Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MindField View Post
    Actually, I do.

Until Cutler can make throws to win games like Big Ben did against Baltimore, and to win a Super Bowl like he did against Arizona, Cutler is not in his class.

That is a perfect example of taking the pretty numbers over substance.

Cutler has the yardage, etc.

Roethlisberger has the wins and the rings.

Next subject.
    As good as our offense is, it lacked balance. No threat in the rushing game for most of the season. Poor defense.

You can try to close the book and look at the cover if you want. But to know whats going on you have to read the book.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

• Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
      Mariotti is playing two-face. Yesterday on Around the Horn he was saying Cutler was being a baby and to man up. Typical media
      thats not true i watched around the horn and he backed up Cutler to a certian point and said he understand why hes mad
      Proud Member of: Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #35

Comment

I agree it was a bad choice to deny the trade attempt. I think it was just damage control on the part of the Broncos, because even if the trade had been made, there would have been alot of Broncos fans hit the fan, so to some degree, it was a no win...which brings me back to the motivation.

I guess I just don't believe Josh McDaniels is so stupid as to try and frivolously trade Cutler for Cassel without having a damn good reason to do so. I give him credit for having more intelligence than that, but then again, supposedly smart people do stupid stuff all the time.
        That is why it will be interessting to see what eventually comes out from McDaniels.

Just tell it how it is, Josh, the truth will set you free!
        I mentioned this in another thread.
        Mcd is under the gun to win and win now. He does not have the luxury of spending the next 2-3 years getting things back on tract. This alone is the only reason I can figure he would attempt the trade. He saw a short cut and tried to take it! With Cassel he gets a qb that has 4 years in his system. No need to worry about getting Cutler up to speed when he can simply bring in Cassel. That thought process combined with the lack of foresight (forecasting the potential fallout) and the obvious difference in talent level tells me we may be in BIG trouble with Mcd at helm.

Comment

• Originally posted by JrtheFreak View Post
          Oh, I forgot that the crappy D he's had was his fault. You think Brady would be deemed as good as he is if he had to try to win games in the forth quarter instead of being up by 20 point at the end of every 3rd?

When the QB has the added pressure of a poor defense on his team he does worse. You think Ben Worthlessburger is a better QB than Cutler? Or do you think the tough Squeeler D has something to do with it? It's not that complicated...
          What's your argument for Cutler's disappearance in the last 3 games, when the pressure was on, and we needed the offense to have good games to make the playoffs? Or are you simply ignoring that?

Cutler's last 3 games. 2 TD's/4 INT's a QB rating hovering in the low-mid 70's. That isn't going to cut it regardless of how good the defense is.

Cutler = good young talent, but nowhere near the level of the upper echelon QB's. Especially in Big games.

Comment

• Originally posted by JrtheFreak View Post
            Oh, I forgot that the crappy D he's had was his fault. You think Brady would be deemed as good as he is if he had to try to win games in the forth quarter instead of being up by 20 point at the end of every 3rd?

When the QB has the added pressure of a poor defense on his team he does worse. You think Ben Worthlessburger is a better QB than Cutler? Or do you think the tough Squeeler D has something to do with it? It's not that complicated...
            Exactly what mindfield said. /next

On a side note Brady has like 27 4th quarter wins where he made a drive to win the game. So that throws out your whole analogy of him just sitting back and not winning.

Comment

• McD was not my first choice. But then he was hired so a Bronco supporter I began to believe that Bowlen must know what he was doing. Now, I am not very sure. McD has completely destroyed any goodwill the Broncos could have had as they repair the defense. What a mess!!!!!!!!!

Let's hope this team can win because that will be all that can repair this mess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                I don't think it fits every piece of evidence since. It was the NE newspaper that leaked the story about McDaniels trying to trade for Cassel.... who do you think leaked that??

The story wasn't leaked that Cutler was lookign for a trade. People can't put feelers out without those knowing where the feelers were coming from. People wouldn't be calling McDaniels if it was the agent doing the searching. They would be calling the agent.

Just because Jay expressed displeasure with the firing of Shanahan, doesn't mean he was more upset that a LOT of players get when they find a coach has been fired. Every year, if there is a coach that is fired unexpectedly, you hear players that are upset. Hell, LT let it be known that he was NOT happy about the firing of Schottenheimer (as an example).

No. McDaniels was the one looking alright... and is now trying to make it appear that others are over-reacting, and he's completely innocent. He's backed himself into a corner, and doesn't know how to get out of it now.
                Exactly. Now there is this perception of him that he is innocent, you know, Good 'Ol boy Josh.

::music in the backgroud::

honey came in and she caught me red-handed
                creeping with the girl next door
                picture this we were both butt-naked
                banging on the bathroom floor
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
                  Exactly what mindfield said. /next

On a side note Brady has like 27 4th quarter wins where he made a drive to win the game. So that throws out your whole analogy of him just sitting back and not winning.
                  With a running game and a offense that has played together how long. You cannot compair the 2.

Cutler didn't do it on his own. Teams simply did not believe we were going to run and played the pass. Those games our D was pitifull as well.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

• The teams Defenses will be fixed thanks to Nolan in 2 years. At that time your can kiss the ignorant McDaniels good bye and make room for the return of old leather face, MIKE SHANAHAN.........it will happen.

Do I think it was time for a change? YES. Shanahan could not get it done in the draft and FA market. He needed a break. Its going to be the same situation as Phil Jackson of the Lakers "getting fired" and making a return to the team one year later.
                    Last edited by rst08tierney; 03-03-2009, 10:29 AM.

Comment

The Broncos cannot control the offers made by other teams.

I think it is pretty clear this was only going to happen for Cassel.

To me, this would have been similar to when Holmgren traded for Hasselbach. A player familiar with his system, and one that had fairly good success in Seattle.

For me, I think the comparison of Cutler to Jeff George is becoming more and more applicable by the day.

Talented, yes, but a self-absorbed Diva of a QB.

Ultimately, you don't win with those types anyway.
                      Talented, yes, but a self-absorbed Diva of a rookie head coach.

Ultimately, you don't win with those types anyway.

The question is, should the one who lied be so easily justified? What kind of message does this send the players and the fans?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadow7ax View Post
                        McDaniels. He's a chicken$hit who's afraid of experienced people.
                        Dude, tell your cat to stop staring at me, he's freaking me out.
                        Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• I remember i so wanted Spagnolo for this job. He's an awesome Defense coordinator which is EXACTLY what the Broncos needed. Not a kid who tried to get an easy QB to coach cause he's too chicken to take up a new system.
                          sigpic

Comment

• McDaniel's is so screwed, I could use him to fix my shelf later today.

Jay Cutler has NEVER been an unwanted player in his football career. The guy goes to Vandy, becomes the SEC player of the YEAR.... the SEC POY...AT VANDY... and gets drafted to be the hopeful savior that the Broncos have been looking for.

All of the tools, the mechanics, the athletic ability, his ceiling shows how BRIGHT of a future he has in this league.

The fact that he is a 25 year old pro bowl quarterback already tells you something...

Now, all of a sudden McDummy comes in, and tells the media and the fans how excited he is to work with Jay. THEN he goes behind Jay's back and tries to trade him, but ends up with the trade COLLAPSING in his LAP.

And on top of all that, he LIES saying he NEVER wanted to trade Jay.

Jay was wanted one day, and then over night McDumbass tried to trade him away for his boy toy.

How utterly SAD and PATHETIC, of a head coach we have.

Comment

• I love how we just keep seeing articles written about how "Cutler is a Great Fit For Team X!", and not a single one of these articles presents any sort of plausible scenario in which Team X could put together a package that would make it worthwhile for Denver to trade with them. Besides AP, I can't think of anybody on the Vikings I would rather have than Cutler (and they're not trading Peterson). Cutler would be a "great fit" on just about any team in the league--so would Peyton or Brady--that doesn't mean those teams have enough trade value to get him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutler4tw View Post
                                more than enough said here
                                uh Shannon Sharpe? Id say there was betrayal there
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X