McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conspiracy Theory?

It sounds like something out of the X-files. If you think that, then I have a lead for you on a trailer park where a certain rock and roll legend and third reich dictator are holed up. Thanks for the laugh though.

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Think about it.

The Broncos fire Shanahan and Jeremy Bates, and Jay is obviously upset. If you believe Peter King, he asked for (and would have been denied) a trade to another team. Fast forward a few weeks, and this whole business of the Broncos trading Jay in a three-way trade to bring in Matt Cassel. The Broncos deny anything serious took place, assuring everyone that they just answered a couple of phone calls. Jay and his agent, Bus Cook, on the other hand claim that they know they were actively trying to trade and shop Jay around.

Could it be that Cutler and Cook were the ones that sent feelers out to the rest of the league to try and push the Broncos in a situation in which they'd have to trade Cutler, while all the while making Cutler look like the victim in all of this, being lied to by the Broncos front office and his new head coach?

Interesting theory if you ask me..

Comment

• Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
      I read i was suprised when i didnt see it sorry bout that i guess..
      NP....

I really can't see any trades happening with cutler, teams might try but they will.... _ _ _ _ .... just like all these Jay is getting traded threads

Hoserman117 and TheRealMoose can fill in the blank..

:cutler: - grow up dude and sort this shizzle out!

:go:

Comment

• LOL "U" Mad!
        -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

• Ok" we all know

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink,Cutler might show up and when he does he has lost faith in the Bronco system and that can not be repaired. Ok" I too was very upset about the whole ordeal. But now I truly believe a trade in inevitable and right now this deal plus a 3rd round pick does not seem to be such a bad deal. You bring in Shawn Rodgers into the D with what players we have already signed, our D will be like a brick wall and Mc D will work Brady into his system. Like they say if it isn't broke don't fix it but it has been broken and now it needs to be fixed and fast.:2cents:

Comment

• I wouldn't be AS heated with this deal like the Cassell one...cuz I REALLY like Brady Quinn...I think he'll smoke Russell...

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyD123 View Post
              This may seem a bit harsh since I'm not a Bronco's homer. I just feel that a different point of view, is sometimes a good thing. Up front... I'm a New England fan, with a history of how Parcells & Belichick do things when they take over a team, so here it is...
              Denver hasn't had that many coaches right? So the fans are kind of new to the turmoil of it all. teams like Detriot, Miami, 49er's, Raiders are pretty used to this.
              Cutler is a talented QB... He knows it, but he thinks he's better than he is. BP & BB want a certain something from there QB. I can't imagine that JM would be any different. I can clearly see why JM doesn't want Cutler as his QB.
              1-Losing record
              2-Health issues
              3-Under achiever
              4-Not coachable
              5-Airs problems in the press
              6-Has asked to be traded
              7-Doesn't get along with management
              8 Believes the Bronco's are his team
              9-etc...
              This guy sounds a lot like Jeff George, who bye the way... May have had the best arm in the history of the NFL. I hear how Cutler talks about his arm
              Anyway George's biggest problem was himself, and seemed to be in a downward spiral throughout his pro career.
              I got to tell ya something Denver. If this is Josh's team. And it is!. The press or fanbase will not sway him. He's young, but he's old school.
              One thing that he knows. He was aware of the pissing and moaning that would take place with the ousting of (fan favorite) J Cutler. I respect a head coach that will take a risk, in order to put his system in place.
              He made a good attempt with the 3 way trade but, the Cassel-KC deal was in the bag already.
              Give Josh a chance. Taking over a team is always rocky, when changes take place.
              It's mildly amusing that the only outside team whose fans support McDaniels over Cutler, is New England (nearly every other team has fans who can't believe the Broncos FO can be so stupid). It's even funnier if you consider how the average NE fan would react if Brady were to be put on the trading block in favor of a career backup, that too by a rookie head coach.
              Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

• If one had to go, sent Josh packing.

I want Jay here. :cutler::go::cutler::go:

Comment

• Originally posted by HorseStance View Post
                  NP....

I really can't see any trades happening with cutler, teams might try but they will.... _ _ _ _ .... just like all these Jay is getting traded threads

Hoserman117 and TheRealMoose can fill in the blank..

:cutler: - grow up dude and sort this shizzle out!

:go:
                  Not sure what I have to do with it, but...

In Manning I trust.

Comment

• Survey says!

Hey, Josh looked at the film. Talked with Cutler. Then asked himself "if this was the guy he was going to war with?" We all know what the answer was don't we.

Comment

• Brady Quinn has been backing up Derek Anderson for a awful-mediocre team for 2 years. I think that says alot. Hes played in what, two games his whole career? Regardless of Rodgers and the 3rd rounder, we'd be giving up a great talent like Cutler for a weakarmed, overrated QB without any experience, whos been backing up a 3rd tier QB for 2 years....

Only a rumor though, right?

My 2007 Adopt a Broncos are Brandon Marshall and Erica Weston

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealMoose View Post
                        Not sure what I have to do with it, but...

LMFAO!!! EPIC!!!
                        sigpic

:orton: ITS TIME FOR THE ORTONATER!

Comment

• If that were the case don't you think the Broncos would have told the press that Jay had asked to be traded? That would make them look like the good guys - trying to trade a player who wanted out.

Fans would be all over Jay and agreeing he needs to go. Instead, in most fans eyes, the Broncos are the bad guys for trying to make a stupid trade that backfired.

I'm certain Jay never asked to be traded, or the FO would be stating publicly that he did. That would put this to rest.

Comment

• The big question is

Why has Josh Mc D not stepped up to the microphone and explained all of this mess to Bronco Nation? and when will he hold a press conference to put all of this to rest and just get it out into the open? We need to here it from the horses mouth himself. Its just not going to go away.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFuture6 View Post
                              Brady Quinn has been backing up Derek Anderson for a awful-mediocre team for 2 years. I think that says alot. Hes played in what, two games his whole career? Regardless of Rodgers and the 3rd rounder, we'd be giving up a great talent like Cutler for a weakarmed, overrated QB without any experience, whos been backing up a 3rd tier QB for 2 years....

Only a rumor though, right?
                              oh and what, your golden boy has been in the league 3 YEARS and all he can do is 17-20?! Everybody knows Brady Quinn is going to be a better QB than cutler at the end of the day. Oh and btw, Derek Anderson > Jay Cutler

Anderson has actually won 10 games in a season
                              sigpic

Comment

• Diabetes A Factor?

We all know the harsh reality of the NFL, and that is that it is a cold, cruel business.

With that in mind, you have to wonder if diabetes played a role in the Broncos recent flirtation with Matt Cassel.

I got into a discussion with a very prominant local Dr. today that is also a Broncos fan. In discussing Cutler, he brought up the fact that he did not believe Jay Cutler is going to even get to ten years in his NFL career, due to the risks and complications the disease brings. He also indicated that the Broncos are bearing a significant cost in providing all the extra medical attention thay Jay Cutler requires. Additionally, he mentioned that eventaully Cutler is going to take a shot on his insulin pump in a game that is going to disable it, and he will be required to go immediately to the hospital, and when that happens, he is likely to miss an additional couple of weeks getting a new one placed. His levels will need to be re-stabelized, and he believes these types of problems are inevitable for Jay Cutler at some point in time.

Certainly, the Broncos have to be well aware of all the possibilities and factors associated with the disease, and if it does come with added possible consequence, when you factor in the fact that Jay Cutler will soon be in line for a contract extension, it all becomes very interesting, because the bottom line is, the NFL is not a 'normal' environment, and in medical terms, Jay Cutler is sick.

The truth is, Jay Cutler is not likely to have the career longevity of a John Elway or Bret Favre. In fact, statistically, the odds are he will be lucky to get even ten years in the NFL, and the longer he plays, the greater the risks and chances of health complications for him after he retires, and at some point, you have to figure he is going to be advised to cut his career short for quality of later life.

Do you think this factors into the decision, and the Broncos might be saying to themselves the time to move Jay Cutler is now?

It is an interesting question to ponder, because all businesses are driven by monetary concerns, and Jay Cutler is a substantial financial risk.
                                Last edited by MindField; 03-03-2009, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X