Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor: Cutler for Quinn, Rogers, 3rd rounder

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...popular_i.html

Just saw this on Rotoworld... They got it from the link above (CLE Plain Dealer). CLE rag shoots it down.

Would you do this deal?

Comment

• This idea is!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MindField View Post
        He did not get his way with the coaching change, so he sabotaged it. He wanted out when Bates was not retained, so he basically has put McDaniels in this position.

You don't even have your facts straight.

This is Jay Cutler's creation, not Josh McDaniels. Cutler made it clear he was not happy with the coaching changes...what exactly would you think if you were Josh McDaniels?
        i understand that cutler would be upset...they were the only coaching staff he'd ever known at this level and they were on the verge of big things offensively. he's not allowed to express his feelings?....and he then sat back and took some time to let it all sink in and then was ok with the moves...not necessarily happy but ok with the moves...i'm still not sure what the issue is...all perfectly understandable to me

my guess with you and a lot of the other cutler bashers is that you were never a fan of him and he can do nothing right

john elway refused to play in baltimore, he got a lot of crap for that... then he had issues with dan reeves....a lot of people thought elway was a prima donna and immature...we all know how that worked out

we spent 10 years searching for a qb and now that we finally have one a select few want to run him out of town...all i can say is be careful what you wish for

Comment

• I wouldn't do it either. At least it makes more sense then the other propsed trade. I apologize... I see there's another thread about this in another section. Didn't see it.

Comment

• In Manning I trust.

Comment

• Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
              Roethlesberger has more game winning drives in the last 2 years(11), then a lot of good young QB's do in their career.
              umm....ok...like i just said, he has a great team around him...the steelers won this year in spite of him, he didn't play well....though he did make some plays late when they needed them, good for him

terry bradshaw is considered an all time great qb and he was far from it....he just played on a team loaded with hall of famers

Comment

• Shame on McDaniels for wanting a better team, and for wanting cooperation with his franchise QB. Shame on him for trying to improve things and thinking that he should not demand anything from Cutler. Let's keep things the way they have been and a mediocre 8-8 will be just fine with the franchise and the fans. Get real. Things have needed to be changed. The players have become complacent, they needed a wake up call. They got it and now no one likes it.
                Broncos, John Elway, nvjeanie. Established in 1960

Comment

• It doesnt matter who wrote the damn article, if you like the guy or if ten seconds after its publication he contradicated it on another show. The points are ALL VALID! Cutler didnt do this, Mc****head did. Why the hell do you even want to entertain thoughts of trading a young, up and rising QB? Why? He's not smart enough to run your uber complicated scheme? Come on! Dude when to fricking Vanderbilt! I think he can comprehend the all mighty Patriot playbook. Its not Cutler fault the Broncos have floundered the past two seasons. The offense has been good enough to keep them in almost every game while the defense gave up yards like by the ton. My God, I can not believe there are Bronco fans who think that getting rid of Jay Cutler is a good idea, ceratinly not for Matt Cassell and to be honest, I dont think there are more than 3 QB's currently playing in the NFL that I would trade Cutler for. And I sure as hell wouldnt trade him to get Stafford or Sanchez... thats a leap in the wrong direction. Have any of you looked around teh landscape of the NFL recently? There are about 5 teams that have any kind of quality at QB. The rest struggle because of it. Minnesota, a team on the brink, has all the talent in the world but struggles because they dont have a competent, much less good, QB. Detroit, Kanasa City, Cleveland, New York (Jets), St Louis, San Francisco... on and on... they are looking for exactly what the Broncos have... A FRANCHISE QB. For all of Shanahans faults he was smart enough to see that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
                    umm....ok...like i just said, he has a great team around him...the steelers won this year in spite of him, he didn't play well....though he did make some plays late when they needed them, good for him

terry bradshaw is considered an all time great qb and he was far from it....he just played on a team loaded with hall of famers
                    You're seriously missing the part of come from behind wins.

When the game is on the line, there isn't another QB in the NFl you want with the ball. Not Manning. Not Brady. Certainly not Cutler.

Say what you want about Bradshw. Anyone that watched football in that era new he was an excellent game manager. There are many different types of QB's. The ones that win games, like Roethlesberger, are the special ones.

Comment

• If I ABSOLUTELY had to pick one....this is a tough choice.

McDaniels because there would be no good coach out there most likely...

but Cutler is a great QB, just need to get him some Defense...

I can't really choose.

Comment

• I voted for Josh but please also put Bowlen with him for getting us into this mess.
                        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• McDaniels and the Broncos largely to blame for the rift with Cutler

I have to side with Jay Cutler on this one. In pursuing Matt Cassel, Josh McDaniels made several critical errors. First, you need to have a fallback plan in place in case a trade does not work out. The Broncos have no viable alternative at quarterback and there seems to be few quality replacements available through free agency or trade. Second, they already have a young, pro bowl calliber quarterback in place whose ceiling is enormous. For the better part of a decade, Denver has been searching for the next John Elway and seemed to have found him in Cutler. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, with a player of Cutler's stature, it's important to be forthright in your dealings and motivations. The coach/quarterback relationship is predicated on trust and in going behind Cutler's back, McDaniels and the Broncos may have irreparably shattered that relationship.

Comment

• Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post

Yeah, alot of teams are interested, so what, he holds all the cards now? We can trade him and get a good package of picks and build our TEAM. Josh McDaniels does not have any ties to Cutler, he could care less about his butt buddy Bates, and hopefully he will not bow down to this punk!
                            Yea, good plan. Then the Broncos can spend the next 10 years shuffling through the likes of Brian Griese, Steve Buerlien, Gus Ferrotte, Jake Plummer... looking for the next franchise QB. Ask Detroit how thats working out for them? Ask Baltimore what the last 5 years would have been like for that organization with someone like Jay Cutler behind center. Wait, ask 3/4 of the other NFL teams that dont have a franchise QB

Comment

• Mariotti is a dooshbag. always has been, always will be.

Comment

• I think the mods should restrict the board enrollment.....for now.
                                COPYWRITED MATERIAL Copyright © 1975 by Dr Velcro

Comment

Working...
                                X