No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right when Bowlen picked this guy to be our new head coach, a 32 yr old, I had my reservations. I thought hmm, let's see what this guy can do I guess.

BUT, the first thing he does as head coach, 6 MONTHS BEFORE THE FIRST GAME, is to try to trade our QB for one of his, because he know's him.

That right there says it all, how this coach will handle things. Poor mistake for even thinking that would work, and poor judgement, and LYING about it?

This guy is an idot, and should leave town as soon as possible, go back to NE, and leave us alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gr3yStreet View Post
      Man you cant PROVE that.

I'm sorry, if its true, I agree with you. If McDaniels never wanted Cuter in the first place, then he should of been upfront about it.

But how do you KNOW that McDaniels did not come to Denver with all the excitement and every intention of making if work with Cutler just to be met with resistance and a poor arrogant attitude?

You don't KNOW how the meeting between these two have gone OR what McDaniels has determined breaking down all the film with his coaching staff and applying it to his system.

Maybe McDaniels heard ABSOLUTELY NOTHING impressive or complimentary about Cutler at the pro-bowl from any of those coaches....

Jay Cutler COULD have been nothing but pushy and unaccommodating to McDaneils to the point where when he heard Cassell was available he just said screw it.

But that wouldn't NECESSARILY mean that he lied about Cutler.

OF course...he pretty much lied when he said we never tried to trade Cutler...but that's different.
      Well, we know he lied to Jay indirectly about not wanting to trade him. Even Adam Schefter has come out and stated yes the Broncos did have him on the trading block.

And we know he lied when he stated he wanted to develop a strong foundation of communication, given that he didn't communicate to Cutler adequately that there were issues and telling him that they would entertain offers for him.
      sigpic

Comment

• Bears?

Good morning,

Bear fan here with a question,

Would you take Kyle Orton, Caleb Hanie, and the 18th pick for Cutler?

Our GM is better at drafting in the middle rounds anyways.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...7412783.column

Dan Patrick: You grew up in Indiana—are you a Colts fan?

Jay Cutler: I'm a Bear fan.

Patrick: Would you like to play for the Bears?

Cutler: Yeah, I wouldn't mind playing for the Bears. —WMVP-AM 1000 interview

Comment

• McDaniels is a moron.

Denver has gone through QB after QB looking for someone to fill the shoes of Elway. They finally find someone that the fans like and that has that potential and they try to trade him.

McD just doesn't understand that about Denver and it's fans. Most of us like and appreciate Cutler and the things he can do.

Warren Sapp and Terrell Davis said it pretty well last night that you don't offer up your franchise QB for a backup that had one good season.

Comment

• Originally posted by A`M][LE H][GHER View Post
            "I do not want my son to be anything like Jay Cutler!"

I sure would like my son to make millions and have a fanbase of thousands. sounds nice to me
            So you want your son to be cocky and arrogant as well and whine like a baby? Sure go right ahead.

As to the OP. Cutler holds no cards except the trade card. This is a team game.. and sorry to say this, in no way shape or form has cutler shown he is our franchise qb. He has shown he is a really good qb who still cannot read defenses. Show me a franchise qb who has yet to lead their team to the playoffs? Argument of no defense or not is pointless. Saying that he threw ints just because our defense sucked is not a valid excuse.

I really hope all you people that support cutler and not the broncos follow him to whatever team he goes to IF he gets traded because you apparently are not bronco fans. If you were you would realize that you most likely do not know all the facts, as I don't either. Yet here you are calling mcdaniels "mcdumbass" even though he hasn't coached one game yet.

Comment

• Good article.

I agree with what you say about him having two years tops.

In light of the current drama/catastraphe, if the Broncos tank, he will be out after just one year.

Will we tank? Its a real possibility.
              Tough schedule + unhappy players + lack of team chemistry + new coaches + new offensive and defensive schemes = a high chance of doing very poorly.

If we go 6-10 or worse, I can see Josh being fired at the end of the season.
              If we loose 8 out of our first ten, he might be fired before the season ends.
              --
              It's been the most troubling offseason I can remember. I hope the season doesn't play out the same way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
                I do not support the trade of Cutler, just the managements right to trade him if they feel that is the best course of action.

Everyone just should wait until we see the product on the field...I know it is hard to do, but nevertheless...
                I think I agree for the most part. I had no problem with Jim Bates and wasn't in favor of firing him after only one season. I welcome McDaniels and Nolan's decision to transition to a 3-4.

I just think trying to trade a franchise QB is taking it a step too far. It took us a long time to find a franchise QB after John Elway. Many teams are toiling away in mediocrity simply because of lacking a franchise QB (does anyone doubt that adding Cutler to the Vikings, the Bears, the Redskins, or the Jets makes them title contenders instantly?)
                Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

• This is one Major Reason the story won't go away..
                  People keep saying that you can't prove Josh wanted Cassel over Cutler and that the Broncos didn't have anything to do with the calls.

YES THEY DID AND IT'S BEEN SAID BY ANY & EVERYONE...

12 Jurors must find the Truth out of Facts & Opinions of Thoses in a certain Profession and use - U ready Common Sense. They normally 100% of the Time never Have 100% FACTS. They take it all in and go over everything and at the end they come to an agreement and find you guilty or not.

Josh & The Broncos Have been Found Guilty and now it's time to move on.
                  We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
                    Good morning,

Bear fan here with a question,

Would you take Kyle Orton, Caleb Hanie, and the 18th pick for Cutler?

Our GM is better at drafting in the middle rounds anyways.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...7412783.column

Dan Patrick: You grew up in Indiana—are you a Colts fan?

Jay Cutler: I'm a Bear fan.

Patrick: Would you like to play for the Bears?

Cutler: Yeah, I wouldn't mind playing for the Bears. —WMVP-AM 1000 interview

I do not know, but I think Chicago and Minn, competing for Cutler, would increase the cost way above that.

Is it unrealistic to think that of those two teams, the winner would be the favorite to win the division.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                    J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                    R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
                      I do not support the trade of Cutler, just the managements right to trade him if they feel that is the best course of action.

Everyone just should wait until we see the product on the field...I know it is hard to do, but nevertheless...
                      I would support the trading of Cutler if McDaniels and Xanders had a contingency plan. They put all of their eggs in the Cassel basket, which seems like an emotional knee jerk type reaction b/c of McDaniels' comfort in Cassel. But, without a contingency plan where do you go now? We have so many holes on defense that we can't use a first round pick on a QB, but even if Cutler stays it may be necssary at this point. Not having a plan B is killing us right now. Cutler has to know that there isn't a better option right now. If there was a better option he would fall in line. The Broncos "green" FO screwed the pooch on this one and I for one won't pay to support this type of operation. I agreed with Bowlen on the Shanahan firing. I agreed with him on the McDaniels hiring. I didn't expect he would listen to McDaniels and get rid of the Goodmans nor do I agree with that move.
                      Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.
                      Samuel Johnson

Comment

• Originally posted by mooncamping View Post
                        Truth be told Jay Cutler warrants two no.1´s franchise tag or not.

Brady Quinn and Shaun Rogers, plus a 3rd is plenty. But don´t forget Jay Cutler may not want to go to the Cleveland Browns. I´m certain there is a clause in his contract, that gives him veto rights, if discontent, or forced into an intolerable situation.
                        Your sig sucks.

Comment

• I agree that trading Jay for Cassell would have been a downgrade. However yesterday espn had a poll and got 200,000 votes and jay only got 55% to Cassell 45%. I would have thought it to be higher then that but it is quite possible that we as Bronco fans have a higher opinion of our own then others do
                          sigpic

Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

Comment

• cesar got stabbed in the back. J is a player, referenced in a possible trade, and went off the handle and won't talk to his boss, or the paycheck supplier. If Jay had a "no Trade" clause, then he would be stabbed in the back, if we were in spring ball, and J was studing the new play book, the he would be stabbed in the back.

He is a piece of the puzzle, not the box it comes in.

Ask yourself of all of these players (and the list could go on forever), who acted like J is acting, and yes they all probably felt a little betrayal, but were good players, have done everything for their team, and were traded or lost in FA.

Jared Allen
                            Brian Dawkins
                            Drew Brees
                            Joe Montana
                            Brian Greise
                            Jake plummer
                            Jeff Garcia
                            Shannon Sharpe
                            Drew Blesoe
                            Trent Dilfer
                            Etc

Non of them threw tantrums

Comment

• Originally posted by 24TheCHAMP24 View Post
                              I agree that trading Jay for Cassell would have been a downgrade. However yesterday espn had a poll and got 200,000 votes and jay only got 55% to Cassell 45%. I would have thought it to be higher then that but it is quite possible that we as Bronco fans have a higher opinion of our own then others do
                              Lot more folks live on the east coast and the only thing they ever hear about Cutler is the SD fumble and his feud with Rivers. Of course Cassel will be alot closer.

Comment

• Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                                McDaniels holds the cards, not Cutler.

Let me clear one thing up for you very quickly.

Jay Cutler is not god, he is not above his head coach or the organization that cuts his checks and gave him his oppurtunity to play in the NFL.
                                No no, you're mistaken, Jay is the one throwing the ball, the one winning the games. He is the critical piece and without him McD is WORTHLESS, with out McD Cutler is still one of the best QB's around and can still make plays and make things happen.

I don't see how McD holds ANY cards at all, he should have had enough foresight to see this coming if he attempted a trade and he didn't. Now if he's dumb enough to think he's in a winning situation or holding the cards then we are truly screwed.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

Working...
                                X