McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now starting at QB for the 2009 Broncos -- Mark Sanchez

According to Schefter: Denver really likes Sanchez. And his lack of ability to throw the deep ball. Or out-routes. Or anything requiring velocity. And he'll have almost a full season's experience in just a few more games...

Good luck with that. I think I'll start buying Minnesota Cutler jerseys. I look good in purple.

Comment

• you cross Jay, you cross most Broncos fans.

Don't you know who I am?
      I'm J Cutler damn it!

Really though, he's gone as your QB. He knows it, and he's upset. In the real world owners lie, coaches lie and players lie. Cutler has to get used to that, or he'll always have a hard time in life.
      #1 - Head Coaches don't explain there actions to the players. They explain them to the owner.
      I'm not being rude but. NFL fans around the country are getting a chuckle. out of this Cutler thing. It appears that he thinks, he actually has a say if he's traded or not? He lied, they lied. It sounds childish.
      If I was the owner... I'd be reaching out to him as well! And tell him to "shut the F up!" His trade value is dropping day bye day with all his whinning!

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
        See, I look at this whole situation logically.

Logically speaking, who would more likely lie in this situation? Cutler or the Broncos front office?

Obviously, the Broncos FO has more to gain from lying about it than Cutler does. They tried to deal him, the deal fell through, and now the FO has to answer for it. And if Cutler is lying or is somehow misinformed, then I would think someone (i.e. Agent Bus Cook) would intervene and tell Cutler to back off and keep his mouth shut, because it would make Cutler look incredibly foolish to continue going on like he has if it turns out he is in the wrong with what actually transpired.

I said this Saturday, and it holds true today. If you're going to put your franchise quarterback on the trading block, you better move him. There is no easy or quick way to fix this situation.
        I agree it was a bad choice to deny the trade attempt. I think it was just damage control on the part of the Broncos, because even if the trade had been made, there would have been alot of Broncos fans hit the fan, so to some degree, it was a no win...which brings me back to the motivation.

I guess I just don't believe Josh McDaniels is so stupid as to try and frivolously trade Cutler for Cassel without having a damn good reason to do so. I give him credit for having more intelligence than that, but then again, supposedly smart people do stupid stuff all the time.

That is why it will be interessting to see what eventually comes out from McDaniels.

Just tell it how it is, Josh, the truth will set you free!

Comment

• Hmm it's right at around 100 votes and it's about 80/20 with Josh in the lead lol. It's too bad the Broncos front office don't read this. I know they wouldn't care anyways but I still find it interesting as a life long Broncos fan. . .
          sigpic
          MILE HIGH TIL I DIE!!!

Comment

• There are two ways to fix this:

1. winning (which involves a ton of work before week 1 even gets here)

2. :wave: McDaniels and go after Leslie Frazier once again-I would be ok with that Bowlen.

Comment

• I was ready to blast you, because Mariotti is generally a hack, but I actually believe he has a good take on this. It's easy to call Cutler the whiny boy QB who thinks he's Gods gift to football and is overrated, but think about the flip side for a moment. If a player gets upset over trade issues or because they are franchised or cut without so much as a convo from the team, they are prima donnas, but the FOs generally do whatever they want, without showing loyalty to the players they employ, and they are considered shrewd and "just running a business." You can't have your cake and eat it too.

They want to be seen as the good guys in this, but if Jay honestly felt like something was going down in the weeks leading up to this, they were willfully misleading him, which really makes the McDaniels statement after the no comment statement a bunch of bs, and makes Mr. Bowlen a coward for not stepping up now and setting the record straight, either way. I hate to say that, because up to this point I honestly felt like he was a top owner in sports, but if this is really the way it went down in those 2.5 weeks leading up to this, then Jay has every right to feel angry and betrayed, after the hard work he's put in his first three years.
              Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos6FTW View Post
                McD would be my first choice.
                Too much money tied up in coaches that would never happen. Pay shanny 20$ mill and McD 8$ mill and then a third coach? That is never going to happen.

Comment

• Pat, oh Pat ...where are you???

I've seen Pat Bowlens name mentioned numerous times in numerous posts about how he is expecting McDaniels to win immediately and how Josh will be on a short leash if he doesnt produce a playoff appearance in the next couple of years. Well heres my question. Where the he$$ is Pat Bowlen, why is he refusing to speak to the media in regard to this Jay vs Josh situation, and why isnt he stepping in and demanding that these two get along!!! Isnt that what an owner is supposed to do? If any of you were the owner of the Denver Broncos is that what you would do? I know I sure would. Is Pat really going to allow these rookies in the front office to just run in here and start transforming us into the mini patriots. What's up with this? Step in Pat, what are doing? This is your team man!
                  http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/w...equenceyh5.jpg

sigpic

Comment

• [QUOTE=mojo0730;2624588]See, I look at this whole situation logically.

Logically speaking, who would more likely lie in this situation? Cutler or the Broncos front office?

Obviously, the Broncos FO has more to gain from lying about it than Cutler does. They tried to deal him, the deal fell through, and now the FO has to answer for it. And if Cutler is lying or is somehow misinformed, then I would think someone (i.e. Agent Bus Cook) would intervene and tell Cutler to back off and keep his mouth shut, because it would make Cutler look incredibly foolish to continue going on like he has if it turns out he is in the wrong with what actually transpired.

I said this Saturday, and it holds true today. If you're going to put your franchise quarterback on the trading block, you better move him. There is no easy or quick way to fix this situation.[/QUOTE]

I think this is the only scenario that will work for both parties. If the Broncos even entertained the thought of trading Jay, then there is something about him that makes McD uncomfortable. And, if Jay is feeling betrayed, I don't see him playing his best here or buying into the system no matter what. Which is bad for Jay because lately his attitude portrays a 'teflon don' quality. I mean for goodness sakes they just canned Shanahan. There is no way in hell you should assume you aren't expendable. So, I feel the only feasible solution is to just cut ties with each other and move on.

Comment

• Media comments like this are just going to make Jay more resentful...the entire thing is a shame.

Cutler is the one that went to ESPN first, before going to talk it out with McDaniels and refusing to meet with him.
                      Actually, the fact that he learned about this from the media makes the FO look worse than him.. The fact that they came to him with this info before his own coach or owner or GM did is pretty damn sad.
                      Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by JHoward View Post
                        I've seen Pat Bowlens name mentioned numerous times in numerous posts about how he is expecting McDaniels to win immediately and how Josh will be on a short leash if he doesnt produce a playoff appearance in the next couple of years. Well heres my question. Where the he$$ is Pat Bowlen, why is he refusing to speak to the media in regard to this Jay vs Josh situation, and why isnt he stepping in and demanding that these two get along!!! Isnt that what an owner is supposed to do? If any of you were the owner of the Denver Broncos is that what you would do? I know I sure would. Is Pat really going to allow these rookies in the front office to just run in here and start transforming us into the mini patriots. What's up with this? Step in Pat, what are doing? This is your team man!
                        This is a good question as well.

Pat?

Comment

• I would like McDaniels to go. He has already shown he cannot handle the spotlight. He had a trade in place that he could not get to go through. He let it go public or at least had to know it would. He then has done nothing to rectify the situation other than lie!

Cutler has been a phenomenal kid with a terrible Defense. Sometimes I wonder hat we truly have in Marshall and Royal without Cutler.

Give me Leslie Frazier and lets get the show on the road. If Cutler goes we could be looking at a decade of futility!

Comment

• Because Pat sucks, and isn't a very good owner.

Look how long it took him to boot Shanahan out.... It will be YEARS before he responds to this...

Comment

• Originally posted by MindField View Post
                              Again, you are making an assumption.

Maybe McDaniels just considered Cassel to be a competent replacement, and Cutler to be too high maintenance. Cassel would have been more receptive to signing a reasonable extention, and McDaniels may think Cutler is going to be overly demanding for what he wants in a new contract.

There are no simple answers and alot plays into it.

We'll see how it plays out.

Who ever said the offseason was boring?
                              Which is what you, me, and everyone else is doing. The only thing is, people are ready to run the franchise out of town on a rail based on assumptions.

I can't wait for the season to begin, especially if Jay is still here.

Jay Cutler with a chip on his shoulder + a defense that will get him the ball back = dangerous.
                              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• This is the worst analogy ever.

More like you're about to run a street race and you just got a brand new shiny car as a gift. It's fast and looks really nice but it's custom built and some of the parts weren't put together all that well. They're a little squeaky and you're not too comfortable racing it. In your garage at home is the car you USED to have and it always did a good job. It wasn't the fastest or the shiniest but it got the job done when you needed it to, and now you need to choose which one to use for the new race.

The super fast but sometimes unreliable car that you've never driven, or the old reliable car that isn't the best but you know everything there is to know about it.
                                Last edited by Hoserman117; 03-03-2009, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X