X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The answer is easy...

Originally posted by Gr3yStreet View Post
    Man you cant PROVE that.

I'm sorry, if its true, I agree with you. If McDaniels never wanted Cuter in the first place, then he should of been upfront about it.

But how do you KNOW that McDaniels did not come to Denver with all the excitement and every intention of making if work with Cutler just to be met with resistance and a poor arrogant attitude?

You don't KNOW how the meeting between these two have gone OR what McDaniels has determined breaking down all the film with his coaching staff and applying it to his system.

Maybe McDaniels heard ABSOLUTELY NOTHING impressive or complimentary about Cutler at the pro-bowl from any of those coaches....

Jay Cutler COULD have been nothing but pushy and unaccommodating to McDaneils to the point where when he heard Cassell was available he just said screw it.

But that wouldn't NECESSARILY mean that he lied about Cutler.

OF course...he pretty much lied when he said we never tried to trade Cutler...but that's different.
    The new coach showed up in the off season so they have not only not had a chance to work together, they probably have had little contact, which is one reason I don't trust his judgement either. He made no effort to discuss this with Jay and now he got caught with his pants down. This guy is a product of Belichick's cheating machine. Denver does not need that kind of lack of integrity in this system.

Comment

• This is just getting insane. People need to relax

Comment

• I for one am giving McDaniels a chance, just about everything that has been said is media hype and speculation. Jay needs to grow up - he should have been in Denver talking things over with McD and not doing any and every interview that comes across his path. His refusal to meet face to face shows a lack of maturity on his part. Players get traded and coaches get replaced. Welcome to professional football. True fans support their team - no matter what. Those of you that want McD's head on a platter are probably some of the same people that wanted Shanny fired. Shanny was given a chance and made some good moves and some bad moves, give the same chance to our new HC. Cutler and Shanny had a great relationship and Cutler can't get over his firing and then to add insult to injury Bates got fired. A few generic words to the press after these changes don't speak louder than his actions. His actions show that he doesn't accept the changes and maybe McD knows this. 8-8 does not a play-off make.
        Broncos, John Elway, nvjeanie. Established in 1960

Comment

• I did not want shanny fired.

Did not want Josh as coach.

Did not want some noob running our front office.

Yet there we stood with all of those things in line.

People seem to forget but before hiring Shanny Bowlen made ALL kinds of mistakes. Maybe some remember but when he said "this ones for john" while holding up the SB trophy more then one sports writer said Bowlen has finally gotten something right.

Still with all of this I was trying to look at the upside.

Maybe we had the next Bill Cowler as our head coach. Maybe the next Polian as GM....we have a franschise QB after nearly a decade of searching for one and now maybe we have all the leadership we need to become great again....

Then they tried to trade the franchise QB.....of all the dumbest things! Seriously this was probably one of the biggest screw ups in Bronco history in less then 2 months on the job!

Look were atlanta went when they traded Bret Favre.

Look were Indy went when they traded John Elway.

Look were TB went when they traded Steve Young.

If you are going to trade a franchise QB you better get one in return or have one in waiting (Montana/Young or Rivers/Manning); sorry you football dum dums but Cassel is far from a franchise QB.

As good as Cutler is he is young and imo he is still a little fragile mentally as a NFL QB.

Now the new head coach comes in and ****s things all up.

Remember how horrible Steve Young was in TB but how good he was in SF? Well that is the DIRECT result of QUALITY coaching.

Yea Brady is the great QB of our day imo and Josh was his coach. I was really hoping he would turn Cutler into the star we all know he could be.

But how much of that is Josh? How much of it is Bill?

Personally if it could happen I would want a do-over at this point. I bet Bowlen wishes he had a do-over at this point.

Unfortunately in life you are stuck with the bed you make for a while.

Lets hope our bed does not become show us the path teams like Cincy/Detroit have been on.
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Marriotti is an abnoxious ass most of the time, but i agree with most of what he said, except about the whinning and making a big deal about what he said about playing for his teamates, if a coach disrespected me the way Mcdumb did Jay I would be just as ticked off

Comment

• How does he know when the guy is Joshing him?

That line from the story is the best configuration and play on words involving Denver's [present] coach I have seen and sums up what Cutler must be thinking.

"How does he know when the guy is Joshing him? "

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                Hell, LT let it be known that he was NOT happy about the firing of Schottenheimer
                LT played for 4 coaches in his career (Perkins, Parcells, Handley, Reeves) and never complained once.

If you're referring to that running back from Texas Christian, then please refer to him by name. There is only one LT, and he was the greatest defensive player ever.
                Sent from my Human Cent-iPad

Comment

• And Shanny was considered by many to be an idiot when he replaced Plummer with Cutler. I supported that decision, because I wasn't there to see what was going on first hand, I am not there now, but I see one side trying to meet with the other side and the other side pouting and whining like a 2 year old. That speaks volumes.

Comment

• Originally posted by AC1 View Post
                    1. If the trade for Cassel had gone through, we would not have gotten a first round pick. From our perspective, it was a straight-up trade of Cutler for Cassel.

2. Everyone was more than willing to give him a chance when he came in. I still am, to a certain extent. But you can't just come in and dismantle somthing when no one has any guarantee that you can rebuild it.

3. For someone to come in, look at the 2nd ranked offense (with 8 RBs on IR), the 30th ranked defense and decide that the QB needs to change, makes me nervous about that person's judgment.

I have no problem with giving McDaniels a chance as long as he looks to fix what's broken, not break what has been fixed.
                    The way he could fix it would be to go on national TV and admit he was wrong and apologize to all involved and to the fans in Denver. Then I and many others would start showing him the forgivness he would deserve. Sitting there and allowing other take the heat is a cowards way out.....

Comment

• Im sorry, I could understand this move if we still had Greise or Plummer, but Culter is a top 10 QB in the NFL at the very least and Cassel is most likely going to be a one year wonder like Anderson was for the Browns, this was a dumb move any which way you look at it

Comment

• Originally posted by MindField View Post
                        Actually, I do.

Until Cutler can make throws to win games like Big Ben did against Baltimore, and to win a Super Bowl like he did against Arizona, Cutler is not in his class.

That is a perfect example of taking the pretty numbers over substance.

Cutler has the yardage, etc.

Roethlisberger has the wins and the rings.

Next subject.
                        put cutler on that pittsburgh team and we'll see what happens....roethlisberger has been blessed with a great team around him.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyD123 View Post
                          This guy sounds a lot like Jeff George, who bye the way... May have had the best arm in the history of the NFL. I hear how Cutler talks about his arm Anyway George's biggest problem was himself, and seemed to be in a downward spiral throughout his pro career.
                          last year a buddy of mine who is a lifelong four decade Bronco fan mentioned that JC reminded him of JG--all that terrific talent, but the upstairs?? Took me awhile to put 3 and 3 together, but the events of the past week added to 6. Go to Wiki and look at JG's career trajectory, all his mental problems, and I see JC on this same downward path of becoming a tempermental journeyman few coaches want to baby-sit. That is, unless JC looks deep within himself and reflects on his actions and persona...

but then JC has rubbed me the wrong way since they drafted his haughty, snooty, I'm-better-than-you aloof arse. I just dont like the guy, he is nothing more than a mediocre sub-500 QB right now, and McD must listen carefully to all trade offers that come to the table. IOW JC's time in Denver is coming to a very swift end, and we will have a new starting QB week 1.

anyone care to predict if JC can break JG's mark of teams played for? (something like 7-8)?
                          Last edited by Sequence; 03-03-2009, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nv#1broncofan View Post
                            And Shanny was considered by many to be an idiot when he replaced Plummer with Cutler. I supported that decision, because I wasn't there to see what was going on first hand, I am not there now, but I see one side trying to meet with the other side and the other side pouting and whining like a 2 year old. That speaks volumes.
                            Some may have considered Shanny an idiot but some did not. Some realized it was the move intended to win Super Bowls.

Read around, I will post links if you can not find them.

Just about EVERY sports writer is calling trying to trade Cutler a HUGE mistake.

And I agree. If he trades Cutler and we do not get a franchise QB in return I think Josh will send us on our way to becoming the next Detroit Lions.

Bronco fans and Bowlen want Josh, well gg you got him. Now live with him

RIP bronco winning seasons if someone does not do something quick to save this issue
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• What move? Nothing came of it. Cutler is still in Denver - but maybe NFL - not for long, because of what has transpired since. I heard a lot of boos and fire Cutler/bring back Plummer over the past 2 seasons. He is a good player, just as Marshall is, but maybe that's not enough for a new coach that wants to make a better team on and off the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
                                put cutler on that pittsburgh team and we'll see what happens....roethlisberger has been blessed with a great team around him.
                                Roethlesberger has more game winning drives in the last 2 years(11), then a lot of good young QB's do in their career.

Comment

Working...
                                X