No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO doubt. I wish somebody, anybody within the organization say something. Somthing more than the 3 short statments McDaniels has said. The longer this thing goes without anyone from the front office trying atleast to resolve, the more likely it would apear that EVERYONE, Bowlen, Xanders, and McDaniels was one board with the trade 100%.
    We Are....Marshall

Comment

• Originally posted by MindField View Post
      I agree it was a bad choice to deny the trade attempt. I think it was just damage control on the part of the Broncos, because even if the trade had been made, there would have been alot of Broncos fans hit the fan, so to some degree, it was a no win...which brings me back to the motivation.

I guess I just don't believe Josh McDaniels is so stupid as to try and frivolously trade Cutler for Cassel without having a damn good reason to do so. I give him credit for having more intelligence than that, but then again, supposedly smart people do stupid stuff all the time.

That is why it will be interessting to see what eventually comes out from McDaniels.

Just tell it how it is, Josh, the truth will set you free!
      See, I understand WHY he would attempt the trade, and it makes logical sense even if I disagree with it.

McDaniels is under pressure to win now. Forget giving him 3-5 seasons to make the playoffs. The expectations are that the Broncos have to win and win soon, meaning THIS season.

It's quite possible and probable that in evaluating film and speaking with Cutler, he knew it would take a lot longer than this season to adapt Cutler to his playbook (which reportedly, is vastly different than Shanahan's), and figured he'd bring in a guy who he knows he can work with and can work his system.

THAT part makes sense to me, and I think it ultimately would have made sense to Cutler if it wasn't for the fact that the front office proceeded to lie about it, and lie badly.

That's where the biggest problem is to me. Cutler can get over the fact they tried to trade him. But the fact that they would lie to him both before and afterwards? How can he ever trust McDaniels now, when all McDaniels was preaching about during his conference was that Jay is the man and communication is important to him?
      sigpic

Comment

• Pat is not Jerry Jones. He is a good owner. He lets people do their job after he has hired them. He did say that he "runs the show" and "Jay Cutler is the man around here."It would be nice for him to step up and say something.

If he did: what can he say that wouldn't be in support for one but not the other? He is in a terrible bind and knows silence is the best thing (at least with the media)

Comment

• Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
          Too much money tied up in coaches that would never happen. Pay shanny 20$ mill and McD 8$ mill and then a third coach? That is never going to happen.
          Actually, there might be a case to make for a firing with cause if McD went behind their backs and lied to their franchise QB. In which case, he won't owe him a nickel.
          Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• If I was the owner of the Broncos franchise, I'd punch McLovin's teeth out of the back of his head! Then sell him on eBay to a middle eastern gay man's harem for a taste of some different McLovin.

Never liked the look of McLovin much. He looks like a little snivelling mummy's boy, pi**ed at the world because he was never big enough to play ball.

Nasty little wet, soggy mouthed sh**.

:cutler: rules.
            GO BRONCOS

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51;2624619
              I think this is the only scenario that will work for both parties. If the Broncos even entertained the thought of trading Jay, [B
              then there is something about him that makes McD uncomfortable[/B]. And, if Jay is feeling betrayed, I don't see him playing his best here or buying into the system no matter what. Which is bad for Jay because lately his attitude portrays a 'teflon don' quality. I mean for goodness sakes they just canned Shanahan. There is no way in hell you should assume you aren't expendable. So, I feel the only feasible solution is to just cut ties with each other and move on.
              IMO, the only thing that could make Mcdaniels uncomfortable about Jay Cutler is that he isn't Matt Cassel.
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• This anlogy really blows. It only really holds water if your car is carrie, possesed, and causes your troubles.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
                  Too much money tied up in coaches that would never happen. Pay shanny 20$ mill and McD 8$ mill and then a third coach? That is never going to happen.

At least it isn't going against the cap!

Comment

• Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                    Actually, there might be a case to make for a firing with cause if McD went behind their backs and lied to their franchise QB. In which case, he won't owe him a nickel.
                    "Fired for cause" I belive Al Davis would say.

I have no doubt in my mind that if it came down to it, the Broncos could fire McD and not owe him a dime.
                    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                      This is the worst metaphor ever.

More like you're about to run a street race and you just got a brand new shiny car as a gift. It's fast and looks really nice but it's custom built and some of the parts weren't put together all that well. They're a little squeaky and you're not too comfortable racing it. In your garage at home is the car you USED to have and it always did a good job. It wasn't the fastest or the shiniest but it got the job done when you needed it to, and now you need to choose which one to use for the new race.

The super fast but sometimes unreliable car that you've never driven, or the old reliable car that isn't the best but you know everything there is to know about it.
                      I prefer the analogy, you are in a war, and you can call the USA or Bolivia to your aid, but you will make enemies of the other country. USA = Cutler and Bolivia = Cassel. I'd make friends with the USA, personally.
                      Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                        "Fired for cause" I belive Al Davis would say.

I have no doubt in my mind that if it came down to it, the Broncos could fire McD and not owe him a dime.
                        At the very least, they'd have a better case for it than Al Davis ever has had.

Comment

• Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                          McDaniels holds the cards, not Cutler.
                          I disagree. Bronco fans have been waiting 8 years for a QB that could possibly fill the void that Elway left. Cutler is that man. Sure, he isn't great yet, but most people believe that he is going to be a top QB, maybe the top QB in a few years.

Some young punk (McDaniels) comes in after Shanny and wants to trade this guy away? For what? Some QB that hardly played a game from high school through college? Ok, he had a decent year last year but that doesn't prove anything.

I'd say 80% of the people on this forum are on Cutlers side... not McDaniels. If they get rid of Cutler and the team sucks as much as it did before people will be picketing outside the Broncos headquarters asking for heads on platters.
                          Superbowl 50 Champs!

Comment

• are you serious? i am never giving him a chance...i could see if cutler was a bad qb but *** he was the leader of a denver offense was number 2...why would you do something that would mess up...i mean seriously...i thought mcdaniels' coming to denver was a good think but it as it turns out i was clearly wrong

Comment

• McDaniels is a disaster.

Originally posted by KansasKrista View Post
                              It has been a very embarassing few days for the Bronco organization. I can see where fans are angry and the media is laughing. I can understand why Jay Cutler was hurt and angry and how many feel that McDaniels made a terrible mistake. I get all of that but, to flip out and say you are done being a fan or to think McDaniels needs to go is totally over-reacting!!
                              McDaniels had a chance to get the QB he wanted to work with for the next several years.. a QB who knows his system, and obviously is a character guy who has a tremendous upside. If the trade would have gone down, Denver would have had Matt Cassel and possibly a high first round pick by trading Cutler... if that would have happened, I think many would have been praising his brilliance. He took a big gamble and it all blew up in his face but, I don't fault him for wanting a QB who he knows very well and has worked with for years. It is kind of like betting everything you have on a horse.. everything is riding on that bet so, I am sure you would go with a horse you know very well and have won countless times with.. it would be more difficult to gamble everything on a horse you know almost nothing about and don't have that trust with. McDaniels knows what direction he wants to take this franchise in and he wanted Cassel... I see no real problem with that except that it all failed miserably and now he has a big mess to clean up. And then there is Cutler.. again, I have no issue with him being hurt and angry but, he shouldn't have spouted off to the media.. Cutler shares a big responsibility in how everyone is looking at our team right now. Oh, I know many think it is the organizations fault but, all could have been diffused if only Cutler kept it all behind closed doors and acted like everything was ok. I have pride as a Bronco fan and I don't like how all of this looks, and yes, I put some of that blame onto Cutler's shoulders and to not do that is giving this guy a pass for being unprofessional and immature. He just needs to get over it... if he doesn't Denver will have major issues this season. As a Denver fan who plans on sticking it out no matter what, I sincerely hope Cutler shows some maturity and at least outwardly shows that this is squashed.
                              Now, we have Marshall who seems to be a suspension waiting to happen... chances are very good Marshall will be suspended for a long period of time.. Marshall is unreliable.. do we really want a head case like that in Denver?
                              McDaniel's is trying to change the atmosphere is Denver... he is trying to build a winning team. He is trying to build a team with character and leadership. Denver needs a change... things weren't working and I think it is fair to say alot of the players Shanahan brought in had real character issues. Let's give McDaniels a chance to fix this and see what kind of team he puts on the field this year... give him a chance before everyone freaks out. I think when we look back in a few years we will be happy McDaniels came to Denver.
                              Why should he be given a chance that he never gave Cutler. What comes around goes around. They won't fire him, but the bottom line is he should have never been hired. I will say this. Denver Fans are as passionate as any in the league. IF he does not perform, they will run him out of town on a rail, and right now the tar and feathers are being prepared thanks to his poor judgement. You are right, he is trying to change the atmosphere in Denver, unfortunately, he is going in the wrong direction and the fans are not on board with him. That makes for a very short coaching career.
                              Last edited by Duke1948; 03-03-2009, 11:12 AM. Reason: misspelled words

Comment

• Mr. Bowlen is a COWARD! He probably still in la la land and still not wanna to wake up to the fact that he has hired a dumb coach.

It's not going to go away Mr. Bowlen, untill YOU come out and speaks to the Broncos nation fans...
                                Last edited by CommandQ; 03-03-2009, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X