McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MindField View Post
    I agree it is all specualtion, and hopefully it will come out in the wash.

For now, I am siding with McDaniels, because I suspect my scenario is pretty close to how it played out...why else would he do what he did?

There is just no logical answer unless McDaniles soured on Cutler's attitude.

I also think that if this played out how I believe it has, McDaniels was in an extremely difficult position.

Here they are, preparing for free agency, etc, and all that goes into negotiations, etc, all the while being a rookie HC, and not being sure if you can count on your so-called franchise QB.

I mean think about that for a second...what if your suspicions about Cutler turn out to be true, and he was going to be a problem, and you had a chance to aquire Cassel and passed on it...and all of this compounded by having to make an immediate decsion, because Cassel was just made available on short notice.

That's alot for a young coach to deal with, and I don't envy him at all. I will even go so far as to say there may have been some panic on his part associated with it, because he knows he can't be without a functioning QB.

It is a mess, but this idea that Cutler was victimized and McDaniels is some sort of conniving guy is bogus.

Now, if it turns out new information comes out that further sheds a bad light on McDaniels, then I will evaluate it at that time, but this idea that Jay Cuter is just an innocent bystander is beyond ridiculous.

So Josh McDaniels is immune to the obvious signing of former players that are acquainted with his system?

He's just a young HC from the block, man, goin through hard times. He's gotta stay up! Be true! To hell with that hatin ass Jay!

Give me a break. They are both to blame. Jay is pissed because Mcdaniels is a liar, and he has every right to be.

I wouldn't say "innocent bystander", but what exactly did he do to make McDaniels think Cassel was better? (other than the fact that Cassel is McD's boy?)
    And you are siding with McDaniels? You know he thinks Cassel is better than Cutler right?
    This is the guy you want running our team?
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by rojo1289 View Post
      Most if not all of us here own or at least drive a car. Now all you trade supporters or at least those that are ok with the idea. If you have a nice looking car that's everything you need and want, but find that it's not running up to it's full potential yet; do you go and swap out the whole motor because it has a little lag? Of course not only a moron would. Someone with common sense would do a an oil change, or a tune and they will find that's all the car needed to run smooth. Are you really stupid enough to swap out the entire motor and 1. risk replacing it with a motor that's crap, but sure did look nice outside the car? 2. go through all the trouble and chances in replacing a motor and keep your fingers crossed that the car will turn on when the swap is complete?? or do you simply do a damn tune-up and realize all that extra crap was not needed?
      Unless it's a Ford, then you run for the damn hills. Not saying Cutler is a Ford, just trying to stir the pot. All Ford owners will now flame the bejesus out of me, but I own a Honda so my car will run for infinity.
      Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• Idiots !

New coach McDaniels and our wonderful owner Bowlen would be complete and utter idiots for trading Cutler ! This would be looked back upon as the dumbest trade in NFL history ! They were stupid to get rid of Shanahan! All we needed was a decent defensive mind-not get rid of possibly the best offensive mind ever. Let's start a movement! Bring Shanny back! Keep Cutler and pray hard for a better defensive

Comment

• another tidbit....when a car starts to whine and you get it checked out, but nothing will stop the whining, you start getting annoyed with it, and you tell yourself I am sick of the whining and nothing will fix it, so it's time to move on and get something that doesn't whine.

Quote of the day from Jim Rome is burning - Mistakes were made by both sides - Jay for acting like a baby and McDaniels for thinking he wouldn't" Jim Rome
          Broncos, John Elway, nvjeanie. Established in 1960

Comment

• Originally posted by nv#1broncofan View Post

Quote of the day from Jim Rome is burning - Mistakes were made by both sides - Jay for acting like a baby and McDaniels for thinking he wouldn't" Jim Rome
            Media comments like this are just going to make Jay more resentful...the entire thing is a shame.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
            J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
            R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

• than you go out and get a Broncos-blue Dodge Quad-cab 3500 diesel,
              4x4. LOL

Comment

• I don't work for ESPN, but I stayed at a holiday inn last night.

It's a slow period in the sports world, these media morons are like sharks with blood in the water. I have completely boycotted ESPN when it comes to anything NFL related from this point on. Everything they have reported, except for direct quotes (which they managed to put a spin on even those) has been complete and utter garbage and speculation.

EFF YOU, World Wide Leader. You are terrible.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by MindField View Post
                  Good question, and a fair one...that is why I wish they would put it all on the table and tell us what they were thinking.

If they were thinking along the lines that I expressed, I wish they would just hit Cutler right between the eyes with it.

Now, if it turns out to be just a whimsical attempt to aquire Matt Cassel, and McDaniels cannot say he was dissatisfied with Jay Cutler and his expectations of how he should have been participating with his role on the new team, then God help the Broncos, because it will be a mess at Dove Valley that will probably require either McDaniels or Cutler to move on, ala
                  Dan Reeves/John Elway.

Personally, as grown men, I hope it does not come to that.

On the other hand, if it does come out that Jay Cutler has been difficult and unaccomodating, then screw him, trade his ass to Detroit...see how he likes that.
                  See, I look at this whole situation logically.

Logically speaking, who would more likely lie in this situation? Cutler or the Broncos front office?

Obviously, the Broncos FO has more to gain from lying about it than Cutler does. They tried to deal him, the deal fell through, and now the FO has to answer for it. And if Cutler is lying or is somehow misinformed, then I would think someone (i.e. Agent Bus Cook) would intervene and tell Cutler to back off and keep his mouth shut, because it would make Cutler look incredibly foolish to continue going on like he has if it turns out he is in the wrong with what actually transpired.

I said this Saturday, and it holds true today. If you're going to put your franchise quarterback on the trading block, you better move him. There is no easy or quick way to fix this situation.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                    So Josh McDaniels is immune to the obvious signing of former players that are acquainted with his system?

He's just a young HC from the block, man, goin through hard times. He's gotta stay up! Be true! To hell with that hatin ass Jay!

Give me a break. They are both to blame. Jay is pissed because Mcdaniels is a liar, and he has every right to be.

I wouldn't say "innocent bystander", but what exactly did he do to make McDaniels think Cassel was better? (other than the fact that Cassel is McD's boy?)
                    And you are siding with McDaniels? You know he thinks Cassel is better than Cutler right?
                    This is the guy you want running our team?
                    Again, you are making an assumption.

Maybe McDaniels just considered Cassel to be a competent replacement, and Cutler to be too high maintenance. Cassel would have been more receptive to signing a reasonable extention, and McDaniels may think Cutler is going to be overly demanding for what he wants in a new contract.

There are no simple answers and alot plays into it.

We'll see how it plays out.

Who ever said the offseason was boring?

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                      I don't work for ESPN, but I stayed at a holiday inn last night.

It's a slow period in the sports world, these media morons are like sharks with blood in the water. I have completely boycotted ESPN when it comes to anything NFL related from this point on. Everything they have reported, except for direct quotes (which they managed to put a spin on even those) has been complete and utter garbage and speculation.

EFF YOU, World Wide Leader. You are terrible.
                      With the notable exception of Schefter (whom I can read on NFL.com just fine) I would tend to agree with you. So far, he's the only guy in this whole mess who has not been contradicted as of yet.
                      Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by itwasagoodrun View Post
                        Thanks for the memories Mr Bowlen, but thats the final straw. This franchise has been in shambles for the last few seasons and while I had faith, I never thought it would come to this. It was a great run, and we had some great teams, but I can not put up with this any longer.

To whomever gets off the list, I hope you enjoy the season tickets I gave up this morning, they were good for many years. Obviously you have more tolerance than I do, but this was a long time coming.

Enjoy the last of Jay Cutler, if he is still here this season, because he is surely on his way out.

To all the rest, please don't kid yourselves. This was bad. This was beyond bad. Jay Cutler will be gone by 2011, if not sooner. There is no way to mend what was done, and if you truly believe this can be fixed, well, you really don't know much about what goes on in the NFL.
                        Nice try. Now go back to your other username and resume your ***** rants again. Whoever you are, if this is a reason for you to stop following a team, you're a joke, and I think we can all agree we're better off without you. If you are seriously butt-hurt over McDaniels trying to trade Cutler, get over it. Most of us (including me) believe that Cutler can be an elite QB, but before you begin to ***** and moan, wait and see what McDaniels does in terms of W's and L's, and not how he handles himself in the media.

Belichick is a complete *******, but any of us wouldn't mind him being our head coach, because he gets the job done. McDaniels is a lot more friendly, and even though he may have listened to trade offers for Cutler, who can blame him, the transition for him to deploy Cassell in his first year would have resulted in instant comfortability and win's with no re-learning process for a QB. Cutler, as long as he stays, will be great again in Denver, and once he sees his W's outweighing his L's, everything will be fine and dandy. But, if you're on here just to pronounce you butt-hurtness, then for God's sake, just get the hell out of here, no one cares if you leave, no one. *Rant Off*.
                        sigpic

Comment

• This is still a bigger mess than we know, IMHO. I personally believe McD or Cutler will be gone before week 1.

Comment

• [/QUOTE] Media comments like this are just going to make Jay more resentful...the entire thing is a shame.[/QUOTE]

Cutler is the one that went to ESPN first, before going to talk it out with McDaniels and refusing to meet with him.

Comment

• Idiots !!

Idiots !
                              New coach McDaniels and our wonderful owner Bowlen would be complete and utter idiots for trading Cutler ! This would be looked back upon as the dumbest trade in NFL history ! They were stupid to get rid of Shanahan! All we needed was a decent defensive mind-not get rid of possibly the best offensive mind ever. Let's start a movement! Bring Shanny back! Keep Cutler and pray hard for a better defensive.

Signed,
                              Fan since 1977

Comment

• Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
                                This is still a bigger mess than we know, IMHO. I personally believe McD or Cutler will be gone before week 1.
                                McD would be my first choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X