McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by !ceman View Post
    I would support the trading of Cutler if McDaniels and Xanders had a contingency plan. They put all of their eggs in the Cassel basket, which seems like an emotional knee jerk type reaction b/c of McDaniels' comfort in Cassel.
    I guarantee you this thing looks 100 times larger now than it will in training camp.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
    J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
    R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

• Originally posted by 24TheCHAMP24 View Post
      I agree that trading Jay for Cassell would have been a downgrade. However yesterday espn had a poll and got 200,000 votes and jay only got 55% to Cassell 45%. I would have thought it to be higher then that but it is quite possible that we as Bronco fans have a higher opinion of our own then others do
      No. It's that the Patriots are an East-Coast team and thus have a stronger market than the Broncos.

The fact that Jay won the poll that decisively is a good thing.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kmcgough25 View Post
        Quoted for truth. Both HC and QB are dirty in this and both need to work this out. This could effect the entire franchise and neither acted the way any of us would want a HC or QB to act.

They need to work through this and soon. I wish we could stop the "pick a side" mentality and realize they both need to step up and figure it out.
        I agree with you. Neither one of these guys should come out looking like a saint.They both need to step up and fix it.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
          No. It's that the Patriots are an East-Coast team and thus have a stronger market than the Broncos.

The fact that Jay won the poll that decisively is a good thing.
          Well, I know this. Matt Cassel won more games for the Patriots with virtually no preparation, and clearly outplayed Cutler head-to-head in our Monday Night game. Yes, Cassel has only done it for one season, but Cutler hasn't done anything except put up some numbers in select games, and usually against inferior opponents. His best gamne last season was in the opener against the Raiders, and his play slipped from there.

Jay Cutler is a bit more myth, hype and hope than reality at the moment.

Comment

• Let's see how this pans out. It's not like McDaniels and Xanders are going to hold a press conference without talking to Cutler and say sorry we are kissing your ass come back and we will pay you $100 million. Keep in mind Cutler is the one holding out and until he talks to them, this cannot get resolved.

Also we do have a higher opinion of cutler than other people. Sure he has tons of talent, but just because he has that does not make him better than the rest of the team and FO.

Also what does McDaniels and wearing a cut off hoodie on the sideline have to do with being a bronco fan? Seriously you're going to stop being a fan if he wears that? Get real... Plus seeing the patriots offense score 40 points is boring? How so? I'm not saying change everything to it but I fail to see the logic there.

Comment

• Originally posted by AC1 View Post
              I think I agree for the most part. I had no problem with Jim Bates and wasn't in favor of firing him after only one season. I welcome McDaniels and Nolan's decision to transition to a 3-4.
              Well we could have always hired Raheem Morris, who must love Cutler because he tried to trade for him, and hired Jim Bates.

Raheem Morris should have been your guy!

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
              J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
              R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

• What makes you think this isn´t all calculated behaviour.
                Cutler now seems tradable. And coach McDaniels, and let´s not forget GM Xanders being involved, demonstrating there´s no holy cow in Denver.
                If he plays his cards right, coach McDaniels can demonstrate he has some broad shoulders, does not wilt under pressure, and is scandal proof.
                mooncamping is a new Cleveland Browns fan

Comment

• Originally posted by MindField View Post
                  Well, I know this. Matt Cassel won more games for the Patriots with virtually no preparation, and clearly outplayed Cutler head-to-head in our Monday Night game. Yes, Cassel has only done it for one season, but Cutler hasn't done anything except put up some numbers in select games, and usually against inferior opponents. His best gamne last season was in the opener against the Raiders, and his play slipped from there.

I agree. People have built Cutler up to be something that he is not At the moment. Sure one day he could be there, but from everyones posts here you would think he has led us to three straight playoff appearances and possibly a SB.

Comment

• Originally posted by owninit View Post
                    cesar got stabbed in the back. J is a player, referenced in a possible trade, and went off the handle and won't talk to his boss, or the paycheck supplier. If Jay had a "no Trade" clause, then he would be stabbed in the back, if we were in spring ball, and J was studing the new play book, the he would be stabbed in the back.

He is a piece of the puzzle, not the box it comes in.

Ask yourself of all of these players (and the list could go on forever), who acted like J is acting, and yes they all probably felt a little betrayal, but were good players, have done everything for their team, and were traded or lost in FA.

Jared Allen
                    Brian Dawkins
                    Drew Brees
                    Joe Montana
                    Brian Greise
                    Jake plummer
                    Jeff Garcia
                    Shannon Sharpe
                    Drew Blesoe
                    Trent Dilfer
                    Etc

Non of them threw tantrums
                    They went behind Jays back and tried to trade him for a guy that's not nearly as good. You may think that is fine, If you were a QB then you could be like big deal.

But you are not, and Jay Cutler is not you. He does not have to feel the same way about it as you do. He feels like he got stabbed in the back. My support is with Jay, we need him a lot more then McD.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

• Originally posted by MindField View Post

Well I disagree, and if Cutler was playing for a defense that didn't give up 27 points a game and could force more than 12 turnovers in a season (the record for a 16-game schedule is 11, BTW), you might see him play significantly better as well.

I get that you're fully on board with the McDaniels bandwagon, mostly because you've been wanting Shanahan gone for years now. But Jay was treated poorly in this situation, and he's not just any other player on the team.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
                        I guarantee you this thing looks 100 times larger now than it will in training camp.
                        It could go either way, I sure hope it just goes AWAY.

Comment

• Fans, Go ask Mr. Bowlen...?

All I have to say is this: Was Mr. Bowlen informed/agreed to trade Jay for Matt Cassel... or was this just Josh McDaniels ideas...?!?! If Bowlen was informed and had agreed, and gave Josh McDaniels the green light to trade Jay away... then END OF STORY! Jay's career is DONE in denver!

If Mr. Bowlen was not informed... he needs to man up like Jerry Jones of the Dallas Cowboys and realized it was a mistake to hire Josh McDaniels and FIRE him ASAP. There are still good coaches out there yet.

I agreed with most fans on here... U DONT TRADE A PROVEN PRO QB, MR. McDaniels.!!!!
                          Last edited by CommandQ; 03-03-2009, 09:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
                            No no, you're mistaken, Jay is the one throwing the ball, the one winning the games. He is the critical piece and without him McD is WORTHLESS, with out McD Cutler is still one of the best QB's around and can still make plays and make things happen.

I don't see how McD holds ANY cards at all, he should have had enough foresight to see this coming if he attempted a trade and he didn't. Now if he's dumb enough to think he's in a winning situation or holding the cards then we are truly screwed.
                            What games? The 17-20 games? For every game you say he was the only reason we won, I can name one that he was the only reason we lost. This has nothing to do with talent, just facts atm.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
                              I agree. People have built Cutler up to be something that he is not At the moment. Sure one day he could be there, but from everyones posts here you would think he has led us to three straight playoff appearances and possibly a SB.
                              Jay Cutler has a great opportunity to show that he has matured, that he can face some adversity, some questions about him, and come back stronger than ever....or he can drag this out, pout, refuse to meet the Broncos halfway.

Jay Cutler will not be the first person on the planet that didn't like his boss, or the first player to dislike his Head Coach, and he certainly won't be the last.

Jay Cutler will tell everyone all they need to know about him as a professional in how he handles this situation over the coming days and weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by CommandQ View Post
                                All I have to say is this: Was Mr. Bowlen informed/agreed to trade Jay for Matt Cassel... or was this just Josh McDaniels ideas...?!?! If Bowlen was informed and had agreed, and gave Josh McDaniels the green light to trade Jay away... then END OF STORY! Jay's career is DONE in denver!

If Mr. Bowlen was not informed... he needs to man up like Jerry Jones of the Dallas Cowboys and realized it was a mistake to FIRE Josh McDaniels and FIRE him ASAP. There are still good coaches out there yet.

I agreed with most fan on here... U DONT TRADE A PROVEN PRO QB, MR. McDaniels.
                                Even if Mr. Bowlen was informed and gave the green light. That just means I'm pissed at him too. The stupidity of thinking we can just replace Jay Cutler, Or Cassel is the QB Cutler is. Doesn't leave me with a lot of confidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X