game. NOW... now he is playing for a team that is pretty low on talent (at the moment).. a defense that is actually ranked WORSE than ours, and very few weapons. The KC fans are HUGE fans.... but even they get tired of bad play. The KC area doesn' thave the redsox and the celtics to take away from the spotlight. KC has football ONLY (because the Royals blow)... and the city REVOLVES around their Chiefs.

Not for an entire season. They play well in stretches. Teams don't need more than 4 games to put together enough film to drivel out weaknesses and bad tendencies. Teams had more than enough time with Cassel, and he actually improved during the season.

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                          This is going to be a WORLD of difference for him, and for every Kurt Warner... I can name ten Scott Mitchell's.
                          Scott Mitchell was a good starting QB in the NFL. People fail to understand that because their defense was so lousy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chidoze View Post
                            I agree Cutler wasnt happy about the Shanahan firing, but no where, ever, did I see reports that Cutler was UNHAPPY about the McDaniels hiring. So I'm going to assume you are speculating here. In fact, every interview or story I read had Cutler stating that he was excited about the opportunity and had already started preparing for the new offensive scheme and was developing a relationship with McDaniels.

So in short, I have heard a completely different story than you have, and I disagree with that assumption that he has been dissatisfied from day 1.
                            He thought mcdaniels would keep bates and he didn't. there was fall out there you don't remember that? No speculation.there were a couple of days there when mcdaniels couldn't get a hold Cutler right after he got hired but Cutler was speaking to the media about how disappointed he was with the releasing of Bates and that he MIGHT want out.

I believe that's where the underline of this began.
                            now do I agree with the attempt to trade was foolish if it wasn't a lock so now Josh has to do damge control unless he does trade Cutler on draft day.
                            but still doesn't justify jay putting himself in front of the camera to state his case. there is no harm in being very upset but taking the famous "no comment" outtake would have suffice.

Comment

• Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
                              Some of you just make me scratch my head. How can you be so hung up on Jay when he hasn't done a damn thing? How can you call yourself a Bronco fan but have loyalty to a player before the team? I'm reading all of these threads and it makes me sick to see so many fellow Bronco fans who are so narrow minded. I usually enjoy reading what people have to say about our team but it's getting a little ridiculous. Reading posts that say "if jay leaves, i'm leaving" is just ignorant. I kinda hope he does leave, then we can get rid of all you fake a** fans.
                              wow relax buddy, is it bad to like your QB? is it bad to want to keep a good QB on your team? Plus i never said i would stop being a Broncos fan if Jay left.. you left your respond in the wrong thread....
                              sigpicremember...."we are the BRONCOS"

Comment

• Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                                In all honesty, I haven't done a 180 on Cutler. I'll always really like the guy, and I'm hopeful it works out for him to stay in Denver.

I do not like the way he's handled the situation through the media. I didn't like the way he's handled himself around the media in the past. I didn't like the 'cheap shot' he gave the defense after the San Diego game. He was right, but you don't go and say things like that through the media. It's a great start to getting a bunch of teammates upset, and talking about you behind your back.

As for McDaniels, I think it was wrong for him, but a little side of me thinks about it like this. He has absolutely no ties to Jay Cutler. He saw, firsthand, Cutler having a miserable game against him. He has ties to Matt Cassel. His offense, and even moreso, the QB, will be the key to his success in Denver. He's already under a LOT of heat by replacing Shanahan. McDaniels trusts Matt Cassel. It's as simple as that. It has nothing to do with him not trusting Jay Cutler. He had an opportunity to bring in his QB, and he pondered it.

I must say, I do respect McDaniels for his "no comment" statement to the press, and refusal to comment on it further. That tells me that he wants to get it resolved with Cutler before public addressing the situation.

The front office is young. They're inexperienced. They obviously made a mistake. Jay Cutler's made plenty of mistakes too. My consistent badgering of Cutler is an 'equal' to the countless and endless fire McDaniels comments.

I'll say one thing. I want to win. If McDaniels goes out and cuts Jay Cutler(obviously that isn't going to happen), and goes on to win, I'll be happy.
                                Totally agree with you silk. After sitting back and not going crazy like 80% of this board did on Saturday. whatever is best for the team. If Denver keeps Cutler and denver wins I'm on board if denver trades cutler and denver wins I'm on board.
                                It's not that complicated I will always root for the uniform.

Comment

Working...
                                X