Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Bronco51;2624619]
    Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    See, I look at this whole situation logically.

Logically speaking, who would more likely lie in this situation? Cutler or the Broncos front office?

Obviously, the Broncos FO has more to gain from lying about it than Cutler does. They tried to deal him, the deal fell through, and now the FO has to answer for it. And if Cutler is lying or is somehow misinformed, then I would think someone (i.e. Agent Bus Cook) would intervene and tell Cutler to back off and keep his mouth shut, because it would make Cutler look incredibly foolish to continue going on like he has if it turns out he is in the wrong with what actually transpired.

I said this Saturday, and it holds true today. If you're going to put your franchise quarterback on the trading block, you better move him. There is no easy or quick way to fix this situation.[/QUOTE]

I think this is the only scenario that will work for both parties. If the Broncos even entertained the thought of trading Jay, then there is something about him that makes McD uncomfortable. And, if Jay is feeling betrayed, I don't see him playing his best here or buying into the system no matter what. Which is bad for Jay because lately his attitude portrays a 'teflon don' quality. I mean for goodness sakes they just canned Shanahan. There is no way in hell you should assume you aren't expendable. So, I feel the only feasible solution is to just cut ties with each other and move on.
    I don't agree.

Everyone had the same reaction to the Eagles benching Donovan McNabb this past season, and speculation was rampant that he was done with them, then they won eight in a row, or whatever it was, and now they are talking contract extention.

Roger Staubach had to split starts and sometimes series with Craig Morton in his early days with the Cowboys, and at one point asked Tom Landry to trade him.

It took Terry Bradshaw, who was the first player Chuck Noll ever selected, about five seasons to finally establish himself as the starting QB, and was benched several times in favor of QB's like Joe Gilliam and Terry Hanratty.

Troy Aikman saw the Cowboys select Jimmy Johnson's QB from his Hurricane days, Steve Walsh, No. 1 in the supplemental draft, and allowed him to openly compete with Aikman for the starters job, a move Aikman resented for years. However, Aikman was prfessional enough to set it aside, for the good of the Cowboys, and the two won alot of games together including a couple of Super Bowls.

John Elway himself watched Dan Reeves select Tommy Maddox as a QB in the first round, when Carl Pickens, a WR the Broncos badly needed was still on the board.

Joe Montana had to endure Steve Young looking over his shoulder for years, and was benched at times to allow Young to play, and was eventually traded to Kansas City to accomodate him.

This is the business of the NFL, and as you can see, there were some pretty good QB's that were openly questioned by thier coaches or teams, so Jay Cutler is certainly not the first to go through it.

The real question is, how is he going to respond?

Comment

• Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
      I prefer the analogy, you are in a war, and you can call the USA or Bolivia to your aid, but you will make enemies of the other country. USA = Cutler and Bolivia = Cassel. I'd make friends with the USA, personally.
      That doesn't make sense either because it doesn't include the idea that the USA is unfamiliar and unreliable at times and Bolivia has proven it's worth to you before and you're very closely related and comfortable with it.

I'm not saying Josh was right for trying to land Cassell, but don't bash him with stuff that doesn't even make sense.

Comment

• :go:
        Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
        I was ready to blast you, because Mariotti is generally a hack, but I actually believe he has a good take on this. It's easy to call Cutler the whiny boy QB who thinks he's Gods gift to football and is overrated, but think about the flip side for a moment. If a player gets upset over trade issues or because they are franchised or cut without so much as a convo from the team, they are prima donnas, but the FOs generally do whatever they want, without showing loyalty to the players they employ, and they are considered shrewd and "just running a business." You can't have your cake and eat it too.

They want to be seen as the good guys in this, but if Jay honestly felt like something was going down in the weeks leading up to this, they were willfully misleading him, which really makes the McDaniels statement after the no comment statement a bunch of bs, and makes Mr. Bowlen a coward for not stepping up now and setting the record straight, either way. I hate to say that, because up to this point I honestly felt like he was a top owner in sports, but if this is really the way it went down in those 2.5 weeks leading up to this, then Jay has every right to feel angry and betrayed, after the hard work he's put in his first three years.

:salute!::cutler:
        I just hope we know the truth eventually.
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by JrtheFreak View Post
          I disagree. Bronco fans have been waiting 8 years for a QB that could possibly fill the void that Elway left. Cutler is that man. Sure, he isn't great yet, but most people believe that he is going to be a top QB, maybe the top QB in a few years.

Some young punk (McDaniels) comes in after Shanny and wants to trade this guy away? For what? Some QB that hardly played a game from high school through college? Ok, he had a decent year last year but that doesn't prove anything.

I'd say 80% of the people on this forum are on Cutlers side... not McDaniels. If they get rid of Cutler and the team sucks as much as it did before people will be picketing outside the Broncos headquarters asking for heads on platters.
          Well if Bowlen Ok'd trading Cutler, McD holds the cards; and it really does not matter what the fans want. If it did, BDawk would still be an Eagle.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
          J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
          R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

• Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
            Nice excuse. Don't blame the running game because everytime anyone in the backfield not named andre hall touched the ball we were averaging 5.0 ypc. Typical excuse though. You can only blame the defense, and even then the defense doesn't force him to throw retarded bone head INTs every game. Most of them weren't even close like couldve been a TD or INT, it was just plain simple bad read and throws.

Also some can argue and if you actually watch the games, that he put the defense in even MORE of a hole than they shouldve been. How would you like to be the defense when your qb throws ints inside your own 50 anyways? It goes both ways, but go ahead keep idolizing Cutler. Sure he can be great, just don't make him into this god of the broncos when he obviously is not.
            We were averaging 5 YPC because the defense was playing back so far. They were playing the pass. Our 5 yard runs were stopped often by their D linemen, not the safeties or the LB's.

Stats are a poor argument. You ever wonder why every time he threw the ball their defender was smacking our WR in the mouth. We couldn't use the PA, teams didn't care if we handed it off, well until we got Hillis but we won almost all those games.

Its no coincidence that once we got Hillis our D looked 10X better, and once we lost him 10X worse. Cutlers' stats went down and every thing feel apart.

The Defense was poor, ok. Even when they played good they couldn't create turn over's and they were still inconsistent. Couple that with no running game and you put everything on your QB.

What was our Pass to Run ratio for those games without Hillis ?

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

• Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
              What games? The 17-20 games? For every game you say he was the only reason we won, I can name one that he was the only reason we lost. This has nothing to do with talent, just facts atm.
              Oh, I forgot that the crappy D he's had was his fault. You think Brady would be deemed as good as he is if he had to try to win games in the forth quarter instead of being up by 20 point at the end of every 3rd?

When the QB has the added pressure of a poor defense on his team he does worse. You think Ben Worthlessburger is a better QB than Cutler? Or do you think the tough Squeeler D has something to do with it? It's not that complicated...
              Superbowl 50 Champs!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
                Well if Bowlen Ok'd trading Cutler, McD holds the cards; and it really does not matter what the fans want. If it did, BDawk would still be an Eagle.
                Only winning will count, If we lose games Bowlen, McD and every one loses. You don't know the hand until its played.

But with that Cutler is an Ace. McD is a wild card and Bowlen is the poker player. If he risked his Ace for a wild card he's an idiot.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

• McDaniels. He's a chicken$hit who's afraid of experienced people.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                    That doesn't make sense either because it doesn't include the idea that the USA is unfamiliar and unreliable at times and Bolivia has proven it's worth to you before and you're very closely related and comfortable with it.

I'm not saying Josh was right for trying to land Cassell, but don't bash him with stuff that doesn't even make sense.
                    You are talking about the government, I'm referring to the military. Let's have a 1v1 fight between the Army of Bolivia and your choice of any branch of the military of the USA and see who blows who to Kingdom Come. And really, I was just mocking the whole idea of a good analogy for this argument anyways.
                    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• Mariotti is playing two-face. Yesterday on Around the Horn he was saying Cutler was being a baby and to man up. Typical media
                      sigpic

Comment

• Josh McDaniels has more chance of victory with Jay Cutler. Less chance without him.

he already played down his chances of becoming a great coach behind Mr. Shanny.

Comment

• Originally posted by JrtheFreak View Post
                          Oh, I forgot that the crappy D he's had was his fault. You think Brady would be deemed as good as he is if he had to try to win games in the forth quarter instead of being up by 20 point at the end of every 3rd?

When the QB has the added pressure of a poor defense on his team he does worse. You think Ben Worthlessburger is a better QB than Cutler? Or do you think the tough Squeeler D has something to do with it? It's not that complicated...
                          Actually, I do.

Until Cutler can make throws to win games like Big Ben did against Baltimore, and to win a Super Bowl like he did against Arizona, Cutler is not in his class.

That is a perfect example of taking the pretty numbers over substance.

Cutler has the yardage, etc.

Roethlisberger has the wins and the rings.

Next subject.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                            Mariotti is playing two-face. Yesterday on Around the Horn he was saying Cutler was being a baby and to man up. Typical media
                            LOL I didn't know that (as I don't pay much attention to Jay and also I don't have cable) but it doesn't surprise me one bit.
                            Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                              You are talking about the government, I'm referring to the military. Let's have a 1v1 fight between the Army of Bolivia and your choice of any branch of the military of the USA and see who blows who to Kingdom Come. And really, I was just mocking the whole idea of a good analogy for this argument anyways.
                              Well talking about the military has no relevance in this, which is why I pointed it out.

Comment

• Shanahan, who never won a Super Bowl without John Elway and had let the Broncos slip into mediocrity but never, ever would be stupid enough to betray an excellent player
                                more than enough said here
                                Proud Member of: Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #35

Comment

Working...
                                X